Tartan Army and their private war

i8hibsh

Did anyone hear some Nationalist clown on unreal Glasgow Radio yestedray (Travel Clun spokesman)?

He got interviewed about the George Burley appointment

He goes yeah it's great in his skin crawl toe curling blood boiling weegie accent and goes on to say

whoever he appoints as his number 2 and number 3 you can assure you we will support him all we can

Nothing wrong with this so far you quite rightly say then he says

"It will be the only team GB we will support"

Firstly don't speak for me you weegie **** (I'll edit it for you mods to save you the hassle)

Why do these clowns ahev to bring England into the conversation ALL the time!

I hate em

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Indeed, it's backward thinking.

I am sure it was a bit toungue in cheek though.

Nah he said it with venom

he was a weegie tool

he is the kinda sack that wore a Croatia top when they played them

for what it's worth I want England to get tanked in EVERY game they play but why do they have to spend their lives obsessed by it

get over it ya racist clowns

Dunk-Section G

I don't want England to lose games. I don't particularly care. I usually support the underdog in matches with them, but I am happy when they are at major chapionships because it adds a bit more interest.

The Tartan Army's hatred of England is shameful and is one of the reasons I rarely go to Scotland games.

Nah he said it with venom

he was a weegie tool

he is the kinda sack that wore a Croatia top when they played them

for what it's worth I want England to get tanked in EVERY game they play but why do they have to spend their lives obsessed by it

get over it ya racist clowns

It's just like wanting Hibs to get beat, they are our rivals.

Don't see the problem with it.

Was he not speaking for the tartan army?

Are you in the tartan army i8?

Nope

and I hate how these clowns think the only way to be Scottish is to

a.Hate England

b.Vote SNP

c.Be in Tartan Army

I do neither and I assure you I am as much Scottish as those scrotes

I don't want England to lose games. I don't particularly care. I usually support the underdog in matches with them, but I am happy when they are at major chapionships because it adds a bit more interest.

The Tartan Army's hatred of England is shameful and is one of the reasons I rarely go to Scotland games.

I don't think they hate England, just the English football team.

I'll happily admit that I find it funny when they lose. Just like I find it funny when Rangers and Sellick lose.

Nope

a.Hate England

b.Vote SNP

c.Be in Tartan Army

I know you hate all that stuff, but how was the guy speaking for you?

If he is a tartan army representative, he would have been speaking for the kilted, doe a deer singers.

I don't think they hate England, just the English football team.

I'll happily admit that I find it funny when they lose. Just like I find it funny when Rangers and Sellick lose.

The guy in my work is one of them

Utterly despises all things English

I think most of them (including the fat MOD EDIT Salmond) do

I think most of them (including the fat Salmond) do

I disagree.

I know plenty of kilters and I go to every Scotland home game and some away. I've never found them to hate England or English people.

Guest JamboRobbo

The irony of this thread, having a go at Scotland fans who hate England, being created by a Hearts fan who has "i8hibsh" as his username does not escape me..........

Guest Dipped Flake
Did anyone hear some Nationalist clown on unreal Glasgow Radio yestedray (Travel Clun spokesman)?

He goes yeah it's great in his skin crawl toe curling blood boiling weegie accent and goes on to say

whoever he appoints as his number 2 and number 3 you can assure you we will support him all we can

Firstly don't speak for me you weegie **** (I'll edit it for you mods to save you the hassle)

I hate em

Sorry, I might be going blind but the first mention of england in this post was from yourself???

And I also find it a bit strange that you object to Scotland fans hating england but it is ok for you to hate Scotland fans...weird

Guest JamboRobbo
Sorry, I might be going blind but the first mention of england in this post was from yourself???

And I also find it a bit strange that you object to Scotland fans hating england but it is ok for you to hate Scotland fans...weird

don't forget, it's ok for hearts fans to hate hibs fans too apparently.....

just so long as it's not scotland fans hating england it's ok.....

Indeed. I agree.

The laddie doth protest too much.

Dunk-Section G
don't forget, it's ok for hearts fans to hate hibs fans too apparently.....

just so long as it's not scotland fans hating england it's ok.....

Would it be ok for Scotland fans to hate Republic of Ireland fans?

I hate em

I think it's safe to assume the TA bloke's comment went over your head. Presumably, Team GB was a reference to Team George Burley (to be supported) and also to Team Great Britain (London 2012 - to be opposed).

