First manager gone NHC

copa-mundial

4 hours ago, copa-mundial said:

Watford sack Javi Gracia. 

Poor form from the end of last season - start of this season

No messing about from Watford today. They sacked their manager and appointed a new manager in just over 30 minutes. And to think when Cathro was sacked it took Hearts near enough a month to fail appointing a manager from their long protracted interviews. And when they failed in their process our DOF got the job on a part-time basis. So we end up with a part-time manager and a part-time DOF.

No wonder our team is a shambles.

1 minute ago, greggy123 said:

See instead of commenting on my spelling , why don’t you comment on what you thought I said was so wrong. I’m sure you’ve never written something quickly and spelt something wrong👍

You are so right.

13 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Not having a go but see your comment Levein as “done a great job rebuilding the club” what has he actually rebuilt?

Budge has certainly done a fantastic rebuilding the club in terms of the stadium, our finances, the corporate side and administration.

Levein has not rebuilt the team successfully over the last few seasons that’s for sure.

He gets credit for rebuilding the Academy but what specific improvements has he made there??

You guys are hilarious. Levein is to get all the blame for everything that goes wrong, but none of the credit for anything done well...

14 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

11 managers in 8 years. They're unique. But it works for them: in terms of Watford's natural size (bottom half Championship club), they're overachieving massively. This is the second golden era in their entire history, and it's all down to the Pozzo family. Whose ideas are comparable to Romanov's in a way: just minus the ruinous overspending and occasional barking at the moon.

Romanov could afford the overspending - at least until his other businesses collapsed. He did debt for equity swaps 2 or 3 times which resulted in our debt being the same £28m as when he took over the club. The problem we had with Romanov was that although he transferred the debt to his own bank, that bank kept it on the books and never wrote it off ( probably couldn't as he didn't own 100% of the bank). As Bury proved, new owners don't like paying off the debts of their predecessors...

3 hours ago, Spellczech said:

You guys are hilarious. Levein is to get all the blame for everything that goes wrong, but none of the credit for anything done well...

I asked a question - what specific improvements has Levein made at the Academy?

The usual answer is we are now producing young talent, but we were already producing the likes of Walker and Paterson under the old regime.

19 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

11 managers in 8 years. They're unique. But it works for them: in terms of Watford's natural size (bottom half Championship club), they're overachieving massively. This is the second golden era in their entire history, and it's all down to the Pozzo family. Whose ideas are comparable to Romanov's in a way: just minus the ruinous overspending and occasional barking at the moon.

Below is a summary of the last accounts in case you wish to review the highlighted comment.

The overspending might not be ruinous.....yet.

Please note the figures are in thousands makingthe operating loss just under £30m and the loss on rdinary activities etc justunder £32m

Key Performance Indicators
2018 2017 £'000  £'000  
Turnover 128,222    123,907  Wages and salary costs (85,809)    (76,015) Other operating expenses (30,376)    (29,978) Amortisation and impairment of player registrations (41,433)    (28,514) Other operating income 69              62  Regulatory fees             -      (4,300)
Operating loss  (29,326)    (14,838)
Profit on disposal of player registrations 2,901         22,354  Net interest charges (5,189)      (3,488)
(Loss)/  Profit  on ordinary activities before taxation (31,615)        4,028  
Cash generated (absorbed) by operations 9,041      19,019  Wages to revenue ratio                                67% 61% League position  14th 17th 

Edited by JamboAl

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I asked a question - what specific improvements has Levein made at the Academy?

The usual answer is we are now producing young talent, but we were already producing the likes of Walker and Paterson under the old regime.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/big-interview-ann-budge-explains-why-she-is-fully-behind-hearts-boss-craig-levein-1-4974718

What specifics are you seeking? Better plumbing in the showers ?

Any player who makes a career of football has to be regarded as a success for the Academy. Some people will argue it is just transfer fees brought in, but I don't subscribe to that narrow view.

5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/big-interview-ann-budge-explains-why-she-is-fully-behind-hearts-boss-craig-levein-1-4974718

What specifics are you seeking? Better plumbing in the showers ?

Any player who makes a career of football has to be regarded as a success for the Academy. Some people will argue it is just transfer fees brought in, but I don't subscribe to that narrow view.

I’ll ignore your infantile “plumbing” comment.

