Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Robbo-Jambo

• Last Laff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

I agree, you were pish in training as well.

Christ if that’s what it takes for you to be positive about things then fair pay. As long as we’re training well we’re sorted

58 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Afraid you are farting against thunder with sensible posts like this one. Of course he should be judged on this season as we have a new squad, most of whom are a good standard. 

Having said that, I feel if we don't beat Motherwell it may be time to jack it in as the baying mob will grow. Beat Motherwell, hibs and Aberdeen and they can hand their pitchforks back

You feel he should be judged on this season but think he should quit if we fail to beat Motherwell?

10 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Christ if that’s what it takes for you to be positive about things then fair pay. As long as we’re training well we’re sorted

To be fair, it’s highly unlikely you looked like Ronaldo in training, unless you’re still playing now at a very decent level... either that or you physically resemble him.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

47 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Unacceptable if true. You should name them though. Give them the opportunity to defend themselves.

Yip.

Put up or shut up.

37 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So, apart from resigning, what could he say that would please people? 😄

At this point nothing he could say would please supporters because he is finished in too many people’s eyes.

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, mitch41 said:

At this point nothing he could say would please supporters because he is finished in too many people’s eyes.

Watch what you say towards him though as folk are starting to get lifetime bans for slagging him. All via the snitch line

2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Who cares when we get to Hampden if we lose in the end.  That’s hibs mentality under wee Pat. 

:wtf:

Aye, let's get pumped oot early to save us getting beat in the final.

40 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So, apart from resigning, what could he say that would please people? 😄

Nothing because he has shown he hasn’t got the ability to manage Hearts.

The support has lost all faith in the man.

40 minutes ago, Haken said:

The only point I'd quibble with there is the 'now want a team' bit.  I can't personally remember a time when I didn't want a team to be proud of.

It feels to me that Levein is now on a one-game-at-a-time sort of arrangement.  This will undoubtedly be Ann Budge's most difficult period during her time at Hearts.  I think she is much more switched on than some give her credit for.  And the trumpeting of one woeful armchair 'fan' (not aimed at you, Mitch) to the contrary only reinforces that belief for me.  You know, the guy who thought the window cleaning bill would be 100k per anum.

Good post I concur.

4 minutes ago, graygo said:

:wtf:

Aye, let's get pumped oot early to save us getting beat in the final.

Who said that?  We either win the cup or we don’t.  Making Semis and finals get us zero.  

5 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Watch what you say towards him though as folk are starting to get lifetime bans for slagging him. All via the snitch line

I never get personal about Levein I point out facts about his ability to do the job Ann Budge gave him.

Thanks anyway for your post.

18Jambo_dave74

I notice a few posters have mentioned the Motherwell game potentially being Levein's last game if the result goes against us. Unless we hit new depths and get a hammering then I can't see that being the case.

I'd have thought that if we were at that stage of giving him one more game, then the Hamilton game would have been the time to make a change. We would have had a 2 week break without any fixtures whereas now on the back of Motherwell we will have a derby and a cup quarter final tie in the next 10 days. 

12 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Hiya pal.

5 hours ago, TheStig said:

The words of a man who has absolutely no pressure on him.

Pretty much what I took away from it. Been here before, will get better, training is great, see you next week.

A gentleman with far too much power and, it would appear zero accountability. The party line appears to be. “We will get better” As opposed to, “I am going to address our terrible defending and goal shy striking” 

Everything will be fine when Naisy is back and fit. We don’t have to win games when he’s not, apparently.

I don’t know if it’s arrogance or ignorance but it’s a genuine worry 

I find the debate about if Levein goes on a winning run or ends the losing run but still retains his job amusing.

There are Hearts fans out there who would actually disregard their team going on a good run, because they want the manager punished for a bad run.

That ladies and gentlemen, is:

Cutting off your nose to prevent yourself from smelling green cheese, and not seeing it, so you can spite your face. 😄

Just now, Last Laff said:

Do you run this forum? If so can I just say well done and what a good job you do 👍

No. Do you? If so, can I just say, you are a terrible bore.

