An Alternative and Upopular View....

Troon Jambo

26 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Alternatively it is obvious he is not employed to post on this board by the club, which cannot be said of some posters on JKB

Am I employed by the club?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• GinRummy

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Over the last 38 league games he is 3 points better than Gary Locke. 

_108517530_getimage.png

11 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Pardon me for asking but.

How would you know having only been a member for the last 4 years or so?

Were you one of these posters that only read the content of this board to then created a new profile to start posting? 

What was your previous alias as I am sure many of the more mature JKB members will be able to recall it?

Not all new posters come from the other side but some who have been on here a while are.

Fair question. I joined in c2008. This is my second account. Mothy was my original username. First used it on the EEN forums, where I chose the username ‘The Moth’ and the location ‘Petrie’s Wallet’.

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

_108517530_getimage.png

yep he did ok in first season, started great in his second.. but for the last 10 months we’ve been the worst side in the league with one of the strongest squads.. 

6 hours ago, Troon Jambo said:

Imagine after you spent years building a solid and successful international business you are offered the chance to sell it for over $40M. You are set for life and ready to float around the med reaping the rewards of your efforts. Your daughter, who you love dearly has a love of a wee football team in the city you built your business and invites you long to experience a game. You enjoy yourself and return often as it affords a great family bonding experience. A couple years later your wee girl comes in and is very upset. What might she want or need? Boyfriend trouble, wants a pony, needs a loan for a house? What is it? Mum, can you buy Hearts? They are really in a bad spot...

Ann Budge went in her pocket not for a fly tenner but for several million. She saved the club. She followed a man she greatly trusted in Craig Levein and they got out the championship at the first time of asking. Something The Rangers, Hibs and Dundee United could not accomplish. Not only did we get out but we then went on to qualify for Europe the next season. We then built an outstanding new stand without carrying any debt. We have spent around 2-3 years filling Tynecastle in a way we haven't done in recent history, grown revenue streams to record levels and appear to have a Youth Academy bursting with talent and ready to reap rewards. We have a squad unlike any I have seen in my now 34 years of supporting hearts. We can't claim Romanov years as anything other than fantasy as look where it really led us. Naismith, Souttar, Berra, Smith Washington, Whelan all established international players. Walker, Mulraney, Uche, LaMour and Meshino fans favorites in waiting. Hickey, Irving, Cochrane, McDonald and many others as exciting prospects. We have Austin McPhee as the Assistant Manager who is also the NI Assistant a team who simply struggle to lose. Lastly in Levein we have a true Jambo as manager. Many may recall when he was inducted in the HMFC Hall of Fame as the Dundee Utd Manager at the time. His claim...he loved Utd but Hearts will always be his club.

So where am I headed with this...Things are shite on the pitch right now but I truly accept the fact that we are around the corner from a great run simply because we haven't done the typical...this isn't working and changed things up. Look at the fortunes of those who follow that trend...disaster. Who do people will think can fix it? Who can bring in the players Craig has brought to HMFC? Who will be as vested in Hearts, who will Budge trust as much? More importantly, who will be in for the long haul. Bring in a great young manager and go on a 12 game winning run...he will be at a Championship club in England between game 10 and 13. Results are shite, morale is down but if anyone wants to part with 3 Million pounds and pick the person they trust with Heart of Midlothian FC as the true and unequivocal route of their intentions...please write a check to Mrs. A Budge and see what you come up with. Results say a great deal but after what we have been through...I still believe we are in good shape. Final point, I'll never give up and I'll be a Jambo for life whatever the weekly results may be. Good times are ahead, I feel it.

Ann, is that you in there.....? 😂

4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Fair question. I joined in c2008. This is my second account. Mothy was my original username. First used it on the EEN forums, where I chose the username ‘The Moth’ and the location ‘Petrie’s Wallet’.

The absolute state of this place.

Posters having to go round giving out their life story, ffs man, it’s an Internet forum 😂

1 minute ago, DarioHMFC said:

The absolute state of this place.

Posters having to go round giving out their life story, ffs man, it’s an Internet forum 😂

He was directly asked ffs

Just now, Smithee said:

He was directly asked ffs

I’m well aware of that.

People asking each other’s back ground because they might be Hibs or someone they don’t like is ridiculous.

Geoff Kilpatrick
54 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Here’s a wild idea why dont we have the stability that AB has brought alongside a manager who can get way more out the squad.

Doesnt have to be one or the other, we are more set up for long term success under this infrastructure than ever before just not with this manager.

Indeed but I will be honest in that I question how important a winning Heart of Midlothian is to her. Breaking the trophy hoodoo motivated Robinson and Deans and winning motivated Vlad, initially at least. I don't see that hunger from her.

