Gaffer on unrest etc...

Clerry Jambo

Flatlining to the bottom 6.

I mean, one of his own players - Naismith - speaks occasionally of the lack of awareness and lack of a street wise aspect to Hearts play. And surely that comes down to management- if it considers these things important (!) like the player does.

Edited by Riccarton3

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Robbo-Jambo

• Last Laff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was expecting his comments to be along the lines of that he knows things aren't good enough, understands why the fans aren't happy, appreciate that he's in the last chance saloon but reads to me that he thinks the fans are over reacting and it's only 4 games! 

Totally out of touch. He's overseen 3 years of garbage, crap signings and dull, boring football and doesn't seem to see that. 

4 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I was expecting his comments to be along the lines of that he knows things aren't good enough, understands why the fans aren't happy, appreciate that he's in the last chance saloon but reads to me that he thinks the fans are over reacting and it's only 4 games! 

Totally out of touch. He's overseen 3 years of garbage, crap signings and dull, boring football and doesn't seem to see that. 

I totally agree.

The manager and his coaches main job is to get the absolute best out of the squad of players they have. Anybody still backing the current set up needs to ask themselves if that has happened last season or is likely to happen this season.

People can chat away and dress things up to suit their agenda but the current manager and his coaches have failed and failed badly.

3 hours ago, Simmo said:

and what has Harry done since?  Same old Thomaso I'm afraid...so anti-Levein and even worse now that he has retired !!!!

He hasn’t had the chance to do much since has he  - dumped on the bench and now out on loan. Waste of a talent.

Edited by Thomaso

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Levein wants the defending to be better so we can see out 2 - 1 leads against Hamilton out at Tynecastle. 

What about just going mental and try to score another goal or two and we wouldn't need to see it out. 🙄

That’s not in Levein’s DNA - he has no bottle to attack and as such will

continue to be a loser!

portobellojambo1
35 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

It was very much the way I read it as well. I was expecting him to acknowledge the situation and understand the reaction of the fans, but I don't think he did either. I can only really come to the conclusion it is possibly the way someone might act when they know there job is relatively safe, i.e. there is no need to do good as it doesn't matter.

9 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

It was very much the way I read it as well. I was expecting him to acknowledge the situation and understand the reaction of the fans, but I don't think he did either. I can only really come to the conclusion it is possibly the way someone might act when they know there job is relatively safe, i.e. there is no need to do good as it doesn't matter.

Sadly it sounds like that. 

If he loves the club like he says he would have walked by now. 

11 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

Good interview.

If Mr Levein is seeing performances in training that show we'll be turning the corner sharply then that's good enough for me. 

I echo these thoughts too. We have the best squad we’ve had in years. My biggest concern about the team are the injuries we keep getting. We can’t sustain them. Our strongest 11 would be a match for any team in Scotland. Just not sure what month we’ll see it happen. 

I’m not an apologist or anything but I fee we should be cutting the manager and chairman a bit of slack. I think back to where we were 6 years ago. If someone back then had said this is where we’d be now, I wouldn’t have bitten their hand off. I’d have swallowed there fecking arms and legs as well! HHGH 

25 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Yip. Safest job in world football and he knows it.

55 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I totally agree.

The manager and his coaches main job is to get the absolute best out of the squad of players they have. Anybody still backing the current set up needs to ask themselves if that has happened last season or is likely to happen this season.

People can chat away and dress things up to suit their agenda but the current manager and his coaches have failed and failed badly.

Every one is entitled to their own opinion but I cant understand why anyone would still back him. Unless there is a drastic turnaround this season, he will have been responsible for 3 very poor seasons. 

Hopefully moving to fan ownership will finally get rid of him. 

13 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I echo these thoughts too. We have the best squad we’ve had in years. My biggest concern about the team are the injuries we keep getting. We can’t sustain them. Our strongest 11 would be a match for any team in Scotland. Just not sure what month we’ll see it happen. 

I’m not an apologist or anything but I fee we should be cutting the manager and chairman a bit of slack. I think back to where we were 6 years ago. If someone back then had said this is where we’d be now, I wouldn’t have bitten their hand off. I’d have swallowed there fecking arms and legs as well! HHGH 

Keep reading this. Haven't seen it. Appreciate Naismith, Souttar and Haring are out but the best SQUAD would be winning games regardless. Particularly at home to Ross County and Hamilton. I think the manager has had more slack than any other manager in the UK with the results over the last 12 months to be honest.

