Negativity ..... A view from England!

Jambo4Life

7 hours ago, Jambo4Life said:

I never post or give my opinion, because I was born and live in England, so feel that I will be judged! My dad was a huge Jambo and a proud Scotsman, which was drilled into me.

I have put up with the shite over the years, with Scotland and hearts being slagged off, but I wouldn’t have it any other way! I’m proud to support Scotland and the jambos.

I read this forum every day and it’s my main source of information,  as I live in oxford! let’s stop with the negativity, can Levein do better? Yes of course he can, but let’s rewind ... we nearly lost our club and went out of business! 

I just don’t understand the constant shite that the team/manager is getting, admittedly I’m not at match days every week due to the distance, but this used to be somewhere for me to go onto and feel positive about my club, but now I dread reading the posts.

I am prepared to be hammered for my views, but I’ve had enough of the constant ****ing rubbish that’s being posted day in day out. 

HHGH

Dean Veitch 

Your opinion counts even if you lived in the north pole, like any football club , the manager is always the one to take stick when the results go bad.

Wrong or right every fan is allowed an opinion.

7 hours ago, iantjambo said:

How long is this going to be used as an excuse to paper over poor form?

We’ve won 2 league games in our last 18 (that’s half a league season). That is completely unacceptable, whether we almost went under or not.

The fans are perfectly entitled to be pissed off and to voice their frustrations at the shite they’ve been served up lately.

Let that sink in. That form will see us relegated and there is no sign of an upturn. It's as embarrassing a run of results as I can remember due to the possible strength of the squad.

As someone else posted, we were not unlucky to have not beaten Ross C and Hamilton at home, we were extremely lucky not to have been beaten by them. Outplayed at home by garbage like that is worrying.

The international break couldn't have come at a better time for Levein. Another couple of weeks pay before the inevitable hopefully happens.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Admire the optimism from yersel OP, and I was a massive optimist over all things Hearts myself for years...but the grip Levein has over the club has left me deflated at times, raging at times and now apathetic. Which is probably more worrying than anything else. 

We are gash. Have been for a couple of years. A cup run against nobody doesn’t really hide that fact. My ideal scenario was to win the cup and Levein rides off into the sunset with a medal round his neck. It never happened, and here we are a few weeks into the season playing worse...with a better squad than ever ffs. 

His time is done. He’s a dead man walking in my eyes, and nowt will change until he goes. I kind of feel like I’m just treading water with all things Hearts right now, knowing that each day that passes is a day closer to him leaving. I wish it wasn’t like that tho cos alive always liked Levein. But it is. The baws burst. 

As I say though, I admire your optimism tho. Quite telling that you’ve not seen us play in a while, if you had, Im not so sure you’d have started this thread!

Good post 

31 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Let that sink in. That form will see us relegated and there is no sign of an upturn. It's as embarrassing a run of results as I can remember due to the possible strength of the squad.

As someone else posted, we were not unlucky to have not beaten Ross C and Hamilton at home, we were extremely lucky not to have been beaten by them. Outplayed at home by garbage like that is worrying.

The international break couldn't have come at a better time for Levein. Another couple of weeks pay before the inevitable hopefully happens.

The amount of people who seem quite content to gloss over the facts is staggering.

We’re in relegation form. That isn’t opinion, it’s stone cold fact.

9 hours ago, Jambo4Life said:

I never post or give my opinion, because I was born and live in England, so feel that I will be judged! My dad was a huge Jambo and a proud Scotsman, which was drilled into me.

I have put up with the shite over the years, with Scotland and hearts being slagged off, but I wouldn’t have it any other way! I’m proud to support Scotland and the jambos.

I read this forum every day and it’s my main source of information,  as I live in oxford! let’s stop with the negativity, can Levein do better? Yes of course he can, but let’s rewind ... we nearly lost our club and went out of business! 

I just don’t understand the constant shite that the team/manager is getting, admittedly I’m not at match days every week due to the distance, but this used to be somewhere for me to go onto and feel positive about my club, but now I dread reading the posts.

I am prepared to be hammered for my views, but I’ve had enough of the constant ****ing rubbish that’s being posted day in day out. 

HHGH

Dean Veitch 

:facepalm:

Let's be positive about being shit and bottom of the league.  

Can Levein do any worse, should be the question imo.

12 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

The amount of people who seem quite content to gloss over the facts is staggering.

We’re in relegation form. That isn’t opinion, it’s stone cold fact.

4/36 or something 

Gretna went down with more.

