Gaffer on unrest etc...

Clerry Jambo

47 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Quite clear now, when folk said the wanted to hear from the club or get a statement, that isn't true. 

They wanted to be told what they wanted to hear, which obviously was never going to happen 2 days before the game. 

Result - folk go tonto. 

Thing is if we get properly decked at the weekend will it be acceptable for him to remain in post? Something has to give sooner or later. We cannot just ride on into the sunset saying next weekend it will be better. There has to come a point in time where he has to be asked to leave if he will not go of his own choice... when will that point in time be and does the CEO have the bottle to make the decision? I would say that at any other team on a run like we have had the CEO would have been making plans to relieve the manager of his duties and bring in another management team. I think that AB is out of her comfort zone and the next phase of her time in charge is going to be very difficult because CL has to be removed from the club completely in my view, not just moved about.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Robbo-Jambo

• Last Laff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I made my thoughts further up the thread, but in his defence he has been hindered big time with long term injuries to our top players.

Any club would suffer in same scenario.

Hopefully we can all agree that we really haven't had a decent period of time with most of our players all being available - when we do he certainly has no excuses, and maybe that's what he is hoping for.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, SuperstarSteve said:

We are one win away from being at hampden for a 3rd time in less than a year. Last manager to do that? 

If we keep pace with hibs and Aberdeen in the league, levein won’t be going anywhere and the fans will just need to accept that. 

- Nobody cares about someone who gets beat in big semis and finals 

- Keeping pace with Hibs means bottom 6 football. 

2 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

Good interview.

If Mr Levein is seeing performances in training that show we'll be turning the corner sharply then that's good enough for me. 

Cathro gave interviews like that also.

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

If we keep pace with hibs and Aberdeen in the league, levein won’t be going anywhere and the fans will just need to accept that. 

The fans don't need to accept anything, as witnessed by the ever increasing number of empty seats in the library.

The international break came at a good time for him, he's had 2 weeks to concentrate on the issues we've been having. 

I would expect the players to know what they're doing come Saturday. 

Saying that, I'm fully prepared for us to lose due to a comedy of berras. 

2 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

Good interview.

If Mr Levein is seeing performances in training that show we'll be turning the corner sharply then that's good enough for me. 

Way ahead of you on that one. I just go and watch training now, don't bother with going to game, it's been a revelation 👍

1 hour ago, Coco said:

People shouldn't criticise unless they've been managers.  And just remember that rosey glow of that glorious 10 games in season 2018-19.  So amazing.

It is always interesting how crowds swing in attitude.  To me Levein should never have been given the keys to the club 6 seasons ago.  Then there was a huge missed opportunity to remove him after Cathro and again after the Cup Final.  Yet it has taken until now for the crowd to swing against him.  And following a game against Hamilton where we didn't lose and where I think he was right in that there was some good attacking play.  Seems to have been the straw which broke the camel's back.

Wonder if he's been fixing it on the training pitch or reorganising the disorganised football department in the last couple of weeks?

That point about people shouldn't criticise managers because they haven't managed at that level, gets used quite a lot.  If that's the case, no manager should ever criticise a referee seeing as they haven't refereed at that level.  It works both ways.  They stop criticising refs for bad performances and we'll do the same.  Not having a dig at you, just that comment in general.

Levein is the Boris Johnson of Scottish football, utterly delusional on every level. If he had any intuitive understanding of how many fans feel he would shut up and get the team to do the talking. Judged on training reviews over the last couple of seasons we'd be in the Champions League group stages. 

Good of him to drop in on training though... 

17 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I made my thoughts further up the thread, but in his defence he has been hindered big time with long term injuries to our top players.

Any club would suffer in same scenario.

Hopefully we can all agree that we really haven't had a decent period of time with most of our players all being available - when we do he certainly has no excuses, and maybe that's what he is hoping for.

The thing is mate while that is true he doesn't help himself by bringing players back into the team after long term injuries when they are not ready and it backfires. 

On the other hand he says players will be out for 10 days or a week and it turns out to be much longer. 

He claims Souttar was touch and go for the Celtic  game then 3 days later said his injury is not progressing as well as it should and he gets sent down south for a scan.

Two statements that contradict each other in a matter of 72 hours. 

