Tartan Army and their private war

i8hibsh

No thanks, heard it all before.

Do you stick your fingers in your ears and shout "lalalalalalalala"?

Its hardly rivalry...its completely one way.

Is it? I lived in England for a fair few years, and I can assure you it's not. Where's your evidence to the contrary? Have you even been to a Scotland v England match?

Just because you personally dont behave like the rest of them doesnt change anything.

My eyes and ears must be deceiving me then as well, I really must get them checked out :rolleyes:

As for tabloid myths, I cant recall ever even reading about the tartan army in tabloids...sounds like paranoia to me.

Me thinks you are fibbing. You are spouting exactly the same sort of ill-informed nonsense that the likes of Jim Traynor or Gerry McNee spout, and you've swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

And no i cant think of individual examples, im just speaking generally on their behaviour...its obviously causing great offence :rolleyes:

So I was right, you're just talking tripe, glad we cleared that one up.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all my cousins bar a couple are all english born to an english parent (the mothers are all english with the exception of 1 german) and i'll continue singing if you hate the effin english clap your hands

in fact i ring them during games to sing it down the phone to them

same as i used to do with my english ex bloke

just the same as they will refer to me as the sweaty sock, the porridge wog etc...

there is NO nastiness in it, its taken in the right spirit.

i hate nobody, not even hobos, i can't be arsed wasting the energy on hatred!

the fact is this, england are our neighbours as a nation, just like the hubs are our local neighbours and that is where the rivalry starts and finishes

HOWEVER

the english media do nobody any favours and i had conversations with english mates during the WC last year about the press and the way we were both being portrayed and it was frightening.

any violence or bad feeling caused was in almost every case, started by the press. the way they were making us sound in the papers was causing trouble, not the fact that people were bantering about football

oh, i just remembered something i hate

tories!

:P

It's just like wanting Hibs to get beat, they are our rivals.

Don't see the problem with it.

I'm the same.

As long as you hate England (the team) in the same way as you hate Hibs, there is nothing wrong with it.

Do you stick your fingers in your ears and shout "lalalalalalalala"?

Is it? I lived in England for a fair few years, and I can assure you it's not. Where's your evidence to the contrary? Have you even been to a Scotland v England match?

My eyes and ears must be deceiving me then as well, I really must get them checked out :rolleyes:

Me thinks you are fibbing. You are spouting exactly the same sort of ill-informed nonsense that the likes of Jim Traynor or Gerry McNee spout, and you've swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

So I was right, you're just talking tripe, glad we cleared that one up.

I happen to completely agree with Jim Traynor on the subject of the tartan army ;) Stop making it sound like anyone who dislikes the tartan army has been brainwashed by the media, what nonsense.

I happen to completely agree with Jim Traynor on the subject of the tartan army ;) Stop making it sound like anyone who dislikes the tartan army has been brainwashed by the media, what nonsense.

So tell me what you base your opinions on? how often do you travel abroad to watch Scotland?

So tell me what you base your opinions on? how often do you travel abroad to watch Scotland?

Never, I spend my money on Hearts games...im basing my opinions on what ive seen from games at hampden and from footage of them on tv...that was before I learned from you that the entrie media are out to get the tartan army.

My suspicions are confirmed, thank you.

So you cant have an opinion about the tartan army unless you've travelled abroad with them? :eek:

Of course you can have an opinion, but the danger for you is that it will most likely be ill-informed and a load of nonsense, and I'm afraid to say...........

The irony of this thread, having a go at Scotland fans who hate England, being created by a Hearts fan who has "i8hibsh" as his username does not escape me..........

When the brains were being handed out

Goldstone Wonder
So you cant have an opinion about the tartan army unless you've travelled abroad with them? :eek:

How on earth can you pontificate about what the Tartan Army get up to with any sort of authority if you don't go to Scotland games, at home or abroad?

I've seen Hearts three times abroad and Scotland three times abroad (if you include two Euro 96 games!). The Tartan Army were no worse or better than the Hearts fans abroad. Some great folk, some very drunk folk, and some I was embarrassed to be supporting the same team with. I think it's grossly unfair to generalise about one set of fans - apart from Hobos!.

It wouldn't have meant that. Lord Mercer dressed things up a bit to make the proposal a bit more palatable to the Leith clowns. Once they accepted his proposal they would be closed down, their assets sold, and the Hearts name and stadium would have continued.

I was privvy to sight of an 'alleged' document from the stockboker involved in the transaction , albeit from an anti Mercer activist, that suggested otherwise.

The word 'Edinburgh' would have been part of the merged clubs' name. No mention of Heart, of of, or Midothian .

I was privvy to sight of an 'alleged' document from the stockboker involved in the transaction , albeit from an anti Mercer activist, that suggested otherwise.

The word 'Edinburgh' would have been part of the merged clubs' name. No mention of Heart, of of, or Midothian .

Enough said.

How on earth can you pontificate about what the Tartan Army get up to with any sort of authority if you don't go to Scotland games, at home or abroad?

I've seen Hearts three times abroad and Scotland three times abroad (if you include two Euro 96 games!). The Tartan Army were no worse or better than the Hearts fans abroad. Some great folk, some very drunk folk, and some I was embarrassed to be supporting the same team with. I think it's grossly unfair to generalise about one set of fans - apart from Hobos!.