Edited by Jamhammer

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Haringshairband said:

I'm an optimist. If things don't improve he will be punted. He should be stressing this to the players in order to get a performance.

He must’ve done this before now. How do you know it would garner a performance, maybe they don’t want him there either. I was told by an ex Hearts player who plays for the legends that they don’t trust him or his tactics.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Every one is entitled to their own opinion but I cant understand why anyone would still back him. Unless there is a drastic turnaround this season, he will have been responsible for 3 very poor seasons. 

Hopefully moving to fan ownership will finally get rid of him. 

I’m not sure if we can wait that long, he’s doing more damage the longer he stays.

26 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Sadly it sounds like that. 

If he loves the club like he says he would have walked by now. 

He loves himself more!

29 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I echo these thoughts too. We have the best squad we’ve had in years,on paper My biggest concern about the team are the injuries we keep getting. We can’t sustain them. Our strongest 11 would be a match for any team in Scotland. Just not sure what month we’ll see it happen. 

FTFY

unfortunately football is not played on paper,as it stands we have the second worse team in the league.

34 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Where we'd be now?

You mean bottom of the table with only 4 wins to our name in 9 months?

I just came across this article: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49672414 - posted earlier today (not sure if anyone else has posted it, so apologies if it has already been discussed).

The gist of it is that CL believes that better defending will equate to scoring more goals - I'm not sure I follow his view tbh. It is his typical negative mindset - I just want him gone, seriously, it is time for him and his bootroom boys to leave. 

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, merrymac said:

FTFY

unfortunately football is not played on paper,as it stands we have the second worse team in the league.

Thankfully the league is 38 games, not 4.

Being second bottom means **** all. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
15 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

I just came across this article: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49672414 - posted earlier today (not sure if anyone else has posted it, so apologies if it has already been discussed).

The gist of it is that CL believes that better defending will equate to scoring more goals - I'm not sure I follow his view tbh. It is his typical negative mindset - I just want him gone, seriously, it is time for him and his bootroom boys to leave. 

Mass clear-out please, including McPhee

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Mass clear-out please, including McPhee

Yes, exactly - they are all ruining our club.

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

No it means your second bottom  as of today. 

If you think that being second bottom at any stage season means **** all your supporting the wrong team.

Or maybe the right one by all accounts.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, merrymac said:

No it means your second bottom  as of today. 

If you think that being second bottom at any stage season means **** all your supporting the wrong team.

Or maybe the right one by all accounts.

Ofc it means **** all. 

Just like being top last season mean't **** all. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ofc it means **** all. 

Just like being top last season mean't **** all. 

So Hearts being top of the league meant **** all to you?

Strange fan, you should only go to the last game of the season -only one that means anything apparently

:vrface:

33 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It means our piss poor form over the last 2 seasons under Levein has continued this season!

55 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

What about the start of last season when going great guns until mid October? I’m sure you would have grabbed onto that when trying to justify the next 6 months of absolute shite?

Being top after 8 games means **** all either you will agree? Hopefully you answer so people can use the search function to see how much of a hypocrite you are. 

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

What about the start of last season when going great guns until mid October? I’m sure you would have grabbed onto that when trying to justify the next 6 months of absolute shite?

Being top after 8 games means **** all either you will agree? Hopefully you answer so people can use the search function to see how much of a hypocrite you are. 

He already stated being top means **** all, mate.

Obviously a big fan of the manager cos he delivers what he apparently wants, a consistent 6th place.

Top means **** all, bottom means **** all

I wonder what the actual point of it all is?

1 hour ago, Mr Kipling said:

Yip, heard him on the news earlier.

Banging on about defending...unbelievable, he really doesn’t help himself to throw off his tag for anti football.

He’s never a winner in a million years, too much of a shitebag, were just treading water with him, can’t wait till we get a positive manager, who’s emphasis is on scoring goals and attacking football.

4 minutes ago, merrymac said:

He already stated being top means **** all, mate.

Obviously a big fan of the manager cos he delivers what he apparently wants, a consistent 6th place.

Top means **** all, bottom means **** all

I wonder what the actual point of it all is?

6th place as long as there’s more points or if the same points to be ahead of the last season on goal difference while spunking loads of money year after year on a brand new squad.

there has even been the excuses that it’s a new squad -  wasn’t it Levein who said we only needed four players maximum this summer to build on the squad created?  Levein hasn’t a clue and is making it up as he goes along.  A bit like the poster I replied to who changes the goal posts to randomly suit what he’s saying.  The start of the season means **** all apart from if we go on a good run then it can be used to justify months of shite, if it starts shite then we have months left to sort it out.  Baffling. 