He doesn't seem to learn lessons as well by playing Michael Smith at Parkhead with a tight hamstring when the player himself, an experienced guy, did not even want to start the game. 

1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

What so asking what our style of play is equals a rant?

Asking what about our performances suggest we are about ot go on a run equals a rant?

He either knows levein personally or he is happy that we're pish.  Rarely makes a point without a dig.  It suppose it gets people responding to that rather than discussing how bad we are.  There is nothing in our league form that is positive, and apart from nine games, it's been like that for three years.  Only focusing on four games is deliberately selective.  

Lots of interesting new points from all sides.

Whatever you think or whatever you want, Levein is taking the Motherwell game.  

My own uninformed opinion is that anything other than a win against Motherwell will be the final straw.  In that event I can see a scenario whereby McPhee is put in temporary charge for the Hibs and Aberdeen games.

Also my own uniformed opinion, the players are getting an easy ride, here.  Irrespective of views on the coaches' ability, I can't believe for a moment that they're coaching the kind of mistakes we're seeing on a regular basis.

6 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

The thing is mate while that is true he doesn't help himself by bringing players back into the team after long term injuries when they are not ready and it backfires. 

On the other hand he says players will be out for 10 days or a week and it turns out to be much longer. 

He claims Souttar was touch and go for the Celtic  game then 3 days later said his injury is not progressing as well as it should and he gets sent down south for a scan.

Two statements that contradict each other in a matter of 72 hours. 

He doesn't seem to learn lessons as well by playing Michael Smith at Parkhead with a tight hamstring when the player himself, an experienced guy, did not even want to start the game. 

Aye, fair points Robbo, but as a fan wouldn't it be great to have our best 11 together for at least a few games.

56 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

If Hearts win 19 leagues you probably think it’s a decent return.  But if we lost 19 , 57 points doesn’t get you in the top 5 over the last two seasons.  Just a daft example. 

Its about the conditions of the season.  Hearts haven’t responded with quality or fight once we’ve been trailing in 5th or 6th. The percentage thing can give a false impression. 

Is the above correct though?  If that’s JJs second term stats in the league, he actually lost 19 times.  7 were lost in his opening period as he rebuilt. Then walked to 3rd spot the season after.  

These stats are for all "competitive" games played. So all league and all cup games combined. They came from the following article.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49477027

6 minutes ago, Haken said:

Lots of interesting new points from all sides.

Whatever you think or whatever you want, Levein is taking the Motherwell game.  

My own uninformed opinion is that anything other than a win against Motherwell will be the final straw.  In that event I can see a scenario whereby McPhee is put in temporary charge for the Hibs and Aberdeen games.

Also my own uniformed opinion, the players are getting an easy ride, here.  Irrespective of views on the coaches' ability, I can't believe for a moment that they're coaching the kind of mistakes we're seeing on a regular basis.

I am not convinced a draw would see change tbh

Even a defeat...not sure, unless it was a real shocker.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's in postion and qualified to speak on it's behalf, just like Budge is. 

The club cannot speak, a person must do it. 

In this case, CL talking about football matters is perfectly fine. 

The club is budge. It’s her opinion on all this which matters.

7 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Aye, fair points Robbo, but as a fan wouldn't it be great to have our best 11 together for at least a few games.

Yip, it would be ****** bliss tbh 👍

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The club is budge. It’s her opinion on all this which matters.

But my fear is that she is including Levein in discussions over his future. To me, that doesn;t sit right, and she needs to show the courage to make real change.

Quite clear now, when folk said the wanted to hear from the club or get a statement, that isn't true. 

They wanted to be told what they wanted to hear, which obviously was never going to happen 2 days before the game. 

Result - folk go tonto. 

I wanted to hear from the organ grinder not the monkey!!

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

I am not convinced a draw would see change tbh

Even a defeat...not sure, unless it was a real shocker.

The atmosphere towards the end of the Hamilton game was pretty bad.  A draw will only see that intensify.  Unlike some other posters - not yourself - I think Ann Budge will have made contingency arrangements. 

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

If Hearts win 19 leagues you probably think it’s a decent return.  But if we lost 19 , 57 points doesn’t get you in the top 5 over the last two seasons.  Just a daft example. 

