Gaffer on unrest etc...

Clerry Jambo

Central Belt 1874
6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I agree with you for what it’s worth. Winning games, that’s what I want to see first and foremost. Was t just the idiots with the plane though, there were plenty on here wanting him gone despite his wins, because they found the football boring.

I felt he had achieved so much in his first two seasons that it would have been very difficult for him to better that. I felt he stayed a few months too long. Although him leaving when he did caused us problems. I think Budge and Levein were taken by surprise.

At the end of his second season I argued that we should be looking to kick on, bring in the experience in regards to the management and attempt to drive forward. 

Neilson lost the important games that could have seen him get us (and him) to that next level. He lost much support because of this.

Instead of building upon his success, we have suffered a couple of years of total dross and are currently joint bottom of the league. 

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Robbo-Jambo

• Last Laff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do I think it's possible CL can turn us around. Yes I do.

Do I think CL will turn us around. Absolutely not. 

Win, lose, or draw today I can't see him going in the week before a derby. And then it's only a few days until the cup game. I think he's here until at least after that. So we just have to get behind him and hope we can fluke some results. 

1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

I don’t want Hearts to play like Brazil. They never have. They have always been been about substance over skill. The teams worked hard and played to their strengths. What they have always had but currently lack is tempo, someone who can quickly turn defence into attack and an outlet ball in the shape of players like Colquhoun and McCann. 

We are too slow in build up play, the opposition have 10 men behind the ball before we get anywhere near their box, we lack the creativity to break them down once they’re behind the ball, if we are going to utilise the long ball we lack a midfielder who can run into the box for a knock down and we lack a striker who can pick up the scraps in the box to score from broken play.

Tommy Wright has never and would never be my choice for manager, he is as bad as CL, the only difference being he won the Scottish Cup in a poor final. Clarke while he plays a certain brand of football, uses the strengths of pace on the wide and up front to go on the quick counter attack making his teams much more effective.

What we are is easy to play against because we have no real Plan B. We are far too slow and ponderous in build up making it easy for the opposition to defend against us.

Good post.  I feel like this is a different way of wording my earlier post.😁

I think it’s been done to death over the last few months about everything that is wrong with us but your particular point about playing to strengths catches the eye.

You can stick Uche upfront and play directly but we’ve never acquired that instinctive, clever midfielder who plays off him. We’ve toiled to install that crucial wide player who also gives us that outlet when we break or play it differently throughout 90 mins.  If you get key attacking positions right you can get away with workmanlike players scattered around the team.

Like I felt in my earlier post, we lack players with a knack. Basically intelligent players with decent ability in their strongest attribute to make a wee difference.  

3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Like I felt in my earlier post, we lack players with a knack. Basically intelligent players with decent ability in their strongest attribute to make a wee difference.  

I think we do have these players. I think the problem is that some arrived late in the window, and some are injured. 

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Good post.  I feel like this is a different way of wording my earlier post.😁

I think it’s been done to death over the last few months about everything that is wrong with us but your particular point about playing to strengths catches the eye.

You can stick Uche upfront and play directly but we’ve never acquired that instinctive, clever midfielder who plays off him. We’ve toiled to install that crucial wide player who also gives us that outlet when we break or play it differently throughout 90 mins.  If you get key attacking positions right you can get away with workmanlike players scattered around the team.

If you look go back to the early 80s and played with Jimmy Bone and Sandy Clark, we had a midfielder like Gary Mackay who would do the box to box running, a winger like JC who offered the outlet ball and we were able to break quickly bringing into play guys like Ian Jardine from the middle who had space because the opposition had been stretched. We had a similar set up under JJ with Hamilton, McCann, Cameron and Fulton. Breaking at pace stretches the opposition. You could even use Baird and John Millar as an example. Simples. Killie did it very well under Clarke using Brophy and to a lesser extent Burke. It created space for the likes of Mulumbu.

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I think we do have these players. I think the problem is that some arrived late in the window, and some are injured. 

