Gaffer on unrest etc...

Clerry Jambo

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nope. 

The cup final saved him last season and we did improve v the season before. 

He wasn't sacked for finishing 6th, a lc semi and a sc final. 

He could have been, he wasn't. 

This season we've played four games and progressed in the cup. 

She'd be going on that and that only. 

She's an astute, balanced, professional women, not an unhinged, emotional, irrational wreck with bias who also looks long term and not short term, like some fans. 

Can I ask, what does long term mean to you?  The club is currently in a stable condition off the park but making a mess of it on it. 

All through my life as a Hearts fan I’ve heard...”it’s about the long term”.  I’ve yet to find out it’s exact definition for a football club?

Football is all about the now.  Of course you can be afforded time as a manager but that time comes from seeing progress on the pitch that should match everything else that goes into the team....funds, quality of player etc....

Loads and loads of posters on JKB either choose to ignore or completely miss the point you still need the right personnel and guidance no matter how much stability off the the park and how much money you have. 

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Robbo-Jambo

• Last Laff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People shouldn't criticise unless they've been managers.  And just remember that rosey glow of that glorious 10 games in season 2018-19.  So amazing.

It is always interesting how crowds swing in attitude.  To me Levein should never have been given the keys to the club 6 seasons ago.  Then there was a huge missed opportunity to remove him after Cathro and again after the Cup Final.  Yet it has taken until now for the crowd to swing against him.  And following a game against Hamilton where we didn't lose and where I think he was right in that there was some good attacking play.  Seems to have been the straw which broke the camel's back.

Wonder if he's been fixing it on the training pitch or reorganising the disorganised football department in the last couple of weeks?

He shouldn’t have done the interview, he could have said everything that everyone wants to hear and folk would jump down his throat about something or other. 

As Nookie says, just win games on the park. Same goes for Halkett. 

2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Can I ask, what does long term mean to you?  The club is currently in a stable condition off the park but making a mess of it on it. 

All through my life as a Hearts fan I’ve heard...”it’s about the long term”.  I’ve yet to find out it’s exact definition for a football club?

Football is all about the now.  Of course you can be afforded time as a manager but that time comes from seeing progress on the pitch that should match everything else that goes into the team....funds, quality of player etc....

Loads and loads of posters on JKB either choose to ignore or completely miss the point you still need the right personnel and guidance no matter how much stability off the the park and how much money you have. 

Good post.

Giving a manager time over the 'long term' is warranted when there's exceptional circumstances or you can see them making progress to a certain style of play. For example Lampard at Chelsea, the fans and the board will give him time as he's got a transfer ban, a young team and evidence of him trying to introduce a more entertaining style.

Craig's just signed more and more players each window, stuck with the same attritional approach with no visible sign of progress. A long term view of where we are currently without change will see us in exactly the same position we are in now...but 5 years in the future.

Talking a good game, sorry, training session, is all Levein has left. He's not even very good at that. 

It must be brilliant being shite at your job knowing you won't be sacked. A luxury few will ever have.

As long as he impresses auntie Ann and his ever dwindling devotees on here, he'll be fine. 

No respect for him anymore. He's tarnished my memories/fondness of him as a player and head coach (2000-04).

1 hour ago, Noah Claypole said:

Good interview.

If Mr Levein is seeing performances in training that show we'll be turning the corner sharply then that's good enough for me. 

Easy pleased.

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

Talking a good game, sorry, training session, is all Levein has left. He's not even very good at that. 

It must be brilliant being shite at your job knowing you won't be sacked. A luxury few will ever have.

As long as he impresses auntie Ann and his ever dwindling devotees on here, he'll be fine. 

No respect for him anymore. He's tarnished my memories/fondness of him as a player and head coach (2000-04).

Should have gone at the end of last season and salvaged a bit of dignity.

"Even some of our performances this season have been good"

for that drivel alone he should be frog marched out the building.

He may have convinced Wee Annie that all is well in the engine room but just watch Saturday because the hardened football fan needs more than words!

It truly is beyond a joke that he started this season in the hot seat. Total joke.

12 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Good post.

Giving a manager time over the 'long term' is warranted when there's exceptional circumstances or you can see them making progress to a certain style of play. For example Lampard at Chelsea, the fans and the board will give him time as he's got a transfer ban, a young team and evidence of him trying to introduce a more entertaining style.

Craig's just signed more and more players each window, stuck with the same attritional approach with no visible sign of progress. A long term view of where we are currently without change will see us in exactly the same position we are in now...but 5 years in the future.

👍🏻

Good interview.

If Mr Levein is seeing performances in training that show we'll be turning the corner sharply then that's good enough for me. 

He's been saying that for far too long.

14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Should have gone at the end of last season and salvaged a bit of dignity.

There would still have been grumbles but a move "upstairs" coupled with a decent head coach appointment would have been, if not exactly ideal, at least acceptable to many. 