Yes I’ve read that article - other than confirming we spend £4m on the Academy there is nothing that clarifies the improvements Levein has made.

My point is that when we were a ‘shambles’ we were still producing quality young players out of the Academy who were regulars in the first team such as Paterson and Walker.

And another thread has gone the same way that every thread goes. 

Some people really need to take a day off. 

On topic, Watford have been pretty successful in the way the deal with their management teams. 

Bridge of Djoum
22 hours ago, greggy123 said:

Very harsh. Done well with them last season. Ann budge could learn from there owners, footballs a cut throat business. 

1st reply and we have a winner in Levein bingo. 

Depressing stuff. Kickbacks slide continues. 

1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Much like the slide of our team under Levein....

2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

What is wrong with what I said? 

3 minutes ago, greggy123 said:

What is wrong with what I said? 

Spelling is worster than mines! 

2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

👍🏻

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

Spelling is worster than mines! 

👍🏻

Still no argument to why the comment I made was so wrong. That would be a grammar mistake not spelling👍

Edited by greggy123

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

And another thread has gone the same way that every thread goes. 

Some people really need to take a day off. 

On topic, Watford have been pretty successful in the way the deal with their management teams. 

Hearts could learn a lesson from them.

3 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I’ll ignore your infantile “plumbing” comment.

Yes I’ve read that article - other than confirming we spend £4m on the Academy there is nothing that clarifies the improvements Levein has made.

My point is that when we were a ‘shambles’ we were still producing quality young players out of the Academy who were regulars in the first team such as Paterson and Walker.

What are you talking about? Walker is 26 and Paterson 24... There is a whole missing footballing generation from them to the 17-19 year olds  we have breaking into the team now ....

53 minutes ago, greggy123 said:

Still no argument to why the comment I made was so wrong. That would be a grammar mistake not spelling👍

Ask Djoum , I agree with him but its by the by as every thread goes the same way.

55 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

What are you talking about? Walker is 26 and Paterson 24... There is a whole missing footballing generation from them to the 17-19 year olds  we have breaking into the team now ....

And an academy that basically didn’t exist and needed rebuilt from the bottom up

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

And an academy that basically didn’t exist and needed rebuilt from the bottom up

When the academy players have played 25-30 games a season then I'll concede its working.

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

didn't we also sign paterson when he was 16/17 from somewhere like tynecastle boys? 

9 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

When the academy players have played 25-30 games a season then I'll concede its working.

How many academy players at any club play that in their first teams? 

25 minutes ago, sadj said:

Tell us more?? 🤔

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Ask Djoum , I agree with him but its by the by as every thread goes the same way.

Well it is a Hearts forum. What do you expect. Ann budge has the business side of things down to a tea but running a football team, far off it. The only bit that actually matters. 

It should have been ten
On 07/09/2019 at 17:55, greggy123 said:

Very harsh. Done well with them last season. Ann budge could learn from there owners, footballs a cut throat business. 

‘NHC’ then first reply is this

:facepalm: 

It should have been ten
On 07/09/2019 at 21:01, Cruyff Turn said:

:rofl:Another non Hearts thread turned into a Levein GTF thread. Well done chaps, well done. 

Yep, every thread hijacked by the boring bar stewards.  

2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

No.

Try it and tell us whether we should learn from them.

I'll make it a bit easier for you and reproduce it for the avoidancs of doubt.

Below is a summary of the last accounts in case you wish to review the highlighted comment.

The overspending might not be ruinous.....yet.

Please note the figures are in thousands makingthe operating loss just under £30m and the loss on rdinary activities etc justunder £32m

Key Performance Indicators
2018 2017 £'000  £'000  
Turnover 128,222    123,907  Wages and salary costs (85,809)    (76,015) Other operating expenses (30,376)    (29,978) Amortisation and impairment of player registrations (41,433)    (28,514) Other operating income 69              62  Regulatory fees             -      (4,300)
Operating loss  (29,326)    (14,838)
Profit on disposal of player registrations 2,901         22,354  Net interest charges (5,189)      (3,488)
(Loss)/  Profit  on ordinary activities before taxation (31,615)        4,028  
Cash generated (absorbed) by operations 9,041      19,019  Wages to revenue ratio                                67% 61% League position  14th 17th  

Edited by JamboAl