Just now, Last Laff said:

Oh sorry, thought you did mate.  Apologies 👍

No need to apologise mate. I genuinely thought you did.

We are such silly geese. What are we like?? :lol: 

Some people on here must be serial gamblers; "I've lost 70% of my last 40 bets but as long as I win the next one it is okay because surely then my luck will change"...proceeds to continue to lose the majority of the bets.

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Some people on here must be serial gamblers; "I've lost 70% of my last 40 bets but as long as I win the next one it is okay because surely then my luck will change"...proceeds to continue to lose the majority of the bets.

Hmmm... don’t think that analogy works tbh.

If someone had been betting against us winning before our winning run, and carried on, they’d be rooked.

Clearly things change, and they can change in a second, and history becomes less of a definitive guide, when variables change. 

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

If someone had been betting against us winning before our winning run, and carried on, they’d be rooked.

Clearly things change, and they can change in a second, and history becomes less of a definitive guide, when variable change. 

I guess some folk just like the flutter of backing the long odds against form. That's the joy of gambling, the hope that this time it's your day. Will Motherwell be our day? I hope so, but I won't suddenly be thinking the following week will be our day too

We_are_the_Hearts
4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Clearly things change, and they can change in a second, and history becomes less of a definitive guide, when variables change. 

History shows Levein has no medals as a player or as a manager? That won't change in an a second, trust me

Just now, Taffin said:

I guess some folk just like the flutter of backing the long odds against form. That's the joy of gambling, the hope that this time it's your day. Will Motherwell be our day? I hope so, but I won't suddenly be thinking the following week will be our day too

I am far from a regular gambler, but in the name of fun and debate with you. I’ve just put a bet on three horses at odds as close to 40/1 as I could find in the next two races. Obviously, it’s unlikely I’ll win anything, as that’s the point in odds so long. 

Thing is though... I might win. 😄

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

I am far from a regular gambler, but in the name of fun and debate with you. I’ve just put a bet on three horses at odds as close to 40/1 as I could find in the next two races. Obviously, it’s unlikely I’ll win anything, as that’s the point in odds so long. 

Thing is though... I might win. 😄

😂 I hope they come in so some good comes of all this doom and gloom!!

Just now, Taffin said:

😂 I hope they come in so some good comes of all this doom and gloom!!

Me too... I might have got a bit too excited and just flung money away! 😄

Thats the whole point though, isn’t it? 😊

Very simply, if Heart of Midlothian PLC was run like a proper big business, then a Quality Audit of its football directorate would have found the position of DoF/Head Coach as being 'not fit for purpose'.  Any audit findings would have to have been actioned by the Board. Oh! Wait a minute, Levein is also a Board Member so lots of conflicts of interest here.

I would like to believe that FoH would not tolerate Levien as a Board Member, the Director of Football and the Head Coach.  Certainly not Head Coach, but I assume that the Director of Football is Board position.

Does Mrs Budge have sufficient sway in the Boardroom to remove him?      

11 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

History shows Levein has no medals as a player or as a manager? That won't change in an a second, trust me

I don’t trust you though. 

We_are_the_Hearts
2 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Very simply, if Heart of Midlothian PLC was run like a proper big business, then a Quality Audit of its football directorate would have found the position of DoF/Head Coach as being 'not fit for purpose'.  Any audit findings would have to have been actioned by the Board. Oh! Wait a minute, Levein is also a Board Member so lots of conflicts of interest here.

I would like to believe that FoH would not tolerate Levien as a Board Member, the Director of Football and the Head Coach.  Certainly not Head Coach, but I assume that the Director of Football is Board position.

Does Mrs Budge have sufficient sway in the Boardroom to remove him?      

We are a laughing stock. Fans of other clubs are laughing at us.