I’m not sure where you think we have these players but even if we did, we don’t play a tempo of football which would suit them. That is down to managerial tactics. Which under CL do not appear to be changing and only a stubborn man will not try something different to fix a problem

Personally think one of our best attacking threats has been sent out on loan in McDonald. Clare could quite conceivably play the Colin Cameron/Mackay role. 

We do however lack one thing in the fact that we still need a penalty box striker, a clone of Robbo or Scott Crabbe. Someone who can feed off the scraps and cause chaos in the box. 

Edited by merseyjambo

3 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I agree with you for what it’s worth. Winning games, that’s what I want to see first and foremost. Was t just the idiots with the plane though, there were plenty on here wanting him gone despite his wins, because they found the football boring.

It's what happens though.

All football fans want to win games when they're getting beaten/draws every week. When they're winning every week the fans want more style, more goals, etc.

Robbie was more or less a victim of his own success, especially from the championship, where we went from winning most weeks 4-0 or so, to being promoted and only have a 'marquee' scoreline occasionally. 

Just now, Bunny Munro said:

It's what happens though.

All football fans want to win games when they're getting beaten/draws every week. When they're winning every week the fans want more style, more goals, etc.

Robbie was more or less a victim of his own success, especially from the championship, where we went from winning most weeks 4-0 or so, to being promoted and only have a 'marquee' scoreline occasionally. 

I agree. It’s annoying though. Even if we did move Levein on, and the new guy comes in and nabs a top three finish. He’d be immediately hounded for something else as soon things got a little bit sticky.

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I agree. It’s annoying though. Even if we did move Levein on, and the new guy comes in and nabs a top three finish. He’d be immediately hounded for something else as soon things got a little bit sticky.

Totally agree. A third place finish can be a curse if you can't at least match it the following season. 

Look at how the a section of the Aberdeen fans view McInnes.

1 minute ago, Bunny Munro said:

Totally agree. A third place finish can be a curse if you can't at least match it the following season. 

Look at how the a section of the Aberdeen fans view McInnes.

Indeed. Supporters have become addicted to the disposable manager culture that gets a team like Hearts a trophy every decade if we are lucky. Brutal.

45 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

If you look go back to the early 80s and played with Jimmy Bone and Sandy Clark, we had a midfielder like Gary Mackay who would do the box to box running, a winger like JC who offered the outlet ball and we were able to break quickly bringing into play guys like Ian Jardine from the middle who had space because the opposition had been stretched. We had a similar set up under JJ with Hamilton, McCann, Cameron and Fulton. Breaking at pace stretches the opposition. You could even use Baird and John Millar as an example. Simples. Killie did it very well under Clarke using Brophy and to a lesser extent Burke. It created space for the likes of Mulumbu.

I’m not sure where you think we have these players but even if we did, we don’t play a tempo of football which would suit them. That is down to managerial tactics. Which under CL do not appear to be changing and only a stubborn man will not try something different to fix a problem

Personally think one of our best attacking threats has been sent out on loan in McDonald. Clare could quite conceivably play the Colin Cameron/Mackay role. 

We do however lack one thing in the fact that we still need a penalty box striker, a clone of Robbo or Scott Crabbe. Someone who can feed off the scraps and cause chaos in the box. 

Also a Walter Kidd "Zico" run is whats missing, straight from the keeper, to get us right up the park, quickly, those were the days. 

HHGH 

Adam_the_legend
32 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Indeed. Supporters have become addicted to the disposable manager culture that gets a team like Hearts a trophy every decade if we are lucky. Brutal.

But that’s not what this is. What happened with neilson was, people saying he’d taken us as far as he could after smooshing the championship and a 3rd place finish was crazy. The CL situation is very different though. There has been no forward progress in his time as Manager. In fact, we have a very worrying decline for a long time and there’s comes a point where a change is needed. 

Bazzas right boot
16 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm watching Derby vs Cardiff, two comparitively rich clubs and probably two of the main contenders for promotion to the EPL and it's absolutely dire. It's easily as bad as what we've seen at Tynecastle this season - misplaced passes, aimless hoofs up the park, disjointed passages of play, few real chances, lots of fouls, even a big punt up the park to the touchline from Cardiff at kick-off...

