The most horrible foods around

Tynieman

2 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Spam is awesome grilled on a roll. 

Not it had it for about 30 years though. 

Well reminded!  Been missing Spam, but on crackers, raw.  :thumbsup:

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luckyBatistuta

• gjcc

• Cruyff Turn

• Maple Leaf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, BarneyBattles said:

Sheriff Finlayson would vociferously disagree. Grilled. On a roll. Preferably washed down with a double G&T. 

Ahh, a man of fine tastes; I'll grant him the slight aberration in this case.

My mum once made me what she called 'saps'.  It was a rich tea biscuit soaked in boiling water. I can assume it was some old fashioned food thing, for babies or invalids.  The biscuit expanded so there was this massive rich tea on the plate, but with a skitter like consistency . It was pretty impressive to see, but absolutely minging.

8 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Aye the chicken one's not too good. The steak and steak & ale ones are lovely though. The slimy stuff under the pastry is the best bit. I quite fancy one now.

A so called mate, Jambo etc., dished up the chicken variety to me about 20 years ago after a bevvy.

Vile. 

I'll have to take your word for it about the steak pie varieties. Not sure I could face another tinned pie after that chicken experience. :)

I hate runny or underdone food that doesn't have to be. 

A thoroughly cooked omelette is the only form of egg I can tolerate these days, steak has to be cremated (a big no no in restaurants) and pasta dishes baked almost dry. 

Sloppy food is disgusting. 

Christmas pudding.

Parmesan cheese (from a container - fresh is ok)

Olives

butter

grilled tomatoes

gammon and pineapple

trout

tzatziki (sp?)

caviar

pickled cabbage

marmite

fennel

tongue

anchovies

Edited by Sydney

19 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Cheesy Pasta? Why not just make proper Macaroni Cheese?

Because they are two completely different things/flavours?

Christ there's some fussy people on here 😆

There's not much I don't like however cold Quiche is rank. And custard must be cold, not hot...

The Real Maroonblood
21 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Cheesy Pasta? Why not just make proper Macaroni Cheese?

Exactly.

The significant other makes fantastic macaroni and cheese.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Because they are two completely different things/flavours?

Ones shite and the other one is great.

4 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

There's not much I don't like however cold Quiche is rank. And custard must be cold, not hot...

I would have thought cold custard and cold quiche have the same mouthfeel.  Eggs?

15 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

My mum once made me what she called 'saps'.  It was a rich tea biscuit soaked in boiling water. I can assume it was some old fashioned food thing, for babies or invalids.  The biscuit expanded so there was this massive rich tea on the plate, but with a skitter like consistency . It was pretty impressive to see, but absolutely minging.

That's a whole new thread all of its own. Manky things your folks used to do with food.

My old man used to pour milk on his puddings, sponge and the like. Must be a hangover from wartime or something.

My wife bought Haslet out of morrisons a few days ago, would not have given it to a dug, tasted rotten 

and nothing like haslet, this is from someone that eats anything.

3 hours ago, Craig_ said:

That's a whole new thread all of its own. Manky things your folks used to do with food.

My old man used to pour milk on his puddings, sponge and the like. Must be a hangover from wartime or something.

Fish steamed in milk.

Courtesy of my mum.

3 hours ago, Craig_ said:

My father in law always had milk on his puddings, said it was a habit he learned while working at sea in the 50s and 60s.

I remember getting a chicken korma out an Indian takeaway (cant remember which one). Took a bite at what I thought was chicken in Korma sauce but turned out to be ****ing banana. 

I almost spewed. 

SpruceBringsteen
On 03/09/2019 at 12:18, Tynieman said:

What food will you not go near... not necessarily because you dislike the taste, but because it's basically made from s***. 

Canned hot dogs for me...

God knows what they're made from, the texture doesn't taste of meat and its so cheap that it makes you question it's content. Plus they taste horrific.

2019-09-03-17-13-55-1351562999.jpg

To answer the OP properly, which no one ever does, there's not many foods I won't eat that fill the criteria. I mean, I'd stab anyone on this website for a scotch pie right now.

To continue along with people who can't read, yes there is food I don't like the taste of.

