Diego Maradona

Irufushi

Was just browsing through sports news websites and seen he has a new job at Gimnasia in Argentina. Anyway I watched the unveiling video and **** me he’s looks terrible, he could hardly walk , face all puffy. Surprised he was given the job .

6 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Was just browsing through sports news websites and seen he has a new job at Gimnasia in Argentina. Anyway I watched the unveiling video and **** me he’s looks terrible, he could hardly walk , face all puffy. Surprised he was given the job .

His previous job was as a manager - and doing pretty well, to be fair - in the Mexican 2nd Division. At a club based... in Sinaloa. Hence, I daresay, his appearance now. I suspect the local cartels will have been keeping him more than supplied there.

Edited by shaun.lawson

Wee JC was a post away in Munich from having the great one at Tynecastle. 

Paid a tenner for the Bayern game. The bold Wallace could have really went to town, had we gone through, and charged whatever he liked. It would still have been full.

The biggest regret watching Hearts, as good as beating Bayern was.

My favourite player ever. Major flaws but my football heroes are him rather than GL, the Walkers crisp guy !!

LarrysRightFoot
9 hours ago, Baxfee said:

The guy is a complete arse. If anyone wants to know what ego is, and how bad it can be. look at him. 

He had flaws (who doesn’t?) but the latest documentary, his autobiography and jimmy burns biography give and insight into his life and character.

10 hours ago, Baxfee said:

The guy is a complete arse. If anyone wants to know what ego is, and how bad it can be. look at him. 

easy for us to say from outwith his life.

it cant be easy living, Argentina's favourite son.everybody wants a piece of him.

4 hours ago, garybwick said:

Personal and egotistic matters aside, in my opinion the best player ever.

Pele for me. Probably because I was born in 1963 and saw him at his best when I was impressionable. 

Maradona, with the ball at his feet was something else entirely. Zidane, also in my lifetime has a fair old claim to best ever

What a player, the way the ball just stuck to him whilst hatchet men were trying to break his legs was unbelievable. There's a video on YouTube that I can't find just now.  He's side swiping the ball maybe 50 or 60 feet in the air and hardly changes position to do it again and again. A bit of a basket case off the pitch, but most sports are littered with them. Best ever imo.