Motherwell game

DB-14

1 hour ago, FruitJuice said:

Would set us up nicely for Easter road. 

Beat them and Ron is spending money on getting rid of heckingbottom and hiring a new manager.   Excellent! 

Why would getting rid of Heckingbottom be good news?

Do you think Hibs fans want us to get rid of Levein?

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• FruitJuice

• Beast Boy

• Boab

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Why would getting rid of Heckingbottom be good news?

Do you think Hibs fans want us to get rid of Levein?

I hope he's got the job for life.  I just cant see Ron being happy splashing out on paying him off and finding a replacement.  Every cloud etc  

3 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

IF we manage to turn the season round, finish 3rd or 4th, get European football and a good run in both cups...would your opinion change?

Do you still believe in Santa also?

2 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I hope he's got the job for life.  I just cant see Ron being happy splashing out on paying him off and finding a replacement.  Every cloud etc  

They might actually get a manager that knows what he’s doing.

the longer Heckingbottom is there the better all round I say.

We_are_the_Hearts
On 08/09/2019 at 18:57, JackLadd said:

Not sure what to make of Motherwell, were not good in the cup game but two thumping wins since. Will be coming to Tynie expecting a result for sure. 

Exactly. He talks a good game but that is all. Makes our own situation even more frustrating

Absolute Scenes
8 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Do you still believe in Santa also?

strange irrelevant question to ask in regards to a HYPOTHETICAL scenario I gave to challenge the opinion that Levein must absolutely go now under all circumstances...

But for the record yes, yes I do

8 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Not with the money Ron will be offering after he's forked out.  I hope he stays though.  

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

strange irrelevant question to ask in regards to a HYPOTHETICAL scenario I gave to challenge the opinion that Levein must absolutely go now under all circumstances...

But for the record yes, yes I do

Meanwhile back in the real world outside of your hypothetical pish scenarios we are fecking humpty and dreaming up wonderful scenarios aint going to change that.

we need change whether you agree or not.

we can all have opinions on it.

53 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I'm owe you an apology.  I was referring to it being brought into the discussion.  I wrongly thought you were agreeing that the protest would turn into a jingoism fest.  Sorry 

Fair play. 👍🏼 No, not at all. 

If we play well and win, folk might not feel it’s necessary action and why ruin a good Saturday? 

Play shite, draw or lose, folk will go tonto. 

First and foremost however, folk should be going to Tynie to get behind the lads hoping for a good result and performance.

It could attract troublemakers, these things can. 🤷🏼‍♂️

There could be casuals looking for revenge for the Hearts boy that got his jaw broken, Motherwell lads travelling in anticipation that something will happen. Hopefully folk aren’t going to turn up just for a rammy. 

Mind, if we get pumped, I might come out the Main Stand on Saturday and join in myself, if i’m feeling that enraged. :rofl:

Absolute Scenes
10 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Meanwhile back in the real world outside of your hypothetical pish scenarios we are fecking humpty and dreaming up wonderful scenarios aint going to change that.

we need change whether you agree or not.

we can all have opinions on it.

I don't disagree with the need for change at all - what I do disagree is the attitude everything needs ripped up, because that will start us at a 5 year plan AGAIN

Very much a realist but also enjoy my football club, I don't let it affect my mood as there are more important things in my life to worry about,  and am not a miserable wretch like your good self, clearly.

What I've given is a scenario, which isn't unlikely at all, to counter peoples argument that everything is bad, its never going to get better - because the truth is you have literally no idea where we will be at the end of the season after 4 league games. For all you know we could turn it around and have a fantastic season regardless how the opening games have went.

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

If we play well and win, folk might not feel it’s necessary action and why ruin a good Saturday? 

First and foremost however, folk should be going to Tynie to get behind the lads hoping for a good result and performance.

There could be casuals looking for revenge for the Hearts boy that got his jaw broken, Motherwell lads travelling in anticipation that something will happen. Hopefully folk aren’t going to turn up just for a rammy. 