1 minute ago, DarioHMFC said:

I’m well aware of that.

People asking each other’s back ground because they might be Hibs or someone they don’t like is ridiculous.

Don't mean to have a go but slagging ther nick of the forum is one of my least favourite things when all people need to do is not contribute to it. 

The guy was asked, he felt like answering. If you don't want to jump on the merry go round just stay on topic.

Like I'm not doing.

:facepalm:

44 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Yes, I love watching Hearts, always have. 

I shout and scream and ball and get as frustrated as everyone else, but isn't that what Sport is about?

I regularly go to top end EPL games and never feel as alive as I do at Tynecastle.

Win, lose or draw....i Love it.

You had me at feeling alive at Tynecastle 😍 last sentence is what it should be about.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Indeed but I will be honest in that I question how important a winning Heart of Midlothian is to her. Breaking the trophy hoodoo motivated Robinson and Deans and winning motivated Vlad, initially at least. I don't see that hunger from her.

I really don’t think on field success is anywhere near as important to her as building the brand and increasing reputation. 

21 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

_108517530_getimage.png

22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

_108517530_getimage.png

Hold my hands up, I meant the relegation season where we ended with 38 pts (minus reduction). 

Obviousky selective but the last 38 Levein games has gained us 41 points. 

Selective or not, the stats over a long period are sobering. 

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

26 million what?

She had a partner at her IT business. 

The emoloyees also got 6mil of the 40mil sale money. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Sagan said:

She had a partner at her IT business. 

The emoloyees also got 6mil of the 40mil sale money. 

So what?

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So what?

So she pocketed 26mil and not 40 like everyone seems to think. 

Just pointing it out, no need to get stroppy. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Sagan said:

It's also irrelevant but thanks for sharing.

portobellojambo1
47 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

The narrative about us potentially going down is shite but you've created a  narrative that he’s got three games to save his skin? Might that be shite too? Where has the club said that? 

As it happens, I want him out, but I’d reluctantly accept your 3 game narrative. Things is though, if he was to scrape us through the next three games, would everything be rosy in the garden again? Not sure it would to be honest. And what if we lost the next three after those first three?

He needs to go. And go now. For me, it really is that simple. It’s beyond fixable now. Levein is a dead man walking...or he SHOULD be 😡

I genuinely hope you are 100% correct with that. But if you ignore last season's Scottish Cup run (which gained us no league points), and take into account the league form for 2019, as a year, and add that into the way we have started the league this season (played 4 lost two, and drawn two home games against two teams who I believe are vastly inferior to us) then the potential is there that if we continue to replicate that going forward then it could potentially lead to being in the Championship next season. Not good to write, and in your eyes may indeed be shite, but it is a potential possibility.

Edited by portobellojambo1

33 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

A very fair answer.

I was not keen on your posts as Mothy and this continues with you newer incarnation. JKB is all about opinions though.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hold my hands up, I meant the relegation season where we ended with 38 pts (minus reduction). 

Obviousky selective but the last 38 Levein games has gained us 41 points. 

Selective or not, the stats over a long period are sobering. 

I was giving the overall stats. 

Selective stats, miss Cup games, don't account for top 6/ bottom 6 and ofc can be used to make things look worse or better. 

For me, this season is the concern. 

Drew at home v rc and Hamilton - not good enough. 

Defeats at Aberdeen and Celtic, not good but hardly career ending. 

Lc- good recovery after a shake start. 

I think this month decides his fate, we need league wins. 

Even progress to the lc semi can't save him, we need league wins, now. 

2 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

A very fair answer.

I was not keen on your posts as Mothy and this continues with you newer incarnation. JKB is all about opinions though.

Fine by me. I agree, opinions. 👍

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, Sagan said:

The 40m is mentioned in the OP. 

It is but it hardly matters exactly how much ended up in her purse.

Anyway, as I said, thanks for sharing.

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

3 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

Is that a trick question ?

Not really. As anybody who has been near Hearts recently would realise that it’s not a minority that are pi**ed off with the current setup. Most of your comments seem detached from reality.

55 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

If the next 3 do not go well he will resign or be sacked His position would be untenable and the wider fan base would demand it.   Atthe moment it’s creeping towards it. He has just been given significant budget to sign players they won’t sack him just yet. If he wins the next 3 games the world will seem very different and there would be evidence he is getting it right.

55 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

The narrative about us potentially going down is shite but you've created a  narrative that he’s got three games to save his skin? Might that be shite too? Where has the club said that? 

As it happens, I want him out, but I’d reluctantly accept your 3 game narrative. Things is though, if he was to scrape us through the next three games, would everything be rosy in the garden again? Not sure it would to be honest. And what if we lost the next three after those first three?