1 hour ago, Dalstonjambo said:

I know of not one person who likes Boris. Nor Farage. I think you will find there are people who fawn over the royal family all over the UK. I only know a few people with any strong opinions of them. They all are anti royalist. 

I’ve stood in pubs in southern England and discussed The Tories, Farage, Sturgeon, UKIP, independence and Brexit with locals, some of them friends. Farage, has a great many supporters down there.

6 hours ago, Forza Cuore said:

No. I think he's saying that every single thread is turned into a bitch fest of negativity. 

OP seems to be acknowledging  that criticism is absolutely due at this stage, but maybe it could be kept to the specific threads about CL and or performances.

If that's the point hes trying to make I have to agree. Although we can't keep using we almost lost the club as an excuse. We did, yes, but we do need to see massive improvements. 

These points you make are a job for the site moderators.

Looks like they have a difficult job though as almost every single thread no matter the headline subject drifts off in the same boring direction.

It's got to the point we would be just as well to have one mega thread for all kinds of discussion as they will end up in the same place anyway.😕

12 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I’ve stood in pubs in southern England and discussed The Tories, Farage, Sturgeon, UKIP, independence and Brexit with locals, some of them friends. Farage, has a great many supporters down there.

Of course - my point was the generalisation. I don't doubt people do. The point was 'all of England'. I was pointing out the ridiculousness of saying 'down in England' and then making a sweeping generalisation. 

But tbf the poster said he was being light hearted. So fair enough. 

19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

4/36 or something 

Gretna went down with more.

12/54

42 points dropped in our last 18 games.

Edited by iantjambo

3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

12/54

42 points dropped in our last 18 games.

But but but it is a new season so that resets it seemingly.

6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It's got to the point we would be just as well to have one mega thread for all kinds of discussion as they will end up in the same place anyway.😕

Exactly. You come on here feeling down about results, and think ‘I’ll just try and avoid the threads on that topic’. Nope... every single thread on every single topic that you click on (say something about a really positive off field development) is dragged back to the screeching banal tantrums of the man-babies. It’s unreadable. Same posters every single time without fail. Even when they get banned they just reappear saying the same shit under a new pseudo.

Maiden Gorgie
5 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Admire the optimism from yersel OP, and I was a massive optimist over all things Hearts myself for years...but the grip Levein has over the club has left me deflated at times, raging at times and now apathetic. Which is probably more worrying than anything else. 

We are gash. Have been for a couple of years. A cup run against nobody doesn’t really hide that fact. My ideal scenario was to win the cup and Levein rides off into the sunset with a medal round his neck. It never happened, and here we are a few weeks into the season playing worse...with a better squad than ever ffs. 

His time is done. He’s a dead man walking in my eyes, and nowt will change until he goes. I kind of feel like I’m just treading water with all things Hearts right now, knowing that each day that passes is a day closer to him leaving. I wish it wasn’t like that tho cos alive always liked Levein. But it is. The baws burst. 

As I say though, I admire your optimism tho. Quite telling that you’ve not seen us play in a while, if you had, Im not so sure you’d have started this thread!

Great post, my feelings exactly.

5 hours ago, Snedds76 said:

I don't post that often now mainly because it just just turns into a battle of the keyboard warrior's but for me the it's pretty simple and I've not be a big levein detractor until now. If any other manager in Europe even possibly world football had the points tally he's had in the last 6 months they would've been emptied or resigned way before now and the only reason it's not happened is due to his relationship with Anne Budge and the influence he has over her. 

Bang on the money there 👍

Nobody would have survived that record. 

4 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

As I see it, this season started with a clean slate. Many fans, myself included, felt Craig should knock it on the head and go back upstairs after the cup final. We’ve now had 9 competitive games this season and looked good in one of them, prompting the inevitable calls for change in a more aggressive tone. 

The clean slate probably extended to the start of the league season (after all that slavering that the Betfred was preseason) and the Naismith effect/going 2-1 up at Aberdeen probably had a lot of us thinking the corner was about to be turned. I don’t mind saying a huge part of me being pissed off is due to the fact that, with 15 minutes to go at Pittodrie I was expecting to be on at least nine points at this stage. The fact we’re on 2 and we’re lucky to be on 2 gives me the fear. I don’t think it’s negativity wanting Levein to leave, it’s reality and he’s brought it on himself. 

He has the next 3 games to sort it out, I reckon. Nothing less than 6 points from Motherwell and Hibs, and a Betfred semi is acceptable anymore.

