Motherwell game

DB-14

Bazzas right boot
On 03/09/2019 at 15:10, OmiyaHearts said:

Why are people assuming that if we are losing or struggling v Motherwell, it will result in Levein getting punted?

We'd only won 1 of 5 matches leaving up to the Livingston 5-0 pumping. And he kept his job.

He's here for the season. 

Nah, if Motherwell beat us, he'll walk I think.

We'd be bottom and in pieces at the start of the season were he has been backed to the hilt.

The 5-0 pumping was shite but we were still around 5th or something, maybe even 4th.

We also had a man sent of, had several injuries and had had a good start to the season which no doubt bought him time ( deserved) and did the cup final run at the end of the season.

For comparison imagine we  had sacked Robbie after the 4-0 of them or Dodie after the 6-2 of St Mirren. We get the terrible  bad result, it happens, we've had worse even in recent seasons but it's not a problem if a one off, the problem is our form and if results continue. 

If we get beat of Motherwell that would mean no wins v bottom 6 sides in the league at home from 3 games. No wins in 5 leagues games into the new season.

The only good result would have been v them in the cup.

If he doesn't walk and Aberdeen beat us then imo he'll be sacked, if he did stay and we beat Aberdeen to get to another semi -I really don't know.

A certain Mr Muddle put it well , if he goes, we really could be up shit creak, if stays, we could be as well. 

Removing him now could give us more problems but results do need to improve, even if you did give him a clean slate from last season to this one , he's using up credit very quickly!

Edited by Smith's right boot

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• FruitJuice

• Beast Boy

• Boab

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

No he is not

the fans won't allow it if this form continues under Craig Levein

Lose to Motherwell and they'll be protesting outside the main stand come 5pm 

I am more with OH on this one as we are in completely different times regarding the structure of the club.

He may be gone before the end of the season but this is going to be a long haul and I suspect he will be here until at least Xmas.

This is very likely going to get very painful for us if he does not turn this around pronto.

5 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

I am more with OH on this one as we are in completely different times regarding the structure of the club.

He may be gone before the end of the season but this is going to be a long haul and I suspect he will be here until at least Xmas.

This is very likely going to get very painful for us if he does not turn this around pronto.

Fair enough mate

I just can't see the fans putting up with this for much longer. Maybe Anne will give him the season but i can see crowds falling to new lows and protests on a weekly basis if this diabolical form continues and Levein remains at the helm

30 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Fair enough mate

I just can't see the fans putting up with this for much longer. Maybe Anne will give him the season but i can see crowds falling to new lows and protests on a weekly basis if this diabolical form continues and Levein remains at the helm

He will get the next 3 games IMO. 

If no joy against Motherwell, Hibs and Aberdeen he will be gone. 

He should have been emptied after Saturdays game 100 per cent though. 

Nobody else with his record would have survived this long and this should have sorted in the summer to allow a complete overhaul by a new management team. 

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

What a pile of shite from someone who doesn't even go to our games. Bloody pathetic

:rofl:

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'll respond in kind. 

I prefer hibs over Rangers, if you wanted rangers to win does that make you a dirty Govan, orange, bigoted, loyalist loving diet hun?  Or just a Hearts fan that hates hibs more than rangers. 

Pm me tho, it's off topic and unlike you and others I don't particularly like discussing hibs winning the sc. 

It's a bit shite. 

My St and FOH contributions say I'm a Hearts fan despite you're wee sad, emotional outburst. 

like some I back the team through good and bad times and don't go in the huff and turn on our own at the first sign of trouble, I also don't have anything personal against our manager, unlike some have admited to on here. 

If you don't read responses from folk on the Internet don't bother posting to others in the first place ya absolute roster then folk wouldn't need to reply to your hard man Internet type assaults. 

👍

Did you want Hibs to win the Scottish Cup ?

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Did you want Hibs to win the Scottish Cup ?

There was a poll on here on the final day.

85% rangers/ 15% hibs

I compared it to choosing between a broken arm and broken leg, I chose hibs on the poll.

I dislike rangers more than hibs I think Rangers are more of a threat to Hearts, blah blah. been done to death.

