An Alternative and Upopular View....

Troon Jambo

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

It’s not complex in any way. The previous poster suggested unrealistic goals for the immediate future 

You pointed out those targets were unrealistic.

i replied. Suggesting the recent hone league results were before the breaking point of most supporters.

You then pretended you didn’t know what was going on. 

You can’t change the past can you? 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• GinRummy

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

You can’t change the past can you? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yeah that’s the point I was making. I’m sort of like God but a Quentin Tarantino fan. 

Bazzas right boot
56 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Craig will need to win the next 10 games to get the majority off fans on board 

Aye, but if he loses the next one, folk will be slavering, again. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Theyre not slavering though. They’re reacting to 10 months of poor results. 

They are hearts fans rather than Craig Levein fans. 

30 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

And that’s a great point. The feeble surrender every single trip to parkhaad or Ibrox is disheartening to th extreme 

We do have them at home this time but i don't see that making much of a difference when you look at our recent performances against Ross County and Hamilton 

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Wow !

You think they’ll be applauded off the park if we lose to Motherwell ?

2 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

They have re-grouped well after last Saturday. 

Was on the beach last Saturday. Didn’t need to regroup with anyone or anything. Never met Cruyf but like his sensible and objective style on here. Disagree with a very large amount of what Tosh says on here, and wouldn’t know him from Adam if I was standing next to him in the boozer on match day. 😄

11 hours ago, GinRummy said:

This is what I just don’t get. Nobody is happy. Why are some people on kickback so upset by any criticism of CL’s awful record?

Because they are in fact the “dafties”!!!

4 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

They have re-grouped well after last Saturday. 

It did take them a good few days to bounce back from the Hamilton debacle!

😂

6 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

So that will make it 12 league games without a win......and you’ll still be slavering your excuses for Levein!

27 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So that will make it 12 league games without a win......and you’ll still be slavering your excuses for Levein!

Its unbelievable that he can still come out with that sh1te. 

Weakened Offender
10 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It's also irrelevant but thanks for sharing.

I imagine it was quite relevant to the employees.

44 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Defending the indefensible. 

Amazing... a late night post, poorly written and not making much sense gets 4200 views 😀

After sifting through the responses, it is good to see a fair few Jambos feel like I do. It might not be great today but it could be worse. The optimist in me says that there is great potential and I retain a bit of faith in the process. 

My main point and question of fellow fans would be that it’s ok to say you don’t like the current product on the field, results are bad and we are way below expectation, but given the reigns and working within the financial realities of the club, what would you do to make it better? Who would you bring in and what would they change? 

I retain belief and don’t think there is a better solution other than a bit of confidence, luck and momentum. I don’t accept mediocrity but I also fear that things would get worse and not better. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

That's not I said at all. 

Quite the whole paragraph. 

Poor, even by your standards. 

5ou should get a job for the BBC with spin like that. 

29 minutes ago, Troon Jambo said:

Amazing... a late night post, poorly written and not making much sense gets 4200 views 😀

After sifting through the responses, it is good to see a fair few Jambos feel like I do. It might not be great today but it could be worse. The optimist in me says that there is great potential and I retain a bit of faith in the process. 

My main point and question of fellow fans would be that it’s ok to say you don’t like the current product on the field, results are bad and we are way below expectation, but given the reigns and working within the financial realities of the club, what would you do to make it better? Who would you bring in and what would they change? 

I retain belief and don’t think there is a better solution other than a bit of confidence, luck and momentum. I don’t accept mediocrity but I also fear that things would get worse and not better. 

Entirely this. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
40 minutes ago, Troon Jambo said:

Reality is that we are profitable and have the 4th biggest wage bill in the league, yet this season we have struggled to beat lower tier opposition and been outplayed by teams with much fewer resources in our two home league games.

We need to change the manager pronto.

The Ops point is valid in the sense that off the pitch she has brought her own business skills in place and improved the business model no end. Her buying the club was her choice but we should always be eternally grateful for what she did. She saved the club and in my view has had more right with the off field stuff than wrong, that’s for sure 

that said, she shouldn’t have employed any one individual and especially when that same person would be given full autonomy running the football side of things (this shouldn’t have just been CL but ANYONE else as well)

someone independent, and who knows football, especially the Scottish game, should have been at her side, from day 1, and when she bought the club and gave her independent guidance and a steer in terms of How to run the football side. Good comes along with the bad when running a business unfortunately, and when you have a baying fan base at the end of every decision that she makes, this would have helped her, and gave her someone to lean on, and without all the emotion involved, especially in times of adversity, and who wasn’t necessarily in the spotlight themselves  

Like I said, this would be exactly the same mistake made if she had appointed the likes of Gary Locke, JJ, McCann, Robbo, or any other true Jambo you could think of, to All of the roles that Craig has held to date 

doesn’t matter who it would have been (this isn’t the point) but Ann’s “advisor” and trusted confidant should never have been appointed as DOF and manager and been a board director in the first place. 

