Is it just me or...

Haringshairband

Haringshairband

Is anyone else starting to feel a real apathy towards our club. I still pledge but I'd choose to do something else on a Saturday afternoon now. I'll be doing my garden when we play Motherwell after th international break and doing odd jobs around the house to keep the Mrs happy rather than go to games. I'm in my mid 30s and this is the first time I've felt like this. Until Levein is removed from his position  I don't see me getting excited for a game.

I have been following Hearts since 1967.  The year of Goal Avg vs Goal Diff.  I am acclimatized to mediocrity.   My DD to FOH is still active.

HHGH and FTH 

I do see the Op’s point. Folk at the last two home games really didn’t seem that bothered at full time. You’re just resigned to rubbish these days. 

Haringshairband
1 minute ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

You are that apathetic you're starting threads on a fans message board.   :teehee:

:lol: That's a fair point but I like this wee Hearts community. Think I'm just fed up with the current structure.

1 minute ago, Gavman81 said:

I do see the Op’s point. Folk at the last two home games really didn’t seem that bothered at full time. You’re just resigned to rubbish these days. 

True. 

Still better than doing the ****** garden though. 😋

I don't live in Edinburgh anymore but used to try and get back up as often as I could for games and watch as many others as I could online. Cost me a fortune but felt worth every penny.

I tend not to bother now unless I'm home for something else. 

12 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

Is anyone else starting to feel a real apathy towards our club. I still pledge but I'd choose to do something else on a Saturday afternoon now. I'll be doing my garden when we play Motherwell after th international break and doing odd jobs around the house to keep the Mrs happy rather than go to games. I'm in my mid 30s and this is the first time I've felt like this. Until Levein is removed from his position  I don't see me getting excited for a game.

You’ve not fully chucked it until you take the Mrs to IKEA on a Saturday afternoon. 

Haringshairband

I'm sure I'll find the passion again but right now it feels like a relationship that has gone stale and you're not getting your hole. 

1 minute ago, Haringshairband said:

I'm sure I'll find the passion again but right now it feels like a relationship that has gone stale and you're not getting your hole. 

😅

I have found myself strangely subdued at full time of most games this season, although to be fair I was buzzing leaving Fir Park.

Regardless of how scunnered I feel, I will lose my shit if we lose at ER. The day I stop caring about beating or getting beat by Hibs is the day I jack it in.

Many won’t admit it but I think a decent amount of fans are , or have,  become apathetic. 

A long run of poor results do that to most football supporters. People will say you can’t keep harping back and retaining last season in your mind but they are kidding themselves on.

Its human nature to be apprehensive of what lies ahead, certainly in the form of a football fan, if what went before has been indifferent for a long time.  

I , like many , have had the period of getting the chin up, making believe in my head it’ll turn around.  It’s been a long period at that. 

Past that now.  It’s up to the squad and management to regain the faith and quickly. 

Jambof3tornado
26 minutes ago, Gavman81 said:

Clearly didnt follow me out the wheatfield stand.  i was fekkin raging and had a tourette's esque outburst for about 15 minutes!!!

3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Clearly didnt follow me out the wheatfield stand.  i was fekkin raging and had a tourette's esque outburst for about 15 minutes!!!

See I used to get like this mate and just can’t be beithered anymore which is what is worrying me and I guess where the OP is coming from. Dare I say it, even the cup final last season was quite, well, meh. 

53 years and counting and even in far darker times on the playing front than now and I've never felt apathy where the Heart Of Midlothian are concerned.

Edited by John Findlay

All roads lead to Gorgie

It is more frustration than apathy with me. Frustration that Craig Levein is being given so much time to turn things around, time any other man in the hot seat wouldn't have the luxury off. 

I just can't see things getting a whole lot better even when the injury situation improves. Maybe that is a feeling of apathy setting in on my part. 

alwaysthereinspirit
50 minutes ago, Gavman81 said:

"Resigned to rubbish" Now its just getting sillier on here. 

1 hour ago, Haringshairband said:

Maybe just me but at 3 on a Saturday doing my garden wouldn’t even enter my head. 

Feel the same just can't be bothered going anymore watching dross on the pitch also like sitting in a library!! Money better spent in the boozer!!🙊🇱🇻🇱🇻

Look forward to the pub before and after tbh. I just expect the football to be brutal under Levein . There probably will come a time under him when we will just stay in the pub.

still hope for wins but they are so rare now I really don’t expect anything. I’ve been to a few away games and going to the derby.

anythings better than being in the hoose or getting dragged to the shops by the Mrs. 

4 minutes ago, Jammy cokes said:

Feel the same just can't be bothered going anymore watching dross on the pitch also like sitting in a library!! Money better spent in the boozer!!🙊🇱🇻🇱🇻

I will go to all the home games only because of my Season Ticket and meeting up with the lads before and after 

the game in our club. I would never blame anyone for not going to Tynie never mind not going to away games.

Edited by mitch41

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Jammy cokes said:

Maybe drag levein along to the pub!!🤣🤣🍻

That would kill any atmosphere in said pub😉

I generally go to games these days to meet up with my mates, only chance I get really with work. If that was to be taken from me I’m not sure I’d bother tbh 

The White Cockade

When I was younger a Hearts defeat or bad performance really scunnered my entire week but last few years I’m gutted at the final whistle but half an hour later I’ve forgotten about it 

I wonder if anyone in the club, board members especially, ever read what the fans are thinking on JKB.

When you see these comments about Levein's management and the poll of 90% plus wanting Levein 

sacked as manager you'd think they would act and sack him and bring in a manager who can turn 

things around. 

I wouldn't say that i don't care,  I obviously care enough to start threads on here and go on mad rants,  but it's definitely starting to feel like a bit like a loveless marriage. 

3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I wonder if anyone in the club, board members especially, ever read what the fans are thinking on JKB.

When you see these comments about Levein's management and the poll of 90% plus wanting Levein 

sacked as manager you'd think they would act and sack him and bring in a manager who can turn 

things around. 

Can only hope that they don't.

I get what the OP is saying, I didn’t renew my season ticket this year and decided to just pick and choose games.

However, I ended my joining the local golf club at the weekend which cost me about the same as my season ticket and I’m finding the golf more enjoyable.

Got my tickets for the Hibs and Aberdeen games but it’s all just a bit meh at the moment and I do think apathy has set in.

Up side, you'll have a lovely garden. Get those winter pansies in 👍

alwaysthereinspirit
10 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

things around. 

90% of 1227. The day the board of any professional sports team acts on these numbers will be the beginning of the end for said sports team.

90% of FOH contributors? Probably.

90% of season ticket holders. Definitely.

Rudiscoresagain

I've seen much poorer performances over the years and am thoroughly p***** off if I can't get to a game. Gardening, shopping & the like can be done at anytime.

21 minutes ago, graygo said:

Can only hope that they don't.

Wouldn't matter if she did mate according to her he's doing a wonderful job. Maybe behind the scenes but by god certainly not on the pitch!!

Anybody who supports a Hearts thinking that everything would be a bed of roses just makes me laugh. Even bigger chuckles thinking things are dreadful just now.  

We still have a club and a team to support thanks to people with faith and vision. All I can say is that things on the park will improve no matter what. Have faith. 

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Turning up in hope more than expectation

This. Still turning up though. All things must pass.

Apart from Mo Salah

2 hours ago, Haringshairband said:

Let’s be honest, you can’t be a jambo