Is it just me or...

Haringshairband

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Similar age, similar outlook, mate. 

Packed in going regularly while Cathro was in charge. Something wasn't clicking any more with going to Tynie. Would love to look forward to the games again.

Are you fed up going to Dobbies? 😁

Been a season ticket holder for more years than i can remember,the last 4 or 5 have been a complete nightmare.not my club anymore,I do miss a Saturday but am determined not to set foot back inside till he is away

You are either going through the men’s pause or got some crazy good looking chick gardening next door?,either will move on soon enough, now down to the serious stuff, you were a bit spoilt as a youngster in Hearts history , you were growing up ,1998 hits, you think , Fokker me, HMFC is what I’ve been missing, this will save me a lot of socks and tissues during the cold nights, a state of smugness ensures your late teens with the maroon cloud in every blue sky, made sure ladies came and went , you got married , btw , she still loves you , no matter how the garden looks, she loves her Jambo, But here’s the bad bit ,I used to think it was a Scottish thing[we know we are schit and hopefully get a result against whoever] but the truth of the matter is........ aw ffs I thought you meant epiphany 😄

FTH

Win, lose or draw I always look forward to the next game. In fact when we play crap and/or lose I always want the next game to come round more quickly so that we can try and rectify it.

I hate the international break and the close season; not having a Hearts game to look forward to.

Despite being disappointed more often than delighted or surprised in my near 40 years watching Hearts, I’ve never lost the excitement of going to games.

We’ve had so many ups and downs over the years, but it’s all part and parcel of supporting our great club. 

2 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

It is more frustration than apathy with me. Frustration that Craig Levein is being given so much time to turn things around, time any other man in the hot seat wouldn't have the luxury off. 

I just can't see things getting a whole lot better even when the injury situation improves. Maybe that is a feeling of apathy setting in on my part. 

You just may be correct. lol

Apathy is defined as diminished motivation not attributable to decreased level of consciousness, cognitive impairment, or emotional distress.1 Depression involves considerable emotional distress, evidenced by tearfulness, sadness, anxiety, agitation, insomnia, anorexia, feelings of worthlessness and hopelessness, and recurrent thoughts of death.2 Traditional diagnostic nomenclature and measures of depression, including the DSM-IV2 and the Hamilton Rating Scale for Depression (Ham-D),3 treat apathy as an aspect of depression, but it may be a discriminable clinical construct that requires a different approach to treatment in some patients.4–7 Marin et al.7 evaluated patients with Alzheimer’s disease (AD), stroke, and major depression by using the Apathy Evaluation Scale8 and the Ham-D. They found that the relationship between apathy and depression varied among diagnostic groups. Apathy and depression were significantly correlated within groups, although absolute levels of apathy and depression varied considerably. Alzheimer’s disease patients frequently had high apathy and low depression scores, whereas patients with left hemisphere stroke or major depression frequently had high depression with low apathy scores.

Sometimes hope is all that's left but even that's non existant while it's Levein's club. 

Anger and frustration has been my position for a while but apathy is beginning to surface. Ann Budge is not doing her best by the club whilst keeping him in control. It becomes more difficult by the day to back this appalling farce.  

I want him out. 

Completely. 

Now. 

3 minutes ago, martoon said:

Sometimes hope is all that's left but even that's non existant while it's Levein's club. 

Anger and frustration has been my position for a while but apathy is beginning to surface. Ann Budge is not doing her best by the club whilst keeping him in control. It becomes more difficult by the day to back this appalling farce.  

I want him out. 

Completely. 

Now. 

“But we are only four games into the season, I have not given up hope yet. I should probably say: watch this space. I am confident both Edinburgh clubs will be fighting for a spot in Europe at the end of the season." 

- Ann Budge

He's gonna be here for a while yet mate, might as well tune out and stick fifa on for a few months. 

