The Dentist

AlimOzturk

Have avoided the dentist for the last few years as I honestly dread it. Stupidly, I let things get fair bad but thankfully my dentist managed to sort it all out. 

Four fillings, a root canal a wisdom tooth extraction and scale and polish later and my teeth have never felt this good in years. 

Suppose my advice is dont avoid the dentist no matter how uncomfortable it is for you. 

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Have avoided the dentist for the last few years as I honestly dread it. Stupidly, I let things get fair bad but thankfully my dentist managed to sort it all out. 

Four fillings, a root canal a wisdom tooth extraction and scale and polish later and my teeth have never felt this good in years. 

Suppose my advice is dont avoid the dentist no matter how uncomfortable it is for you. 

It wasn't a dentist that done all that, it was a mouth mechanic.  

Once the injection starts to take effect, it's not that bad. 

3 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

It wasn't a dentist that done all that, it was a mouth mechanic.  

Once the injection starts to take effect, it's not that bad. 

Had to get a nerve blocker each time as there was a lot of decay and he had to drill near enough to my nerve for the fillings. By christ that's unpleasant. 

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

It's very costly but worthwhile. 

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Had to get a nerve blocker each time as there was a lot of decay and he had to drill near enough to my nerve for the fillings. By christ that's unpleasant. 

My dentist is Polish. She's a brilliant dentist but when she sees that your nervous, she tries to relax you by saying 'don't vorry, don't vorry.'  Sonds like something from a horror movie 

Went for the first time in years. Also dread it. Only needed one wisdom tooth out which got done last week. Wasn’t too bad. Definitely going to go on a more regular basis 

My dentist is Polish. She's a brilliant dentist but when she sees that your nervous, she tries to relax you by saying 'don't vorry, don't vorry.'  Sonds like something from a horror movie 

Indian Fella is my dentist. Dam foreigners taking all our jobs 🙄

I go to parkside dental practise near st lenoards street. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Салатные палочки

I avoided the dentist for years until I had no option but to go one day. Three hours on various teeth and I reached the limit for jags and the poor lassie was fair working up a sweat getting one of my wisdom teeth out. I was a few minutes away from being sent to the dental hospital when she finally got it. My mouth was a car crash for days afterwards. But ever since I have never missed an appointment as I figure nothing could be as bad as that day. 

Overcame my fear years ago by not taking the injection. Figured that maybe a minute or two of drilling pain would do that, and it worked for me.

57 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Indian Fella is my dentist. Dam foreigners taking all our jobs 🙄

I go to parkside dental practise near st lenoards street. 

Eh?  I wasn't joking about where she is from, just that her accent doesn't calm the nerves but makes it worse.  I couldn't care less if she was from timbuktooth.  Did you think I was criticising her nationality? 

Eh?  I wasn't joking about where she is from, just that her accent doesn't calm the nerves but makes it worse.  I couldn't care less if she was from timbuktooth.  Did you think I was criticising her nationality? 

He was being sarcastic I reckon 😂

4 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Alim didn’t mean anything like what you are suggesting.

He was having a wee joke, is all.

Samuel Camazzola
42 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

My dentist used to be in Annandale street. She told me she was offered the position of official team dentist to hibs. 

She told them to bolt when she saw the state of the gnashers as it would make her look bad. 

She could have retired a wealthy lady by getting Lennon in the chair for a couple of appointments. 

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Alim didn’t mean anything like what you are suggesting.

He was having a wee joke, is all.

I just shiit myself.  Lol 

My dentist is Meadowbank dentists. Superb in there and I'd recommend it if you live localish to that area. My dentist is extremely knowledgeable and reassuring. He's always spot on if you've got any problem. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, AW1 said:

My dentist is Meadowbank dentists. Superb in there and I'd recommend it if you live localish to that area. My dentist is extremely knowledgeable and reassuring. He's always spot on if you've got any problem. 

He seems to know the drill.

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Have a massive fear of going to the dentist. 

Only times Ive been in last few years are for a couple of extractions , ironically because I have a massive fear of going to the dentist.! 

I'm OK with an extraction.. numbed up, bit of pressure, tooth out, sorted...

Its the scale and polish that puts the fear in me.. That feeling of the wee wheely drill thing on my teeth, the wee vacuum thing in your gob... I have a very bad gag reflex, causes me to virtually leap out the chair when  those instruments are in my mouth for too long.. have to keep apologising to the dentist!