20 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

To answer the OP properly, which no one ever does, there's not many foods I won't eat that fill the criteria. I mean, I'd stab anyone on this website for a scotch pie right now.

To continue along with people who can't read, yes there is food I don't like the taste of.

Who you kidding. You used to drink in that shit pub with the backroom full of wankers that served terrible frozen pies. Morningside/bauhaus hearts nobs

SpruceBringsteen
1 hour ago, crunchy frog said:

Who you kidding. You used to drink in that shit pub with the backroom full of wankers that served terrible frozen pies. Morningside/bauhaus hearts nobs

Show me on the doll where I hurt you. xxx

19 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

I see what you mean. :wink:

3 hours ago, crunchy frog said:

:wow:

Where the **** did that come from :rofl:

Салатные палочки
10 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

I remember getting a chicken korma out an Indian takeaway (cant remember which one). Took a bite at what I thought was chicken in Korma sauce but turned out to be ****ing banana

I almost spewed. 

:what:

Салатные палочки
10 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

1791AE4A-6207-4F1D-BEAC-30A6C160B695.jpeg.e84c91871d7b5b7ed379d1a4768d81bb.jpeg

That was one of those things I wish I never told my mum I liked.  Got served it on an almost daily basis afterwards. 

10 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

1791AE4A-6207-4F1D-BEAC-30A6C160B695.jpeg.e84c91871d7b5b7ed379d1a4768d81bb.jpeg

Probably worthy of yet another thread, but how about foods which you loved as a child, but can't stand now.

I'll go for King Ribs. Used to be super meaty and tangy, now they just taste like a lightly spiced piece of cardboard.

11 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

That was one of those things I wish I never told my mum I liked.  Got served it on an almost daily basis afterwards. 

I liked the curry flavoured version. 

Don't even know if crispy pancakes are still sold. 

10 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

I remember getting a chicken korma out an Indian takeaway (cant remember which one). Took a bite at what I thought was chicken in Korma sauce but turned out to be ****ing banana. 

I almost spewed. 

Reminds me of the time I was persuaded to try one of the new “macaroni” flavoured Pot Noodle. Made it up as per the simple instructions. Took one bite and threw it in the bin. 

Tasted of Banana. Not sure but I think somehow yellow powders have got mixed up. 

Салатные палочки
42 minutes ago, martoon said:

I liked the curry flavoured version. 

Don't even know if crispy pancakes are still sold. 

They are, as I found out to my cost when I bought the mince ones for old times sake a while back.  Rancid.  One bite and they were in the bin. 

43 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

They are, as I found out to my cost when I bought the mince ones for old times sake a while back.  Rancid.  One bite and they were in the bin. 

I think I'll take a walk on the wild side and get the curry ones. 

I'll let you know how I get on. 

If I survive. :)

58 minutes ago, martoon said:

I think I'll take a walk on the wild side and get the curry ones. 

I'll let you know how I get on. 

If I survive. :)

#prayformartoon

All roads lead to Gorgie

Anything where Pineapple is mixed with savoury like on a Pizza or with smoked Ham. So 80s and so wrong.

Dont be too disheartened by Crispy Pancakes. They were discontinued for years. Popular demand brought them back but they are a completely different recipe. Gutted as they were a staple, growing up.

Салатные палочки
20 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Anything where Pineapple is mixed with savoury like on a Pizza or with smoked Ham. So 80s and so wrong.

I used to think that, but a couple of years ago I was in Asda picking up a pizza and tried pineapple on it and I was hooked.  It's amazing.  Also love pineapple in my sweet and sour chicken. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

I used to think that, but a couple of years ago I was in Asda picking up a pizza and tried pineapple on it and I was hooked.  It's amazing.  Also love pineapple in my sweet and sour chicken. 

Love pineapple but just remember getting it on those gammon steaks you get soaked in salty water when I was young. Hawaiian Pizza is the one with the Pineapple chunks isn't it. 

Talking about salt Lorn Sausage you might as we be eating a slab of salt. 

6 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Hawaii pizza with pineapple, ham, and pepperoni is my favourite pizza. It's all about taste, I suppose.

William H. Bonney
13 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Hawaii pizza with pineapple, ham, and pepperoni is my favourite pizza. It's all about taste, I suppose.

Tuna and pineapple for me.