• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• White Spider

• Mikey1874

• Lfhearts

• Footballfirst

Footballfirst

The only ones who will be missing will be Petkov and Burns who have been called up to their countries U21 squads.

All those on loan should be available for selection, if fit.

22 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The only ones who will be missing will be Petkov and Burns who have been called up to their countries U21 squads.

All those on loan should be available for selection, if fit.

No Zanatta either 😢

portobellojambo1

We were making plans to go across until the date of the game was announced, i.e. it is being played on the Friday rather than the Saturday. Neither of us planning on going could get the Friday off and it will involve at the least a half day off work to get a flight across in time to make the 2+ hours road trip from either Dublin or Cork airport to Waterford. Unless already booked flights from Edinburgh to Cork (return) seem helluva expensive and to Dublin return there ain't much change for flight alone out of £200.

Sort of money you wouldn't hesitate at for a European game but even if played on the Saturday the prices, if flights ain't already booked seem steep. For those going and looking to get back to Dublin airport early on Saturday morning there is a bus which leaves Waterford at 02:00am on Saturday morning, getting to Dublin airport around 2.25 hours later.

Edited by portobellojambo1

2 minutes ago, RenfrewHearts said:

Is it on BBC Alba given it’s the Friday night? 

Hoped for that too but no.

Good luck to the Hearts lads, regardless.  

Thought Police

Cochrane and MacDonald aren’t on development loans so can’t play. They’re training full time with Dunfermline 

1 hour ago, Thought Police said:

Cochrane and MacDonald aren’t on development loans so can’t play. They’re training full time with Dunfermline 

There is no such thing any more as development loans. Since 2018.

All loan players in Scotland can play in Challenge Cup and Reserve games. 

Thought Police
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

There is no such thing any more as development loans. Since 2018.

All loan players in Scotland can play in Challenge Cup and Reserve games. 

Okay, but usually Hearts make it clear when the player goes on loan that they will continue to play for the reserves. No mention in the Cochrane/MacDonald announcement.

Can't imagine Dunfermline would agree to it. They've signed the boys to play them and try and get them up.

oh ah grantona
17 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Okay, but usually Hearts make it clear when the player goes on loan that they will continue to play for the reserves. No mention in the Cochrane/MacDonald announcement.

Can't imagine Dunfermline would agree to it. They've signed the boys to play them and try and get them up.

Yep you are correct Hearts haven't mentioned that they can come back and play for reserves as not part of loan agreement.

Dunfermline are full time and both are there for a year unless either club terminate in January

25 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Both boys are in the squad for the game on Friday night. Dunfermline also playing in the cup against Alloa. Players who are on loan are allowed to play in these games, not sure they will be allowed to play in reserve games but if they are playing games on a Saturday for a Championship team then there is no need for them to play reserve team football.

22 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

We'll see what the team is.

Dunfermline play Alloa in the Challenge Cup on Saturday. Cochrane and McDonald can only play for Hearts having already done that this season in earlier rounds. 

Footballfirst

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/squad-confirmed-for-challenge-cup

Goalkeepers: Kelby Mason, Harry Stone

Defenders: Arron Darge, Leon Watson, Daniel Baur, Christopher Hamilton, Jay Sandison, Cameron Logan, Jamin Nwanze

Midfielders: Harry Cochrane, Anthony McDonald, Callumn Morrison, Dean Ritchie, Connor Smith, Scott McGill, Sean Ward

Forwards: Jay Charleston-King, Euan Henderson, Leeroy Makovora, Aidan Keena. 

Edited by Footballfirst

Thought Police

I stand corrected!

I do find it mental though that players on loan to full time teams, can play in a tournament for another club whilst on loan.

oh ah grantona
49 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

I stand corrected!

I do find it mental though that players on loan to full time teams, can play in a tournament for another club whilst on loan.

Same that's utterly bizzare but so is the competition. 

I would rather leave the 2 Pars at their loan club gel with new team mates and put down a marker to play for club they are at. Also allows other youngsters to step up to mark 

8 minutes ago, oh ah grantona said:

Same that's utterly bizzare but so is the competition. 

I would rather leave the 2 Pars at their loan club gel with new team mates and put down a marker to play for club they are at. Also allows other youngsters to step up to mark 

You mean go to East End Park to sit in the stand on Saturday? 

Rather than play. 

