Olly Lee

We_are_the_Hearts

Just now, Dallas Green said:

Would be nice if Olly could explain what exactly he disagreed with. Rather than just being vague.

Nah, no need. Easier to just lift a Levein quote from a totally different conference/interview and pretend it’s the same story. :lol:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• been here before

• We_are_the_Hearts

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Nah, no need. Easier to just lift a Levein quote from a totally different conference/interview and pretend it’s the same story. :lol:

Lazy (shite) journalism at it's finest. 

He was very handy at set pieces and felt was harshly treated at times. Could be a bit slow on the ball but felt that Happened more often when we weren’t playing as well

Just now, Dallas Green said:

Lazy (shite) journalism at it's finest. 

Not even sure it’s as innocuous as that. It’s two completely different interviews. In the Lee one, he just sort of suggests that he wasn’t happy with where he was expected to play and what was expected of him. No more... then, the idiot who typed the shit out lifts Levein’s words when talking about the pressure he may be under ahead of this weekend.

The OP? ... I’d hope the moderators are keeping tabs.

Honestly guys, if you can’t make sense of what I’m saying here, then my advice would be to send the Daily Record story to a fact-checking service. It’s really easy to do. I think there’s one called ‘The Ferret’ or something similar. That’s of course assuming that you can’t see through the ludicrous and pathetic article for yourselves. :rofl:

JKB-dumbdown :lol: 

“Football is about opinions. I thought we should play one way and he (Levein) thought otherwise. 
"It is something I don’t really think about too much.
“Thankfully Steve has given me the opportunity to come here.”

If Hearts were playing well then I'd think Lee is talking pish. But given how things have been this year under Levein, I think Lee might have a point.

Would need to bump into Rob Lee to get the full story, I'm sure there are plenty beans to be spilled eventually.

Could have done without him showing glee at being part of Celtics title celebration. 

Leveins tactics are shite and Lee was mostly shite too - the end

21 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

With Levein it’s his way or the highway!!

criticise him in any way and you get a severe dose of Levein flu!!! 

While still a Heart of Midlothian player it is disrespectful to do so.

Fans will always and should always have their say, being a professional player you should

keep your powder dry until you are removed from the club.

We have to remember journalists pick and choose their quotes for impact so who knows what the

bigger picture was in this interview.

Bottom line is he is still a Hearts player so should keep quiet on his apparent tactical differences.

26 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Seriously, has anyone actually read the article... it’s like I’ve gone through the looking glass here. We surely are not about to accept these standards on this forum are we? The basic ability to read, digest/understand, and reply? It’s pretty fundamental on a forum. :rofl: 

I'm pleased you mentioned this. I wondered what was happening as i read this thread.

Levein is marmite. Sick of reading/listening about him. Worse than Brexit. I must have a split personality. I am on the one matter a Remainer and on the other a Leaver. Can you guess which is which? 🤔

1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Well done on being the 1st, expected that 😂😂😂😂

Who cares ?

Lee wasn't very good anyway. 

Thank **** we will never hear that  dreadful song again.👍

Olly Lee who was shown up as an utter one paced donkey in the SPFL blaming others for not being good enough. 

“My wife is home sick” - Was another excuse for being canned because he was pish.

He’s fallen out with every manager he’s played under, a billy big baws who has an exaggerated sense of his own self worth. 

Canned by Nathan Jones for months at Luton. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/football/luton-town/lee-left-frustrated-by-spell-out-of-luton-team-1-7867914/amp

Acted like a roaster when he got subbed by Nathan Jones.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/football/luton-town/luton-chief-not-overly-impressed-by-lee-s-reaction-to-substitution-1-8329409/amp

More like he got roasted infront of the team by Levein for not working hard enough and went in the cream puff because he thinks he’s the best thing since sliced breed.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Can't be bothered searching but did tell folk the reason he left was because of Levein and not the smoke screen that his wife missed home!!

And I said it came form the horses mouth, only to get slated by the usual. Some of the weird happy clappers will now think Olly has an agenda as well and wears UJ boxer shorts

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/olly-lee-reveals-tactics-row-20048904

I don’t think Lee is any great shakes but clearly he was doing ok in a good team, when we stopped playing in a fashion that suited him he got worse. 

Strangely enough the people who go on about UJs support a manager that has a UJ mug. I will be at the protest on Saturday, and I can’t stand the UJ, go figure.

