Jurgen Klopp's Man Management

Martin_T

Interesting wee video. It's not a style that will work for every player, but the recruitment team at Liverpool probably work to identify players with the kind of personality that will respond to it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Interesting wee video. It's not a style that will work for every player, but the recruitment team at Liverpool probably work to identify players with the kind of personality that will respond to it.

That is a rare gift he has. Not many of him around 

rudi must stay
19 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Klopp also doesn't do team meetings, as he believes it undermines him. Hes man management is seemless 

He is a classic thinker 

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

That is a rare gift he has. Not many of him around 

He's a rare thing in football. An intelligent man. Not enough of them

The Old Tolbooth

Klopp is outstanding, long may he stay at Liverpool, but I have a feeling he'll move onto a new project after his 5 year deal ends, sadly. 

7 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Klopp is outstanding, long may he stay at Liverpool, but I have a feeling he'll move onto a new project after his 5 year deal ends, sadly. 

I cannae see him leaving Liverpool,  he’ll get offered another 5 year deal 

siegementality

Klopp is a great man manager and person. He is grounded and shows kindness and humility. If only more of football was like Jürgen Klopp.

The Real Maroonblood
41 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

He’ll love Edinburgh.

He was universally adored at Dortmund as well. 

If they win the league this season (as I suspect they might) he'll achieve God-like status on Merseyside, and they won't let him leave even if he wanted to. 

He's the best signing Liverpool have made in about 10 years. 

4 minutes ago, trotter said:

He was universally adored at Dortmund as well. 

If they win the league this season (as I suspect they might) he'll achieve God-like status on Merseyside, and they won't let him leave even if he wanted to. 

He's the best signing Liverpool have made in about 10 years. 

My worry is when he wins the league for Liverpool he will leave

He will have achieved everything the club and its fans dreamt of when he was appointed

In many ways that would be the right time to leave...please note I don't want this to happen but fear it will

I want him to stay and win season after season but he I'm sure has a plan for his future and that of his family

Bazzas right boot

Under rated for a few years. 

I enjoy him talking, about anything. 

I think Simone has been under rated for years as well. 

Jambo, Goodbye
41 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

My worry is when he wins the league for Liverpool he will leave

He will have achieved everything the club and its fans dreamt of when he was appointed

In many ways that would be the right time to leave...please note I don't want this to happen but fear it will

I want him to stay and win season after season but he I'm sure has a plan for his future and that of his family

It's a nice thing to worry about though, the aftermath of success :)

Trust and belief are important in a players mindset his football well being and life style. The standard a man like klopp has access allows him to cherry pick the very best fruit. Its easy to smile for the camera and put on a show the real art and talents lays in the approach and knowing the players footballing / athletic strengths. Players at champions league level are able to cope with the modern world and its multi dymentional systems and media coverage. The hard route are the guys like David Robertson proper man mangers that roast players for the slightest thing right from the off. Klopp has it easy and deserves the luxury I can't say he created it but he certainly took them to their old stature. The mans a genius right enough

Next Manchester Utd manager 🤭

Pep is classy as anything too just watched the Bobby Robson documentary water to a sliced tomato as he would probably say 😆

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Be in La Liga within 3 years. 

2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Be in La Liga within 3 years. 

Honestly can't see this happening. It's not a culture he would be suited to. Certainly doesn't seem a natural fit at either Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Will football ever see another Alex Ferguson?

Klopp could very well be if he wanted to but as others have said, I think he'll be off at the end of his contract. Staying at a club for extended periods of time just isn't the way any longer.

6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Will football ever see another Alex Ferguson?

Klopp could very well be if he wanted to but as others have said, I think he'll be off at the end of his contract. Staying at a club for extended periods of time just isn't the way any longer.

I think he'll go back to Germany for the national team job. 

What I like most about him is that he knows his own limitations so ensures that the team around him pick up any shortfalls, remember him bringing in someone to coach throwins?

Plus when he brings in new players he only plays them once they have learned how to play his way, Robertson for example hardly kicked a ball during his first 6 months there!

Stephane Grappelli
5 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Next Manchester Utd manager 🤭

Pep is classy as anything too just watched the Bobby Robson documentary water to a sliced tomato as he would probably say 😆

I think Pep is a complete show off and fake.  Just humped some bunch of mugs 6-0 and he makes a beeline for one of his young players for the benefit of the cameras, telling them they took a throw in wrong in the 10th minute or something.

A guy called Jeff King wrote a great book about Bobby Robson's time as manager at Barça, High Noon.  Describing some of the players he says that Guillermo Amor (who ended up at Livi) was a prince amongst men but Pep Guardiola was nice/nasty depending if there were cameras around.  That was in 1996/97, looks like he hasn't changed.

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, jollyjams said:

What ever happened to his number two can't remember his name the guy with the long hair he just seemed to disappear

Buvac left last year due to personal reasons.

According to reports he felt he was going down in the pecking order at Liverpool.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

The Real Maroonblood
39 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Top man and top manager. Shame he’s at Liverpool 

Should be at Hearts.

We can dream.

13 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Buvac left last year due to personal reasons.

According to reports he felt he was going down in the pecking order at Liverpool.

Cheers.sure he was number 2 at Dortmund as well him and klopp best of buddies to

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, jollyjams said:

Cheers.sure he was number 2 at Dortmund as well him and klopp best of buddies to

He was.

A pity he missed ou on winning the CL with Liverpool as they had been together a long time.

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

What I like most about him is that he knows his own limitations so ensures that the team around him pick up any shortfalls, remember him bringing in someone to coach throwins?

Plus when he brings in new players he only plays them once they have learned how to play his way, Robertson for example hardly kicked a ball during his first 6 months there!

