Gaffer on unrest etc...

Clerry Jambo

8 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Headlines like "KEEP BOOING TILL WE GET BETTER" from Levein to our support brings our club into disrepute. What a message to make in the media for our fans to read. Has Levein not only lost his ability to manage our team but lost the plot with his statements to the media.

It’s a headline, not a quote. Unfortunately we are a society that only bothers reading as far as the headline these days.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Robbo-Jambo

• Last Laff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Never said that either. 

You said bottom after 4 games this season but what MATTERS is we finished 6th last season. 

Kind of suggest you think 6th is okay to me 😏

22 hours ago, Haken said:

Lots of interesting new points from all sides.

Whatever you think or whatever you want, Levein is taking the Motherwell game.  

My own uninformed opinion is that anything other than a win against Motherwell will be the final straw.  In that event I can see a scenario whereby McPhee is put in temporary charge for the Hibs and Aberdeen games.

Also my own uniformed opinion, the players are getting an easy ride, here.  Irrespective of views on the coaches' ability, I can't believe for a moment that they're coaching the kind of mistakes we're seeing on a regular basis.

I think I like Austin, seems switched on, well connected and a man on the make.

However, i dont work with him. Hard to know if he is good at what he does... or just talks a good game.

Certainly since Dec 2016 and the start of Cathro' reign we have witnessed one of the most dull and underperforming 3 years of our history... there has been a common denominator in the changing room.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, Haken said:

I do wish he'd come out and said something like, 'I've said enough about the fans' reaction; it's now up to us to deliver results.  If we deliver results and perform like we should, the atmosphere changes.  Simple."

On the other hand, whatever he says, some on here ain't going to like it.

Yip, anything said is twisted, which makes debate a waste of time.

Doesn't matter what he says, doesn't matter what his detractors say, its all what happens on the pitch. Only thing that matters, not hot air

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Yip, anything said is twisted, which makes debate a waste of time.

Doesn't matter what he says, doesn't matter what his detractors say, its all what happens on the pitch. Only thing that matters, not hot air

Of course it is.

He can say what he likes to the media, he will be judged by what happens during games.

He is being judged by most by what’s happening on the park and the verdict is getting worse.

The ship has sailed for me, Hamilton done it but will be there supporting the team. 

He can go, and take his coaches with him.

NO HALF DECENT PERFOMANCE against 'well on Saturday, and CL, can do one, whether we win or not.

A scrappy, eye bleeding 1-0 Hearts win, doesn't do it for me, he should still walk, imo!!!

HHGH 

31 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

No, but you did say you were “out”  so bye then 👋 

Fingers crossed mate. We wont have to read anymore of their deluded slaverings anymore.

41 minutes ago, rmreido said:

NO HALF DECENT PERFOMANCE against 'well on Saturday, and CL, can do one, whether we win or not.

A scrappy, eye bleeding 1-0 Hearts win, doesn't do it for me, he should still walk, imo!!!

HHGH 

Sometimes when you are on a run like we are it takes a scrappy 1-0 win to spark a change in fortune.

I'm not saying that's what we want, but for me, any win tomorrow would be welcome.

50 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

No, but you did say you were “out”  so bye then 👋 

For good ??? Please God. Please be so. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

48 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Fingers crossed mate. We wont have to read anymore of their deluded slaverings anymore.

We can live in hope but knowing that one he’ll make a reappearance at some point.

32 minutes ago, Hercules said:

For good ??? Please God. Please be so. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Got everything crossed here!!!!🤞🏻🤞🏻

Even my eyes!!!

F2BD1782-634C-4057-84A0-19B3704D13A0.jpeg

Edited by 1874robbo

42 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Sometimes when you are on a run like we are it takes a scrappy 1-0 win to spark a change in fortune.

I'm not saying that's what we want, but for me, any win tomorrow would be welcome.

The voice of reason. 

Mulraney has said in an interview that players need that fans backing from the off.

“We need to get the fans behind us early doors. That helps a lot,”

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/jake-mulraney-hearts-players-need-fans-support-against-motherwell-1-5003096

Good one Craig 😂

17 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

Mulraney has said in an interview that players need that fans backing from the off.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/jake-mulraney-hearts-players-need-fans-support-against-motherwell-1-5003096

Good one Craig 😂

Don’t be shite then. 