Unfortunately my childhood (secret) diet of sweets, crisps, pop etc and that childhood thing of not brushing your teeth out of early rebellion has left me with teeth that are now giving up the ghost on me.. 5 months ago one of my incisors cracked in half.. need to find another dentist to remove it as I missed an appointment for previous place and been barred.. :(

It'll only get worse... If I had the money I'd bite the bullet (pardon the pun) and just get the whole lot replaced with Simon Cowell style implants. 

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

I once had to get a metal filling drilled out as the tooth had decayed further under the filling so they had to replace it. The most excruciating pain I've ever felt, and that was whilst numbed. It got bad again, went to a new dentist and asked him to yank the tooth instead (unsuccessfully). Not that bad the second time...after about 3 injections 

Have had plenty fillings over the years. Have only had an injection once, the last time I got a filling. Took far too long to wear off. Think I prefer not having it.

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Shit.  I'm due at the dentist on Tuesday.  Having second thoughts now, although she is quite nice...

Just fantasise about her when she’s drilling you.

37 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

Its the scale and polish that puts the fear in me.. That feeling of the wee wheely drill thing on my teeth, the wee vacuum thing in your gob...

First time for a yr on Tue past ... all good but asked for a quick clean.  That cleaning drill wasn't working too good so only setting that did was high speed.  My kids said afterwards they were laughing at my foot moving vigourously, also at high speed.  Was very uncomfortable; petrified he was going to make a wee mistake. :muggy:

Edited by ArcticJambo

Horatio Caine
34 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Just fantasise about her when she’s drilling you.

You mean just imagine I'm  drilling her? 😉

2 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

Used to have a very busty and quite small polish dentist. She would nestle your head on her tits as she done her stuff. Very relaxing.

Doctor FinnBarr

My teeth are pretty much rotten, had a bad experience at a dentist the day we played Montrose in a 2nd replay at Muirton, missed the Bathgate bus because of the appointment time, my old man drove me up. Bad experience was due to a wisdom tooth having 3 roots (one curled) which caused big fickin probs

4 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

You're allowed to brush your teeth inbetween visits :) 

2 hours ago, Herbert said:

how sore is getting a tooth out after? 

If it’s a routine extraction it’s ok.  It’s important not to play around with the place where the tooth came out as you might dislodge the clot that forms (and protects the socket) if this happens you can get something called a dry socket which is sore.

If you smoke, don’t, at least for a few hours afterwards.

30 minutes ago, FWJ said:

If it’s a routine extraction it’s ok.  It’s important not to play around with the place where the tooth came out as you might dislodge the clot that forms (and protects the socket) if this happens you can get something called a dry socket which is sore.

Smoking is quite a funny activity post dentist jags.

And Dentists are Sadistic.

Edited by ri Alban

52 minutes ago, FWJ said:

The jag and the pain after is what scares me. I have a tattoo on my hand that goes over my knuckles so cant imagine that injection will be as painful as that. I'm a total wimp 😂

9 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

I was being sarcastic mate. Not at you though, just in general. 

Sorry if came across that it was aimed at you there 👌

10 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

My dentist used to be in Annandale street. She told me she was offered the position of official team dentist to hibs. 

She told them to bolt when she saw the state of the gnashers as it would make her look bad. 

Was that when Neil Lennon was manager?

:lenny:

If so, its understandable.

26 minutes ago, Herbert said:

The jag and the pain after is what scares me. I have a tattoo on my hand that goes over my knuckles so cant imagine that injection will be as painful as that. I'm a total wimp 😂

I always nip my leg when getting the jag, and at other painful times during treatment. The pain of that takes my mind off things. 😁

30 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I was being sarcastic mate. Not at you though, just in general. 

Sorry if came across that it was aimed at you there 👌

Your alright. I was just too stupid to get it.  

1 hour ago, FWJ said:

Dry socket is worse than just your normal toothache.  

2 hours ago, Herbert said:

Aye, the first jag hurts a bit but Hey, what can you do!  Next couple immediately afterwards, if you're getting some major work, you'll barely feel.  It's kinda like getting a prostrate check for the first time; not as bad as you're expecting it to be! :qqb011:

The injection to numb the gums isn't too bad. Sharp pain at first like any jag but it's more just uncomfortable whilst they slowly inject the stuff. 

That's assuming they don't stick the needle directly into one of your nerves which is what happened to me a year ago. Probably the sorest pain I've ever experienced but it was also there and gone within less than a second.