Pretty much word for word my feelings at this time. 👍 I just hope that if things are not going well in the next few games the support wait until end of games to chant for Levein to go, as it was embarrassing during the game. 

Yes we were in a bad place five years ago, but now the club is in stronger financial health than it's EVER been.  That's why it's so frustrating to watch the tactics and negative football adopted by the current management team.  We are massively underachieving.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Not to worry at all, I try not to. And if you didn't I apologise, it came across that way to me. I'd work on your satire though, not sure you'll be making it onto radio 4 political comedy programmes quite yet..

I'm just someone who is disappointed at the way the UK is heading at the moment. And getting a little tired of this 'Scotland didn't vote for XXXX' line. A lot of us down here didn't either and have no choice. Seems to be quite a divisive narrative and not one i'm particularly fond of. Anyway that's for the shed or another thread. 

I agree  100%.

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

We all agree on that. 

Beat Motherwell and Aberdeen we are well placed. 

After Hamilton, its a big ask tho. 

Maybe with guys a bit fitter and a bit more time to gel we'll be Suprised. 

Results are needed tho, fast. 

Defeat to Motherwell at home is unthinkable tbh. 

Yep. More time to get fitter and time to gel is exactly what we need. How about you throw in as soon as Meshino learns the queens English, we’ll be flying !! 

Excuse after excuse. 

8 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

We reached a cup final because we didn’t play anyone of note at any point, it masked an incredibly poor run which has continued.. And to add to it - the football is shockingly bad, utterly boring, the atmosphere has gone sour.. if you are going to play the way we do.. you better ****ing win. 

There is also a hug degree of frustration becuase I think most agree that we have a good squad of players available to us

Sums it up for me ... and agree we have an excellent squad of players

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Getintaethem said:

Yes we were in a bad place five years ago, but now the club is in stronger financial health than it's EVER been.  That's why it's so frustrating to watch the tactics and negative football adopted by the current management team.  We are massively underachieving.

Indeed it is, we have the best squad we’ve had for a while and we’re joint bottom of the league.

SpruceBringsteen

Stopped reading after the "WE NEARLY DIED!!!!!1!" line. It was 5 years ago, and the sum total of things that happened were: we got relegated down one division, and lost several million pounds of crippling debt. All things considered, that's an absolute ****ing result, not a hindrance. Stop making terrible excuses. Thanks.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Stopped reading after the "WE NEARLY DIED!!!!!1!" line. It was 5 years ago, and the sum total of things that happened were: we got relegated down one division, and lost several million pounds of crippling debt. All things considered, that's an absolute ****ing result, not a hindrance. Stop making terrible excuses. Thanks.

Definitely, nobody really mentions starting debt free and having a practically fresh slate to work with.

siegementality
13 hours ago, Jambo4Life said:

HHGH

Dean Veitch 

Sorry mate, but that’s just utter pish. If you dread reading the posts just imagine having to watch the shite the posts are written about!!!

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Hercules said:

Yep. More time to get fitter and time to gel is exactly what we need. How about you throw in as soon as Meshino learns the queens English, we’ll be flying !! 

Excuse after excuse. 

Not an excuse, having played football I know how important it is to be a good team rather than just a collection of individuals. 

It was CL's choice tho to wait as long as he did for these players and we need results, now. 

You can get off your box and calm down. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not an excuse, having played football I know how important it is to be a good team rather than just a collection of individuals. 

It was CL's choice tho to wait as long as he did for these players and we need results, now. 

You must’ve played at a really high level to compare yourself to what’s happening at Hearst’s. I think like most on here, I’ve only played amateur football. As for your last sentence, behave yourself 😂😂

siegementality
32 minutes ago, Hercules said:

You must’ve played at a really high level to compare yourself to what’s happening at Hearst’s. I think like most on here, I’ve only played amateur football. As for your last sentence, behave yourself 😂😂

The “I’ve played football” is a new line being fed from Smiths Right Bollock. It’s going to be up there with Billy Browns “I’ve been place and done things’ very shortly.

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Sigh.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, siegementality said:

The “I’ve played football” is a new line being fed from Smiths Right Bollock. It’s going to be up there with Billy Browns “I’ve been place and done things’ very shortly.

:what:

55 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

What level did you play at?

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

What level did you play at?

Shite level, but team work is important at any level, unless you are saying that team work is not important?

Not sure why a comment about the team gelling and team work has so many folk worked up?

