The most horrible foods around

Tynieman

What food will you not go near... not necessarily because you dislike the taste, but because it's basically made from s***. 

Canned hot dogs for me...

God knows what they're made from, the texture doesn't taste of meat and its so cheap that it makes you question it's content. Plus they taste horrific.

2019-09-03-17-13-55-1351562999.jpg

Edited by Tynieman

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luckyBatistuta

• gjcc

• Cruyff Turn

• Maple Leaf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rice pudding. Gives me the creeps.

Edit: sorry, it’s not made from shit. But I can’t go near it.

Edited by leginten

Jelly. 

Its ****ing despicable. I dont even want to be in the same room as it as I'll puke. Seriously. Big style. 

I also hate clowns. Not so much a fear but they give me real feelings of rage. I just want to crack their stupid skulls open.

I often wonder if I've suppressed a childhood trauma from a party.

Certain seafoods like squid and mussels.    Think I must have an allergy because I once became extremely violently ill after eating both in a meal.    Vast quantities of ejecta at both ends at once.     Thought I was pegging it.     That was a dance with the grim reaper that I hope to never repeat.

luckyBatistuta
31 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

What food will you not go near... not necessarily because you dislike the taste, but because it's basically made from s***. 

God knows what they're made from, the texture doesn't taste of meat and its so cheap that it makes you question it's content. Plus they taste horrific.

Anything Ye Olde Oak, we won a hamper once which contained pretty much everything made by them. It almost all went in the bucket.

3 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Celery 

Semolina

Tinned meatballs 

Tripe

Agree with Semolina and also Rice Pudding🤮

18 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Celery 

Semolina

Tinned meatballs 

Tripe

This, in spades.  I remember my gran cooking it when I was a nipper, like it was yesterday.  Most vile smell on earth.  **** if I'm going to taste that!  Tripe; it even sounds horrific. :berra:

I’ll eat almost anything me, but my most hated food is cucumber, rancid stuff, when it comes in something even if you remove it you can still taste it’s manky flavour. 

Oh and olives 🤢

Edited by Irufushi

Tripe - tried it once by mistake in Barcelona - it was in a nice sauce, but the tripe itself was horrible.

Never wish to eat brains or testicles: both also appear on menus in Spain sometimes, but are easily avoided.

Also in Spain, I had grilled lambs' intestines, wrapped around a skewer with herbs and stuff, but they were actually OK as were the mollejas (lambs' sweetbreads / thyroids).

Not keen on the typical Scottish veg I was brought up with (cabbage, carrots, turnip, boiled tae b*ggery and served with meat and potatoes) but don't mind any of them in soups or stews, or cooked with a bit more imagination and care. Equally, I always hated the standard salad we got once a week: a lettuce leaf or two, some sliced cucumber, half a tomato and hard-boiled egg, pickled beetroot, and a slice of cold meat - the only way I could eat it was in a sandwich! Therefore, I disliked salads until my first visit to Spain, which taught me how they could and should be made, and a whole lot more about what good food was and should be.

Much prefer waxy to floury potatoes, but can't think of much else though. Don't tend to eat much highly-processed food anyway, but try and avoid that whenever possible.

Think I can honestly say the only thing I’ve ever come across in my near 60 years that I wouldn’t eat if I was Hank Marvin is rhubarb. WTF is that all about?

Салатные палочки

I had something in France a few years ago that I thought was mashed tatties. It very much wasn't and tasted vile.  I still have no idea what it was.

36 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

This, in spades.  I remember my gran cooking it when I was a nipper, like it was yesterday.  Most vile smell on earth.  **** if I'm going to taste that!  Tripe; it even sounds horrific. :berra:

Just as well you haven’t seen how it’s made 

1 minute ago, theshed said:

Just as well you haven’t seen how it’s made 

I've seen some pretty nasty stuff I assure you but I truly believe you; work of the Devil!

Eggs, the smell alone gives me the boke. Why people eat a birds period I'll never know.

Fish, disgusting.

Green veg like cabbage, broccoli, brussel sprouts etc. Again, they smell like shite when cooked.

Crab sticks GTF

Mussels GTF

Oysters GTF

Mini Corn on the Cob - Satanic lovers food

Mangetout - would rather eat my own shit!

Disser Pointon
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Love all the foods mentioned above. 

Mushroom however 🤮 especially the tinned stuff 

I'm with you, I'm not a fussy eater by any stretch of the imagination but, horrible texture, no taste, and they get put in so many dishes that otherwise look great!!!!!

2 hours ago, Tynieman said:

Hot dogs, canned or otherwise, should be declared unfit for human consumption. Before it gets poured into skins, it's basically animal effluent. People whom I've met who worked in the processing plant where they're made told me, never, ever eat them.  So I don't.

Other than that, I can't think of anything that I would describe as horrible.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Celery and Olives although I don't mind olive oil.

Can't stand Liver, kidney, Tripe unless in Haggis. 

Raised in a household where you ate without complaint what was put in front of you, my wife early on figured my likes and disilikes so I am not really served anything I won't eat, I know I could never sit down and eat sushi or any other   raw fish shell or other.

43 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Hot dogs, canned or otherwise, should be declared unfit for human consumption. Before it gets poured into skins, it's basically animal effluent. People whom I've met who worked in the processing plant where they're made told me, never, ever eat them.  So I don't.

Other than that, I can't think of anything that I would describe as horrible.

Probably similar composition to the tinned hamburgers my dad took great pleasure in giving us growing up. :lol: 

4 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Probably similar composition to the tinned hamburgers my dad took great pleasure in giving us growing up. :lol: 

Tinned hamburgers?

:vrwow:

5 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Tinned hamburgers must be a dad thing. My auld man loves them :lol:

******* awful things!

4 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Tinned hamburgers must be a dad thing. My auld man loves them :lol:

******* awful things!

They sound like something you'd serve to soldiers in the trenches.

6 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

They sound like something you'd serve to soldiers in the trenches.

Yes, the enemy trenches. Wait for the collective boak before you attack. 

Dagger Is Back
3 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

This stuff makes me want to vomit:

image.png.5794759f15dd59c31d2924bb7d79be65.png

Oh come on. That's brilliant hangover food. Tomato sauce and buttered bread and a tin of IB

2 hours ago, Irufushi said:

I’ll eat almost anything me, but my most hated food is cucumber, rancid stuff, when it comes in something even if you remove it you can still taste it’s manky flavour. 

Oh and olives 🤢

Amen to cucumber hatred.

pharmaceutical01
3 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Jelly. 

Its ****ing despicable. I dont even want to be in the same room as it as I'll puke. Seriously. Big style. 

I also hate clowns. Not so much a fear but they give me real feelings of rage. I just want to crack their stupid skulls open.

I often wonder if I've suppressed a childhood trauma from a party.

You need great uncle Lorenzo, master of wit and repartee

27 minutes ago, gjcc said:

I don't know what happened to them. They used to be nice, but the tin I bought last year were pure bowfin. They must have changed the recipe, or something. :angel: 

Салатные палочки
17 minutes ago, gjcc said:

They’re not so bad really... 🤮

5DFD5A87-D189-48EC-B44C-36904C1257F3.jpeg

Disgusting. I got the option of a fried or tinned burger at a roll van in Darlington once. Chose the tinned one for quickness. My god, I was nearly sick on the spot.