7 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Olly Lee who was shown up as an utter one paced donkey in the SPFL blaming others for not being good enough. 

“My wife is home sick” - Was another excuse for being canned because he was pish.

He’s fallen out with every manager he’s played under, a billy big baws who has an exaggerated sense of his own self worth. 

Canned by Nathan Jones for months at Luton. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/football/luton-town/lee-left-frustrated-by-spell-out-of-luton-team-1-7867914/amp

Acted like a roaster when he got subbed by Nathan Jones.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/football/luton-town/luton-chief-not-overly-impressed-by-lee-s-reaction-to-substitution-1-8329409/amp

More like he got roasted infront of the team by Levein for not working hard enough and went in the cream puff because he thinks he’s the best thing since sliced breed.

:verysmug:

Oh hai, Olly. Hiya. Hiya pal.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

I think Lee is mentioning our defensive and negative tactics. I think he has a point, Lee looked superb when the campaign started with our free flowing football and link up, then that all stopped. He cut an interesting figure in the final IMO, looked like he didn't even want to be there, and was harshly treated from Levein despite putting in decent shifts whenever called upon. If he does goes permanently then IMO thats a good player lost

He does not mention this tho. 

The start of the campaign and then decline coincided with injuries to several key players as well. We surely had to change tactics?

I like Olly, thought he was a good player, not assured a starting place, but decent and useful. 

Not sure what his point or purpose is in this article tho or the op's mental break down is all about. 

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

With Levein it’s his way or the highway!!

criticise him in any way and you get a severe dose of Levein flu!!! 

This appears to be the case.

He wasn't great, if he was good as his dad thinks he is he wouldn't be playing at Gillingham on loan. Won't play for a bigger team than us, or a higher level that he is currently at.

Irvine looks far better.

Olly in the wrong here. Craig Levein is doing a great job and has us sitting nicely at the bottom of the table. Anyone who thinks Craig Levein isn't the best man for the job really needs their head checking. 

"Lee had damaged his medial collateral ligament and would be spending much of the summer in a knee brace. He was then told by manager Craig Levein that he wouldn’t be part of his plans this summer.

He said: “Football is about opinions, I thought we should play one way and he thought otherwise, it is something I don’t really think about too much. Thankfully Steve (Evans) has given me the opportunity to come here."

The above is the quote from Kentoline where the Record took their story from. It's at the end of an interview with him where he talks about his previous spell at Gillingham and his career to date. 

The Record obviously went to some lengths to find this article and then make their own article about it and then decide the main headline was his "tactics row" which the player himself says is something he doesn't think about.  

2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Olly in the wrong here. Craig Levein is doing a great job and has us sitting nicely at the bottom of the table. Anyone who thinks Craig Levein isn't the best man for the job really needs their head checking. 

And Olly Lee's opinion of that should be aired why?

What benefit is it to anyone associated with the club except for Olly Lee?

I didn't think myself very vindictive but I would be tempted to recall him

and remind him of his place as an employee.

If the article is true ofcourse.

2 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

And Olly Lee's opinion of that should be aired why?

What benefit is it to anyone associated with the club except for Olly Lee?

I didn't think myself very vindictive but I would be tempted to recall him

and remind him of his place as an employee.

If the article is true ofcourse.

Exactly, like I said Levein is doing a fantastic job. And everyone, including the players, should learn to keep their traps shut.

1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

Exactly, like I said Levein is doing a fantastic job. And everyone, including the players, should learn to keep their traps shut.

Never in my post did I say Craig was doing a fantastic job but you know this.

Nobody is above criticism but an employee dishing it out is very low - how do you think Doddy would have replied to this?

13 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

Never in my post did I say Craig was doing a fantastic job but you know this.

Nobody is above criticism but an employee dishing it out is very low - how do you think Doddy would have replied to this?

I never said you did. I'm sayang Craig is doing a fantastic job. And I also said Olly is in the wrong here.

3 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Can't be bothered searching but did tell folk the reason he left was because of Levein and not the smoke screen that his wife missed home!!

And I said it came form the horses mouth, only to get slated by the usual. Some of the weird happy clappers will now think Olly has an agenda as well and wears UJ boxer shorts

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/olly-lee-reveals-tactics-row-20048904

Most people on here have been saying he's shite for the last year.

