• Mikey1874

• JackLadd

• shaun.lawson

• Cruyff Turn

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, jambostuart said:

To be fair, Clarke hasn't been guilty of that yet 

He's not been guilty of picking players on form either. Christie not picked for Russia and Halkett and Griffiths left out for both games completely.

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

England have a 1bn market value squad which is a lot higher than even France or Belgium.

There is no way in a millions years anyone is having the fact that England have a higher squad value than Belgium.  What a rubbish argument.  Belgium have one forward who moved in the summer for more than all of the forwards and midfielders England have playing tonight.  If your talking purely notional values even that is debatable and is really scraping the barrel to prove England should be better than Belgium.  

De-Bruyne, Hazard, Lukaku are worth at least 350-400 million between them 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

There is no way in a millions years anyone is having the fact that England have a higher squad value than Belgium.  What a rubbish argument.  Belgium have one forward who moved in the summer for more than all of the forwards and midfielders England have playing tonight.  If your talking purely notional values even that is debatable and is really scraping the barrel to prove England should be better than Belgium.  

By any measure England are a much bigger football nation than Belgium, yet Belgium have been to two finals since England last got to one. If England is not the biggest underachiever (and at the same time most over-hyped) national football team of all time - or definitely the last 50 years or so - who is? They are the Hibs of international football. They'll eventually win something but their fans will spoil it by rioting.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Correct. I wish Scotland were as overrated as them.

Maybe when Scotland has a population of 55m instead of 5m or so and is home to the richest football league in the world instead of one scratching around for pennies your wish will come true!

Edited by ToqueJambo

Brighton Jambo
12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

By any measure England are a much bigger football nation than Belgium, yet Belgium have been to two finals since England last got to one. If England is not the biggest underachiever (and at the same time most over-hyped) national football team of all time - or definitely the last 50 years or so - who is? They are the Hibs of international football. They'll eventually win something but their fans will spoil it by rioting.

You said England have a higher squad value than Belgium.  That’s nonsense 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
15 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Sterling would cost you in excess of £100m easy. Christ knows what City actually value him at. Kane the same. Sancho and Alexander Arnold would be worth big fees too. Not convinced the squad is worth £1bn as someone claimed but it’s worth a lot.

These qualifiers are partly why England have struggled so badly at tournaments, as soon as they meet good opposition they have no idea how to break them down. Even back in the world, any decent side they came up against had them sussed. 

A bit like champions league, the only way forward is to scrap the seeding pish. 

Kosovo keeper is hopeless.. dare I say our Bobby might have done better with a few of those! 

England are always great against these teams... it’s when the real stuff starts they are exposed. That defence isn’t the best but feck me it’s one of the most expensive in history!

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Someone else did I think. England's has to be up there though but the transfer market is messed anyhow. Means nothing. Harry Maguire for 80m FFS.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, VALDOS' said:

These qualifiers are partly why England have struggled so badly at tournaments, as soon as they meet good opposition they have no idea how to break them down. Even back in the world, any decent side they came up against had them sussed. 

A bit like champions league, the only way forward is to scrap the seeding pish. 

England are actually quite like Celtic. They always seem to have an easy time qualifying, in Celtic's can through domestic football, then can't step up against vastly better opposition when it matters.

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Maybe when Scotland has a population of 55m instead of 5m or so and is home to the richest football league in the world instead of one scratching around for pennies your wish will come true!

It hasn't stopped the likes of Uruguay, Belgium, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Netherlands and the Rep. of Ireland, etc. etc. etc.,  from doing not too bad with small populations.

5 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I think it probably does tbf. Whether they're really worth that is debatable but I reckon you'd get more more the England squad than the Belgian one and by a reasonable margin.

Brighton Jambo
17 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

For what it’s worth I agree with you about the under performing piece. One major final is a very poor return.  

I don’t think right now they are overhyped, fans and pundits recognise they are behind the likes of France and Belgium in that tier of 4/5 teams who could do very well with a bit of luck.  I do believe for the vast majority of fans the horrors of 2014/16 have knocked the whole we are favourites mentality out of them. 

1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

It hasn't stopped the likes of Uruguay, Belgium, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Netherlands and the Rep. of Ireland, etc. etc. etc.,  from doing not too bad with small populations.

Watching Bulgaria v Rep Ireland , until that howler from the keeper I wouldn’t say its going to be anything but a very difficult game v Bulgaria

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I know. That's a different argument though. No-one ever said they were over-rated or under-achieving.

3 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

Both teams look like they could score with every attack - the defending is awful.

Did they say ... 80 million Man Utd paid for McGuire 80 million I’m still in shock one more time 80 million quid🤣🤣

Edited by Rudy T

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Watching Bulgaria v Rep Ireland , until that howler from the keeper I wouldn’t say its going to be anything but a very difficult game v Bulgaria

Still no sign of Whelan coming on?

Just now, Rudy T said:

80 million Man Utd paid for McGuire 80 million I’m still in shock one more time 80 million quid🤣🤣

80million? ****, that’s even worse :rofl:

11 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I think it probably does tbf. Whether they're really worth that is debatable but I reckon you'd get more more the England squad than the Belgian one and by a reasonable margin.

The English transfer market is ****ing mental so this is probably accurate. Of course, some of the Belgian team play in England so their value will be inflated in places.

Edited by Stokesy

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

80million? ****, that’s even worse :rofl:

It almost makes sense Aberdeen wanting 8 mil for McKenna when you see what 80 mil gets you! Souttar must be a good 30 mil in the making 🤣

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I know. That's a different argument though. No-one ever said they were over-rated or under-achieving.

Agreed. Good game this, btw.

3 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Still no sign of Whelan coming on?

Certainly not heard his name mentioned. Just a friendly so id imagine they won’t play him 20mins left 1-1