11 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Will happily lose Saturday if we get rid of that clown in charge. 

And against Aberdeen and Hibs if that doesn’t work?

45 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

We can live in hope but knowing that one he’ll make a reappearance at some point.

Give it half an hour 😏

30 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

Good one Craig 😂

Good for him. He, and his teammates will get that support.

I hope that’s dig at his manager. He deserves it.

annushorribilis III
2 hours ago, Haken said:

I do wish he'd come out and said something like, 'I've said enough about the fans' reaction; it's now up to us to deliver results.  If we deliver results and perform like we should, the atmosphere changes.  Simple."

On the other hand, whatever he says, some on here ain't going to like it.

Pretty much what I thought on reading it.

Not very inspiring and hardly a rallying call for the fans to get behind the team. Basically, not much positivity at all.

It constantly seems to be belligerence & hostility in the face of criticism. 

Not sure if he is trying to paint a picture  of a new season , barely underway to convince AB there's no need for panic but he must know, deep down, he wouldn't tolerate a coach delivering such a poor run of results as he has in 2019. Fingers crossed for  tomorrow - and the rest of the season.

48 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

Good one Craig 😂

I think he's backing up what Levein said about the only way to stop the booing is to play better and win.  Mulraney is saying that they need to get the fans behind them.  He didn't say we need to have the fans behind us from the off.  I see it as saying it's up to them to get the fans inside early doors.  

I think Levein has contradicted himself with what he said about the fans being negative on social media, I dont think he is saying anything different to this morning's comment.  

I just want Hearts to start regularly winning football matches.

Not an unreasonable thing to want or expect.

If Craig can’t deliver this, and for the whole of 2019 he hasn’t, then he needs to go. 

Fans were incredibly patient with the team v Hamilton. I suspect it could be much different tomorrow if we don’t translate our fantastic training performances to the actual competitive match.

3 hours ago, Phage said:

I think I like Austin, seems switched on, well connected and a man on the make.

However, i dont work with him. Hard to know if he is good at what he does... or just talks a good game.

Certainly since Dec 2016 and the start of Cathro' reign we have witnessed one of the most dull and underperforming 3 years of our history... there has been a common denominator in the changing room.

For me he starts at a disadvantage if he takes over and he seems switched on enough to know that.

He wouldn’t get long, particularly if Craig went back to DOF. He’ll know that too

The players and the fans need a fix. And the fix is new management and the old one sacked. Nothing is going to get better this season unless we get a fresh management in to turn the whole thing around.

19 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

The players and the fans need a fix. And the fix is new management and the old one sacked. Nothing is going to get better this season unless we get a fresh management in to turn the whole thing around.

Its increasingly looking that way.

Leveins dundee utd team were a right good side, and that interview at ibrox was a classic.

He just doesn't seem to have that fire in him anymore, maybe understandably, but his coaches don't seem to offer much, apart from varied free kick routines..

If he stays, you've gotta hope that Naismith & Whelan in particular manage the team on the park, without them it's a quiet, tepid team

Edited by Tennant's 6's

7 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

It would be welcome but,  the way we play is more important, moving forward to the derby.imo

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 hours ago, JamboSpur said:

Good one Craig 😂

It’s nowt to do with us pal.

Although I like Muraney

9 minutes ago, rmreido said:

It would be welcome but,  the way we play is more important, moving forward to the derby.imo

The way we play in the derby means absolutely nothing to me as long as we get a result. 

1 minute ago, leginten said:

The way we play in the derby means absolutely nothing to me as long as we get a result. 

Agree 100%, but play poorly against 'well 2mo,  no confidence going into the next game, whether it's a derby or not, thats all I'm saying.

So, I'm all for change in the management set up, as much as it pains me to do so. I've grown up with Levein being associated with Hearts, as I've stated a million times before. 

But with the squad of players we have we should be doing better. 

My point is;

When do we start hounding the players for their dross on the park too. 

I get managers have a part to play, but they have to go implement it, or turn it up. 

We have a very under performing squad. Whether that be Levein failing to rile them up enough or what not. The football we're playing isn't difficult. It's back to basics and yet they can't do it. 

Individual errors are costing us points and I would say alot of it is pure bad luck. But we're all giving Levein pelters and I think the players should stand up and be counted. They've just not been good enough. 