Edited by Mikey1874

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Defenders: Arron Darge, Leon Watson, Daniel Baur, Christopher Hamilton, Jay Sandison, Cameron Logan, Jamin Nwanze

Midfielders: Harry Cochrane, Anthony McDonald, Callumn Morrison, Dean Ritchie, Connor Smith, Scott McGill, Sean Ward

No overage players? I think it was Zanatta and Currie in the last round. Moore & Currie played for the reserves at Queen of the South. Surprised they weren't included.

Footballfirst

1 minute ago, RobboM said:

No overage players? I think it was Zanatta and Currie in the last round. Moore & Currie played for the reserves at Queen of the South. Surprised they weren't included.

I think Mason is an overage player under the rules as he is 21 before the end of this year.

allanwilson1970
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Any idea of how we will line up? Where would you say Waterford are in terms of comparing to a Scottish team?

oh ah grantona
55 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You mean go to East End Park to sit in the stand on Saturday? 

Rather than play. 

Yes they are part of Dunfermline for this season that is the path we have chosen to send them and they should be with new club 

Footballfirst
33 minutes ago, allanwilson1970 said:

Any idea of how we will line up? Where would you say Waterford are in terms of comparing to a Scottish team?

I would expect something along the lines of:

Goalkeepers: Kelby Mason

Defenders: Cameron Logan, Christopher Hamilton, Daniel Baur, Leon Watson

Midfielders: Callumn Morrison, Harry Cochrane, Anthony McDonald,  Connor Smith

Forwards:  Euan Henderson, Aidan Keena. 

I suspect that Andy Kirk may go with Sandison or Ward rather than Watson at LB.  Ward may also replace Connor Smith as the left midfielder in the starting line-up.

Waterford is 7th out of 10 teams in the Irish premiership (Dundalk is top). They are probably mid Scottish Championship standard. 

54 minutes ago, allanwilson1970 said:

10 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Waterford is 7th out of 10 teams in the Irish premiership (Dundalk is top). They are probably mid Scottish Championship standard. 

Waterford also are inbetween league and Cup fixtures.

Might depend what they are prioritising. 

RenfrewHearts
1 hour ago, oh ah grantona said:

Yes they are part of Dunfermline for this season that is the path we have chosen to send them and they should be with new club 

Cup tied in this competition so makes sense for them to play. 

3 hours ago, allanwilson1970 said:

Based on the last few reserve team games :

Stone

Logan  Hamilton  Bauer  Sandison

Morrison  Cochrane Ritchie  Henderson

Keena     McDonald

Gives McDonald the freedom to drop in to play a 10 role as well, pace on the wings.

JamboCampbell
22 minutes ago, Naisysback said:

Based on the last few reserve team games :

Stone

Logan  Hamilton  Bauer  Sandison

Morrison  Cochrane Ritchie  Henderson

Keena     McDonald

Gives McDonald the freedom to drop in to play a 10 role as well, pace on the wings.

So whilst Harry and Anthony are at Dunfermline they can still play in these games?

Is that a conscious decision the club takes with loaned youth to ensure they keep the groups close knit?

I’m a Jambo living in Waterford and support the Blues also. Unfortunately I can’t make it to the match due to a prior engagement. I was going to wear both scarves. 

Waterford could play a team missing top players. They seem to be unhappy that they agreed to enter Challenge Cup. Play a Cup quarter final game on Monday. 

Edited by Mikey1874

9/5 Hearts 11/10 to qualify looks decent will shorten if its a 19s side, if so no excuse for Ulster Andy's team to secure a win in this Mickey Mouse tournament.

Looks like Waterford have Dirk Diggler playing for them.  :berra:

E: In fact, plenty of them may perhaps have second jobs in the movie industry. :omg:

Edited by ArcticJambo

Noticed on Hills fixed odds coupon Waterford were 4/7 favorites, but was told at Bookies odds changed to 7/5.  I wonder if having the Scottish National Rugby and Football teams playing at the same time will effect anyone travelling over..........

3 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

9/5 Hearts 11/10 to qualify looks decent will shorten if its a 19s side, if so no excuse for Ulster Andy's team to secure a win in this Mickey Mouse tournament.

where are you seeing this? 4/6 is best i am seeing

21 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

I lumped on Hearts when I read that they were gonna play their u19s... I hope that is actually the team they go with!!!

Yes the under 19s news is an opportunity