Neil Warnock

spirt of 98

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-warnock-reveals-celtic-rangers-19926663

70 years of age and I bet he’d be better than CL. He is also Craig’s pal. I think this has been leaked as a story to gauge our reaction. I’d take him in our current position. 

Edited by spirt of 98

2 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-warnock-reveals-celtic-rangers-19926663

70 years of age and I bet he’d be better than CL. He is also Craig’s pal. I think this has been leaked as a story to gauge or reaction. I’d take him in our current position. 

His government pension would take a hard hit.

Bazzas right boot

His style would probably suit Scottish football tbh. 

He'd have no fear of the OF. 

Not sure he'd be better than CL- time would tell, my gut feeling is that he'd be brilliant or absolutely shite. No in between. 

The Old Tolbooth
40 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not sure he'd be better than CL- time would tell, my gut feeling is that he'd be brilliant or absolutely shite. No in between. 

This place is ****ing unreal at times :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

Great to hear that. some big name managers actually looking for a challenge should rightly consider Hearts and Hibs. If they were to win the league they would literally be the talk of the footballing world and their pick of Jobs IMO

Edited by AlimOzturk

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

I think he'd get more than zero wins in 12 league games. That would make him better.

He has managed a lot of good clubs down there. 

Pretty sure he would be better than CL 😉

4 minutes ago, mre said:

Feck me. 

Leveins a dinosaur but people calling for him to be replaced by a single cell organism!

Yeah he has really struggled for jobs down south hasn't he? 🙄

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

been here before
2 minutes ago, cruzabic said:

He's the promotion king... we're already in the top division? No thanks.

Aye but we're getting relegation with Levein mind so Warnock could be the one that aye brings us back up.

Just now, Locky said:

I have massive respect for Warnock, but fans who think Levein's style is dull and frustrating would be in for a real treat. :rofl: 

:laugh: You’ve got to laugh.

If you want to see a team of 6ft plus hammer throwers, Neil Warnock is king of kick and rush. 

The “Get it up the fecking park Hearts” merchants would have all their dreams come true with Warnock in charge.

Voice of reason

He is the king of the long-ball game. We will never challenge Celtic and Rangers by going down that path. He’d keep us mid-table but we’d need a more creative coach than him to make a difference at the top end of the table.

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

This place is ****ing unreal at times :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

Its mental.  There cant be many managers out there now that could possibly do a worse job than Levein.

Bazzas right boot
45 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think he'd get more than zero wins in 12 league games. That would make him better.

He'd need to have taken us to a final and He'd need to better the below. 

No one knows if he'd be better or worse. It's a guess either way. 

_108517530_getimage.png

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

_108517530_getimage.png

Nobody ever knows if the next manager will be better than the last but it's less risky to make a change if the form is as bad as ours is. 

CL's form at the start of his tenure (included in above stats) is also not as relevant as more recent form. I'm confident Warnock, or most other managers, would be able to improve on 2 wins in the last 18. 

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

_108517530_getimage.png

For league matches CL (2nd spell)  record is either on par or worse than Gary Locke.  Harrowing stuff.

Edited by Randy Marsh

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Nobody ever knows if the next manager will be better than the last but it's less risky to make a change if the form is as bad as ours is. 

CL's form at the start of his tenure (included in above stats) is also not as relevant as more recent form. I'm confident Warnock, or most other managers, would be able to improve on 2 wins in the last 18. 

Just now, Randy Marsh said:

For league matches CL record is either on par or worse than Gary Locke.  Harrowing stuff.

All I said was I'm unsure he'd be better than CL. 

You think he would be, I'm unsure. 

Hardly worth a drawn out argument. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

All I said was I'm unsure he'd be better than CL. 

You think he would be, I'm unsure. 

Hardly worth a drawn out argument. 

Not meaning to argue but he really doesn't need to be better than Levein over a 2 year period (I think he probably would be anyway). 

He just needs to get us winning our fair share of games. Most fans have completely lost confidence in CL doing this.

The Old Tolbooth
12 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

For league matches CL (2nd spell)  record is either on par or worse than Gary Locke.  Harrowing stuff.

Totally agree, and Locke only had U21's to work with, some of the stuff protecting Levien on this forum is embarrassing, Warnock absolutely pisses all over Levein in what the 2 of them have done in management, it's not even close mate. 

8 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Totally agree, and Locke only had U21's to work with, some of the stuff protecting Levien on this forum is embarrassing, Warnock absolutely pisses all over Levein in what the 2 of them have done in management, it's not even close mate. 

Correct.  Obviously those slating Warnock's teams weren't fans Callum Patterson either.  I actually thought Cardiff played some decent stuff when watching them last season.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

No one is protecting anyone. 

No one knows if a 70 year old Warnock would do better or worse with Hearts. 

No one knows either way for sure. 

No matter how much you want it to a fact, no one knows. 

As for Locke, he wasn't in the top 6 and never made it a sc final so the comparison is all wrong. 

_108517530_getimage.png

Imagine what Robbie would achieve with the current squad and budget based on the above facts... :ohmy:

Folk were talking about Moyes a couple of weeks ago and someone pointed out that he would be off to the first big club that came calling.  That would only happen if he was doing a good job.  I dont see the issue with that.  If someone left us in a better position than they found us, would that ot also help us attract a manager of similar quality?

I Don't understand that argument for going for a manager with a bit of a pedigree.