The injury list is still horrific.  I cut Levein a fair bit of slack for that.  If he had had a full squad for the SC final we would have won.

Probably around 3-0.

3 minutes ago, jockmac said:

Yip, heard him on the news earlier.

Banging on about defending...unbelievable, he really doesn’t help himself to throw off his tag for anti football.

He’s never a winner in a million years, too much of a shitebag, were just treading water with him, can’t wait till we get a positive manager, who’s emphasis is on scoring goals and attacking football.

Blaming the defence, of which he’s mainly concentrating on all the way through his career first is staggering and goes to give an indication the turgid shit he wants to have us playing.  How about signing a good goalkeeper for the first time in your managerial career Craig?  

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

The injury list is still horrific.  I cut Levein a fair bit of slack for that.  If he had had a full squad for the SC final we would have won.

Probably around 3-0.

:lol: 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, merrymac said:

So Hearts being top of the league meant **** all to you?

Strange fan, you should only go to the last game of the season -only one that means anything apparently

:vrface:

It means **** all after 4 games. 

We finished 6th last season, that's what matters. 

I'm out. 

Adam_the_legend
25 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Probably around 3-0.

Our injury list has been horrific for years. Other teams deal with injuries. When will the excuses end?!

He's delusional how he's still in the job is anybody's guess, or he's playing an absolute blinder. 

What if he's built into his contract millions in a pay out should the board no longer require his services, and he's basically working his ticket, he doesn't want to be there and is doing everything in his power to bring it to this conclusion, the wily fox did similar at Scotland in fact press reported he was still on full pay long after he'd left, another parasite in it for himself to cream off the beleaguered SFA, and Craigie boy walks off with a wad and didn't give a....

Now this is starting to make sense...

Adam_the_legend
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

It means **** all after 4 games. 

We finished 6th last season, that's what matters. 

I'm out. 

Ok, at what point does it mean something? If we’re bottom at Christmas we technically “could” win every game to the end of the season and finish top 4. Do we stick with him? What is the point you say enough is enough this is not working??

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

What you on about? 

It's good to be higher in the league and win every game. 

Bit being top although good, means **** all after 8 games. Finishing 6th is what matters. 

After 4 games the league position is irrelevent in regards to were we will end up. 

We've only played 4 teams Ffs. 

14 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Yup, just as I thought. He thinks the fans anger is purely based on the first 4 games of this season

:wtfvlad:

He didn’t say or insinuate that anywhere. You’re just making stuff up!

Edited by DalryJambo

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Ok, at what point does it mean something? If we’re bottom at Christmas we technically “could” win every game to the end of the season and finish top 4. Do we stick with him? What is the point you say enough is enough this is not working??

Definitely after a round of games.

Given the form of last season, we need wins now tho. 

Cup progress also helps and is important. 

Anyway, have fun. I'm not pishing my pants after 4 games, with defeats at celtic and Aberdeen. 

You carry on tho. 

Adam_the_legend
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Definitely after a round of games.

Given the form of last season, we need wins now tho. 

Cup progress also helps and is important. 

Anyway, have fun. I'm not pishing my pants after 4 games, with defeats at celtic and Aberdeen. 

You carry on tho. 

You’re not concerned that our dire form and performances have carried over from last year? You think that’s acceptable? 

14 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

At least he didn't say he is relaxed about the situation yet again.  Must now know that anything less than a performance and win on Sat will see him gone.

It won't if we get beat he will still be manager 

Just now, Adam_the_legend said:

You’re not concerned that our dire form and performances have carried over from last year? You think that’s acceptable? 

4 wins in 2019 in the league 

14 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

He's delusional how he's still in the job is anybody's guess, or he's playing an absolute blinder. 

What if he's built into his contract millions in a pay out should the board no longer require his services, and he's basically working his ticket, he doesn't want to be there and is doing everything in his power to bring it to this conclusion, the wily fox did similar at Scotland in fact press reported he was still on full pay long after he'd left, another parasite in it for himself to cream off the beleaguered SFA, and Craigie boy walks off with a wad and didn't give a....

Now this is starting to make sense...

He was on a contract pretty simple really sane as every other player / manager 

It should have been ten
14 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

At least Mr Levein hasn't thrown the towel in like the majority of this thread over the next 15 pages or so. 

This