I threatened not to renew last season because of Levein, but i caved in and renewed again. Ive thrown my season ticket in a drawer and wont attend another game until he's gone. I just can't go and watch that anymore it ruins my weekend, and makes me grumpy for days. If its not good for you give it up. Each to their own though 

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, Gavman81 said:

See I used to get like this mate and just can’t be beithered anymore which is what is worrying me and I guess where the OP is coming from. Dare I say it, even the cup final last season was quite, well, meh. 

I just always think the bad times make the special times even more special!

I also think change is afoot!

All roads lead to Gorgie
22 minutes ago, JohnB said:

You just may be correct. lol

Apathy is defined as diminished motivation not attributable to decreased level of consciousness, cognitive impairment, or emotional distress.1 Depression involves considerable emotional distress, evidenced by tearfulness, sadness, anxiety, agitation, insomnia, anorexia, feelings of worthlessness and hopelessness, and recurrent thoughts of death.2 Traditional diagnostic nomenclature and measures of depression, including the DSM-IV2 and the Hamilton Rating Scale for Depression (Ham-D),3 treat apathy as an aspect of depression, but it may be a discriminable clinical construct that requires a different approach to treatment in some patients.4–7 Marin et al.7 evaluated patients with Alzheimer’s disease (AD), stroke, and major depression by using the Apathy Evaluation Scale8 and the Ham-D. They found that the relationship between apathy and depression varied among diagnostic groups. Apathy and depression were significantly correlated within groups, although absolute levels of apathy and depression varied considerably. Alzheimer’s disease patients frequently had high apathy and low depression scores, whereas patients with left hemisphere stroke or major depression frequently had high depression with low apathy scores.

I would have to say apathy and depression is one of the same following the club right now. Coming down from the high of thinking it was onward and upward on the pitch and we were on the verge of sustained success is a sobering experience. It can still happen with the right manager and that keeps my interest going. The sooner change happens the better. 

gorgie al 1960
3 hours ago, Haringshairband said:

Is anyone else starting to feel a real apathy towards our club. I still pledge but I'd choose to do something else on a Saturday afternoon now. I'll be doing my garden when we play Motherwell after th international break and doing odd jobs around the house to keep the Mrs happy rather than go to games. I'm in my mid 30s and this is the first time I've felt like this. Until Levein is removed from his position  I don't see me getting excited for a game.

just stay there mate - you have no idea what a bad spell is like as a newbie so start watching a different sport - Jesus if us older guys had done the same where would this club be

2 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

90% of 1227. The day the board of any professional sports team acts on these numbers will be the beginning of the end for said sports team.

90% of FOH contributors? Probably.

90% of season ticket holders. Definitely.

Pollsters would say our of sample, considering its Hearts fans, is way over the average poll. Try putting that to a vote ya Levein Defence League member.

2 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

90% of 1227. The day the board of any professional sports team acts on these numbers will be the beginning of the end for said sports team.

90% of FOH contributors? Probably.

90% of season ticket holders. Definitely.

If JBK has say 10,000 members and 1227 vote your looking at a 3•5% of error. So there you go unless your saying JKB aren't a true sample of Hearts fans.

Well are you ?

53 minutes ago, Sagan said:

“But we are only four games into the season, I have not given up hope yet. I should probably say: watch this space. I am confident both Edinburgh clubs will be fighting for a spot in Europe at the end of the season." 

- Ann Budge

He's gonna be here for a while yet mate, might as well tune out and stick fifa on for a few months. 

Terrible at fifa. 

I'll have to dig out the old Subbuteo stuff. I was unplayable at that...

...back in around 1981/82. :)

Keep the faith people I am a 70 year old st holder but don't do away games now due to health reasons I have seen some rubbish over the years but always feel that the good times are not far away and will continue to attend as long as I able because I love the Hearts.

Ricardo Quaresma

When are these low post count pests going to be dealt with?

Even the hibbys wouldn't put up with these poisonous twerps

6 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

When I was younger a Hearts defeat or bad performance really scunnered my entire week but last few years I’m gutted at the final whistle but half an hour later I’ve forgotten about it 

This