Hello Fresh

jack D and coke

jack D and coke

Anybody used these? 

Have to say I’ve absolutely loved the food, variety is great as well. 

Anyway ive got 3 free boxes to give away worth £30 and some £20 off a box if anybody wants one. I have to give them away by tonight. 

Just need an email address👍🏼

The missus got a free trial from a pal. They were lovely and simple. Didn’t continue though after she saw the calorie count didn’t match up with the diet.

One meal was 1000 calories per portion. :lol: 

I’m sure there’s lower calorie options than the ones she chose so I’d thoroughly recommend them to anyone. 

Got a free box before and agree the food is brilliant and the steps pretty simple to follow.

Some of the recipes are the  quite easy to source and follow the steps on your own. Some less so with quite specific flavourings.

Tried to order another box the other week (another freebie). Got an email to say it had been delivered. And was on our porch. We live in a flat and it wasnt anywhere to be seen. DPD sent a picture of a house which luckily we recognised as being nearby. The picture was meant to be proof of where it was left but the box wasnt in the photo. I found the house, no box anywhere and seemingly nobody in the house either. Weirdly when we chased it up they said it had been signed for by some random surname. If this was the case then why would the delivery driver have taken a photo of the house?

I left it in the hands of the GF but she hasn't chased DPD further. Hello fresh credited us with another box though and have subsequently given us 3 free boxes to dish out to other people.

They aren't exactly easy to get quick deliveries that fit your specific lifestyle so if we had paid for that and were relying on it being your dinner for the week you would be raging.

Edited by hughesie27

41 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Got a free box before and agree the food is brilliant and the steps pretty simple to follow.

Some of the recipes are the  quite easy to source and follow the steps on your own. Some less so with quite specific flavourings.

Tried to order another box the other week (another freebie). Got an email to say it had been delivered. And was on our porch. We live in a flat and it wasnt anywhere to be seen. DPD sent a picture of a house which luckily we recognised as being nearby. The picture was meant to be proof of where it was left but the box wasnt in the photo. I found the house, no box anywhere and seemingly nobody in the house either. Weirdly when we chased it up they said it had been signed for by some random surname. If this was the case then why would the delivery driver have taken a photo of the house?

I left it in the hands of the GF but she hasn't chased DPD further. Hello fresh credited us with another box though and have subsequently given us 3 free boxes to dish out to other people.

They aren't exactly easy to get quick deliveries that fit your specific lifestyle so if we had paid for that and were relying on it being your dinner for the week you would be raging.

DPD driver probably ate like a king that week. 

My wife and I use it a lot.

We both have pretty hectic jobs, I travel a lot. We find the convenience of it great, not having to go to shops for dinner stuff after work. Foods always tasty. 

If we have ever had any problem Hellofresh have also given us extra credit etc...

Used it for a wee while. Thought the meals were always very nice. Sometimes very simple, sometimes a bit of a faff. Had issues with some of the ingredients going off (too short use by dates) and I think that’s what ultimately killed it for us. 

14 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

You ever going to get over that?

I'll take one if it's still going JD&C?

Funnily enough me and the Mrs. were just talking about trying Hello Fresh out. Would you recommend it? How do you find the value?

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, AndyNic said:

I'll take one if it's still going JD&C?

Funnily enough me and the Mrs. were just talking about trying Hello Fresh out. Would you recommend it? How do you find the value?

I’ve still got 3 to send but for some reason it won’t let me send them atm. I’ll try again in a bit. 

As for the food it’s really good. Loads of variety and not bad value after the free box at £30 going forward. 

Its 3 meals for 2 people but you can alter it up to 4 people. The fact it’s delivered and every little ingredient is in the box is perfect for a lazy git like me. 

Had one of their patronising salesman trying to get us on to this a few months ago. Unfortunately for HelloFresh they seem to employ utter bellends to sell their stuff and won't be getting any business off me.

fabienleclerq
4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I’ve still got 3 to send but for some reason it won’t let me send them atm. I’ll try again in a bit. 