I do believe a freshing up of the management situation is needed before I get the happy clapper chat. 

Also, I'd like to clarify I'm not asking for us to turn on the team, my wording isn't the best, admittedly. 

Edited by Blacky87

A draw or a defeat against Motherwell will be bad for Levein... a defeat against h1b5 will make the support hate him... 

He should have moved up stairs before the season started

7 hours ago, amadjambo said:

I just want Hearts to start regularly winning football matches.

Not an unreasonable thing to want or expect.

If Craig can’t deliver this, and for the whole of 2019 he hasn’t, then he needs to go. 

Fans were incredibly patient with the team v Hamilton. I suspect it could be much different tomorrow if we don’t translate our fantastic training performances to the actual competitive match.

When Neilson was doing that, folk moaned about “the style and bottle” of the wins. 🙄

Guest ToqueJambo
47 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

When Neilson was doing that, folk moaned about “the style and bottle” of the wins. 🙄

I'm watching Derby vs Cardiff, two comparitively rich clubs and probably two of the main contenders for promotion to the EPL and it's absolutely dire. It's easily as bad as what we've seen at Tynecastle this season - misplaced passes, aimless hoofs up the park, disjointed passages of play, few real chances, lots of fouls, even a big punt up the park to the touchline from Cardiff at kick-off...

I have no idea what Hearts fans mean when they talk about style of play. A swashbuckling attacking performance is obviously great but a 1-0 win from a scuffed penalty feels just as good because, you know, it's Hearts and it's a win. When I watch other games below the elite level, the football is no different to what we watch every week. 

9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm watching Derby vs Cardiff, two comparitively rich clubs and probably two of the main contenders for promotion to the EPL and it's absolutely dire. It's easily as bad as what we've seen at Tynecastle this season - misplaced passes, aimless hoofs up the park, disjointed passages of play, few real chances, lots of fouls, even a big punt up the park to the touchline from Cardiff at kick-off...

I have no idea what Hearts fans mean when they talk about style of play. A swashbuckling attacking performance is obviously great but a 1-0 win from a scuffed penalty feels just as good because, you know, it's Hearts and it's a win. When I watch other games below the elite level, the football is no different to what we watch every week. 

I agree with you. Also worth noting that the two names who folk kept whining on about getting the gig, play effective but dire industrial football; Wright and Clarke.

Really stopped listening or reading Leveins tripe now. He’s as boring and predictable as his football is.

really starting to forget what a legend he was in his playing days now because of the damage he is doing now.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I agree with you. Also worth noting that the two names who folk kept whining on about getting the gig, play effective but dire industrial football; Wright and Clarke.

Neither of them even play effective football anymore, sadly in Clarke's case. There is literally no team in Scotland that plays exciting free-flowing football, not even Celtic. What is exciting and what gets people going is winning football. Wish we'd leave the flair and style nonsense to our neighbours.

Ernie Eskilsson
On 12/09/2019 at 09:07, GinRummy said:

The inclusion of friendlies detracts from your point. 

Thought about that but decided that defending well, creating chances, scoring and winning are all good habits and in each of the friendlies the team should have been good enough to beat the level of opposition. It’s about finding an effective way of playing against a particular team and our coaching staff are just not capable of doing it.

Where did it all  go wrong for the guy that brought us Ricardo Fuller and Mark De Fries ? Sorry to say, but he is beyond redemption now, second half performance against Hamilton, never seen a team so de-motivated. You are not managing a potentially good bunch, of players.

34 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

Where did it all  go wrong for the guy that brought us Ricardo Fuller and Mark De Fries ? Sorry to say, but he is beyond redemption now, second half performance against Hamilton, never seen a team so de-motivated. You are not managing a potentially good bunch, of players.

Even players like Valois, Stamp, McKenna and Maybury.  I am struggling to think of any poor signings Levein made during his first spell.

9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

You may have a point but Hearts have lost a lot of the traits you’d normally associate them with. We also lack players with a knack of doing the key things more competently. 

Of course not every Hearts performance or match we watch them play in will be free flowing football but when you lack the basics it’s never going to look remotely pretty or see you win enough games.

Hard work, more will to win than the opponent, guile in the last third, tenacity....it all seems a while since I was proud of a Hearts team that had those things. We had guys getting that big toe in first to nick the winner or win the key tackle.

