Opinion polls

ri Alban

I and no one I know, have every been asked. (Politics or otherwise)

Well JKB, have you!

Just thought I'd start an opinion poll of my own, since I never get a game with anyone else's.

Edited by ri Alban

I'm a member of the YouGov panel and have been for over ten years. I fill in numerous surveys, on all sorts of topics, and get paid £50 every few months.

Anyone can sign up. Its not telephone based.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I have had them on the phone but now I always tell them I keep my politics private. I told one caller I might vote no in the indy ref but I changed my mind and voted yes. Just after the call I was bombarded with calls and letters from the no side which I found a bit of a coincidence and cemented my commitment to vote yes.

I wonder if some of them are indeed impartial or aligned to a party.  

2 hours ago, Cade said:

The only opinion poll that matters is the results in the voting booth.

Everything else is just bollocks.

This.

How they expect people to give them their honest views that can be personally associated to them, I'll never know.

In the days of phone scams, who is going to give any details over the phone to strangers anyway?

6 hours ago, Chester™ said:

I'm a member of the YouGov panel and have been for over ten years. I fill in numerous surveys, on all sorts of topics, and get paid £50 every few months.

Anyone can sign up. Its not telephone based.

I do the same. Takes a while to get the points for £50 but if you do them regularly enough you can make about £150-200 a year. I've been doing them for so long I can fly there the questions too - never give them more than one answer to a question too as that means they take longer to compete. Elections are also a good time to be a member...got loads of questionnaires to do around the last general election.

Yeah, like others I do the YouGov ones online. I also got a phonecall from Kantar to do one a few days ago. 

I used to work for one of the smaller telephone ones (Progressive/Scottish Opinion) about ten years ago and the amount of abuse I took over the phone was brutal - although you'd also get some nice old dears who you could well have been the only person they'd spoken to that day - so I always do things like that when I get a call now. A few minutes of my time is no big deal. 

11 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I have had them on the phone but now I always tell them I keep my politics private. I told one caller I might vote no in the indy ref but I changed my mind and voted yes. Just after the call I was bombarded with calls and letters from the no side which I found a bit of a coincidence and cemented my commitment to vote yes.

I wonder if some of them are indeed impartial or aligned to a party.  

😅

• 11 months later...

Without really giving it much thought I’d always presumed YouGov, based purely on its name, was some sort of official government polling service.

Not so it seems. 

Just me?

I worked at ipsos mori down at leith links while I was skint and starting a business. Phoning round public or businesses and doing opinion polls and surveys with them. Never been asked myself though. 

Edited by GinRummy

AlphonseCapone
On 08/09/2019 at 11:59, Mikey1874 said:

Same here. Due my first £50 soon.

The surveys are fairly easy to complete, 10 minutes at most. 

You tend to get asked about something commercial eg mobile/broadband use, tv use etc with some political questions. 

https://yougov.co.uk/?source=survey_exit

Just sign up. 

https://yougov.co.uk/join-community/

Same. 

On 08/09/2019 at 08:48, ri Alban said:

I and no one I know, have every been asked. (Politics or otherwise)

Well JKB, have you!

Just thought I'd start an opinion poll of my own, since I never get a game with anyone else's.

Never, 

On 08/09/2019 at 14:54, frankblack said:

This.

How they expect people to give them their honest views that can be personally associated to them, I'll never know.

In the days of phone scams, who is going to give any details over the phone to strangers anyway?

They may have phoned me in the past but I'm suspicious of these kind of calls. 

Anyone asking for personal information such as views on politics and shopping habits I politely decline and put the phone down. 

Montgomery Brewster

I did today’s youguv survey and there were plenty questions on Scottish election next year and independence.

edging towards my 50 quid bonus. Previously used to do on way to work on bus or tram - might as well get paid for sitting