He needs to go. And go now. For me, it really is that simple. It’s beyond fixable now. Levein is a dead man walking...or he SHOULD be 😡

1 hour ago, 7628mm said:

Alternatively it is obvious he is not employed to post on this board by the club, which cannot be said of some posters on JKB

That reminds me .

My wages are not in yet.

I'm going to phone Ann and get it sorted.☺

25 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Well that just makes her generosity in bailing us out all the more laudable. 👍

19 minutes ago, luckydug said:

That reminds me .

My wages are not in yet.

I'm going to phone Ann and get it sorted.☺

Good luck with that. Vlad picked her up in the submarine and the two of them are living the life in Russia now. 

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I genuinely hope you are 100% correct with that. But if you ignore last season's Scottish Cup run (which gained us no league points), and take into account the league form for 2019, as a year, and add that into the way we have started the league this season (played 4 lost two, and drawn two home games against two teams who I believe are vastly inferior to us) then the potential is there that if we continue to replicate that going forward then it could potentially lead to being in the Championship next season. Not good to write, and in your eyes may indeed be shite, but it is a potential possibility.

I was replying to Elmo PBJ, if you re read both his and my post you’ll see the context      in which my post was made. I happen to think there’s a real possibility of us ending in a playoff place if Levein continues at the helm 👍🏼

49 minutes ago, Elmo said:

If the next 3 do not go well he will resign or be sacked His position would be untenable and the wider fan base would demand it.   Atthe moment it’s creeping towards it. He has just been given significant budget to sign players they won’t sack him just yet. If he wins the next 3 games the world will seem very different and there would be evidence he is getting it right.

Again mate I’ve not seen or heard anything to suggest he’s got the next three games to save his skin. Unless you can provide a source sayin that’s the case, then surely that’s just a narrative/conjecture on your part? 

No arguing by the way, I’m just making the point 👍🏼 

Great OP, PJ1 reply also excellent. 

We have imo two entities in the Club at the moment and that should be the way it is.

Both feed of each other for success. It’s obvious now that one entity is under performing and that, it appears, is impacting on the other.

Both need to be performing at the maximum for each to achieve some semblance of success. If both are successful each will grow. Obviously if one is failing it will drag the other down. 

Right now one entity is unsuccessful that being the football entity, specifically the first team. The consensus from the fans is that the failure lies with the current manager. Ann is now I would imagine mulling over what is the best decision to make. Does she have faith in the other coaches even in a short term basis to move Craig on and install, even on a temporary basis, one of the other coaches as manager whilst we look around for a suitable replacement. 

Now would be the best time for a new manager imo as it gives time for us to move up the table to a more acceptable position before the end of the season.

This would then bring back the success that’s needed to build the Club.  Success breads success. 

I’d love to be a fly on the wall at mealtimes in the Budge household when Mother and Daughter are discussing the current Hearts situation! 

portobellojambo1
25 minutes ago, farin said:

Think it’s a bit early to be talking about relegation myself but it’s telling that it’s being touted so soon into the season. 

Not seen anger like this at games since cathro tbh, & we all know how that ended.

I understand what you are saying, and I agree it is a bit early in the season to be thinking as many are already. But truth is we had a very good start to last season, and there was no real reason early on to believe that things would go pear shaped. You could reverse that I guess and say that we've had a poor start to this season and everything could pick up, but it is a lot harder to see that happening, unless there is a significant change in how we approach games. I still maintain I think we have a good group of players but we are failing to use them correctly. I have seen us play once this season in the manner I think is the way we should be approaching every game and I still can't think why we've moved away from it again. That was the League Cup tie versus Motherwell, if those in the stands can see how much better that was it still frustrates me to be unable to understand why the people in the dugout couldn't see it as well.

That OP is a bit like when you are handed a CV that is 8 pages long. You are just not going to bother are you...I assume another thread of blowing smoke up the arse of Mother Budge.

Good OP

It’s very simple for me.

Craig Levein has 3 games to save his job. Form can turnaround and it has been done before. I hope it happens, but one bad performance in the next 3 and it should be curtains.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Good OP

It’s very simple for me.

Craig Levein has 3 games to save his job. Form can turnaround and it has been done before. I hope it happens, but one bad performance in the next 3 and it should be curtains.

Let's say he saves his job in those games. Does that mean he gets the rest of the season for you?

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

That OP is a bit like when you are handed a CV that is 8 pages long. You are just not going to bother are you...I assume another thread of blowing smoke up the arse of Mother Budge.

:what:

14 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Decent thread, until this.

As usual.

12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I was thinking more or less the same just before you posted. 

Not so much about the OP but long drawn out posts in general.

I can rarely be arsed reading them. 

