Burns away to Newcastle Jets (Aus)

Gambo

been here before

Not a bad move all round for him. I reckon Burns the makings of a half decent player.

Edited by been here before

Some move that.. he’s a good player with a great attitude  but doesn’t have the pace to make it as a left back..

think he should try and change to a position where pace less of a problem.. defensive mid maybe

Edited by kingantti1874

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Some move that.. he’s a good player with a great attitude  but doesn’t have the pace to make it as a left back..

think he should try and change to a position where pace less of a problem.. defensive mid maybe

He doesn't need to change

He is a midfielder 

He'll need to up his game to make a career with us

Good move to give him a year out of the limelight and time to grow but on what we have seen so far he'll need it

Bit of a weird one in terms of location of loan move particularly as he seems to go home quite a lot. Is there some connection with them (ie former player)? 

37 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Sorry if already reported, but at end of month, Burns going to Newcastle Jets on year long loan according to Belfast Telegraph.

Nice wee trip for Gary Naysmith to keep tabs on him.

36 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He doesn't need to change

He is a midfielder 

we should have tried playing hi there then becuase he’s not a lb

We'll have Gary Mackay in tomorrow's media complaining that Hearts do not have a big enough squad.

2 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Bit of a weird one in terms of location of loan move particularly as he seems to go home quite a lot. Is there some connection with them (ie former player)? 

Dundee Utd owner has interest in the club. Levein....Dundee Utd connection methinks. I used to work there years ago when it was an industrial town. All changed now though and will be a great "gap year" for the young chap....Beaches,sunshine,cold beer.....!!

Stephen Muddie
25 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Dundee Utd owner has interest in the club. Levein....Dundee Utd connection methinks. I used to work there years ago when it was an industrial town. All changed now though and will be a great "gap year" for the young chap....Beaches,sunshine,cold beer.....!!

Knowing our luck he'll come back 20 stone, have developed alcohol and gambling dependancies and have picked up a career-threatening STD.

Levein's influenza is killing the club every day.

Edit: Good luck to the boy. Don't rate him highly myself, but hopefully he can develop better over there. 

Edited by Stephen Muddie

been here before
Just now, i8hibsh said:

No shock but I do not rate him highly.

Cool.

You've never watched him apart from the telly or youtube clips so your opinion matters not a single jot.

1 hour ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Knowing our luck he'll come back 20 stone, have developed alcohol and gambling dependancies and have picked up a career-threatening STD.

Levein's influenza is killing the club every day.

Edit: Good luck to the boy. Don't rate him highly myself, but hopefully he can develop better over there. 

If he comes back like what you say I'm going there on holiday, it sounds amazing.

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

No shock but I do not rate him highly.

My first thought was nice jolly for our loans manager 2nd thought i8 will be on telling us he doesn’t rate him. Sure as night turns to day.....

2 hours ago, been here before said:

Cool.

You've never watched him apart from the telly or youtube clips so your opinion matters not a single jot.

So you can never give an opinion on any player that hasn't played for or against Hearts?  

been here before
2 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

So you can never give an opinion on any player that hasn't played for or against Hearts?  

Ill leave you a while in i8s company.

Get back to me later.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Ill leave you a while in i8s company.

Get back to me later.

😄  brlliant   I don't mind i8.  He definitely brings something different to this place.  It would be a poorer place without him.

You take him too serious.  Most of what he says is done with humour.  Enjoy him 

stirlingshirejambo

I love his attitude but no surprise nor seen him since Cowdenbeath was quite honestly the worst performance from a left back I’ve seen that that includes some of the dross we’ve had recently . I admired his attitude as he never stopped trying but was so out of touch I felt sorry for him

been here before
11 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

😄  brlliant   I don't mind i8.  He definitely brings something different to this place.  It would be a poorer place without him.

You take him too serious.  Most of what he says is done with humour.  Enjoy him 

Trust me when I say I take nothing about him seriously. He's worthless.

