Good Naismith interview in EEN

Pants Shaton

11 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

I know it’s pointless but I’ll bite. Who buys these players who make these mistakes? Who trains and coaches these players who are making mistakes? Whose responsible for motivating and getting the most out of these players?

You can’t just say “individual errors” as though it explains away our form this year. Big picture, the team is not being coached and managed properly leading to more individual errors. 

Jesus Christ, gee it a rest ffs.

So you’re saying that Berra who’s played over 600 top level games needs to be coached into smashing a ball into the stand? 

:rofl:

It’s all very well suggesting that Levein should go, but to try and say that players making mistakes is solely his fault, **** me, that’s going some. 

I seriously despair at some Heart supporters at the moment trying to pin the blame on the manager for everything, trying to whitewash anything good he’s done at the club and re-write history and take away the fact he’s a PHM & a club legend, which some are now trying to do.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff Turn

• GorgieFifeLife

• We_are_the_Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Adam_the_legend
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Jesus Christ, gee it a rest ffs.

So you’re saying that Berra who’s played over 600 top level games needs to be coached into smashing a ball into the stand? 

:rofl:

It’s all very well suggesting that Levein should go, but to try and say that players making mistakes is solely his fault, **** me, that’s going some. 

I seriously despair at some Heart supporters at the moment trying to pin the blame on the manager for everything, trying to whitewash anything good he’s done at the club and re-write history and take away the fact he’s a PHM & a club legend, which some are now trying to do.

I did try 🤷🏼‍♂️

siegementality
12 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

How’s that defending CL, it’s a blatant fact! that individual errors have cost us points. 

So to continue your theme. It’s a bit like saying it’s not Levein’s fault that Washington isn’t a natural goal scorer, or Mulraney can’t cross a ball, or Clare has the heart of a mouse, or Steven McLean is too old, or Colin Doyle is a shit keeper.  None of that is Levein’s fault. 

The run of results and performances this calendar year tells the story. It’s beyond individual errors, injuries or hard luck. 

letsmakesomenoise
On 03/09/2019 at 10:00, Getintaethem said:

Any manager who plays one upfront at home to Hamilton deserves to be booed in my opinion.

Any manager who perseveres with hoofball to said lone striker, when its blindingly obvious he can’t (and didn't, not once) win a header to save himself, definitely deserves to be booed!

cardboardcutout

We haven't changed in 2/3 years with our lack of movement or any coherent pattern to how we play to break teams down! personnel have come and gone with no perceptible difference to our 'style' and what the coaches do is a mystery to fans really.  The odd howler from Berra or whoever wouldn't matter if we could score more THAT is the real issue as a missed sitter is just the same!

Captain Canada

It will be great when we finish in the bottom six because we have a club legend and PHM at the helm. 

Those two things are not managerial qualities. Someone at the club needs to wake the hell up and sort this utter nonsense out. 

Cathro - brutal, not a PHM so gets sacked

Levein - brutal, PHM, gets to stay no matter what

It's actually laughable now. We were told after the Ross County game that the inept performance wouldn't happen again. We beat Motherwell then had two awful performances right after. 

Delaying the inevitable is helping no one. 

Edited by Captain Canada

willie wallace
On 03/09/2019 at 08:54, upgotheheads said:

“You get the lead and try to push on. Hamilton get a goal which, in our eyes, is shocking. When we take the lead the second time, we should manage the game and play the right way. Don’t give away any chances, don’t play risky passes.

“It’s just choice of pass. Do we need to shoot from outside the box at 2-1 up? Then they go up the park and hit the bar. That can’t happen. That’s where we need to learn quick. Aberdeen was the same. We get into the lead and then don’t manage the game well enough. That’s a problem.”

Just what we all knew anyway.

I am a huge Naismith fan but he is the last person i would expect to come out with a statement like this.We are 2-1 up at home to Hamilton with  a fair amount of time left but we should not be taking shots at goal in case they go up the park and score.Really

Someone please tell me he did not say this.

Not sure about the booing at the Livingston game either.I know we are a grumpy lot but can't remember that

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, cardboardcutout said:

We haven't changed in 2/3 years with our lack of movement or any coherent pattern to how we play to break teams down! personnel have come and gone with no perceptible difference to our 'style' and what the coaches do is a mystery to fans really.  The odd howler from Berra or whoever wouldn't matter if we could score more THAT is the real issue as a missed sitter is just the same!