7 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

The Ops point is valid in the sense that off the pitch she has brought her own business skills in place and improved the business model no end. Her buying the club was her choice but we should always be eternally grateful for what she did. She saved the club and in my view has had more right with the off field stuff than wrong, that’s for sure 

that said, she shouldn’t have employed any one individual and especially when that same person would be given full autonomy running the football side of things (this shouldn’t have just been CL but ANYONE else as well)

someone independent, and who knows football, especially the Scottish game, should have been at her side, from day 1, and when she bought the club and gave her independent guidance and a steer in terms of How to run the football side. Good comes along with the bad when running a business unfortunately, and when you have a baying fan base at the end of every decision that she makes, this would have helped her, and gave her someone to lean on, and without all the emotion involved, especially in times of adversity, and who wasn’t necessarily in the spotlight themselves  

Like I said, this would be exactly the same mistake made if she had appointed the likes of Gary Locke, JJ, McCann, Robbo, or any other true Jambo you could think of, to All of the roles that Craig has held to date 

doesn’t matter who it would have been (this isn’t the point) but Ann’s “advisor” and trusted confidant should never have been appointed as DOF and manager and been a board director in the first place. 

I don't think she's made many mistakes leaving the first team aside right now and, to be fair to CL, his input has been crucial. 

On 07/09/2019 at 05:27, Troon Jambo said:

The squad was a great one we couldn’t afford and it led us to disaster. We had a couple great results that will never be forgotten but ultimately better to have a few shite ones and retain a healthy club. Patronizing shite? Maybe? I don’t know better than anyone else... but what would you do if it was your money? Who would you hire to lead us? Cameron? McCann? Robbo? Who can actually have a chance of getting us to the next level?

The disaster was built up years before vlad took over, he just speeded up the process, thankfully we weathered the storm and got through it.

9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's not I said at all. 

Quite the whole paragraph. 

Poor, even by your standards. 

5ou should get a job for the BBC with spin like that. 

To be fair that one is very poor by your standards Smithie! 😉

8 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Nailed it! 👍

20 hours ago, Sagan said:

I was thinking more or less the same just before you posted. 

Not so much about the OP but long drawn out posts in general.

I can rarely be arsed reading them. 

You and i8.

Great minds think alike 😂

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

The disaster was built up years before vlad took over, he just speeded up the process, thankfully we weathered the storm and got through it.

We didn't weather the storm we went into administration.

If it hadn't been for Mrs Budge we would have been liquidated. 

We would now be operating as Heart of Gorgie or something similar in the lower leagues.

People should be careful what they wish for imo.

30 minutes ago, luckydug said:

We would now be operating as Heart of Gorgie or something similar in the lower leagues.

Aye bud.

32 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Through a combination of Ann Budge, Bryan Jackson and the fans, of course we weathered the storm - if we hadn’t HMFC would not exist!

4 hours ago, tcjambo said:

I don't think she's made many mistakes leaving the first team aside right now and, to be fair to CL, his input has been crucial. 

God forbid what may have happened if she hadn’t came along and I would fully agree with you in that she has got more decisions right than wrong 

I still don’t think anyone advising her and whom she is putting her full trust into, should be anywhere near the football club, at present,  whether that was CL, or anyone else, is far more relevant. That’s for her own benefit

In respect of what she now does, moving forward, and changes she may feel she has to make, possibly in terms of the first team, this may be causing her sleepless nights and that shouldn’t ever have been the case 

Through a combination of Ann Budge, Bryan Jackson and the fans, of course we weathered the storm - if we hadn’t HMFC would not exist!

Would the fans have been able to raise enough money to buy the shares ?

In the time required of course.

22 minutes ago, kila said:

OP has put a lot of hope in that everything will just click soon. But what if it doesn't? Do Hearts have a contingency plan for what happens next?

Wouldn't worry about that.  We're on the cusp of being a good team.

Then the conveyor belt of players and coaches will keep us at the top.

50 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Would the fans have been able to raise enough money to buy the shares ?

In the time required of course.

No but Ann Budge did not commit to buying the Club until there was a commitment from the fans to pay her back through the FoH.

Bryan Jackson was also a vital cog in the wheel.

42 minutes ago, Coco said:

Wouldn't worry about that.  We're on the cusp of being a good team.

Then the conveyor belt of players and coaches will keep us at the top.

Is John Daly on that conveyor belt? 🤔

Geoff Kilpatrick
11 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Like the cabbage on Crackerjack!

