Gaffer on unrest etc...

Clerry Jambo

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

You’re not concerned that our dire form and performances have carried over from last year? You think that’s acceptable? 

I  concerned. 

Very. 

My opinion and reasoning has been explained. Cba doing it again. 

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Robbo-Jambo

• Last Laff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

“Let’s wait and see where we are at Christmas”

How come they are saying its only 4 games but use last season's nine game run as a reference point to show that he can turn it around?  Im sure smiths left boot has harked back to that run.  It doesn't matter how bad it is, some posters will back him up.  

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I  concerned. 

Very. 

My opinion and reasoning has been explained. Cba doing it again. 

Have you not pointed to last season's nine game run to show that he will turn it around? 

Adam_the_legend
3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

New Levein article...

”Keep booing until we get better”

I’m serious. That’s going to go down well. 😬😬😬😬

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/craig-levein-tells-hearts-fans-keep-booing-till-we-get-better-1-5003476

enough with the media interviews. Win games or GTF!!

3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

New Levein article...

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/craig-levein-tells-hearts-fans-keep-booing-till-we-get-better-1-5003476

Was he not criticising fans a couple of weeks ago for moaning on social media?  

Just now, FruitJuice said:

Was he not criticising fans a couple of weeks ago for moaning on social media?  

Depends how you construe it. 🤷🏼‍♂️

3 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Does Ian Murray MP give him tips on how to answer questions?  

Some folk on here think Ian’s good at answering questions. 

Steven Naismith came out the other week and said booing wasn’t helping.

think they  need to come to a clear understanding what they would rather happen.

8 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Some folk on here think Ian’s good at answering questions. 

I was using him as an example of giving a politicians answer with him also have being a Hearts fan.  Some might think he isn't good at giving answers. I suppose it depends on how you look at it.  I'm sure levein was having a go at fans a couple of weeks ago.

1 hour ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Our injury list has been horrific for years. Other teams deal with injuries. When will the excuses end?!

Can't agree.  Our run of injuries has been exceptional.  No excuse however for absolutely dire performances so often ergo I agree with you to some extent.

Read a couple of EEN interviews with Levein.  He heavily emphasises his disquiet with our defence.  That's deeply concerning to me because it's our inability to score which has frustrated me for years now.

Clearly he has a very different mindset to me.  

1 hour ago, martoon said:

"I want Tynecastle to be a hostile place..." Levein says. 

It is. 

He was criticising fans a couple of weeks ago for moaning on social media and now he says they should boo until we start winning.  Naismith was saying the opposite a few days ago in that booing doesn't help.  Football wise, we are a mess just now.  It doesn't look like it will get better if he thinks that the defence is the thing that needs worked on.  If he is going soon, I wonder what media tactics he'll use to get who he wants to replace him?  He needs to leave the club completely so we can't put any blame on him if the new manager isn't getting it right.  Some fans are saying that getting rid of him and finding a replacement will be costly for the club.   We'll see how much he has the clubs interest at heart when it comes to paying him off.  

7 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

New Levein article...

Dont know why I found that headline so funny.  🤣😂

6 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Will happily lose Saturday if we get rid of that clown in charge. 

I want him gone as well but he’ll be out soon enough. Would rather we won in the meantime. If he’s still here in a week or a month or 6 months time it means he’s winning games. 

Don’t ever want us to lose. 

10 hours ago, Mr Kipling said:

I just came across this article: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49672414 - posted earlier today (not sure if anyone else has posted it, so apologies if it has already been discussed).

The gist of it is that CL believes that better defending will equate to scoring more goals - I'm not sure I follow his view tbh. It is his typical negative mindset - I just want him gone, seriously, it is time for him and his bootroom boys to leave. 

I guess it depends what 'better defending' means.  At its most basic, it's about stopping the opposing team scoring.  However, better defending also means making better use of the ball when our defence has it in possession.  The first bit is the easier bit.  Get the second bit right and the attacking will improve.  That's the hard bit.

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I want him gone as well but he’ll be out soon enough. Would rather we won in the meantime. If he’s still here in a week or a month or 6 months time it means he’s winning games. 

Don’t ever want us to lose. 

A lot thought he would go after the Livingston debacle, more thought he would be gone at the end of last season, most thought he should have been shoved after the Hamilton game, it seems he is bulletproof. How he is still in a job is beyond me. I don't know if he can get past Motherwell and Aberdeen, but I wouldn't bet against him surviving to Christmas without another win until then. Let's hope (unreasonably) that he'll change his style and have us shooting up the table, but I don't believe he can change and I think hes too  stubborn to believe he's not doing it right.