As for the food it’s really good. Loads of variety and not bad value after the free box at £30 going forward. 

Its 3 meals for 2 people but you can alter it up to 4 people. The fact it’s delivered and every little ingredient is in the box is perfect for a lazy git like me. 

I'll take one if it's still available? 

12 hours ago, Jeff said:

Had a guy round my door the other day advertising this. How do you get the free boxes? (As a trial obv)

Sound like you just nick them from the front of flat doors.

Much prefer getting a monthly hamper (usually 2 or 3 hampers depending on the deals on that week) from muscle food to fill the freezer then use the variety of meat throughout the month, quality is much higher than supermarket meats and cheaper. 

Combining that with a cupboard full of herbs and spices means that a quick google of recipes on my way home just means I only really need to pick up veggies on the way home. 

• 7 months later...
Sooperstar

Been using this the last few weeks seeing as food is about as exciting as life gets just now. Really enjoying it, had a good number of tasty, easy to cook meals that I wouldn't have had before. Skipping the coming week though as I didn't fancy the options.

Greedy Jambo
On 06/09/2019 at 18:56, jack D and coke said:

Anybody used these? 

Have to say I’ve absolutely loved the food, variety is great as well. 

Anyway ive got 3 free boxes to give away worth £30 and some £20 off a box if anybody wants one. I have to give them away by tonight. 

Just need an email address👍🏼

I'll take a free box as long as i don't have to give them my card details.

Edit: just checked the date on this thread 😂😂

Edited by Space Pirate

jack D and coke
35 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

I'll take a free box as long as i don't have to give them my card details.

Edit: just checked the date on this thread 😂😂

Haha aye was a wee while ago this. Don’t have any free boxes atm but have £20 off a box. You do have to put in card details though whether it’s a free box or not. You can delete straight away though I think. It’s easy to skip weeks too so can just pick and choose when you want the stuff. Made a tremendous teriyaki beef dish tonight.

8A36531A-E435-4ABC-8B56-811A7CBE6027.jpeg

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Haha aye was a wee while ago this. Don’t have any free boxes atm but have £20 off a box. You do have to put in card details though whether it’s a free box or not. You can delete straight away though I think. It’s easy to skip weeks too so can just pick and choose when you want the stuff. Made a tremendous teriyaki beef dish tonight.

8A36531A-E435-4ABC-8B56-811A7CBE6027.jpeg

£20 quid off a box!? How much are they normally? a grand? 

I made the mistake of signing up for graze, free 1st box, free 5th box, I thought it would be great for healthy snacking instead of eating shite but ended up cancelling after the 2nd box cos it was totally not value for money. 

Greedy Jambo

Right, i'm interested. 

I'm on the website, i've gone for the rapid meals, I take it that means they're the quickest to make?

50% discount for the next 4 deliveries, so £14.99 for 3 meals per week for 4 weeks.

Am i doing this right?

Edited by Space Pirate

Greedy Jambo

Free next day delivery but the earliest you can get it is the 19th 🤔

I'll have starved to death by then. 

Edited by Space Pirate

jack D and coke
24 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

£20 quid off a box!? How much are they normally? a grand? 

I made the mistake of signing up for graze, free 1st box, free 5th box, I thought it would be great for healthy snacking instead of eating shite but ended up cancelling after the 2nd box cos it was totally not value for money. 

Normally £30 for 3 meals for 2 people per week. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

Free next day delivery but the earliest you can get it is the 19th 🤔

I'll have starved to death by then. 

They’re busier than normal just now. I had free boxes to give out but they removed that option atm. 

Greedy Jambo
Just now, jack D and coke said:

Normally £30 for 3 meals for 2 people per week. 

And you've got to make it yourself? 

I've just closed the window. 

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

And you've got to make it yourself? 

I've just closed the window. 

:lol: aye