Gaffer on unrest etc...

Clerry Jambo

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Regarding the form last season, I think we concentrated on the cup final which I think was the correct thing to do in the last 5 games. 

We weren't making Europe via the league, so we rested players with a view to the final coming. 

Now, the fact we weren't in the race for Europe is probably more important and worthy of a sacking debate, but as I said if he was getting sacked for a 6th place finish, a lc semi and a sc final he would have been sacked, he wasn't so with that established, yes you ignore last seasons form.

Whether it's right or wrong I don't know but he wasn't sacked for last seasons overall performance so we now go on this season. 

4 league games in, not good 

Lc- good. 

We need results now, the gaffer thinks we can get them. 

Afraid you are farting against thunder with sensible posts like this one. Of course he should be judged on this season as we have a new squad, most of whom are a good standard. 

Having said that, I feel if we don't beat Motherwell it may be time to jack it in as the baying mob will grow. Beat Motherwell, hibs and Aberdeen and they can hand their pitchforks back

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Robbo-Jambo

• Last Laff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Jambo647 said:

When AB took over in 2014 we were in the Championship, how ironic and sad will it be if in 2020 when the club is handed back to the fans (FOH) we find ourselves back in the Championship.

Anyone who does not believe at this point that this is a possibility is a fool

I think you are probably only half serious, but people really should be alarmed.  Relegation is a possibility.  What are we at now, 7 league wins in the past 12 months (give or take) - that would send anyone down.

8 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Our game is full of wee teams. We have about 5 decent sized clubs. Might as well pack it in if reaching finals or winning cups is no longer an achievement because of the teams you played. 

Reaching the final cant  be considered a success obviously but it’s reaching the target we set out... challenge for cups. The league is my worry at the moment which we have plenty time to sort out as we are only 4 games in. 

For the record  my patience is wearing thin as well but panic stations isn’t where I’m at. 

The level of achievement varies if playing really wee teams gets you to a final. But that's the beauty of the big cup, it isn't seeded.

The only achievement that matters is winning games/cups/trophies. Nearly's don't count, and shouldn't be used to prop up a failing manager.

54 minutes ago, Haken said:

The atmosphere towards the end of the Hamilton game was pretty bad.  A draw will only see that intensify.  Unlike some other posters - not yourself - I think Ann Budge will have made contingency arrangements. 

The atmosphere for a very long time has been very poor and mostly not so vocal because of a sense of loyalty to what the club has gone through, the way the fans rallied round the club, Ann Budge’s financial help and her fantastic leadership & vision of non football related management. 

The Hearts support now want a team to follow that they can be proud off with a management that know what they are doing unfortunately Levein, McPhee, Daly & Fox are just not good enough as the support have decided and they want them sacked. 

It doesn’t help when Levein basically comes out saying the fans don’t know what they are talking about.  There will be a demonstration after the game on Saturday if Hearts get beat and maybe even if they draw or win and i’d say to Ann Budge is this what the fans have to do to get through to her.

Edited by mitch41

I really do believe that Budge is so oblivious to how football works, she really does think that having an innovation centre for kids , paying the living wage and having a 'charity' on your top means that we will be safe from relegation.

We don't even have a 12th man anymore, we lost that the day she took over, so we can't even rely on good home form.  Our home form is utterly abysmal.  Usually having half decent home form is what can keep teams from getting relegated.

The latest from our Glorious Leader.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49672414

Some wee nuggets

"One thing we can focus on with real intent, is defending better," said Levein.

"We've being doing that and hopefully that work will become evident at the weekend. If we can get back to defending properly, then I'm very confident that the players will be able to score goals."

"So if we can get the defending right and score one goal we will probably win and if we can get two goals we will win then that's us back in a fairly positive position."

Personally "I am shaking with excitement" at the prospect of this new total football approach.

“Good in training” “injuries” “the performances will come”. At a point now where it is probably better just do it on the park, that’s the best way to shut everyone up. 

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

“Good in training” “injuries” “the performances will come”. At a point now where it is probably better just do it on the park, that’s the best way to shut everyone up. 

It’s the only way but many people demand statements and updates but then get upset when they don’t contain exactly what they want to hear. 

2 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

The latest from our Glorious Leader.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49672414

Some wee nuggets

"One thing we can focus on with real intent, is defending better," said Levein.

"We've being doing that and hopefully that work will become evident at the weekend. If we can get back to defending properly, then I'm very confident that the players will be able to score goals."

"So if we can get the defending right and score one goal we will probably win and if we can get two goals we will win then that's us back in a fairly positive position."

Personally "I am shaking with excitement" at the prospect of this new total football approach.

And again quotes like that drivel should see him relieved of his duties. He has no intention of changing his dreadful approach to the game

"Hopefully, probably, fairly positive"

if these words don't stir your loins then perhaps professional football isn't for you........................................................................give me strength!

Edited by sjh1874

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Afraid you are farting against thunder with sensible posts like this one. Of course he should be judged on this season as we have a new squad, most of whom are a good standard. 