England? No mention as far as I can see.

I'd be very interested (and very surprised) if you could back-up that statement with a single example.

You are clearly pursuing a major "agenda" regarding the Scottish football team, their most active and loyal supporters, and those Scottish politicians whose views do not happen to coincide with yours, but you are happy to throw around accusations of bigotry at others.

Strange...

Thig Ar Latha

I hate em

Ha ha, quite funny and inoffensive. You must be very PC and thin skinned to find that offensive! :cool:

Vlad_Knows_Best
I think it's safe to assume the TA bloke's comment went over your head. Presumably, Team GB was a reference to Team George Burley (to be supported) and also to Team Great Britain (London 2012 - to be opposed).

England? No mention as far as I can see.

I think you may have interpreted the callers views correctly there mate.

Evidence...?

Quotes...?

Examples...?

Still waiting...

:tumbleweed:

Nope

a.Hate England

b.Vote SNP

c.Be in Tartan Army

So essentially by your reckoning every tartan army member is a scrote?

Bit of a scrote opinon if you ask me!

I didn't follow Scotland for a couple of years but returned for France (a), Ukraine (h) and Italy (h). Some might not get any further without saying "glory-seeker" but I stopped going when Berti got sacked but thats another story...

Anyway my point is that at these three games there were very few (if any) songs relating to a hatred of England. Probably something to do with us being relatively successful on the park for a change. I heard plenty mocking of Scotland from the English prior to their hilarious failure against Croatia!!!

I've always defended my right to enjoy watching Scotland and my right to want England's football team, rugby team etc. to get pumped. It's a free country and I've never hated anyone just because they are English (or a Hibby, Hun, Tim etc).

Incidentally when the Olympics, Ryder cup etc are on this year I'll be cheering English athletes and golfer's on. Is that ok?

Are you sure it wasn't a reference to the Olympic committees attempt to get Scotland to agree to submitting a GB team for the Olympics? (Which Gordon Smith rejected without consideration of what the football fans of Scotland may think - not that I'd be strongly in favour)

I don't hate the English, I don't even hate the English football team...hate is far too strong a word to use.

But...

I do want the English football team to get right royally humped every time they play...like I want the green **** to get humped every time they play...and the weegie ****...

God I love it when England get beat...particularly after their media have built them up[ to be unbeatable, and crowned them World Champions before a ball is kicked. The Croatian managers comments regarding the arrogance coming from the English media when his team defeated them, were completely justified...he told them to have some respect, go on yerself Slaven!!!

It's a local rivalry...we want Hibs to get whipped as they are our rivals...we want the English to get whipped as they are our main rivals...and anyone who says that this is bigotry is a fool...it's sporting rivalry...although some muppets do take it too far, where it does become true hatred....but they are just intellectually challenged.

I used to be a member of the travel club and have followed Scotland in qualifying games home and abroad as well as 2 world cups and a Euro championship, and i went to some of the qualifying games just recently.

I would say in the past 20 years things have developed in a political way with the TA, and on a trip to Sweden for qualifier a few years back some TA had SNP placards with them as an election was going on back home. These clowns got more than they bargained for when me and my mates around about 20 of us told them to gtf and took the placards off them and stood on them. We where going to a football match, not a political rally.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Sadly I8, its what we got due to the election the bigots are running the show now.

Of course its the politically correct face of bigotry, the friendly rivalry!

Which seems to equate to have a pop at every opportunity. IMO makes this country look petty and shallow. I also feel it shows a great deal of insecurity on the part of the SNP. Every chance they get they run down this or that to do with the union rather than talk up their views.

This may be why the national discussion has had such low interest. only 100 letters or such i believe.

If this country wants to be prosperous, its time to ditch the lame pops at the english and talk its own game up.

Guest JamboRobbo
Sadly I8, its what we got due to the election the bigots are running the show now.

Which seems to equate to have a pop at every opportunity. IMO makes this country look petty and shallow. I also feel it shows a great deal of insecurity on the part of the SNP. Every chance they get they run down this or that to do with the union rather than talk up their views.

This may be why the national discussion has had such low interest. only 100 letters or such i believe.

If this country wants to be prosperous, its time to ditch the lame pops at the english and talk its own game up.

whereas Hearts fans hating hibs is the way to forward.........

I hate em

so you wouldnt mind Hearts and Hibs merging to make a combined Edinbugh team?