Same with Fabinho.  Spent a crazy amount of money on him but Klopp realised quickly that he needed time to adjust to his way of playing. His man management skills are just amazing tbh. 

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Klopps players would run through a brick wall for him....dont think many in our team would for levein. 

If they did, folk would blame CL for asking them to do something so ****ing stupid and no doubt for increasing our injury problems. 

Seymour M Hersh
20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If they did, folk would blame CL for asking them to do something so ****ing stupid and no doubt for increasing our injury problems. 

:rofl:

Gavsy Van Gaverson
3 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Same with Fabinho.  Spent a crazy amount of money on him but Klopp realised quickly that he needed time to adjust to his way of playing. His man management skills are just amazing tbh. 

:spoton:

Every manager has different styles and as people we’re all different.

I think it’s a lot to do with intuition, being able to read people, knowing how far you can push them and knowing how they will react. I think Klopps probably a bit of an amateur psychologist and is also clearly, very intelligent. That’s outside of being the best attacking manager in football. I also think he looks at the type of person he signs, to fit into his group, someone who can improve, like Wijnaldum for example.

He's not a Real Madrid or Barca type manager, he’s very much about team work and work ethic first and foremost. Liverpool & Dortmund weren’t jam packed full of great individuals, they were great units and great teams. He’s also very close to the fans and understands their way of life. He knows they work hard to come and watch his teams and wants them to be entertained.

Samuel Camazzola
15 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

He's already stated hell be taking a sabbatical when his term ends. Things could change but like Pep, he says he needs the break to stay fresh. 

Top bloke and cracking manager. Can't see Liverpool winning the title though. City will put the foot down and it looks like Liverpool will continue to fall short of Man United on the Championship totals. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Every manager has different styles and as people we’re all different.

I think it’s a lot to do with intuition, being able to read people, knowing how far you can push them and knowing how they will react. I think Klopps probably a bit of an amateur psychologist and is also clearly, very intelligent. That’s outside of being the best attacking manager in football. I also think he looks at the type of person he signs, to fit into his group, someone who can improve, like Wijnaldum for example.

He's not a Real Madrid or Barca type manager, he’s very much about team work and work ethic first and foremost. Liverpool & Dortmund weren’t jam packed full of great individuals, they were great units and great teams. He’s also very close to the fans and understands their way of life. He knows they work hard to come and watch his teams and wants them to be entertained.

I agree, he's like me in my old champ days, takes a good side, usually 2nd or 3rd best, a team with a good history and improves them. 

I can see him at a Napoli or A Madrid  type club but I also think he might go to go Barca tbh. 

Can't see him at anyone else in England, Munich or Madrid. Possibly juventus? 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

I agree, he's like me in my old champ days, takes a good side, usually 2nd or 3rd best, a team with a good history and improves them. 

I can see him at a Napoli or A Madrid  type club but I also think he might go to go Barca tbh. 

Can't see him at anyone else in England, Munich or Madrid. Possibly juventus? 

He doesn’t play the “Barca way”. You’ll know this but Liverpool play high press, counter attacking and direct football, they don’t play wee 5 yard passes, a lot of their football is back to front.

I’d don’t think he’d suit Italian football either. That’s all defensive and tactical.

Maybe Munich but a lot of Germans don’t like Munich.

British football & German football are very alike. 

Who knows. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Might be the next manager of Germany.

8 hours ago, TheStig said:

Imagine if CL done last weekend what Klopp did after that 2-2 draw with west brom. There would be riots on gorgie road for days!

What did he do?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He doesn’t play the “Barca way”. You’ll know this but Liverpool play high press, counter attacking and direct football, they don’t play wee 5 yard passes, a lot of their football is back to front.

I’d don’t think he’d suit Italian football either. That’s all defensive and tactical.

Maybe Munich but a lot of Germans don’t like Munich.

British football & German football are very alike. 

Who knows. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Might be the next manager of Germany.

I agree, Barca would need to change their style and tbh they might do once Messi goes/ declines/ becomes a normal, non cheat player. 

I don't think he'd go to Munich, doesn't seem the type, actually just thought, a return to Dortmund 8n the longer term future could be a shout. 

I'm gonna go

Liverpool- barca- Dortmund - Germany 

- Hearts 

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

What did he do?

After a 2-2 draw with west brom at anfield Klopp and the players went over to the kop end and held hands and took a bow thing. Bit cringy after a draw at home against shite

1 minute ago, TheStig said:

After a 2-2 draw with west brom at anfield Klopp and the players went over to the kop end and held hands and took a bow thing. Bit cringy after a draw at home against shite

The difference is that Klopp has earned a lot of brownie points from the fans due to the fantastic results and football the team play under him!

Unlike Levein where our fans are well and truly pissed off with the results and eye bleeding football our team play under him!

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, TheStig said:

That's shocking. 

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The difference is that Klopp has earned a lot of brownie points from the fans due to the fantastic results and football the team play under him!

Unlike Levein where our fans are well and truly pissed off with the results and eye bleeding football our team play under him!

Aye if only CL had built up any "browny points" with us...... 

Say over a period of time..... As a player, manager, DoF. 

But, aye your right he hasn't  ever done anything good for us. 

FFS.

The Real Maroonblood
54 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye if only CL had built up any "browny points" with us...... 

Say over a period of time..... As a player, manager, DoF. 

But, aye your right he hasn't  ever done anything good for us. 

FFS.

As a player absolutely but now a liability. 

Big Slim Stylee
19 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

He’s such a likeable guy I’m finding it impossible to dislike your other team nowadays. Plus the fact they’re brilliant to watch.