Actually agree with what CL is saying re defence.  The defence has given away shocking goals recently and they have to own this and take responsibility. However, disagree with the booing as it really unsettled the players. Over the years, really seen it get to the team, and not in a good way 

So, we’ve been told by some on here to keep any dissent till after the game but now the manager has said that’s ok’ even encouraging it ?

Sorry, boys ! Hostility wins !

10 minutes ago, Boab said:

So, we’ve been told by some on here to keep any dissent till after the game but now the manager has said that’s ok’ even encouraging it ?

Sorry, boys ! Hostility wins !

Nope, the Levein fanboys don’t want any dissent or criticism at any time 

The Real Maroonblood
12 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Levein would make a decent politician. Talks absolute garbage, performs badly, and puts a great positive spin on every negative. 

He's got us all gagging for the happy clapping train, and sitting bottom of the table. 

This.

29 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

A lot thought he would go after the Livingston debacle, more thought he would be gone at the end of last season, most thought he should have been shoved after the Hamilton game, it seems he is bulletproof. How he is still in a job is beyond me. I don't know if he can get past Motherwell and Aberdeen, but I wouldn't bet against him surviving to Christmas without another win until then. Let's hope (unreasonably) that he'll change his style and have us shooting up the table, but I don't believe he can change and I think hes too  stubborn to believe he's not doing it right.

I mostly agree. Though critically I don’t think he’ll last another two games without a win. The noisy minority of Levein backers on here can be misleading. They can start as many threads as they like about backing the club or looking forward to the next game but I believe, in the real world, the fans are at breaking point, and they’ll force the clubs hand very soon.

And people don’t think he says thinks just to antagonise the fans. The players will also be disappointed reading that, they 100% won’t want to be booed. 

I get we have to do press but I wish we’d stop talking. Focus on winning games and shut us up that way. 

Read it as meaning:

I know there will be booing. We haven’t managed to get going yet and fans are rightly annoyed at results so far. Hearts fans demand higher standards, so just get on with it if you have to. I’ve been working away with the players trying to fix it on the training ground and believe it is coming together.

4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Read it as meaning:

I know there will be booing. We haven’t managed to get going yet and fans are rightly annoyed at results so far. Hearts fans demand higher standards, so just get on with it if you have to. I’ve been working away with the players trying to fix it on the training ground and believe it is coming together.

:rofl: 

Just now, Des Lynam said:

:rofl: 

Whether you agree with it or not, I think that’s what he is getting at, no? More inclined to believe that, than he’s intentionally trying to antagonise the fans. :lol: 

I’m not sure what he’s up to anymore. I love the man but it’s over and sadly we all know it. I admire the backing some give to him but he’s harming the club now. 

The majority on here want Hearts to do well and we are underperforming under Craig. I genuinely hope I’m wrong and he wins the next three to quieten the dissent and we have a great season. 

All this we are nearly there/success round the corner/we’re great on the training pitch is bullshit talk. 

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

I’m not sure what he’s up to anymore. I love the man but it’s over and sadly we all know it. I admire the backing some give to him but he’s harming the club now. 

The majority on here want Hearts to do well and we are underperforming under Craig. I genuinely hope I’m wrong and he wins the next three to quieten the dissent and we have a great season. 

All this we are nearly there/success round the corner/we’re great on the training pitch is bullshit talk. 

I get all that. I’m just giving my interpretation of what he’s driving at. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

:spoton:

24 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Read it as meaning:

That’s how I read it too but it sends mixed signals. If things are not going well, there will be dissent....not a startling revelation for anyone who has attended Tynecastle for any number of years. 

It might backfire as the players will be under enough pressure. Or, it might be a good thing as a hostile Tynecastle is a bear pit and can work for you as well. We’ll find out come Saturday.

1 minute ago, Boab said:

That’s how I read it too but it sends mixed signals. If things are not going well, there will be dissent....not a startling revelation for anyone who has attended Tynecastle for any number of years. 

It might backfire as the players will be under enough pressure. Or, it might be a good thing as a hostile Tynecastle is a bear pit and can work for you as well. We’ll find out come Saturday.