Not now, I believe. His presence has become toxic beyond repair. Certainly for me. 

Edited by martoon

Good interview.

What are you seeing on the park, where it counts for most?

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Firstly, I can see why he'd be replaced, our form has been poor. 

What we have done in the past hasn't worked, we have a good season followed by a average or bad one, maybe 2 good seasons, then a bad one. Sack the manager, pretty much rinse and repeat since the 90's.

Changing managers after every bump hasn't brought us any consistency. 

Budge wants to break that cycle. 

Now, if we take our form from last season and this,  for example if it was over the one season then he would have been sacked. 

Last season, we finished 6th, lc semi and sc final. We got more points than the season before so we did improve on the previous season in all competitions. 

Was it enough-no imo, was it a stackable offence - maybe. 

He wasn't sacked, so with that in mind a sacking for this seasons start is not justified in any way just now imo. 

So I guess it depends how you view it, I think Budge will separate the seasons and with the backing in the team over the season and the returning Injuries, like CL she must think we'll improve and be better for it over this season which sets us up going forward. 

We do need results now, tho. I agree on that. 

Also, if we do change it needs to be a good one, a better one, not just to appease certain groups for the short term. 

Do that and we'll Likley have a Robbie - Cathro situation. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 minute ago, Prof said:

Thread should named - Duffer on unrest. The interview is the usual garbage from CL. Jam tomorrow, just stick with me.

:lol: whether intentional, or not. 

Bazzas right boot

Quite clear now, when folk said the wanted to hear from the club or get a statement, that isn't true. 

They wanted to be told what they wanted to hear, which obviously was never going to happen 2 days before the game. 

Result - folk go tonto. 

We_are_the_Hearts

See for those that agree with Budge and think CL should get more time. Can they tell us what our actual style of play is? How the performances suggest we are close to going on a run? To me we look a shambles, devoid of ideas, who are out fought every game and the other team look fitter?

Edited by We_are_the_Hearts

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Quite clear now, when folk said the wanted to hear from the club or get a statement, that isn't true. 

They wanted to be told what they wanted to hear, which obviously was never going to happen 2 days before the game. 

Result - folk go tonto. 

Levein isn’t “the club” m8

Regardless of anything that the "Happy Clappers" or the "Levein out" camps say Hearts League record in 2019 to date is as follows

image.png.0293cc4a28c9dc9b34d2482217c48cf3.png 

A win %age of 19 is at best 11th and a play off place over a whole season.

We need to be winning games very soon.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, We_are_the_Hearts said:

See for those that agree with Bidge and think CL should get more time. Can they tell us what our actual style of play is? How the performances suggest we are close to going on a run? To me we look a shambles, devod of ideas, who are out fought every game and the other team look fitter?

Tbf, if we are all that we've done well to only get beat away at Aberdeen and Celtic, and Motherwell who we beat away must be honking beyond belief. 

Great rant tho. 

Up there with the top wans. 

We_are_the_Hearts

Tbf, if we are all that we've done well to only get beat away at Aberdeen and Celtic, and Motherwell who we beat away must be honking beyond belief. 

Great rant tho. 

Up there with the top wans. 

So you don't have an answer, just your usual guff. Poor stuff Tosh

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Having listened to or read AB's comments and read your slaverings on here, I would say she knows an awful lot more about football than you

:spoton:

We_are_the_Hearts
3 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Regardless of anything that the "Happy Clappers" or the "Levein out" camps say Hearts League record in 2019 to date is as follows

Exactly. And to say we just need results is missing a part of it as well. The performances are horrendous, getting outplayed by Ross County and Hamilton FFS. He will get a result, every manager does but the pattern suggests it will just ne a swallow amongst mediocrity

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Levein isn’t “the club” m8

He's in postion and qualified to speak on it's behalf, just like Budge is. 

The club cannot speak, a person must do it. 

In this case, CL talking about football matters is perfectly fine. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

We do need to win games, but for balance-

_108517530_getimage.png

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

So you don't have an answer, just your usual guff. Poor stuff Tosh

You're question was a pile of pish and not worthy of a proper answer. 

It was a rant, that barley qualified as a question. 

Astonishing stuff, as per, from the Beleveiners. 

Particularly the logic that as a change didn't take place post final/close season, it can't now. 

He's started, so he should finish, regardless of daft things like results, form, shite performances, unrest, bottom 6...

We_are_the_Hearts

You're question was a pile of pish and not worthy of a proper answer. 

It was a rant, that barley qualified as a question

What so asking what our style of play is equals a rant?

Asking what about our performances suggest we are about ot go on a run equals a rant?

19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

_108517530_getimage.png

Your "for balance" includes all the cup games with league games so does look "not too shabby"

If you look at the cup only games it looks even better with a win %age of over 60%. The table below is slightly out of date and also is games over 90 minutes and not extra time and penalties which would be even better.

image.png

So in conclusion and with these statistics 

Levein must stay as he is doing a fantastic job, no mistake.