Having said that, I feel if we don't beat Motherwell it may be time to jack it in as the baying mob will grow. Beat Motherwell, hibs and Aberdeen and they can hand their pitchforks back

I have to agree, we need results now.

Pithfork mode is default mode for many on here. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

That's worse than wanting the Lochend Cockends to win the Scottish Cup.

Imagine wanting your team to lose.

I fear too many people now are so far gone with Craig Levein, they would prefer a loss to see him gone

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

That's worse than wanting the Lochend Cockends to win the Scottish Cup.

Imagine wanting your team to lose.

Sometimes you've got to cut a bollock off to get rid of the cancer. 

13 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

What is clear, a lot of people on this thread don't want Hearts to win on Saturday

Unacceptable if true. You should name them though. Give them the opportunity to defend themselves.

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

We were at Murrayfield and shat ourselves in the LC. 

We got to the final with a piss easy draw in the SC. 

We never shat ourselves at Murrayfield, that’s nonsense, mate. We lost Naismith early doors and the lack of depth and subsequent loss of confidence was palpable. Then the ridiculous decision to send off Steven McLean just compounded things. We were never going to be allowed a fair crack at the whip that day, and it was right in amongst our period of injuries and refereeing decisions that cost us too many points in the league.

Whatever Craig commented, he simply has to deliver wins, especially at Tynecastle.  As stated by another contributor, a decent home record allows you to be close to a European place after Christmas, and de-stresses the players............

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It’s the only way but many people demand statements and updates but then get upset when they don’t contain exactly what they want to hear. 

But all we get is the regurgitated crap from a man who is deluded. Levein is harming the club and 90% plus of fans who want him sacked should not be ignored.

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Unacceptable if true. You should name them though. Give them the opportunity to defend themselves.

It’s clearly true, mate. Sad as that is to admit.

Naming them won’t get us anywhere. Three well-known posters openly declared that they wanted Hibs to beat us in a derby to get rid of Levein last season. One still posts and the other two are constantly boomeranging back under different guises with the same old tired patter.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

We never shat ourselves at Murrayfield, that’s nonsense, mate. We lost Naismith early doors and the lack of depth and subsequent loss of confidence was palpable. Then the ridiculous decision to send off Steven McLean just compounded things. We were never going to be allowed a fair crack at the whip that day, and it was right in amongst our period of injuries and refereeing decisions that cost us too many points in the league.

Maybe that's harsh then but once we went even one down it was game over. 

Things are getting looked at with a bit of anger and frustration right now because we are all pissed off with the ongoing situation which needs resolved now. 

16 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

What is clear, a lot of people on this thread don't want Hearts to win on Saturday

I want Hearts to win every match, no matter who's on the pitch or managing the team.

When we do lose this weekend and it results in Levein going (as if) , the sacking will soften the defeat - almost make it feel worthwile, as we'll undoubtedly win more upcoming matches without him.

5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I can't remember McLean being sent off, didn't he get booked?

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It’s clearly true, mate. Sad as that is to admit.

Naming them won’t get us anywhere. Three well-known posters openly declared that they wanted Hibs to beat us in a derby to get rid of Levein last season. One still posts and the other two are constantly boomeranging back under different guides with the same old tired patter.

It's sad that some folks dislike of the current manager/set up drives them to that. Frustration is one thing but wanting us to lose any game us bang out of order.

1 hour ago, Sagan said:

The international break came at a good time for him, he's had 2 weeks to concentrate on the issues we've been having. 

I would expect the players to know what they're doing come Saturday. 

Saying that, I'm fully prepared for us to lose due to a comedy of berras

Good one -  I'd patent it - it might catch on.

Edited by JohnB

7 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

MacLean didn't get sent off

1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Maybe that's harsh then but once we went even one down it was game over. 

Things are getting looked at with a bit of anger and frustration right now because we are all pissed off with the ongoing situation which needs resolved now. 

Cool, I know. :thumbsup:

One down against a team with ten times our resources and £12m strikers. A man down, and without our best attacking player.

Murrayfield was tortuous to take on the day, but we fought as hard as we could in the face of rotten luck and circumstances imo.

20 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I think you are probably only half serious, but people really should be alarmed.  Relegation is a possibility.  What are we at now, 7 league wins in the past 12 months (give or take) - that would send anyone down.

Slightly pessimistic i8 as a quick check and I reckon.  

image.png.73736efbaa475012c931058e3786a09d.png

That would be about 9th.

We may go into the 2020 season with FoH owning the club and still be in the Premiership. How lucky we are.

30 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You could look at it even further. 

This season, 4 leagues games two defeats at Aberdeen and Celtic. 

Lc progressed. 

Anyone can choose a particular time frame to suit their agenda. 

By discounting Cup games you can do that even further, but if we'd went out earlier you'd be banging on about that too. 

The overall record is balanced and true. 

Folk can then pick bits out to suit whatever argument they want. 