Guest S.U.S.S.
whereas Hearts fans hating hibs is the way to forward.........

Can you show me where within my post i said that?

Do all hearts fans run hibs down during a conversation that has nothing to do with hibs?

no.

Salmond and his lot have a pop almost every time one of them get in front of a camera or gives an interview.

Small man with a large chip on his shoulder.

Guest S.U.S.S.
so you wouldnt mind Hearts and Hibs merging to make a combined Edinbugh team?

I liked Sir Mercers idea!

I dont hate them, i feel sorry for them, magine having to support that for the rest of your life!:eek:

I liked Sir Mercers idea!

I dont hate them, i feel sorry for them, magine having to support that for the rest of your life!:eek:

true - but would you be keen on merging if it meant giving up the name Heart of Midlothian, Tyncastle etc?

true - but would you be keen on merging if it meant giving up the name Heart of Midlothian, Tyncastle etc?

It wouldn't have meant that. Lord Mercer dressed things up a bit to make the proposal a bit more palatable to the Leith clowns. Once they accepted his proposal they would be closed down, their assets sold, and the Hearts name and stadium would have continued.

It wouldn't have meant that. Lord Mercer dressed things up a bit to make the proposal a bit more palatable to the Leith clowns. Once they accepted his proposal they would be closed down, their assets sold, and the Hearts name and stadium would have continued.

yeah but im referring to the idea of a GB team - regardless of how i feel about the England team, independence etc I would be dead against it as i see it as two rivals merging, e.g. Hearts and Hibs

Guest S.U.S.S.

The name stays, just hibs go!;)

yeah but im referring to the idea of a GB team -

No you're not. You specifically mentioned the Mercer takeover.

Guest S.U.S.S.
deal! and we get to send back the cheating moroccans :cool:

One goes back in a bag.

As the sig says,

SHOOT ZEMAMMA, SHOOT SHOOT ZEMAMMA!;)

Evidence of bigotry, since the election...?

Quotes highlighting bigotry, since the election...?

Examples of bigotted behaviour, since the election...?

yeah but im referring to the idea of a GB team - regardless of how i feel about the England team, independence etc I would be dead against it as i see it as two rivals merging, e.g. Hearts and Hibs

Surely 4 rivals merging.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Evidence of bigotry, since the election...?

Quotes highlighting bigotry, since the election...?

Examples of bigotted behaviour, since the election...?

OFFS

Listen to what they come out with. Put that with the definition of a bigot.

All they do is run down the union and refue to acknowledge any good things it has given us.

Bigot

a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.

Alex be thy name.

Can you show me where within my post i said that?

Do all hearts fans run hibs down during a conversation that has nothing to do with hibs?

no.

Salmond and his lot have a pop almost every time one of them get in front of a camera or gives an interview.

Small man with a large chip on his shoulder.

:rofl:

Great addition to your debate, highlight part of a post.

That'll be that then.

Grow up son.

Actually, I am trying to contribute. I asked you, and the OP, for evidence, examples, and quotes highlighting Alex Salmond's - or the SNP's - alleged "bigotry". It comes as no surprise to me at all that neither of you have been willing or able to do so.

By the way, I'm in my late 40s: if you are a generation or more older than me, I'll accept you calling me "son". If not, please desist.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Actually, I am trying to contribute. I asked you, and the OP, for evidence, examples, and quotes highlighting Alex Salmond's - or the SNP's - alleged "bigotry". It comes as no surprise to me at all that neither of you have been willing or able to do so.

By the way, I'm in my late 40s: if you are a generation or more older than me, I'll accept you calling me "son". If not, please desist.

Last point first, desisting!:)

Im not going to trawl the internet to get quotes for you, if you have not heard the thing he has said nor read them then i would imagine you are of a mind to agree with him. therefore you are correct i am not willing to scour the net provide examples to be confronted by, rivalry, and friendly banter responses.

But, dont get me wrong, while pro union, if we were to go about it in the right fashion. i.e. without the dirty politics and mud slinging, id be more inclined to listen.

The snp should be about more than slagging off the union and England imo.

The snp should be about more than slagging off the union and England imo.

Concentrating on this serves two purposes though:

1. It appeals to the romanticised wha's like us Brigadoon bigots of the Tartan Army and their ilk

2. Means they cannot be examined on normal political policies - economics, health, law & order, etc - that simply do not stand up to even basic scrutiny.

Archived