Edited by 7628mm

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

_108517530_getimage.png

You should have posted that table before, Tosh. :lol:

Not sure what I'm looking at or how it provides "balance", however. Levein (17-19), I do hope the 19 is correct, has him in 4th place. His stats are only better than Cathro and Locky. No criticism of the latter, for me, but it's hardly a glowing testimony to Levein's 2nd spell. 

23 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Result - folk go tonto. 

Personally, I didn’t want a statement.

There’s actually no point. You know what’s in it before it comes out.

He’s obliged of course. A lot of people don’t even look now. That’s a worry.

20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

_108517530_getimage.png

If Hearts win 19 leagues you probably think it’s a decent return.  But if we lost 19 , 57 points doesn’t get you in the top 5 over the last two seasons.  Just a daft example. 

Its about the conditions of the season.  Hearts haven’t responded with quality or fight once we’ve been trailing in 5th or 6th. The percentage thing can give a false impression. 

Is the above correct though?  If that’s JJs second term stats in the league, he actually lost 19 times.  7 were lost in his opening period as he rebuilt. Then walked to 3rd spot the season after.  

1 hour ago, Coco said:

People shouldn't criticise unless they've been managers.  And just remember that rosey glow of that glorious 10 games in season 2018-19.  So amazing.

It is always interesting how crowds swing in attitude.  To me Levein should never have been given the keys to the club 6 seasons ago.  Then there was a huge missed opportunity to remove him after Cathro and again after the Cup Final.  Yet it has taken until now for the crowd to swing against him.  And following a game against Hamilton where we didn't lose and where I think he was right in that there was some good attacking play.  Seems to have been the straw which broke the camel's back.

Wonder if he's been fixing it on the training pitch or reorganising the disorganised football department in the last couple of weeks?

He isnt reorganising the football side AB is.

And you shouldn’t criticise if you havent been a manager ? Im hoping there is sarcasm in that.

We all understand we should be doing way way better with the squad and resources we have but he doesnt seem to have the same urgency and its gone on long enough.

Edited by Jamboelite

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

an unhinged, emotional, irrational wreck with bias, like Hearts fans who wanted Hibs to win the cup. 

Ohai Tosh :)

35 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

That should be plonked in front of Mrs Budge and see how she justifies the manager still having a job. 

No club in Britain would have these stats. and still have the same manager. 

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

We are at a stage where we judge ourselves as a football team on absolutely everything except results. It is a ****ing outrage.

Levein would be out on his ear at almost every other club on the planet. The only reason he is not as it leaves Budge to run a football club with not even a procedure note without him. She knows nothing about football and is 100% dependent on him.

Quite correct. Probably have the interview with his feet up on the table, leaning back on his chair puffing a large Havana. Safest job in football. 

A_A wehatethehibs

**** Leveins overall record, sick of seeing happy clappers post that, this is about the last full year of pish since October last year. Yes he did OK initially turning round the Cathro train wreck back in 2017 but its now 2019.

Abject manager and any turnaround under him in the coming games will be temporary. We might get a couple of narrow 1-0 or 2-1 wins then we’ll go on another winless run 

We_are_the_Hearts
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

**** Leveins overall record, sick of seeing happy clappers post that, this is about the last full year of pish since October last year. Yes he did OK initially turning round the Cathro train wreck back in 2017 but its now 2019.

Abject manager and any turnaround under him in the coming games will be temporary. We might get a couple of narrow 1-0 or 2-1 wins then we’ll go on another winless run 

Spot on. He is not a winner and can't seem to keep a team "on it" for any length of period.

SuperstarSteve

We are one win away from being at hampden for a 3rd time in less than a year. Last manager to do that? 

If we keep pace with hibs and Aberdeen in the league, levein won’t be going anywhere and the fans will just need to accept that. 

2 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

We are one win away from being at hampden for a 3rd time in less than a year. Last manager to do that? 

If we keep pace with hibs and Aberdeen in the league, levein won’t be going anywhere and the fans will just need to accept that. 

Who cares when we get to Hampden if we lose in the end.  That’s hibs mentality under wee Pat. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He shouldn’t have done the interview, he could have said everything that everyone wants to hear and folk would jump down his throat about something or other. 

As Nookie says, just win games on the park. Same goes for Halkett. 

Agree. We talk too much. Time to shut up and deliver. A win on saturday is a must, it will fix nothing tho. He can only stay in the job if we win, winnable games, week in week out, for the crowd to come back on side I mean. 

3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Worryingly  it looks as though Ann has fallen for his chat. No doubt he has said similar to her/The board in recent talks.

Yep.  Maybe one day she will have to have that “uncomfortable chat with Craig” 

Edited by Last Laff

3 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

We were at Murrayfield and shat ourselves in the LC. 

We got to the final with a piss easy draw in the SC.