I have no idea what Hearts fans mean when they talk about style of play. A swashbuckling attacking performance is obviously great but a 1-0 win from a scuffed penalty feels just as good because, you know, it's Hearts and it's a win. When I watch other games below the elite level, the football is no different to what we watch every week. 

I caught the second half as ended up In the  pub, I thought the same. 

Cardiff where particularly poor. 

When thier winger  ran with ball and the defender toed it away, "swing n a miss", think went of injured as well. 😂😂

Derby spent £8m on a defender. 

The thing is, you're pissing against the wind, there was a thread on here recently about why we can't play like Liverpool. 

All sense of reality has gone with some. 

As we speak, Hamilton are giving a Celtic game. 

It's Almost like the other teams we play want to win as well and don't roll over. 

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

When thier winger  ran with ball and the defender toed it away, "swing n a miss", think went of injured as well. 😂😂

The thing is, you're pissing against the wind, there was a thread on here recently about why we can't play like Liverpool. 

It's Almost like the other teams we play want to win as well and don't roll over. 

Maybe it’s your sense of reality that is clouded.

The issue is the slowness of play and tactics used . We are far too slow in possession and easy to play against. We can’t expect to play 25 passes across the back line then we expect to create something when our midfield and strikers are static and we have no one who drives play on.

If you’re at work and keep trying the same thing for 2 years and it doesn’t work, should you maybe consider changing your approach to the task or realise that your methods don’t work and give the job to someone who’s methods do work. This is where Hearts are at. We’ve had 2 seasons of play it round at the back that has for the most part failed. When he has changed it up, we look like a different team but instead of sticking with something that works, he goes back to the original plan. 

It it is the current reality of the situation and no amount of happy clapping or wishing for unicorns is going to change how we play. CL is far too stubborn. This is a massive month for him. The natives are becoming even more restless. 

Where do the happy clappers like yourself draw the line. Losing today, losing today and next week. Getting zero points and out the LC this month. For most he’s gone beyond the line in the sand and if he cared for the club the way he says he does, he’d have walked after the last home game. Instead we have another week of baffling team selection. 

I’ll always support my team but it doesn’t mean that I can’t question why the manager is still there or decisions made by the club. 

58 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

problem is we roll over. 4 points from 36 is almost unprecedented 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Adam_the_legend said:

But that’s not what this is. What happened with neilson was, people saying he’d taken us as far as he could after smooshing the championship and a 3rd place finish was crazy. The CL situation is very different though. There has been no forward progress in his time as Manager. In fact, we have a very worrying decline for a long time and there’s comes a point where a change is needed. 

Last season was progress on the season before. 

That's a fact. 

Your post is then just completely wrong. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Agree. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Last season was progress on the season before. 

That's a fact. 

Your post is then just completely wrong. 

the first 8 games? 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

the first 8 games? 

Last season on the season before. 

Not that it matters tbh. 

We_are_the_Hearts
On 13/09/2019 at 09:40, Robbo-Jambo said:

A Hearts manager who seems to think if we defend better we will see out a 2-1 lead against Hamilton at Tynecastle with 30 mins to go. 

Actually embarrassing himself now big time. 

Any other manager would expect us to go on and win with goals to spare in the above scenario. 

How ****** negative can anyone actually be??. 

He can't help himself, the shite bag, cautious, negative football is part of him. Ex players from both his stints have said it. No medals will never change and we just need to grin and bare it until he is gone. 

The Real Maroonblood
On 12/09/2019 at 08:38, Noah Claypole said:

Good interview.

If Mr Levein is seeing performances in training that show we'll be turning the corner sharply then that's good enough for me. 

Still slavering as usual.

7 minutes ago, farin said:

Utterly clueless in how to fix this, his body language said it all. 

F3109B58-17FE-41B5-AB6D-1510A9203A5D.jpeg.d41cbbe8de465d36fd54f74fe3feeab9.jpeg

He has to go for the good of his health and for the good of Hearts.