Good news for Tool fans.

Tazio

I understand they can be an acquired taste to people but I think they’re a great band. 

And it appears they’ve relented and let their music go on streaming services. Not sure if it’s all of them but certainly the entire catalogue is on Deezer now. 

Oh that makes sense now. I didn't realise it was a band. I once saw a photo of Jack Osbourne wearing a T-shirt with the single word 'TOOL' written on it and just presumed he was incredibly self-aware.

22 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I understand they can be an acquired taste to people but I think they’re a great band. 

And it appears they’ve relented and let their music go on streaming services. Not sure if it’s all of them but certainly the entire catalogue is on Deezer now. 

Been up on streaming services for about 4 weeks now I think. 

Only the 'woke' of JKB will be into tool I suspect. 

been here before
2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Been up on streaming services for about 4 weeks now I think. 

Only the 'woke' of JKB will be into tool I suspect. 

Im on fleek.

Does that count?

been here before
4 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Only if you know the fibonacci sequence of by heart. 

Ach nae bother. I learned that ages ago with spiral seeds on sunflowers.

Im on fleek with my woke.

Never heard of Tool though. Would Harry and Princess Meghan be fans?

Edited by been here before

I like Tool, I’m into my Prog/Stoner Rock/Metal bands. I’d put Tool in there, and up there with the best of them. 

Glad to hear this, they’ve got loads of albums and I don’t think I’ve heard them all tbh. 

14 hours ago, been here before said:

Disappointed this isnt some sort of Screwfix discount if Im honest.

That's what I was expecting :D

On 11/09/2019 at 17:29, Tazio said:

Hadn't really heard of them before, but have been having a listen a lot following your post. 

Cheers for the pointer - always good finding 'new' bands :thumbsup:

Need to give Fear Inoculum a listen today.

Anyone else got the deluxe edition with inbuilt multimedia player in the box?  Seriously weird package!

Its a bit disappointing that they left off some tracks to keep it down to one CD.  For that price a double cd should have been included instead of giving a MP3 download card.

Maybe they will do that when it gets a standalone release on cd and vinyl.

Edited by frankblack

Made my year. Sitting in work during nightshift patiently waiting on the amazon music update. Soon as it appeared the entire back catalogue was blasting through my work. :D

Makes sense, been using Spotify for years now and while tool are very similar to what I usually listen too I've never really came across them before. A few weeks ago tool appears on my "discover weekly" playlist out of nowhere and I've been hooked since. Good stuff!

I was in a band years ago with a couple of Greek guys who were obsessed with them, we covered a couple of their songs and definitely followed that sound, but I never really got into them myself. I dunno, they're ok, I think I just always felt they were a bit clever for clever's sake at the expense of the songs. But I suppose that's prog for you!

I'll put them on every now and again if I'm in the mood though, I thought the new one was fairly decent to be fair. 

42 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I was in a band years ago with a couple of Greek guys who were obsessed with them, we covered a couple of their songs and definitely followed that sound, but I never really got into them myself. I dunno, they're ok, I think I just always felt they were a bit clever for clever's sake at the expense of the songs. But I suppose that's prog for you!

I'll put them on every now and again if I'm in the mood though, I thought the new one was fairly decent to be fair. 

Im a big prog/tech fan and pretty much in the same boat as you to be honest. Find Tool are a bit bland for me although they have quite a few excellent songs which i'll play now and then. Probably more so now they are on spotify.