Leveins Battalion
Just now, We_are_the_Hearts said:

We are a laughing stock. Fans of other clubs are laughing at us.

Hibs are utter guff yet we cant even mock them as we are worse 🤣

6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Me too... I might have got a bit too excited and just flung money away! 😄

Thats the whole point though, isn’t it? 😊

True, maybe I need to live on the edge a little more...

-2 Motherwell now for me 😂😂

12 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

:facepalm: and then some. 

Matt Le Tissier and Stan Collymore were both shite footballers, well they must've been 'cause they won nothing. 

The medals argument for Levein as a player is poor in the extreme, he was an excellent player who had no luck whatsoever.

End of.

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

True, maybe I need to live on the edge a little more...

-2 Motherwell now for me 😂😂

Don’t do it! All three lost. :(

:rofl:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Unacceptable if true. You should name them though. Give them the opportunity to defend themselves.

I'm sure anyone who does, would deny it point blank, but you can smell it, and you could over Tynecastle a couple of weeks back.

Saddening. Feels like a no win situation now

MarkDevriesScores4

Craig doing that thing where he says “we’re only 4 games into the season” when we all know it’s not just this season. It’s the last 3 seasons.

He appears delighted with training? Who cares! How many points does training get us? 

Also didn’t appreciate Halkett’s weird statement that we “have been close to winning”. I don’t know what he’s been seeing because we’ve deserved to lose all four games and have been fortunate to pick up the 2 points we have.

Its beyond boring and needs to change dramatically on Saturday. Another home draw or a defeat is not acceptable.

Edited by MarkDevriesScores4

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Craig doing that thing where he says “we’re only 4 games into the season” when we all know it’s not just this season. It’s the last 3 seasons.

He appears delighted with training? Who cares! How many points does training get us? 

Also didn’t appreciate Halkett’s weird statement that we “have been close to winning”. I don’t know what he’s been seeing because we’ve deserved to lose all four games and have been fortunate to pick up the 2 points we have.

Its beyond boring and needs to change dramatically on Saturday. Another home draw or a defeat is not acceptable.

I agree to a certain extent. Press interviews when you are on a losing run, are rubbish, but equally they are rubbish when you are winning.

Very few people actually say explicitly what they are thinking. Add these interviews to the same level of junk as any post match analysis and interviews, keeps the media in a job, that's all.

15 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Don’t do it! All three lost. :(

:rofl:

Oh well, at least you were in it to win it as they say 🤑🤑 (<<<they're meant to be faces with dollar eyes, but I must say on my screen resolution they look more like ninja turtles!)

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

You've come out with some belters but that first sentence is right up there with your best (worst) slavers, and there has been plenty to choose from

Read the first paragraph he wrote again.  Do you think he actually meant that?  

He's the cynical old uncle that you get used too and just laugh with/at and also enjoy.  

3 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Read the first paragraph he wrote again.  Do you think he actually meant that?  

He's the cynical old uncle that you get used too and just laugh with/at and also enjoy.  

He's become such a caricature that I've no idea what he's on about most of the time

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Cut The Crap said:

It's amusing when folk just make up stuff to try and justify their opinion. 🙂 

A bit harsh on Levein. I am sure we look good in training. The fact that we haven't translated that into real games in nearly a year might be considered a failing of the head coach

Also I see the familiar excuse of injuries gets top billing again.

The interview reeks of arrogance and complacency in equal measure. With more than a pinch of patronising thrown in. He brags about how long he has been around the club. Some of us have been around longer.

Edited by Francis Albert

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

He's become such a caricature that I've no idea what he's on about most of the time

I know but there is no way that budge thinks that these things will save us from relegation.  He knows that as well.  He likes to make the point about priorities in his own way.  I think he intentionally caricatures.  

Better stop this ' does he want a drink' discussion...

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

It’s the only way but many people demand statements and updates but then get upset when they don’t contain exactly what they want to hear. 

You were right!  It's only fuelled some posters frustration...  good for here though.