With that in mind Ive no intention of turning this thread into yet another one revolving around him.

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Trust me when I say I take nothing about him seriously. He's worthless.

With that in mind Ive no intention of turning this thread into yet another one revolving around him.

I think that the point  don't take him seriously, even he doesn't. He not worthless if you get him and realise that most of the time he's just having fun.

Anyway...

4 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

We'll have Gary Mackay in tomorrow's media complaining that Hearts do not have a big enough squad.

Hearts Legend blasts Budge carbon footprint

Hearts’ record appearance holder, Gary Mackay, has expressed grave reservations about club owner, Ann Budge’s, disregard for the environment.  Speaking in the wake of reports that peripheral squad member, Bobby Burns, is heading for a year long loan move to Australia, the former midfield maestro exclaimed, “Australia is many thousand miles away and we have to assume Bobby will be travelling by plane - in this age of climate change it worries me to think that our once proud club is contributing to the impending catastrophe. It’s no secret that I don’t like Craig Levein etc.”

As usual, plenty of Hearts fans willing to write-off our teenagers whilst elsewhere you can read that players in their mid-20s are young enough to improve. I've read that everyone from Shankland to Uche to Sterling are young enough to improve. One of the big issues I see with the plan for the club to develop youngsters through the Academy and reserves is the lack of patience of fans to give these players time to develop. Not sure how we change that.

Hopefully Burns has a really positive experience on loan that helps him develop and he comes back ready to have another go at making an impact on the first team.

Stephen Muddie
1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

As usual, plenty of Hearts fans willing to write-off our teenagers whilst elsewhere you can read that players in their mid-20s are young enough to improve. I've read that everyone from Shankland to Uche to Sterling are young enough to improve. One of the big issues I see with the plan for the club to develop youngsters through the Academy and reserves is the lack of patience of fans to give these players time to develop. Not sure how we change that.

Hopefully Burns has a really positive experience on loan that helps him develop and he comes back ready to have another go at making an impact on the first team.

There's two ways. One is to have a successful (and I mean for Hearts ie beating who we should mostly) team on the park so that the settled nature of the results-side allows for less convincing individual performances - such the ones young and inexperienced players can produce - to go largely unnoticed.

The second is to be so shite and lowly that producing and enjoying, however briefly, a player for sell-on to a bigger league/club is as good as it gets.

I know which option I'd prefer.

Edited by Stephen Muddie

portobellojambo1
7 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

The position you suggest is his correct position, i.e. in midfield. It is us that have been using him out of his best position.

2 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

Hearts’ record appearance holder, Gary Mackay, has expressed grave reservations about club owner, Ann Budge’s, disregard for the environment.  Speaking in the wake of reports that peripheral squad member, Bobby Burns, is heading for a year long loan move to Australia, the former midfield maestro exclaimed, “Australia is many thousand miles away and we have to assume Bobby will be travelling by plane - in this age of climate change it worries me to think that our once proud club is contributing to the impending catastrophe. It’s no secret that I don’t like Craig Levein etc.”

:rofl: 

30 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The position you suggest is his correct position, i.e. in midfield. It is us that have been using him out of his best position.

As did Livingston 

WheatfieldWarrior
2 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

It's like you have a time machine...

portobellojambo1
25 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

As did Livingston 

I didn't follow a lot about his time at Livingston. In fact I think the only thing I really read about his time there was one game he played against Celtic, where as you say he may well have played at full back because I think the report mentioned he played well when up against James Forrest. I hope he does well in Australia and gets played over there where he functions best, and can come back and do well for us.

7 hours ago, DarioHMFC said:

If you ask him what position he plays, he’ll tell you he’s a LB who can play anywhere on the left side or in the centre. 

He did start as a left back but played for Glenavon as an attacking midfielder.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.belfastlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/big-interview-bobby-burns-relishing-13838600.amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/big-interview-the-ambition-driving-hearts-teenager-bobby-burns-1-4752799/amp