Guys like Whelan, Meshino and Damour have literally just walked in the door. I think with time they'll get better, maybe others don't and don't think teamwork and cohesion is important.

Strange comment for posters to pick up on.

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Shite level, but team work is important at any level, unless you are saying that team work is not important?

Not sure why a comment about the team gelling and team work has so many folk worked up?

Guys like Whelan, Meshino and Damour have literally just walked in the door. I think with time they'll get better, maybe others don't and don't think teamwork and cohesion is important.

Strange comment for posters to pick up on.

Fair enough but it seems to be a ‘thing’ on here now that certain posters are suggesting the average punter does not understand the game because they have not played at the level they have. Those posters go strangely quiet when asked to back up their talk, or even walk through it for us less-informed supporters. 

As you were!

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The problem is this:

Being positive is no substitute for quality coaching, quality players, quality ideas. There’s a myth in football that positivity somehow covers for deficits in those areas. It doesn’t a club levels out in the end.

Nice OP and all but unfortunately, acting like the flower children won’t improve the state we’re in. Binning Levein would.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Fair enough but it seems to be a ‘thing’ on here now that certain posters are suggesting the average punter does not understand the game because they have not played at the level they have. Those posters go strangely quiet when asked to back up their talk, or even walk through it for us less-informed supporters. 

As you were!

Did you read the original comment or just fire in after Hercules got all excited?

It was a gentle reply to another poster who we agreed results cannot continue but with the break and the new olayers gelling, more settled as well as a few guys more match fir we might improve, hope rather than expectation, but possible. 

Then a few posters came crashing in talking about excuses and such and turned it into the usual shit fest. 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The problem is this:

Being positive is no substitute for quality coaching, quality players, quality ideas. There’s a myth in football that positivity somehow covers for deficits in those areas. It doesn’t a club levels out in the end.

Nice OP and all but unfortunately, acting like the flower children won’t improve the state we’re in. Binning Levein would.

Your last line is in no way guaranteed, tho. 

Pretty sure folk said the exact same thing about Robbie. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Your last line is in no way guaranteed, tho. 

Pretty sure folk said the exact same thing about Robbie. 

We’re so shite under Levein that there’s really no risk

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
16 hours ago, Jambo4Life said:

HHGH

Dean Veitch 

Hou don’t need to apologise for that mate, in fact it’s great when people outside Edinburgh/Scotland support Hearts because like you their father did or like

me because Im originally from Edin and my dad got me into them too

I know from living down south for 23 years how easy it could be to lose interest in hearts and Scottish fitba and just follows a Man U or Liverpool like all the other glory hunters. Probably something that will be even more of an issue for youngsters living outside Scotland nowadays given how much the EPL has grown and the disdain towards our game from sky/bbc 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
12 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

England voted in Boris and guys like Tommy Sheridan, Farrage have hero status. 

Folk also piss their pants and fawn over the thought of the Royal family. 

Don't worry too much about their general views. There's so thing in the water down their. Same water as in Govan, one might assume. 

JKB isn't a nice place for any Hearts fan. 

If you defend the team and manager you get dogs abuse. 

If you slag them, call them losers and single out players for a ripping, that somehow means you care, not too forget about stop going to the games. That means you really, really care-apparently. 

Also repeating it across every thread means you care, but sticking broadly to the subject, being balanced and maybe even positive is rounded on. 

The home games have been different up until the Hamilton game, when sections did turn nasty for the first time, expected since  the two draws and justified in a way. 

For perspective, Our two defeats this season have been to Aberdeen and Celtic.  We are also still in the cup. 

Lol, the state of Glasgow the other week as proddys fought with Tims. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

There are no words for that shite tbh. 

Folk fighting for unification / freedom of another country v folk that want thier own country run by the country the others are fighting against. 

All carried out in a country none of them give a **** about, but live in. 😭

Needs to be seen to be believed. 

On 06/09/2019 at 03:26, Jambo4Life said:

HHGH

Dean Veitch 

You're a sap. Do you know what that means down in England?

Edited by RudiHMFC

Geoff Kilpatrick

Posts like the OPs are hilarious. It can be paraphrased as "I want to feel proud of my football club but people say we're shite and that upsets me".

The truth is never mean, OP.

6 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Posts like the OPs are hilarious. It can be paraphrased as "I want to feel proud of my football club but people say we're shite and that upsets me".

The truth is never mean, OP.

What a condescending post. Actually Geoff, it’s just his opinion, and it’s nice to read it. All about opinions after all.