On 07/09/2019 at 06:34, grumpy rebus said:

I am not sure I agree with everything you said, but the bit about building for the long term resonates. Above all, Ann Budge is a shrewd businesswoman, so she’ll know that sometimes you need a period of stability (possibly seen as stagnation by some) before you can move forward again. While I don’t like the current situation, I don’t think that she is being negligent by leaving CL in place. I think, and hope, it is part of the long term vision. Anyone remember when Fergie was struggling at Man U and, allegedly, one game from the sack? Bet Man U are glad they took a slightly longer term view than the fans were demanding at the time. I am not saying that we will dominate like they did, but sometimes you need to play the long game (no pun intended). I think part of the problem is that if, as I suspect, this is the consolation period and we are expecting a surge soon, it has to be shared with the fans. And in a manner that is not purely “business speak” but put into a sporting context. 

Then again, I may be completely wrong and we are simply struggling and need wholesale changes. But be careful what we wish for.......

IMO the real problem is that there is absolutely no evidence that things will change. The tactics are terrible, our playing style is terrible, the players look exhausted after 60mins and they don't appear to be working as a cohesive whole. It has been the same situation since after the winter break in 2019. 

Yes, we will probably win a couple of games in the coming weeks but I'm just not convinced about the current set up. Players are getting unnecessarily injured and they frankly look disinterested. Reports on here as to the players' disliking of the coaching staff (whether true or not I don't know) is disconcerting. Everything leads back to the same conclusion, CL et al have to leave. We are not moving forward. We won't be in Europe next year at this rate. Time for wholesale management changes. 

Sorry 7268mm you are right,the trio were the boys back in the day.we will name them after the famous Wimbledon team aka vinny Jones and the famous crazy gang lol

3 hours ago, kila said:

OP has put a lot of hope in that everything will just click soon. But what if it doesn't? Do Hearts have a contingency plan for what happens next?

So has Anne and Craig 

If it was gonna click it would've clicked by now 

3 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

God forbid what may have happened if she hadn’t came along and I would fully agree with you in that she has got more decisions right than wrong 

I still don’t think anyone advising her and whom she is putting her full trust into, should be anywhere near the football club, at present,  whether that was CL, or anyone else, is far more relevant. That’s for her own benefit

In respect of what she now does, moving forward, and changes she may feel she has to make, possibly in terms of the first team, this may be causing her sleepless nights and that shouldn’t ever have been the case 

I think she notes our under-performance and will expect to see a dramatic improvement in the coming games or I agree that CL will have done as much as he can as manager and needs to step aside.

Just wait until Foxy steps up!

From nearly taking Cowdenbeath out of the leagues to head coach at Hearts!  What a story he'll have

1 minute ago, Coco said:

Just wait until Foxy steps up!

From nearly taking Cowdenbeath out of the leagues to head coach at Hearts!  What a story he'll have

All part of Levein’s pie in the sky Boot room succession plan - doomed to failure!

On 07/09/2019 at 10:08, 7628mm said:

Alternatively it is obvious he is not employed to post on this board by the club, which cannot be said of some posters on JKB

Is that true?

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Is that true?

Yeah, it’s a fair cop. I’m employed to post on JKB by HMFC. Feels better getting that off my chest. 😬

16 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yeah, it’s a fair cop. I’m employed to post on JKB by HMFC. Feels better getting that off my chest. 😬

Wow that’s a relief - we all thought you were part of the LDL lunatic fringe!  😉

19 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Put a word in. 👍  

:D

Governor Tarkin
On 07/09/2019 at 18:50, Icon of Symmetry said:

Disagree with a very large amount of what Tosh says on here, and wouldn’t know him from Adam if I was standing next to him in the boozer on match day. 

I know Adam and he's a right ****.

I've never met Tosh, but GtM thinks he might have slept with him at some tennis industry award bash after party in the late nineties / early two thousands.

5 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Like the cabbage on Crackerjack!

:lol:

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I’m employed to post on JKB by HMFC. Feels better getting that off my chest. 

So they say over the road (mind when we used to use 'over the road' to reference the Hibs forum? *sigh*  :().

54 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Wow that’s a relief - we all thought you were part of the LDL lunatic fringe!  😉

“LDL?... hardest game in the world that.”

”I was LDL - thirty years man and boy.”

684DAF37-3982-4F7C-A9F5-0C3727EDFE1D.jpeg

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I know Adam and he's a right ****.

I've never met Tosh, but GtM thinks he might have slept with him at some tennis industry award bash after party in the late nineties / early two thousands.

:lol:

So they say over the road (mind when we used to use 'over the road' to reference the Hibs forum? *sigh*  :().

:lol: cute. 

Yep. To be fair; the new ‘over the road’ and the old green ‘over the road’ are pretty similar anyway. 🤔