Our lack of cutting edge has been our main problem. It was easy to understand last season with McLean our only fit striker for long periods, and no recognised attacking midfielder or winger, but with (when fit) Naismith, Washington, Uche, Meshino, Mulraney, Walker plus the likes of McLean and Keena in reserve we *should* do better in that respect.  Aberdeen and Motherwell games were encouraging. Ross County and Hamilton were the opposite. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

11 hours ago, willie wallace said:

I am a huge Naismith fan but he is the last person i would expect to come out with a statement like this.We are 2-1 up at home to Hamilton with  a fair amount of time left but we should not be taking shots at goal in case they go up the park and score.Really

Not sure about the booing at the Livingston game either.I know we are a grumpy lot but can't remember that

I read this too and wasn’t surprised that we see defence as the issue. 

We've been out gunned, out shot by Hamilton and Ross county at home. 

Hamilton had two strikers, we had one. 

Yet it’s our defence... fix that and it will be fine. The mistakes were made by Leveins project players the defensive tactics and crazy team selection. 

Then again, I’m guessing Naismith had a great view from the bench... 

The Treasurer

I hope I'm wrong but watching Naismith being interviewed on TV last night I just got the impression he is using Hearts as means of keeping fit for Scotland games (a bit like Hughes did for NI). All he talked about was reaching milestones with Scotland and playing in a major tournament, no mention of needing to be playing and producing for his club.

Of course he's a great player for us and I like having him in the team, but a player who has been out so long like he has should not be involved with international football (where he is almost certain to start 2 high tempo matches in 4 days). Instead he should be working on his fitness to ensure he is 100% ready for our next game

5 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I hope I'm wrong but watching Naismith being interviewed on TV last night I just got the impression he is using Hearts as means of keeping fit for Scotland games (a bit like Hughes did for NI). All he talked about was reaching milestones with Scotland and playing in a major tournament, no mention of needing to be playing and producing for his club.

Of course he's a great player for us and I like having him in the team, but a player who has been out so long like he has should not be involved with international football (where he is almost certain to start 2 high tempo matches in 4 days). Instead he should be working on his fitness to ensure he is 100% ready for our next game

Agree with this.

No way should be be anywhere near this squad with the amount of time he has played for us this year. Not sure why he was even picked as he hasn't proved fitness or form.

If he doesn't start the next game for us questions should be asked 

Edited by jambopilms

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Agree with this.

No way should be be anywhere near this squad with the amount of time he has played for us this year. Not sure why he was even picked as he hasn't proved fitness or form.

If he doesn't start the next game for us questions should be asked 

While I agree, no questions will be asked. Everything points to the 4 year deal being entirely on Naismiths terms. It's utterly ridiculous he was allowed to be in the Scotland squad when he has hardly played for us this season. Hearts pay his wages and that is where his priorities should lie.

The Treasurer
31 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

While I agree, no questions will be asked. Everything points to the 4 year deal being entirely on Naismiths terms. It's utterly ridiculous he was allowed to be in the Scotland squad when he has hardly played for us this season. Hearts pay his wages and that is where his priorities should lie.

Correct. Of course he wants that 50th cap, it's a huge honour for any player, but it should not be at the expense of the club that employs him.

I've no doubt that he is a total professional and a great role model, but I think his priorities have maybe got mixed up .

By playing well and regularly for his club he can guarantee that he will be first pick for the next squad in a months time

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Correct. Of course he wants that 50th cap, it's a huge honour for any player, but it should not be at the expense of the club that employs him.

I've no doubt that he is a total professional and a great role model, but I think his priorities have maybe got mixed up .

By playing well and regularly for his club he can guarantee that he will be first pick for the next squad in a months time

Absolutely spot on. 

It's farcical he is in the squad after only managing 10 mins on Saturday after being named to start in the morning. 

It's club before country as we pay his wages. 

Imagine the seethe if he tears his dodgy hamstring and is out for months. 

Total wrong call by the club and the player to be away with Scotland. 

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

It looks like the player could be pulling the strings here tbh. 

What other club would let their most important player join the squad with his recent injury record

14 hours ago, willie wallace said:

Yip, let's sit in and hang on against Hamilton with a 2 - 1 lead at Tynecastle with 30 mins left. 🙄

We should going for the kill and finish them off about 4-1 ffs.

It's Hamilton not Celtic!!! 

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

I watched the same interview last night and the wife said why is Steven Naismith going to play ( possibly) for Scotland when he can't play for Hearts?. 

Kind of summed it up for me tbh. 

We_are_the_Hearts
5 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Getting reported he didn’t train today for Scotland as struggling with an injury🙈😢

Where about?

GorgieRules22

Fresh injury fears the sun is reporting.

He was never fit in the first place and should never have been allowed to go its that simple.

Just more shit decisions from the club, we are all so predictable.

We_are_the_Hearts
2 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

He was never fit in the first place and should never have been allowed to go its that simple.

Yip, one farce to the next

11 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Not good... if he is staying with the squad though hopefully not too bad.