Its about the conditions of the season.  Hearts haven’t responded with quality or fight once we’ve been trailing in 5th or 6th. The percentage thing can give a false impression. 

Is the above correct though?  If that’s JJs second term stats in the league, he actually lost 19 times.  7 were lost in his opening period as he rebuilt. Then walked to 3rd spot the season after.  

Spot for on - Levein couldn't lick Jeffries boots!!!

5 minutes ago, Haken said:

The atmosphere towards the end of the Hamilton game was pretty bad.  A draw will only see that intensify.  Unlike some other posters - not yourself - I think Ann Budge will have made contingency arrangements. 

None of the contingency plans will involve Levein actually leaving the club though. As a director, not just of football but non-football events, he is intertwined too much!

Her only plan will be Levein back as DoF and a new person to come in and 'manage' the team but not getting the freedom to choose a style of play etc.

He's in postion and qualified to speak on it's behalf, just like Budge is. 

The club cannot speak, a person must do it. 

In this case, CL talking about football matters is perfectly fine. 

CL making excuses for CL......perfectly fine for Levein and his fanboys.

He won't be going anywhere after Saturday no matter what. 

Excuse will be it is the wrong time because we have a Derby coming up and then it will be we have a quarter final cup tie coming up. 

Talk about head stuck in the sand 😏

59 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

We were at Murrayfield and shat ourselves in the LC. 

We got to the final with a piss easy draw in the SC. 

Why do people feel the need to exaggerate?

"Shat ourselves" - We gave as good as we got in the LC for the first half despite losing SN. Second half and two crazy moments cost us -the unnecessary penalty  and Bobby's fumble.

Livingston were no pushovers in the SC either so the description "piss easy" hardly applies. When you consider how difficult the draws have been in the last decade we were due a break anyway.

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Yup, just as I thought. He thinks the fans anger is purely based on the first 4 games of this season

:wtfvlad:

He is deluded if he thinks it’s all about the first 4 league games. He and his Bootroom are out of their depth. 

Hearts are one of Scotland’s top 4 clubs and should be managed by a management team that are up to the 

job because this lot are no where good enough.

Pasquale for King

“What I see in training is great”, on a Thursday and Friday? “We’re only 4 games in but in a Quarter Final” it’s 9 games if you want to count the QF then the 5 games to get there must be added. We’ve been good for small parts of the games against Aberdeen&Celtic not good performances. We were good against Motherwell, 1 game out of 9. “Hysterical after 4 games” no just despondent after two years of absolute rubbish with some small pockets of decent results. Just a little more time, I can fix it, the words of a gambler if there ever was some.

SuperstarSteve
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

Who cares when we get to Hampden if we lose in the end.  That’s hibs mentality under wee Pat. 

It’s no hibs mentality. Challenging for cups is the target, Possibly a 3rd hampden trip in less than a year is challenging for cups. 

League side of things needs sorted.

1 minute ago, SuperstarSteve said:

It’s no hibs mentality. Challenging for cups is the target, Possibly a 3rd hampden trip in less than a year is challenging for cups. 

Yes it is.  We make a couple of semis and a final and lose is failure, especially when the losses come against the only decent side we come across until the semi or final.  

Hibs made a couple of cup finals back to back and got pumped.  You measure that as challenging for cups and being successful? 

Edited by Last Laff

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

He won't be going anywhere after Saturday no matter what. 

Excuse will be it is the wrong time because we have a Derby coming up and then it will be we have a quarter final cup tie coming up. 

Talk about head stuck in the sand 😏

We rightly sacked Mcglynn when we were in a final, it can be done but it won’t. 

When AB took over in 2014 we were in the Championship, how ironic and sad will it be if in 2020 when the club is handed back to the fans (FOH) we find ourselves back in the Championship.

Anyone who does not believe at this point that this is a possibility is a fool

SuperstarSteve
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Pathetic attitude. Hope you don’t count 2006 win as it was just Gretna we beat. 

our fans whinge every single year about OF getting the easy draws then bash our club when we get them? Hypocrisy at its finest.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Could be Murrayfield if it’s Hibs? Two easy runs last season wasn’t much of an achievement really. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Jambo647 said:

When AB took over in 2014 we were in the Championship, how ironic and sad will it be if in 2020 when the club is handed back to the fans (FOH) we find ourselves back in the Championship.