Why can't we look at it over a longer period ie. 2019 because it's the same manager and coaching staff. 

Is it because it's embarrassing to look further back than this seasons 4 league games? 

Something needs to be done ASAP in my opinion because it ain't going to fix itself. 😏

5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

But all we get is the regurgitated crap from a man who is deluded. Levein is harming the club and 90% plus of fans who want him sacked should not be ignored.

So, apart from resigning, what could he say that would please people? 😄

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Cool, I know. :thumbsup:

One down against a team with ten times our resources and £12m strikers. A man down, and without our best attacking player.

Murrayfield was tortuous to take on the day, but we fought as hard as we could in the face of rotten luck and circumstances imo.

We didn't go a man down

1 hour ago, Haken said:

The atmosphere towards the end of the Hamilton game was pretty bad.  A draw will only see that intensify.  Unlike some other posters - not yourself - I think Ann Budge will have made contingency arrangements. 

I think she has an idea of what she wants to do - move Levein back upstairs - but the appointment of the next Head Coach is one she knows has to be treated carefully.

1 minute ago, Flaps_98 said:

Shit, you’re right actually. He missed the derby because of a retrospective red. Apologies. I’ve clearly mashed the disappointment of that period together in to one big complaint.

@Robbo-Jambo and @GinRummy also. Sorry chaps. Please ignore my idiocy! 😄

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So, apart from resigning, what could he say that would please people? 😄

If people are being honest, resigning is the only thing they want to hear now. You're right.

Edited by GinRummy

4 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

At least he didn't say he is relaxed about the situation yet again.  Must now know that anything less than a performance and win on Sat will see him gone.

Hopefully !!!🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦👍

24 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

The atmosphere for a very long time has been very poor and mostly not so vocal because of a sense of loyalty to what the club has gone through, the way the fans rallied round the club, Ann Budge’s financial help and her fantastic leadership & vision of non football related management. 

The Hearts support now want a team to follow that they can be proud off with a management that know what they are doing unfortunately Levein, McPhee, Daly & Fox are just not good enough as the support have decided and they want them sacked. 

It doesn’t help when Levein basically comes out saying the fans don’t know what they are talking about.  There will be a demonstration after the game on Saturday if Hearts get beat and maybe even if they draw or win and i’d say to Ann Budge is this what the fans have to do to get through to her.

The only point I'd quibble with there is the 'now want a team' bit.  I can't personally remember a time when I didn't want a team to be proud of.

It feels to me that Levein is now on a one-game-at-a-time sort of arrangement.  This will undoubtedly be Ann Budge's most difficult period during her time at Hearts.  I think she is much more switched on than some give her credit for.  And the trumpeting of one woeful armchair 'fan' (not aimed at you, Mitch) to the contrary only reinforces that belief for me.  You know, the guy who thought the window cleaning bill would be 100k per anum.

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think she has an idea of what she wants to do - move Levein back upstairs - but the appointment of the next Head Coach is one she knows has to be treated carefully.

Precisely.  This isn't easy, despite what some fans might feel ie get rid of all of them and replace them with someone /anyone else.  I would hope she learned lessons from the last attempt at recruitment.

18 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

SM was retrospectively sent off for having a feel of someones lads not during the game. We finished the game with 11 "players"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45933999

That will be autocorrect for you NADS

IoS no need to apologise on this one as you have covered it already

Edited by 7628mm

5 minutes ago, Flaps_98 said:

We didn't go a man down

I know. :facepalm:

What a twat. Made an arse of that, think old age might be starting to catch up with me. :( 

8 minutes ago, Flaps_98 said:

There goes blaming the ref then.  I think he got cited for a  baw cusp after the game. 

Just now, Last Laff said:

Leveins not getting sacked or anywhere near sacked if we lose this week.  We need a win to take into the derby big time though. 

Some confidence building for the cup tie as well. 

4 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

Good interview.

If Mr Levein is seeing performances in training that show we'll be turning the corner sharply then that's good enough for me. 

In training I used to look like Ronaldo, unfortunately on Saturday I could still be pish. Absolute nonsense

Just now, Muppetboy said:

In training I used to look like Ronaldo, unfortunately on Saturday I could still be pish. Absolute nonsense

I agree, you were pish in training as well.

1 hour ago, Paul Shark said:

Way ahead of you on that one. I just go and watch training now, don't bother with going to game, it's been a revelation 👍

I'd keep that quiet if I were you otherwise Dr B might start charging for it. 

:munny:

46 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I really do believe that Budge is so oblivious to how football works, she really does think that having an innovation centre for kids , paying the living wage and having a 'charity' on your top means that we will be safe from relegation.

We don't even have a 12th man anymore, we lost that the day she took over, so we can't even rely on good home form.  Our home form is utterly abysmal.  Usually having half decent home form is what can keep teams from getting relegated.

You've come out with some belters but that first sentence is right up there with your best (worst) slavers, and there has been plenty to choose from