So presume most people back Levein in this case. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Most people on here have been saying he's shite for the last year.

So presume most people back Levein in this case. 

You don’t have to back one or the other.

Edited by GinRummy

Just now, innerjambo said:

I never said you did. I'm sayang Craig is doing a fantastic job. And I also said Olly is in the wrong here.

Sorry, Inner I thought it was sarcasm - In my opinion he is pretty woeful as a manager of the first team, I would like to see him removed.

What Olly has reportedly said we can both agree on.

28 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

What Olly has reportedly said we can both agree on.

What are the tactics Olly wanted to employ that Craig didn't? 

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

I think Lee is mentioning our defensive and negative tactics. I think he has a point, Lee looked superb when the campaign started with our free flowing football and link up, then that all stopped. He cut an interesting figure in the final IMO, looked like he didn't even want to be there, and was harshly treated from Levein despite putting in decent shifts whenever called upon. If he does goes permanently then IMO thats a good player lost

Do you mean sitting in the stand ?

So we make judgement now on how people sit in a seat ?

Our most creative assists and goal scoring  wise midfielder last season was rubbish? I don’t understand that. No world beater but was a decent player in a good team when playing with confidence.

I was quite disappointed how it ended for him but seems to happen to a number of our players. Start well and then just fade away - bogged down with stifling tactics and a negative containing approach to games. 

Levein in paper today saying 1-0 wins will give confidence - five years into the master plan. This is currently the extent of our ambition. 

In defence of Lee all the goals in the semi came from moves orchestrated by him. Just wish people  would stop rubbishing ex- players because they want away to beside their families.

been here before
11 minutes ago, Prof said:

In defence of Lee all the goals in the semi came from moves orchestrated by him. Just wish people  would stop rubbishing ex- players because they want away to beside their families.

He's not an ex player.

And folk thought he was shite long  before he went on loan.

Edited by been here before

Lee needs to remember he’s still officially a Hearts player.

I reckon the disagreement came when everyone and their dog got injured and we had to change the way we played. Regardless, Lee is too slow to play at the top level in Scotland. 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Do you mean sitting in the stand ?

So we make judgement now on how people sit in a seat ?

When they look proper raging ye. 

3 hours ago, neonjambo said:

While still a Heart of Midlothian player it is disrespectful to do so.

Fans will always and should always have their say, being a professional player you should

keep your powder dry until you are removed from the club.

We have to remember journalists pick and choose their quotes for impact so who knows what the

bigger picture was in this interview.

Bottom line is he is still a Hearts player so should keep quiet on his apparent tactical differences.

And was it disrespectful of Levein to slag off Vanecek in public and not keep his powder dry until he was removed from the Club???

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

And was it disrespectful of Levein to slag off Vanecek in public and not keep his powder dry until he was removed from the Club???

Tbh, It was a bit. 

...a bit disco
4 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

What would be anyone's playing order for the list below?

Whelan

Damour

Haring

Lee

Irving

Presumably Lee wanted to play 370 so had a chance of getting into team.

Having seen Irving play this season, Olly Olly Lee would probably be bottom of that lot for me.

1 hour ago, been here before said:

He's not an ex player.

And folk thought he was shite long  before he went on loan.

No a few morons who don’t understand the role of a midfield player, whose strengths were based on making decisive moves, thought that. Their idea of a midfield player is an oaf who thunders round the pitch with his teeth gritted, kicking the crap out of other players. 

Edited by Prof

2 minutes ago, Prof said:

No a few morons who don’t understand the role of a midfield player, whose strengths were based on making decisive moves, thought that. Their idea of a midfield player is an oaf who thunders round the pitch with his teeth gritted, kicking the crap out of other players. 

So anybody that doesn’t share your view on Lee only appreciates a hatchet man?

You  realise how stupid that sounds aye?

48 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbh, It was a bit. 

I appreciate your honesty. 👍

been here before
49 minutes ago, Prof said:

Id imagine those morons will know he's not an ex-player though.

45 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Just as stupid as your drivel. Do you seriously think that even CL would play a midfield  player who is useless 

been here before
45 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Anyone who doesnt share his opinions is generally an idiot or a moron.

Its the Prof way.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Anyone who doesnt share his opinions is generally an idiot or a moron.

Its the Prof way.

Have you ever seen Hearts? Or are you another  one of those who like to make posts that have no bearing to reality.