The A 9000 at Queensferry.

All roads lead to Gorgie

All roads lead to Gorgie

Just a question for the motorists. I was coming out of Queensferry just passed the Tesco this morning hoping to join the M90 and for a moment switched off and found I had turned down the on ramp onto the A9000 instead. I soon realised what I had done and stopped before reaching the bottom of the slope and reversed back up, another car had done the same behind me and did the same as Myself. 

What I am worrying about is could there be a camera waiting to catch car drivers making the same mistake.

I got fined for doing something similar when the new Royal first opened by a hidden camera. 

Dagger Is Back
4 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Just a question for the motorists. I was coming out of Queensferry just passed the Tesco this morning hoping to join the M90 and for a moment switched off and found I had turned down the on ramp onto the A9000 instead. I soon realised what I had done and stopped before reaching the bottom of the slope and reversed back up, another car had done the same behind me and did the same as Myself. 

What I am worrying about is could there be a camera waiting to catch car drivers making the same mistake.

I got fined for doing something similar when the new Royal first opened by a hidden camera. 

Forgive me for saying but there’s a trend here😂

No idea about the camera but I did the same last week and ended up going to Upper Westerhailes via the Barnton roundabout 

All roads lead to Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Forgive me for saying but there’s a trend here😂

No idea about the camera but I did the same last week and ended up going to Upper Westerhailes via the Barnton roundabout 

Force of habit. I haven't taken that route out of Queensferry since the new bridge opened and just though I was joining the A90 like the old days. You me and hundreds of non Queensferry residents must do that daily. I noticed a bus lane but thought it only applied to the inside lane 🙄

17 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Had to google map this to see what you have done, doubt theres cameras bud , maybe there should be better signs on the roundabout.

Dagger Is Back
1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Force of habit. I haven't taken that route out of Queensferry since the new bridge opened and just though I was joining the A90 like the old days. You me and hundreds of non Queensferry residents must do that daily. I noticed a bus lane but thought it only applied to the inside lane 🙄

Yip that’s exactly what I thought. Will need to have another look but not sure the signs are that clear.

Well that’s my defence m’lud

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Yip that’s exactly what I thought. Will need to have another look but not sure the signs are that clear.

Well that’s my defence m’lud

I think they have painted buses and taxis only on the surface but by the time you clock that you are already commited to turning left. 

Dagger Is Back
Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I think they have painted buses and taxis only on the surface but by the time you clock that you are already commited to turning left. 

I’m there tomorrow so will have a gander but I’m sure that’s spot on. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I’m there tomorrow so will have a gander but I’m sure that’s spot on. 

Cheers buddy. We can combine our defense statements :thumbsup:

All roads lead to Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Had to google map this to see what you have done, doubt theres cameras bud , maybe there should be better signs on the roundabout.

Hopefully if there are cameras they're just to catch speeders and not confused motorists. 

Anyway I hope others take note and don't make the same error 😉

All roads lead to Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

There is a camera, but I think it's at the bottom of the slip road, so you should be okay. 

I stopped before the bottom so if I am done it might be for reversing dangerously back up the slip road :thumbsup:

The Real Maroonblood
59 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I stopped before the bottom so if I am done it might be for reversing dangerously back up the slip road :thumbsup:

:naughty:

All roads lead to Gorgie
17 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

youny laddies these days ^_^

If only 😕

willie wallace

I nearly went down it but spotted the bus lane only sign painted on the road at the last minute.I did not see any other signs.

Don't travel that way much but did see an other car go down and join the motorway.

Dont think he even noticed😗

Matthew Le Tissier

Me and the bursd did this, the sat nav attempted to send us down across the new bridge and her not being from this part of the country went with it. Thankfully once we got to the bottom of the slip road one of the worries directed us to the wee slip road to the far left and went we went under the main carriageway. That was back in July and have had nothing through the door so you will be okay.

All roads lead to Gorgie
8 hours ago, Dunks said:

Here?

image.thumb.png.665d75a7942043ee306d02bdade36afb.png

That's it although they have painted a green strip across the entrance now but it is too late once you have committed to turn left and there are other vehicles close behind. To stop suddenly could cause a pile up. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 hours ago, Herbert said:

I done that during the summer and I never seen a camera and had nothing in the post so you'll be fine.

5 hours ago, Herbert said:

I done that during the summer and I never seen a camera and had nothing in the post so you'll be fine.

Good to know. Thanks.

1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

That's it although they have painted a green strip across the entrance now but it is too late once you have committed to turn left and there are other vehicles close behind. To stop suddenly could cause a pile up. 

If you were worried about causing a pile up what were you doing reversing back up the slip road :D

The punishment for reversing would be way worse than driving on the bus lane

All roads lead to Gorgie
8 hours ago, Matthew Le Tissier said:

Me and the bursd did this, the sat nav attempted to send us down across the new bridge and her not being from this part of the country went with it. Thankfully once we got to the bottom of the slip road one of the worries directed us to the wee slip road to the far left and went we went under the main carriageway. That was back in July and have had nothing through the door so you will be okay.

Thanks. Glad to hear that.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, mutley said:

If you were worried about causing a pile up what were you doing reversing back up the slip road :D

The punishment for reversing would be way worse than driving on the bus lane

It was a Sunday and apart from the other car I mentioned doing the same thing the road was empty. Sunday bus services might be a good thing after all. 

If it was rush our on a weekday that would be a reckless but living dangerously can be thrilling sometimes :biggrin:

Matthew Le Tissier
46 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Thanks. Glad to hear that.

That should have said old bridge btw, but aye you will be fine 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I turned onto the FRB by accident, lost in the dark, back in February, but no penalty, reckon the shame of following my progress and coming back over QC 5 mins later was a give away I wasn't trying to beat the traffic!

Captain Lithuania
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I turned onto the FRB by accident, lost in the dark, back in February, but no penalty, reckon the shame of following my progress and coming back over QC 5 mins later was a give away I wasn't trying to beat the traffic!

Done the very same thing. Some dick worker told me I’d be getting six points and the police would get me at the other side. I tried to get him to let me go down the left hand side where all the service vehicles go.

Never got any points and there were no police waiting there. The worker was just a ****. 

Spent all night googling for info. Managed to get through to someone at Amey who said the cameras weren’t on and nothing to worry about. 

Thrilling. 

Sounds to me like good practise to in the future becoming one of the of condemned over 80's drivers.:leveinnaturalorder:

Edited by bobsharp

Dagger Is Back

A bit late to the party but no excuse for going down that slip road. I think my defence of poor signage is as shot as the Scotland defence will be tonight.

Guilty m'lud

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

A bit late to the party but no excuse for going down that slip road. I think my defence of poor signage is as shot as the Scotland defence will be tonight.

Guilty m'lud

It sounds like I haven't a leg to stand on either. I will have to start looking at signs and stop driving from memory. Must have driven down that slip road maybe a hundred times🙄since I got my licence in the 80s. 

No excuse for forgetting that the new bridge has a new road half a mile to the west!

You are right about the Scotland Defense, Four nil now!

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

Dagger Is Back
2 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

It sounds like I haven't a leg to stand on either. I will have to start looking at signs and stop driving from memory. Must have driven down that slip road maybe a hundred times🙄since I got my licence in the 80s. 

No excuse for forgetting that the new bridge has a new road half a mile to the west!

You are right about the Scotland Defense, Four nil now!

Nope it’s a fair cop. Force of habit as you say. Yeah me too. It’s a bit scary when you get home and can’t really remember the journey. Auto pilots you’re right.

Ach we’ll see you in Court 😂