We used to be the team people hated playing against because our players wanted it more but we could take our chances and make it count.  Nothing makes people think Hearts have something that separates them from the other teams we are aligned with.  

Edited by Debut 4

See what’s flairy and exciting? Winning games. End of. 

I suspect what people really mean when they say they want flair football, is that they want to see the ball moving quicker, and the team creating clear chances. Not aimless passes across the back and long punts that makes defenders plucked from the Vauxhall Conference look like Vincent Kompany. 

Be bold and be creative. And when you lose the ball, win the ******* thing back. 

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Reckon? That wasn’t enough under Robbie.

11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I suspect what people really mean when they say they want flair football, is that they want to see the ball moving quicker, and the team creating clear chances. Not aimless passes across the back and long punts that makes defenders plucked from the Vauxhall Conference look like Vincent Kompany. 

Be bold and be creative. And when you lose the ball, win the ******* thing back. 

Moving forward it’s what we want to see. Under CL and he current set up we have too much being dredged up thats linked to him regards style, results etc...

Fresh start with a new management team and we might see referencing the past stop and realise there’s other people in the game that can attempt to make Hearts successful. Changes made in the past at Hearts has mostly seen an upward curve and progress.  Just like the current team when they initially came in. 

29 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Reckon? That wasn’t enough under Robbie.

Maybe for some, but a bunch on idiots hiring a plane were representing the minority at that time as I am sure any look at polls on here would prove. 

Robbie did not need to go. He had the support of the club and the majority of fans. But he walked beside he thought MK represented a route to a bigger English club. 

12 hours ago, Blacky87 said:

So, I'm all for change in the management set up, as much as it pains me to do so. I've grown up with Levein being associated with Hearts, as I've stated a million times before. 

But with the squad of players we have we should be doing better. 

My point is;

When do we start hounding the players for their dross on the park too. 

I get managers have a part to play, but they have to go implement it, or turn it up. 

We have a very under performing squad. Whether that be Levein failing to rile them up enough or what not. The football we're playing isn't difficult. It's back to basics and yet they can't do it. 

Individual errors are costing us points and I would say alot of it is pure bad luck. But we're all giving Levein pelters and I think the players should stand up and be counted. They've just not been good enough. 

I do believe a freshing up of the management situation is needed before I get the happy clapper chat. 

Also, I'd like to clarify I'm not asking for us to turn on the team, my wording isn't the best, admittedly. 

Yep.  A point I’ve also made.  The players aren’t blameless, here, but after all is said and done, the buck stops with Levein and staff.  If the players aren’t doing it, or not doing what they’ve been asked, then it’s up to the coaches to let them know that and sort it.

35 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

In a nutshell.  

39 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yeh, I don't think we expect too much tbh, Levein won't change though, managers especially ones that have been around as long as Levein can only stick to what they know. Whatever worked reasonably well for him in the past isn't cutting it anymore.

16 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Maybe for some, but a bunch on idiots hiring a plane were representing the minority at that time as I am sure any look at polls on here would prove. 

Robbie did not need to go. He had the support of the club and the majority of fans. But he walked beside he thought MK represented a route to a bigger English club. 

I agree with you for what it’s worth. Winning games, that’s what I want to see first and foremost. Was t just the idiots with the plane though, there were plenty on here wanting him gone despite his wins, because they found the football boring.

11 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I don’t want Hearts to play like Brazil. They never have. They have always been been about substance over skill. The teams worked hard and played to their strengths. What they have always had but currently lack is tempo, someone who can quickly turn defence into attack and an outlet ball in the shape of players like Colquhoun and McCann. 

We are too slow in build up play, the opposition have 10 men behind the ball before we get anywhere near their box, we lack the creativity to break them down once they’re behind the ball, if we are going to utilise the long ball we lack a midfielder who can run into the box for a knock down and we lack a striker who can pick up the scraps in the box to score from broken play.

Tommy Wright has never and would never be my choice for manager, he is as bad as CL, the only difference being he won the Scottish Cup in a poor final. Clarke while he plays a certain brand of football, uses the strengths of pace on the wide and up front to go on the quick counter attack making his teams much more effective.

What we are is easy to play against because we have no real Plan B. We are far too slow and ponderous in build up making it easy for the opposition to defend against us.