Agreed. Reckon he’s been asked about the protest and the booing and he’s been at pains to not criticise the supporters. Rightly or wrongly he thinks this squad of players will come good under him. Don’t think there’s anything he could have said in response to the questions, that would have been better received. Apart from “I quit” (for some fans). 😄

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Agreed. Reckon he’s been asked about the protest and the booing and he’s been at pains to not criticise the supporters. Rightly or wrongly he thinks this squad of players will come good under him. Don’t think there’s anything he could have said in response to the questions, that would have been better received. Apart from “I quit” (for some fans). 😄

He’s clever, i’ll give him that. Could have replied..please don’t boo, get behind the team. He didn’t and has invited criticism.

As I say, though, a penny for the thoughts of the players. Not unreasonable for some to be thinking...great, thanks for that, Craig. We’re not under any pressure right now. 

This could go wrong for him. Big time.

10 minutes ago, Boab said:

He’s clever, i’ll give him that. Could have replied..please don’t boo, get behind the team. He didn’t and has invited criticism.

As I say, though, a penny for the thoughts of the players. Not unreasonable for some to be thinking...great, thanks for that, Craig. We’re not under any pressure right now. 

This could go wrong for him. Big time.

Yeah, I do wonder how it will be received by the players tbh. Perhaps -and this is again just me trying to make sense of it- he’s actually a bit pissed off with the players for not getting results yet? Not attempting to justify his words or state whether I think he’s right or wrong, just offering my take on what he might be thinking. Every chance I’m way off tbh. 

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yeah, I do wonder how it will be received by the players tbh. Perhaps -and this is again just me trying to make sense of it- he’s actually a bit pissed off with the players for not getting results yet? Not attempting to justify his words or state whether I think he’s right or wrong, just offering my take on what he might be thinking. Every chance I’m way off tbh. 

The fans will back the players ten times out of ten right now, imo.

For what it’s worth, I think there will be great support from the start on Saturday.

If it goes wrong, he’ll get it, not them, and I think that will be audible to him and the players.

Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that and we take care of them and jump ahead of Hibs before the derby. Put the pressure on those muppets !

We_are_the_Hearts

We have had 11 shots on target in 4 League games. The least in the League. But dinosaur is working the defence all week. Got 0-0 written all over it. 

10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

It means **** all after 4 games. 

We finished 6th last season, that's what matters. 

I'm out. 

You are happy if we finish 6th.

Dearie me 😏

19 minutes ago, Boab said:

The fans will back the players ten times out of ten right now, imo.

For what it’s worth, I think there will be great support from the start on Saturday.

If it goes wrong, he’ll get it, not them, and I think that will be audible to him and the players.

Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that and we take care of them and jump ahead of Hibs before the derby. Put the pressure on those muppets !

:thumbsup:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

If fairness to a coach I want to leave, all he’s saying there is that the hostility isn’t going to drop while results are gash.

But it’s a shit state of affairs and he’s responsible for it.

Headlines like "KEEP BOOING TILL WE GET BETTER" from Levein to our support brings our club into disrepute. What a message to make in the media for our fans to read. Has Levein not only lost his ability to manage our team but lost the plot with his statements to the media.

11 hours ago, jockmac said:

Yip, heard him on the news earlier.

Banging on about defending...unbelievable, he really doesn’t help himself to throw off his tag for anti football.

He’s never a winner in a million years, too much of a shitebag, were just treading water with him, can’t wait till we get a positive manager, who’s emphasis is on scoring goals and attacking football.

A Hearts manager who seems to think if we defend better we will see out a 2-1 lead against Hamilton at Tynecastle with 30 mins to go. 

Actually embarrassing himself now big time. 

Any other manager would expect us to go on and win with goals to spare in the above scenario. 

How ****** negative can anyone actually be??. 

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

A Hearts manager who seems to think if we defend better we will see out a 2-1 lead against Hamilton at Tynecastle with 30 mins to go. 

Actually embarrassing himself now big time. 

Any other manager would expect us to go on and win with goals to spare in the above scenario. 

How ****** negative can anyone actually be??. 

He can't help himself, the shite bag, cautious, negative football is part of him. Ex players from both his stints have said it. No medals will never change and we just need to grin and bare it until he is gone. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

You are happy if we finish 6th.

Dearie me 😏

Never said that either. 

I do wish he'd come out and said something like, 'I've said enough about the fans' reaction; it's now up to us to deliver results.  If we deliver results and perform like we should, the atmosphere changes.  Simple."

On the other hand, whatever he says, some on here ain't going to like it.