First manager gone NHC

copa-mundial

14 minutes ago, greggy123 said:

Very harsh. Done well with them last season. Ann budge could learn from there owners, footballs a cut throat business. 

What could she learn? To be very harsh? 🤔

Fair play to them, decisive action taken to address concerns with what's being delivered on the pitch. Poor form from last season (despite reaching a cup final), carried over into this season ..... sounds familiar, doesn't it ? Whether it works or not we'll have to wait and see .... but at least they've done something to change things, rather than just hoping and waiting for it to turn around !

1 hour ago, greggy123 said:

Very harsh. Done well with them last season. Ann budge could learn from there owners, footballs a cut throat business. 

And we’re off ... 🤐

11 managers in 8 years. They're unique. But it works for them: in terms of Watford's natural size (bottom half Championship club), they're overachieving massively. This is the second golden era in their entire history, and it's all down to the Pozzo family. Whose ideas are comparable to Romanov's in a way: just minus the ruinous overspending and occasional barking at the moon.

2 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

What could she learn? To be very harsh? 🤔

Yip, get rid of Levein. Leveins a legend and he’s done a great job rebuilding the club but at the end of the day football is a results based business. 4 losses after a great season and he’s sacked, Leveins won four games in 2019 and she’s staying loyal to him. No other owner would stick by a manager with that sort of record. 

1 minute ago, greggy123 said:

Yip, get rid of Levein. Leveins a legend and he’s done a great job rebuilding the club but at the end of the day football is a results based business. 4 losses after a great season and he’s sacked, Leveins won four games in 2019 and she’s staying loyal to him. No other owner would stick by a manager with that sort of record. 

Ken. I agree. He should be gone. Just seemed a bit radge to say Watfords owners were a bit harsh...and that Ann Budge should learn from them 👍🏼

Not having a go but see your comment Levein as “done a great job rebuilding the club” what has he actually rebuilt?

Budge has certainly done a fantastic rebuilding the club in terms of the stadium, our finances, the corporate side and administration.

Levein has not rebuilt the team successfully over the last few seasons that’s for sure.

He gets credit for rebuilding the Academy but what specific improvements has he made there??

1 hour ago, GeordieM1969 said:

Fair play to them, decisive action taken to address concerns with what's being delivered on the pitch. Poor form from last season (despite reaching a cup final), carried over into this season ..... sounds familiar, doesn't it ? Whether it works or not we'll have to wait and see .... but at least they've done something to change things, rather than just hoping and waiting for it to turn around !

Watford are always sacking managers.

They must spend a fortune on paying up contracts.

15 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Ken. I agree. He should be gone. Just seemed a bit radge to say Watfords owners were a bit harsh...and that Ann Budge should learn from them 👍🏼

Aye suppose it is a bit radge. What i was getting at was their owners ruthlessness. 

12 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Not having a go but see your comment Levein as “done a great job rebuilding the club” what has he actually rebuilt?

Budge has certainly done a fantastic rebuilding the club in terms of the stadium, our finances, the corporate side and administration.

Levein has not rebuilt the team successfully over the last few seasons that’s for sure.

He gets credit for rebuilding the Academy but what specific improvements has he made there??

He brought Robbie Neilson In which was a great decision and got us back up straight away which was no easy task with hibs and Rangers. I reckon last season could have been excellent if it wasn’t for bad luck with injuries. We have one of the best squads we’ve had in years. We’re seeing the rewards of the work he’s done with the academy and I think there will be a lot more to come.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
24 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I honestly believe he has built a good squad. 

He just doesn't seem to know how to play them. Which shouldn't be a surprise when a different player arrives almost weekly while one seems to get crocked weekly. 

September really should be a more settled period on which his job I would imagine depends upon. 

3 very big games 

29 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

He built a stand, like Wenger built a stadium. 

8 minutes ago, greggy123 said:

He brought Robbie Neilson In which was a great decision and got us back up straight away which was no easy task with hibs and Rangers. I reckon last season could have been excellent if it wasn’t for bad luck with injuries. We have one of the best squads we’ve had in years. We’re seeing the rewards of the work he’s done with the academy and I think there will be a lot more to come.

Agree with you.

All this chat of losing the dressing room and being clueless etc... We get some great results against teams and play some cracking football, like against Murderwell in the cup. I really think we need a rub of the green and a few results on the trot and he will have us flying again.

And yes, the last 10 months has been brutal for results, many performances and a ridiculous amount of injuries.

And quite a few of this games have been lost by individual mistakes. A manager can't be blamed for these.

I love Berra. But the more I see him the sadder I get. 2019 has been a very, very substandard (going by his high standards) year for him.

My other team is Southend United. Kevin Bond took a stroll yesterday thank god. Only team in England without a point yet thanks to that utter balloon.  Most of you have Hearts as your only team so only suffer once.......... I have to suffer twice 😂

43 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Here we go... I stuck a few windows in and got pissed with JJ. Levein done nothing. 🤪

21 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

:rofl:Another non Hearts thread turned into a Levein GTF thread. Well done chaps, well done. 

More a criticism off Ann Budge than gtf levein

57 minutes ago, greggy123 said:

Apart from tyney under this regime !!

3 hours ago, copa-mundial said:

Watford sack Javi Gracia. 

Poor form from the end of last season - start of this season

Watford have policy of rolling contracts and changing managers regularly and it's kept them in the top division for a few years now. They reckon on a manager becoming stale after a year or two and always seem to have a replacement lined up. 

21 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Here we go... I stuck a few windows in and got pissed with JJ. Levein done nothing. 🤪

Spot on with all 3! 👍

12 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Even more idiotic then.

If your going to call something idiotic, should probably explain why cause don’t see how it is. 

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Hope you're not waiting about for a proper answer.

Just now, Gambo said:

Hope you're not waiting about for a proper answer.

No just the usual shite from the LDL!  😂

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Bully for you! 

“What’s that? Fitting windows?”

”Hardest game in the world that.”

”I know what I’m talking about too.” 

“Fitted windows 30 years, man and boy.”

311DE022-DEF4-4A9F-9C03-67053FFCA1BC.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

“What’s that? Fitting windows?”

”Hardest game in the world that.”

”I know what I’m talking about too.” 

“Fitted windows 30 years, man and boy.”

311DE022-DEF4-4A9F-9C03-67053FFCA1BC.jpeg

And there you go - the usual shite from the LDL! 😂

Awrite grammar police. I’m on a football forum typing on my phone, not handing in an English essay. 

Just as feckin well.

:wink: 

7 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Damn right I would have, Johan. :thumbsup:

See instead of commenting on my spelling , why don’t you comment on what you thought I said was so wrong. I’m sure you’ve never written something quickly and spelt something wrong👍