CD Tenerife v Las Palmos

Doctor FinnBarr

Doctor FinnBarr

Canarian derby tonight with our wee pal Suso captaining CDT. Its live on Youtube at 8pm if anyone is interested (commentary in English).

Vamos Tete/ Pio Pio maricon

Las Palmas, sorry

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

10 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Canarian derby tonight with our wee pal Suso captaining CDT. Its live on Youtube at 8pm if anyone is interested (commentary in English).

Vamos Tete/ Pio Pio maricon

Las Palmas, sorry

I love that wee guy :wub:

Mon the Tenerife 

Stephen Muddie

Ah the Spanish Waiter. I loved him but plenty didn't which I always found weird. The sort of player you want in any team. Incredibly skilful and tenacious. Will run through walls.

Doctor FinnBarr
6 minutes ago, Mad Dog Logan said:

0-0 full time

Aye, CDT with 10 men for the last 20 minutes or so, thought LP were more likely to lose a player with their 3/4 bookings in the 1st half

3 hours ago, HillmanHearts said:

If we kept him on it would have been ten !

Craig Beattie admitted to Si Ferry last week that he should never have came on. Obviously he enjoyed but I think he said something like, “thank **** the score was what it was and the game was over,” because he’d have really toiled with his injury had it been closer. 

11 hours ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Ah the Spanish Waiter. I loved him but plenty didn't which I always found weird. The sort of player you want in any team. Incredibly skilful and tenacious. Will run through walls.

Great wee player,could do with a few of them.

Given how many bang average hearts players many often ask to come back and seem to get PHM status, I'll always be baffled by a lot of the negativity aimed at Suso. I loved watching him play. Yes, he was a touch I consistent,but he was a winger. Rarely are they consistant performers.

And rarely did I see a call to bring him back. Would have loved a few more years of him terrorising the wee team.

A far superior player to Skinny in my opinion. And as much as I hope Morrison gets there, I doubt he will ever be near Suso's standard.

SectionDJambo

I loved Suso’s fighting attitude. Frightened of nobody. A tenacious wee guy who you knew was trying his best, even if things weren’t working for him.

He was terrific in the cup final and usually up for it in derby games. But the game that sticks out, for me, is the League Cup game at Falkirk, when him and Kevin Kyle dragged us back into the game, only for us to throw the game away again.

Those 2 shouldn’t have been on the losing side that night. We could do with their likes now.

Suso took a wee while to settle in Scotland, played for a while with a herina then had a spell out injured following his op. It was then the 'spanish waiter' pish began.

When he came back into the team we was unstoppable at times. 

I remember that brilliant solo run and goal he scored versus Hibs at Tynecatle. He took it from our half, skipped past their midfield and about three of their defenders before slotting it in the corner. It was great on his part but Hibs were also dreadful. No decent team would have allowed that to happen and no decent goalkeeper would have let it go in but brilliant from Suso. It is the sort of direct play we need now.

18 hours ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Yip, loved the wee guy

Tough wee player, never hid even if he wasn't at his best. 😎

Wish he had put his chance away in the cup final. 

Doctor FinnBarr
49 minutes ago, taylor75 said:

Any hearts fans in tenerife pop along to whiskey jar las Americas to watch games.  pub has hearts tv.

I'll be in for the Killie game next month

Regal Kingston

Never really  liked Suso when he first arrived. Looked like and angry young man and potentially a liability. Didn’t take him long to win me over. Great wee player that had a few tricks up his sleeve. 

Good to see he’s enjoyed a long career. 

2 hours ago, taylor75 said:

Any hearts fans in tenerife pop along to whiskey jar las Americas to watch games.  pub has hearts tv.

Good to know. I’m there the weekend of the Betfred semis. Really hope Hearts are playing that weekend!

2 hours ago, taylor75 said:

This legit? I’m here just now so be ideal for well game on sat. 

Doctor FinnBarr
3 hours ago, toonland said:

Aye, if you know where the Columbus is its up the hill past it and down to the left at the crossroads

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

6 hours ago, toonland said:

I’m also here in las Américas just now due to the international break. Flying home Friday for the Well game or I’d be in the whisky jar watching it with you. I did see a Hearts fan with the 78 retro tee shirt on, in MacDonalds with his wife and small child yesterday. Wasn’t you was it bud? 

10 hours ago, toonland said:

Theres a page on facebook callled (watch hearts in tenerife )...

8 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Aye, if you know where the Columbus is its up the hill past it and down to the left at the crossroads

4 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’m also here in las Américas just now due to the international break. Flying home Friday for the Well game or I’d be in the whisky jar watching it with you. I did see a Hearts fan with the 78 retro tee shirt on, in MacDonalds with his wife and small child yesterday. Wasn’t you was it bud? 

46 minutes ago, taylor75 said:

Theres a page on facebook callled (watch hearts in tenerife )...

Thanks all appreciate it, SJ, nope not me, Hearts shirt still in the suitcase just now, I know another couple here who are both Jambo’s, they also fly home Friday, so at least now there must be at least four of us 👍🏻

The Old Tolbooth

I holiday in Gran Canaria most years and the locals there mostly support Barcelona, and when asked why they don't support their local team, the answer is universally because they're just a small team, it seems there's glory hunters everywhere. 

7 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I holiday in Gran Canaria most years and the locals there mostly support Barcelona, and when asked why they don't support their local team, the answer is universally because they're just a small team, it seems there's glory hunters everywhere. 

In UEFA countries; Scotland, Spain and Greece are the worst countries I’ve experienced this in. England and Germany are probably the best for supporting their local teams in my experience also. Ireland (both parts) are by far the worst for supporting clubs in another country altogether, in European terms anyway.