Reasons to be cheerful and positive at Hearts

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

After seeing Scotland and Hearts being poor at the moment. Plenty of reasons for being unhappy with how things at Hearts is at the moment, mixed with two week break which means it feels a long time before Hearts play again and a win can happen which might brighten the mood (or a loss which makes things worse.)

As I like to have some optimism to counter the wall of threads on kickback at moment that make you want to jump out a window,

What genuine reasons is there to be cheerful and optimistic about Hearts? 

I'll start with how Hickey and Irvine have done since coming into the team

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Sagan

• jamboinglasgow

I think white will turn out out to be a very shrewd signing.

Walker will score goals.

Hickey and Irving will be key players.

Washington will be a quality addition when not played up top on his own.

whelan is class.

halkett will be a hearts captain of the future, 

Plenty of reasons to be cheerful and positive, Levein ain't any of these reasons.

In fact him leaving would give us many more reasons to be cheerful and positive.

WheatfieldWarrior

Looking forward to the following coming back from injury:

Naismith, Haring, Uche, Souttar, Smith, Walker, Pereira, Garrucio and of course Wighton.

The fans. What they've done over the last few years to help the club grow and how they continue to support the club.  financially and turning up in numbers.

The credit they deserve seems lost in all the negativity.  

We're only two good decisions away from having all we need for success. 

Off the field we're fine, great stadium, fine training facilities, superb fans, decent squad, benefactors...

We're only Levein's sacking and a sound appointment away from having everything to flourish. 

That's what's keeping me going. That and bevvy. 

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

After seeing Scotland and Hearts being poor at the moment. Plenty of reasons for being unhappy with how things at Hearts is at the moment, mixed with two week break which means it feels a long time before Hearts play again and a win can happen which might brighten the mood (or a loss which makes things worse.)

As I like to have some optimism to counter the wall of threads on kickback at moment that make you want to jump out a window,

What genuine reasons is there to be cheerful and optimistic about Hearts? 

I'll start with how Hickey and Irvine have done since coming into the team

Lots in my opinion. I’m as disappointed as anyone else at the start to the league season, but I believe that will improve dramatically, and if it somehow does not, then there will be a personnel change that allows the form to improve. So, that aside:

1) The quality of player in the squad is high. We have signed a fair amount of pedigree, and when they get up to speed, I expect we will see that.

2) The club’s turnover has more than doubled in the last five years. That can give us a fantastic advantage over other clubs in the coming seasons.

3) The recent academy graduates look like fantastic players ability wise. Not all will make it of course, but there looks to be a few gems in there.

4) The stadium is night and day from what it was when we were just out of admin, and we actually look like a proper modern football club at last.

Theres other things in there too, but those are the main ones for me.

Italian Lambretta
29 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

If we EVER have a fully fit squad I’d be very cheerful

Never happen with some of the players we have

2 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Just being a Hearts supporter is enough reason to be cheerful. :smile:

Absolutely correct.  I can have a good moan on here but there is nothing else I'd rather be.

To add to the above list, we have the promise of Meshino and Damour to look forward to.

Coburg Hearts
27 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Absolutely correct.  I can have a good moan on here but there is nothing else I'd rather be.

To add to the above list, we have the promise of Meshino and Damour to look forward to.

We both had to endure the seventies, Doug, so today's travails are a piece of cake in comparison

11 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

We both had to endure the seventies, Doug, so today's travails are a piece of cake in comparison

I particularly remember a pulsating 0-0 draw against Patick in front of 7,000 at Tynecastle.  It was freezing cold and torrential rain.

That was one of our better days. 😂

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

I particularly remember a pulsating 0-0 draw against Patick in front of 7,000 at Tynecastle.  It was freezing cold and torrential rain.

The away days were brilliant though 

Mind when Hibs spoke about new stands, infrastructure and training facilities?

I never gave a **** then and I don’t give a **** now. 

Difference being however, we do have a good squad. A squad I’m confident will start picking up points soon. We have too many good players for this to continue.

18 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Mind when Hibs spoke about new stands, infrastructure and training facilities?

I never gave a **** then and I don’t give a **** now. 

Difference being however, we do have a good squad. A squad I’m confident will start picking up points soon. We have too many good players for this to continue.

We've had better players than our league positions have shown over the  last 3 years. We've gone through how many players now?

The problem isn't the players, it's the coaching staff and the gaffer. 

How people still can't see that is baffling. 

Our anonymous donors are throwing their money down the pan at the moment. 

Get a decent manager in with his own team and back him ffs. 

We're throwing money at a dead dog. 

Edited by Sagan

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Glory hunter. hahaha

baron of ness
33 minutes ago, Sagan said:

We've had better players than our league positions have shown over the  last 3 years. We've gone through how many players now?

The problem isn't the players, it's the coaching staff and the gaffer. 

How people still can't see that is baffling. 

Our anonymous donors are throwing their money down the pan at the moment. 

Get a decent manager in with his own team and back him ffs. 

We're throwing money at a dead dog. 

When were you at Largs.

8 hours ago, Gambo said:

Plenty of reasons to be cheerful and positive, Levein ain't any of these reasons.

In fact him leaving would give us many more reasons to be cheerful and positive.

Spot on

WheatfieldWarrior

Periera

Smith Souttar Berra Hickey

Naismith Whelan Haring Walker 

Washington Ikpeazu

11 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

10 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I had just about erased these days from my memory guys. thanks for reminding me!!! Here goes for another session of therapy. 

Remember scrambling a 3-3 draw with QoS where Gerry McCoy was our saviour? Or players like Stuart Gauld, Bobby Masterton, Lawrie Tierney,  Archie White? 

You've started an avalanche of memories. 😱😱😱😱😱

Back on topic, we’ve a lot of good youngsters (maybe some that are even very good) and we eventually have an infrastructure in place to get maximum benefit from it. We all know the current issues, but they will be overcome one way or another and we will improve. 

The one certainty is things change. We'll start winning again, it may be in the championship if it's not soon 😂 but it will change - the sooner the better 

8 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Periera

Smith Souttar Berra Hickey

Naismith Whelan Haring Walker 

Washington Ikpeazu

That team would not work as demonstrated when we played Ross County at home. Need more width.