Austin interview........Next first team coach......?

Section Q

16 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Please God no. He has to shoulder a fair bit of the blame at the mess we’re in. Surely to **** we have to be more ambitious than him ????

What's best for Hearts isn't the issue. It's what's best for Levein. Every move we make, every appointment etc. must suit Craig and do nothing to undermine his involvement in whatever capacity. 

I fear we can get a lot worse and Ann Budge still won't act. 

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• innerjambo

• Pasquale for King

• Boab

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Psychedelicropcircle

Talking of high pressure games then jobbies it against the mighty RC & HA! Is this called lip servicing oneself?

10 minutes ago, Locky said:

Not great, not bad either. 2 of those 3 were in 17/18, when Hibs were flying under Lennon and we were fragile. Since then we've lost 1 of 6.

Is that really how it works though? If so, surely McPhee is as much to blame as Levein?

Levein is reportedly only with the team two days a week. I would think it unlikely that Levein pops in and ruins all Austins good work so aye, McPhee should shoulder some of the blame and be emptied.

4 hours ago, Section Q said:

Wow - the EEN just wrote up his CV for him!

That's definitely a piece designed to put across to fans that he knows his stuff and has experience - IMO that's definitely an application for the top job...

2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

There should be no more interviews from employees at Hearts till we win a game. 

Waiting for Christmas?  :waiting:

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, martoon said:

What's best for Hearts isn't the issue. It's what's best for Levein. Every move we make, every appointment etc. must suit Craig and do nothing to undermine his involvement in whatever capacity. 

Spot on.

1 hour ago, Cut The Crap said:

You've missed out his "achievements" at Hearts.

Has played an integral role in us finishing 5th, 6th, and 6th in the past three seasons and in our current position joint bottom of the table.

Glad someone posted this.

There was excitement when he joined based on his experience. Since joining we've been utter guff. Can't put the blame on him completely but ultimately if does have influence at the moment then it's clearly not a good influence. If he doesn't have much influence then his much vaunted experience is fairly meaningless isn't it?

7 minutes ago, martoon said:

100%

Would this not just be Cathro mark 2?

The only difference being that we are promoting an assistant at the club rather than one from somewhere else?

No more rookie managers and coaches.

Apart from Levein, are all our coaches in the first jobs as one?

Nelly Terraces

Would absolutely piss myself laughing if he gets the manager gig & no medals Craig goes upstairs. Can totally see this happening.

Big question would be; Wonder if you'll be able to see the strings on McPhee if it does??

Edited by Nelly Terraces

22 minutes ago, Locky said:

Not great, not bad either. 2 of those 3 were in 17/18, when Hibs were flying under Lennon and we were fragile. Since then we've lost 1 of 6.

Is that really how it works though? If so, surely McPhee is as much to blame as Levein?

I think he is yes, and I think it would be much more of the same if McPhee gets the gig.

11 minutes ago, martoon said:

Seems to be the case, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

If CL returned to DOF and AM was manager and nothing changed this place would burst into flames.

Id like to know how much responsibility Austin has for our current malaise to be honest 

I wonder what's happened to that report on the football department. 

11 minutes ago, martoon said:

This is what an increasing amount of people think. If he himself wanted the right thing for Hearts he would clear his desk and walk away. The way it's going if we fail to win versus motherwell and lose to aberdeen things are going to turn very nasty very quickly. The support have had enough.

33 minutes ago, martoon said:

Spot on. 

24 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Would absolutely piss myself laughing if he gets the manager gig & no medals Craig goes upstairs. Can totally see this happening.

Big question would be; Wonder if you'll be able to see the strings on McPhee if it does??

Would be genuinely funny to see the usual “Big Picture” crowd on here tie themselves in knots trying to justify it. 

Going by JKB these days, negativity breeds negativity.  I shall return under my boulder until something good occurs.

:sadrobbo:

Absolute Scenes
35 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

The medals chat is chronic hibs patter, no need for a hearts "fan" to use that as a beating stick. Poor stuff

31 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

This is what an increasing amount of people think. If he himself wanted the right thing for Hearts he would clear his desk and walk away. The way it's going if we fail to win versus motherwell and lose to aberdeen things are going to turn very nasty very quickly. The support have had enough.

We’ve got Hibs before the sheep !

37 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Hibs patter. 

I don’t know how Austin would do as manager but he doesn’t strike me as manager material. 

If it’s anyone at Hearts, it should be Andy Kirk. 

45 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

No danger he’s done anything of note to suggest he would be the right person for the role.  

Neither had Robbie or Leiven..

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

I don’t know how Austin would do as manager but he doesn’t strike me as manager material. 

Based on what? Quiet as a moose and certainly not manager or leadership material?

Just now, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Based on what? Quiet as a moose and certainly not manager or leadership material?

Based on the fact he’s manager of the reserves and done well. 

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Based on the fact he’s manager of the reserves and done well. 

Trust me I speak to him on a weekly basis, he would tell you himself he is nowhere near ready for a gig like that!!

3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

I just don't want to think about the possibility of McPhee becoming manager or First Team Coach.

Why. Genuine question

3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I agree, if anyone in the current set up were to get the gig, Andy Kirk would be a decent shout. 

Just now, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Trust me I speak to him on a weekly basis, he would tell you himself he is nowhere near ready for a gig like that!!

Nah, i’ll no bother trusting you but if he’s not ready and was offered it, he should turn it down. 🤷🏼‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Neither had Robbie or Leiven..

Levein done a job at Cowdenbeath.  Can’t just keep turning back to Robbie doing okay to every last gamble. 

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

He gets such an easy ride. All the negativity surrounds Levein while Austin Mcfluff always seems to go under the radar.

It makes it so much funnier when you make up really clever names like that. You are a wit. 

6 minutes ago, Boab said:

We’ve got Hibs before the sheep !

Apologies, thought it was the other way round.  Hibs are maybe the one team in the league I think we could get a result against.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Apologies, thought it was the other way round.  Hibs are maybe the one team in the league I think we could get a result against.

No worries.

I was alluding to the fact that if it goes tits up, a derby could be the game to blow everything out the water. 

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

That he is very divisive 👍🏻

Indeed.

Most people like him and i8myselfsh hates him.

Byyy The Light

Please no.  Personally I think his over analyzing is to be blame for our constant tinkering and setting up to stop opposition being successful at what they do.

Just go out and play to our own strengths and win the game, especially at home.  Instill an arrogance and belief in the players that they are better than the opposition and go out and beat them.  Of course that won't work every game but at least we'd be entertained.

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Spot on.

1 hour ago, Hercules said:

100%

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Seems to be the case, unfortunately.

54 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Spot on. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

...and he's not bombproof, according to Ms Budge?

I doubt there's any person in the history of world football who's had so much control of a club with so little shares.

Surely a fresh approach is required. If A Mc goes in and Levein goes back upstairs then nothing has changed really. Levein would just micro manage and dodge the flak. We need him out of the club otherwise we just go back to wee notes passed down by a lackie to the scapegoat with the same old pash  on the park. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

No thanks, must be 50% influence at least already on our style of play look at the state of our attacking flair and our watertight defence strikes me as a stats and figures chap rather than having motivational skills with enthusiasm to inspire 

Which player's have improved in the last 18 months that are still at the club ?

18 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Because he has long hair. Brilliant.

Lighten up you bore. 

Chad McPhee. 

Image result for chad kroeger

Edited by JackLadd

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

Levein done a job at Cowdenbeath.  Can’t just keep turning back to Robbie doing okay to every last gamble. 

It was an answer to your post about MacPhee having achieved nothing. For the record Levein has won nothing as a coach do date.