Anyone who does not believe at this point that this is a possibility is a fool

If we are then it’s all change, including her.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

our fans whinge every single year about OF getting the easy draws then bash our club when we get them? Hypocrisy at its finest.

Whinging about easy draws for the OF or ourselves isn’t hypocrisy, it’s consistency. Saying it’s ok for us to get them, whilst moaning about the OF getting them is hypocrisy. 

SuperstarSteve
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Yes it is.  We make a couple of semis and a final and lose is failure, especially when the losses come against the only decent side we come across until the semi or final.  

Hibs made a couple of cup finals back to back and got pumped.  You measure that as challenging for cups and being successful? 

Our target is challenge for cups. Getting to semi and finals is doing exactly that. Whatever way you try and spin it. 

Hampden every year with the odd cup win as well as qualifying for Europe is the end goal. 

If we get the league side of things sorted then we have reached our targets. 

Winning is the only thing I consider as success but when your meeting targets set by club (he hasn’t in the league am well aware) I don’t think it’s the disaster everyone is making it out to be. 

Hampden and anywhere between 3rd-5th after 10/15 games and levein will see the season out. 

4 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

OF getting to a final by beating wee teams is hardly an achievement though

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

I was just posting his overall record. 

Folk can take what they want from it. 

👍

13 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

The attitude is due to be dragged further and further down over a long period of time with pathetic displays. 

Have you actually looked at our league record in the year 2019. 

No I don't look at 2006 like that because we had a bloody good team and deserved to win the cup that year. 

We weren't great in the final but we blew Hibs away in the semi and it was a brilliant day/weekend

Compare that to now. Its a shambles at the moment as most folk have said. 

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

7 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Our target is challenge for cups. Getting to semi and finals is doing exactly that. Whatever way you try and spin it. 

Hampden every year with the odd cup win as well as qualifying for Europe is the end goal. 

If we get the league side of things sorted then we have reached our targets. 

Winning is the only thing I consider as success but when your meeting targets set by club (he hasn’t in the league am well aware) I don’t think it’s the disaster everyone is making it out to be. 

Hampden and anywhere between 3rd-5th after 10/15 games and levein will see the season out. 

If we can do that, then fine.

I never want to see another LC Group Stage. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Still got to a sf and final tho. 

👍

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Getting to the Scottish Cup Final last year was some achievement. Full credit to Levein for masterminding a victory at home to Livingston. On par with the 2012 semi final.

SuperstarSteve
8 minutes ago, kila said:

OF getting to a final by beating wee teams is hardly an achievement though

Our game is full of wee teams. We have about 5 decent sized clubs. Might as well pack it in if reaching finals or winning cups is no longer an achievement because of the teams you played. 

Reaching the final cant  be considered a success obviously but it’s reaching the target we set out... challenge for cups. The league is my worry at the moment which we have plenty time to sort out as we are only 4 games in. 

For the record  my patience is wearing thin as well but panic stations isn’t where I’m at. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

The attitude is due to be dragged further and further over a long period of time with pathetic displays. 

Have you actually looked at our league record in the year 2019 season. 

No I don't look at 2006 like that because we had a bloody good team and deserved to win the cup that year. 

We weren't great in the final but we blew Hibs away in the semi and it was a brilliant day/weekend

Compare that to now. Its a shambles at the moment as most folk have said. 

You could look at it even further. 

This season, 4 leagues games two defeats at Aberdeen and Celtic. 

Lc progressed. 

Anyone can choose a particular time frame to suit their agenda. 

By discounting Cup games you can do that even further, but if we'd went out earlier you'd be banging on about that too. 

The overall record is balanced and true. 

Folk can then pick bits out to suit whatever argument they want. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

SuperstarSteve
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

If we can do that, then fine.

I never want to see another LC Group Stage. 

Neither do I, we are better than that. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Our game is full of wee teams. We have about 5 decent sized clubs. Might as well pack it in if reaching finals or winning cups is no longer an achievement because of the teams you played. 

Reaching the final cant  be considered a success obviously but it’s reaching the target we set out... challenge for cups. The league is my worry at the moment which we have plenty time to sort out as we are only 4 games in. 

For the record  my patience is wearing thin as well but panic stations isn’t where I’m at. 

Sensible.