Mind, if we get pumped, I might come out the Main Stand on Saturday and join in myself, if i’m feeling that enraged. :rofl:

I forgot about the Motherwell guy.  That might keep them away from it.  Tough decision if you're a 'lad'.  Protest about the team or team up for a game of tig? 

I can't see fans protesting before the game, and it would be funny if we win 5-0. Why not just hire kites rather than an airplane and do their bit for environment? 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
49 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

that doesn't make any sense...because if he has a successful season and we manage to pull it out the bag and do well, you're saying that situation would be detrimental to the club because Levein is in charge???

Levein should be out of this club before the motherwell game. He is killing us. 

7 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I forgot about the Motherwell guy.  That might keep them away from it.  Tough decision if you're a 'lad'.  Protest about the team or team up for a game of tig? 

I can't see fans protesting before the game, and it would be funny if we win 5-0. Why not just hire kites rather than an airplane and do their bit for environment? 

Mitch to run onto the pitch first half in his birthday suit with a Craig Levein oot Kite. It’s the only way. :laugh:

On 03/09/2019 at 08:10, brunoatemyhamster said:

He will start Naismith, even though he's not ready for 90 mins, hoping that, once again, he will bail him out. 

Off injured and out for months because he is rushed back..... Again. 

He won’t play 

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Levein should be out of this club before the motherwell game. He is killing us. 

Sorry to tell you sunshine, he's not "killing" the club at all (Romanov tried killing the club) and he will be in the dugout for the motherwell game and thereafter. And i's likely he'll be here all season. So instead of going in the huff, just get on with it. Not ideal I knowbut we're 4 league games in.

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

Hibs fans will have to pony up if they want a new manager.

34 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

First thing that I thought of when the plaza was quoted as the location.

Could be tasty although the old bill ain’t daft and will keep those Motherwell lads well away....excuse the pun !

32 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I don't disagree with the need for change at all - what I do disagree is the attitude everything needs ripped up, because that will start us at a 5 year plan AGAIN

Very much a realist but also enjoy my football club, I don't let it affect my mood as there are more important things in my life to worry about,  and am not a miserable wretch like your good self, clearly.

What I've given is a scenario, which isn't unlikely at all, to counter peoples argument that everything is bad, its never going to get better - because the truth is you have literally no idea where we will be at the end of the season after 4 league games. For all you know we could turn it around and have a fantastic season regardless how the opening games have went.

I understood the need for a plan when Budge came in. From an infrastructure and business view, she has done a remarkable job.

We are now near to FOH handover. Simply...we don’t need another 5 year plan as you say. The club is secure. What we need, imo, is a manager who can take us forward. I don’t feel we have that in anyone who is in our dug out right now.

All the good work done will not unravel because we change the coaching side.

It might even be the thing to propel us up to a higher level.

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Sorry to tell you sunshine, he's not "killing" the club at all (Romanov tried killing the club) and he will be in the dugout for the motherwell game and thereafter. And i's likely he'll be here all season. So instead of going in the huff, just get on with it. Not ideal I knowbut we're 4 league games in.

Not ideal, we’re joint bottom of the league and crowds/corporate takings are well down year on year, since the last time he was manager or thereabouts. He has to go and yet you still defend him and somehow think 9/10 games at the beginning of last season show he will turn it around, disregarding the 40 since and the 40 before.

Get your head out the sand, open your eyes, smell the coffee and “get a grip man” as someone once said.

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Boab said:

I understood the need for a plan when Budge came in. From an infrastructure and business view, she has done a remarkable job.

We are now near to FOH handover. Simply...we don’t need another 5 year plan as you say. The club is secure. What we need, imo, is a manager who can take us forward. I don’t feel we have that in anyone who is in our dug out right now.

All the good work done will not unravel because we change the coaching side.

It might even be the thing to propel us up to a higher level.

It will be the thing to propel our excellent squad forward, can’t come quick enough.