Absolutely correct. I've seen Scotland and Hearts many times abroad (about 25 in total) and while a very small minority of Scotland fans get wrecked and make an arse of themselves the ratio is much the same as the Hearts fans who get wrecked and come over all bigoted and nasty and start the "party" songs!

Personally I'd rather my club do better on the field but off it I probably prefer the Scotland fans!

We DO NOT and to the best of my knowledge have NEVER celebrated a defeat. We accept the lads done their best and that we are a limited side.

Question to anyone who was at the 2 cup finals in 1996 (5-1 and 4-3 defeats to Rangers). Did you clap the team off the pitch because they'd given their best? I know I did but I know I wasn't celebrating!!!

Guest S.U.S.S.
Absolutely correct. I've seen Scotland and Hearts many times abroad (about 25 in total) and while a very small minority of Scotland fans get wrecked and make an arse of themselves the ratio is much the same as the Hearts fans who get wrecked and come over all bigoted and nasty and start the "party" songs!

Personally I'd rather my club do better on the field but off it I probably prefer the Scotland fans!

We DO NOT and to the best of my knowledge have NEVER celebrated a defeat. We accept the lads done their best and that we are a limited side.

Question to anyone who was at the 2 cup finals in 1996 (5-1 and 4-3 defeats to Rangers). Did you clap the team off the pitch because they'd given their best? I know I did but I know I wasn't celebrating!!!

Whats the matter with Party songs?

I like wigfield!;)

"Saturday night and the air is getting hot.."

Did anyone hear some Nationalist clown on unreal Glasgow Radio yestedray (Travel Clun spokesman)?

He got interviewed about the George Burley appointment

He goes yeah it's great in his skin crawl toe curling blood boiling weegie accent and goes on to say

whoever he appoints as his number 2 and number 3 you can assure you we will support him all we can

Nothing wrong with this so far you quite rightly say then he says

"It will be the only team GB we will support"

Firstly don't speak for me you weegie **** (I'll edit it for you mods to save you the hassle)

Why do these clowns ahev to bring England into the conversation ALL the time!

I hate em

where is the anti-englishness in what you have reported here? i cannot see it. seeing as you brought it up then i think it's you that's being paranoid and neurotic. and how ironic and hypocritcal is your username all of a sudden?

put your dummy back in. love who you want and hate who you want.

Whats the matter with Party songs?

I like wigfield!;)

"Saturday night and the air is getting hot.."

I prefer Russ Abbot - "Oh what an atmosphere..." and somewhat appropriate too on this thread.

Nelly Terraces

You can't beat of 'AGA-DOO' at a party!

'Aaaaaaaaa-ga doo, doo, doo, shake pineapple from the tree....'

Blinding. Where's the Malibou?

Agreed 100%. I've seen Scotland abroad a number of times and I'd say the ratio for good supporters to eejits is about 95% to 5%

There are a number of regular guys I know who are English as well.

Too many punters throwing the word "hate" about here....

It's a very stong word, and should be reserved soley for that fat b*stard Chris "parasite" Robinson.

I dont hate the English, never have, never will. I dont hate any other club team in Scotland. Thing is tho, I love it when any of them get humped. Laugh my ass off when England get humped so I do.

Why? Cos they are my rivals. End of.

Why cant the PC brigade just accept that, instead of trying to build a whole debate around "why we have these feelings"......

FFS, stop reading too much into this. Its called rivalry, and was perfectly acceptable in the days before our TV screens were filled with homosexuals and when a blackboard was indeed, a blackboard.

Too many punters throwing the word "hate" about here....

It's a very stong word, and should be reserved soley for that fat b*stard Chris "parasite" Robinson.

I dont hate the English, never have, never will. I dont hate any other club team in Scotland. Thing is tho, I love it when any of them get humped. Laugh my ass off when England get humped so I do.

Why? Cos they are my rivals. End of.

Why cant the PC brigade just accept that, instead of trying to build a whole debate around "why we have these feelings"......

FFS, stop reading too much into this. Its called rivalry, and was perfectly acceptable in the days before our TV screens were filled with homosexuals and when a blackboard was indeed, a blackboard.

I think you'll find "the brigade" (hmmmm... not sure they'll enjoy being referred to as a "brigade"! ;) ) who are making all of the fuss about a lighthearted bit of banter from the TA interviewee are anything but 'PC'... They have their own hard-line unionist agenda and take every opportunity going to have a dig at the Scottish Football Team, the Tartan Army, the SNP, and - indeed - anything else that serves to identify Scotland as an entity in its own right.

... in the days before our TV screens were filled with homosexuals ....

Have you got some of those special satellite channels then? ;)

Perfectly put :thumb:

Guest Dipped Flake
I think you'll find "the brigade" (hmmmm... not sure they'll enjoy being referred to as a "brigade"! ;) ) who are making all of the fuss about a lighthearted bit of banter from the TA interviewee are anything but 'PC'... They have their own hard-line unionist agenda and take every opportunity going to have a dig at the Scottish Football Team, the Tartan Army, the SNP, and - indeed - anything else that serves to identify Scotland as an entity in its own right.

Finally someone has come out and hit the nail on the head. If they only came out and admitted it maybe we could have a reasoned debate.

p.s. still waiting a day later for any evidence of our First Minister being anti-english

Archived