22 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Let's say he saves his job in those games. Does that mean he gets the rest of the season for you?

No, that would merely relieve a bit of pressure of him and the players.

He’d have to have us in the top 4 by the Winter Break, preferably 3rd. 

Let’s just say, good form needs to be sustained and consistent, we need to see good performances as well. 

We need to look like a top 4 side, not just be lucky to be there.

8 hours ago, Troon Jambo said:

Imagine after you spent years building a solid and successful international business you are offered the chance to sell it for over $40M. You are set for life and ready to float around the med reaping the rewards of your efforts. Your daughter, who you love dearly has a love of a wee football team in the city you built your business and invites you long to experience a game. You enjoy yourself and return often as it affords a great family bonding experience. A couple years later your wee girl comes in and is very upset. What might she want or need? Boyfriend trouble, wants a pony, needs a loan for a house? What is it? Mum, can you buy Hearts? They are really in a bad spot...

Ann Budge went in her pocket not for a fly tenner but for several million. She saved the club. She followed a man she greatly trusted in Craig Levein and they got out the championship at the first time of asking. Something The Rangers, Hibs and Dundee United could not accomplish. Not only did we get out but we then went on to qualify for Europe the next season. We then built an outstanding new stand without carrying any debt. We have spent around 2-3 years filling Tynecastle in a way we haven't done in recent history, grown revenue streams to record levels and appear to have a Youth Academy bursting with talent and ready to reap rewards. We have a squad unlike any I have seen in my now 34 years of supporting hearts. We can't claim Romanov years as anything other than fantasy as look where it really led us. Naismith, Souttar, Berra, Smith Washington, Whelan all established international players. Walker, Mulraney, Uche, LaMour and Meshino fans favorites in waiting. Hickey, Irving, Cochrane, McDonald and many others as exciting prospects. We have Austin McPhee as the Assistant Manager who is also the NI Assistant a team who simply struggle to lose. Lastly in Levein we have a true Jambo as manager. Many may recall when he was inducted in the HMFC Hall of Fame as the Dundee Utd Manager at the time. His claim...he loved Utd but Hearts will always be his club.

So where am I headed with this...Things are shite on the pitch right now but I truly accept the fact that we are around the corner from a great run simply because we haven't done the typical...this isn't working and changed things up. Look at the fortunes of those who follow that trend...disaster. Who do people will think can fix it? Who can bring in the players Craig has brought to HMFC? Who will be as vested in Hearts, who will Budge trust as much? More importantly, who will be in for the long haul. Bring in a great young manager and go on a 12 game winning run...he will be at a Championship club in England between game 10 and 13. Results are shite, morale is down but if anyone wants to part with 3 Million pounds and pick the person they trust with Heart of Midlothian FC as the true and unequivocal route of their intentions...please write a check to Mrs. A Budge and see what you come up with. Results say a great deal but after what we have been through...I still believe we are in good shape. Final point, I'll never give up and I'll be a Jambo for life whatever the weekly results may be. Good times are ahead, I feel it.

All fair points 

The one thing that bothers me about Ann is she sacked Cathro for a better record than Levein currently has.

She is a businesswoman who is letting her personal relationship with Craig cloud her business mind and decisions through some form of loyalty to him

Why does Craig get more time than Cathro? A man he appointed?

Because he's on the board no doubt. Lunacy 

That's why budge gets a hard time from me

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

No, that would merely relieve a bit of pressure of him and the players.

He’d have to have us in the top 4 by the Winter Break, preferably 3rd. 

Let’s just say, good form needs to be sustained and consistent, we need to see good performances as well. 

We need to look like a top 4 side, not just be lucky to be there.

Fair enough.

40 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Good OP

It’s very simple for me.

Craig will need to win the next 10 games to get the majority off fans on board 

11 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Well that's not going to happen. 

We have Rangers and Celtic in that time. Might as well mark them down as 2 losses the now. 

28 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Well the majority of fans need to get a grip if that’s the case because that’s simply unrealistic regardless of who the manager is. 

16 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Well that's not going to happen. 

We have Rangers and Celtic in that time. Might as well mark them down as 2 losses the now. 

And that’s a great point. The feeble surrender every single trip to parkhaad or Ibrox is disheartening to th extreme 

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Well the majority of fans need to get a grip if that’s the case because that’s simply unrealistic regardless of who the manager is. 

Although, home wins against Ross county and Hamilton were entirety realistic 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Although, home wins against Ross county and Hamilton were entirety realistic 

I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make. 

It’s not complex in any way. The previous poster suggested unrealistic goals for the immediate future 

You pointed out those targets were unrealistic.

i replied. Suggesting the recent hone league results were before the breaking point of most supporters.

You then pretended you didn’t know what was going on.