Edited by Pasquale for King

2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

if he's given the rest of the season, and he finishes 3rd/4th and we get European football, and a good run in the cups, will those that want him out now, still want him out then?

Are you willing to give him the rest of the season ? If not, what’s your cut off point ?

Rock bottom and out of the cups ?

Governor Tarkin
22 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

the type of fans that sing certain songs, hate certain groups of people and like waving flags, some I'm sure won't even be at the game, probably already banned. 

PHM.

11 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's guaranteed there won't be any normal fans there. 

Can you give us a quick run down of what constitutes 'normal fans', please, ta.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hearing today, quite a few people giving the game a body swerve. Pity, they are going to miss the 6 Hearts goals and wonder why they didn't go.

57 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Mitch to run onto the pitch first half in his birthday suit with a Craig Levein oot Kite. It’s the only way. :laugh:

If it's really windy we won't be able to see them shaking with rage.  If it's too windy.  ' oot' 'levein' 'mad'  

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Hearing today, quite a few people giving the game a body swerve. Pity, they are going to miss the 6 Hearts goals and wonder why they didn't go.

Probably because we'll end up conceding 7 :)

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Hearts to win from 6-0 to 6-5 is 200/1.

Putting anything on it ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Boab said:

Hearts to win from 6-0 to 6-5 is 200/1.

Putting anything on it ?

Why not! Motherwell have previous you know. Lost 6-5 to Aberdeen, drew with Hibs 6-6 and lost 6-0 to us, shortly before Neilson got his plane telling him he had nae style

Quick edit, for balance, in Leveins first tenure we lost 6-1 at Fir Park, same season as the epic derbies, 5-1, 2-1 4-4

Edited by Sir Gio

been here before
59 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Comfortable Hearts win.

Major distress for many of the Kickbackeratti.

Imagine the meltdown if we win.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Well, sweetcheeks, you are part of the problem. 

Stephen Muddie
7 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Well, sweetcheeks, you are part of the problem. 

If yer no part of the solushon yer part of the problem IMO

9 minutes ago, been here before said:

Imagine the meltdown if we win.

It’s all so predictable. If we win, it will be:

”it’s not about winning one game, it’s the amount of games won in 2019... “

and

”we were lucky, they were the better team... “

portobellojambo1

What you are saying would be perfectly reasonable if the level of football we are watching had only come to light at the start of this season. But truth is, if you ignore the Scottish Cup run (we didn't get any league points for that), the football has been relatively pants for a while now, and hasn't improved at all over the short period of this season so far.

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

What you are saying would be perfectly reasonable if the level of football we are watching had only come to light at the start of this season. But truth is, if you ignore the Scottish Cup run (we didn't get any league points for that), the football has been relatively pants for a while now, and hasn't improved at all over the short period of this season so far.

Don't get me wrong I'm not ignoring how awful the games have been, the football has been grim. I'm just saying we shouldn't believe it will continue to be, you never know it might change

Slim chance I know, but I'm an optimist

20 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

and

And if we lose it will be “but we’re only 5 games in!”

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

And if we lose it will be “but we’re only 5 games in!”

What if a wayward UJ-wrapped stone breaks one of your windaes though Archie?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
27 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

If yer no part of the solushon yer part of the problem IMO

What is the solution?

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

What is the solution?

A liquid mixture in which the solute is uniformly distributed within the solvent.

9 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

What if a wayward UJ-wrapped stone breaks one of your windaes though Archie?

Oh dear - running out of excuses I see! 🙈

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
35 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

and

So what you're saying is people should be fickle?

:rolleyes2:

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Oh dear - running out of excuses I see! 🙈

See with your hospitality bevvy up sessions with JJ combined with the fact you ken how to fit windaes... maybe you could be the new manager? 😄

So because I think we are pish under Levein and have been for a while I’m miserable.

you lost your argument straight away bud.

good debating with you.

6 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

So what you're saying is people should be fickle?

:rolleyes2:

People are already fickle. When we were on ten without a loss there were ***** being fickle.