Still feel the same way, dislike rangers more than hibs.

I am not Simon Gray, I did not score the winner for them ( honestly),I did not celebrate hibs winning the cup in any way shape or form. It just didn't bother me that much.

Edited by Smith's right boot

2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Fair enough mate

I worry that we are now in situation where the people running the club think that the supporters are just a bunch of thick idiots who know nothing about football but can be relied on to keep forking out their hard earned cash. 

Cash appears to be king just now and it will take some serious effort from the fans to change the path we are heading down.

If CL is still manager at the end of the season we may find that the FoH will have the controlling share of a club plying its' trade in the championship. Worse still being run by the people that initially got us out of it only to return us from whence we came. 

A very pessimistic scenario, I admit, but the league form in 2019 suggest we are relegation fodder.

One for the more long standing members of JKB

If things do not improve soon I may have to resurrect my footer from the days of CRs stewardship

PIEMAN R-SOLE OUT NOW

just a much bigger font

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

even if you did give him a clean slate from last season to this one , he's using up credit very quickly!

The only person I’ve heard of doing that is YOU.

You said it on more than a few occasions that as he wasn’t sacked for last season, our record then didn’t matter as it was about the here and now.

Complete and utter garbage of course but there you are.

The abysmal record of last season was quite rightly always going to be hanging over his head. 

Craig Levein of course knew this and knew no clean slate was being provided. That being the case he would have been determined to have the team champing at the bit and ‘at it’ in an effort to ‘distance’ himself from last seasons performances and results.

The reality is we’ve toiled in games versus the might of Stenhousemuir, East fife, Ross County and Hamilton.

I find that extremely concerning.

5 minutes ago, Whatever said:

You said it on more than a few occasions that as he wasn’t sacked for last season, our record then didn’t matter as it was about the here and now.

The abysmal record of last season was quite rightly always going to be hanging over his head. 

Craig Levein of course knew this and knew no clean slate was being provided. That being the case he would have been determined to have the team champing at the bit and ‘at it’ in an effort to ‘distance’ himself from last seasons performances and results.

The reality is we’ve toiled in games versus the might of Stenhousemuir, East fife, Ross County and Hamilton.

Yip.

Wiping the slate clean is like wiping the slate clean with Cathro after the Dunfermline game. 

It’s not a game in isolation we’re talking about.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, Whatever said:

The cup last 16 showed how things can be and should be,  9 weeks out of 10. You should not get more than 4 lifeless rudderless performances in a season. 

The manager is carrying it all despite his players letting him down badly.  He's responsible for them sure enough but they have to take responsibility too. Bar Hickey these aren't kids

Nelly Terraces
7 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Wouldn't waste your time with his reply, NT, it's just the usual word salad.

Some folk can't distinguish between Proper Hearts Men and Proper 'Club' Men.

Don't worry my good man. Haven't read a single word of what the poor permanently bedroom bound & enraged chap has to say.

Indeed Sir. Succinctly put, Sadly, for a small minority, it would be beyond their mental capacity to understand. It's like Father Ted when he was explaining to Dougal the difference between the toy cows & those far away in a field.

Bazzas right boot

Nelly fae the terrace still on a personal crusade/ rant type thing. 

Talks about posters to other posters, gets All abusive, says he only replies to folk he knows in "real life" but goes on a public Internet forum... To post. 

He Then has the audacity to question the mental capacity of others.

If Levein keeps these types of posters away from Tynecastle, probably means Tynecastle is a safer place for the general public. 

Every cloud. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nelly fae the terrace still on a personal crusade/ rant type thing. 

Talks about posters to other posters, gets All abusive, says he only replies to folk he knows in "real life" but goes on a public Internet forum... To post. 

He Then has the audacity to question the mental capacity of others.

If Levein keeps these types of posters away from Tynecastle, probably means Tynecastle is a safer place for the general public. 

Every cloud. 

ALERT ALERT..................................

I venture to suggest that it would be prudent of you to do some research before you play the keyboard warrior, there's a good boy.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, 7628mm said:

ALERT ALERT..................................

I venture to suggest that it would be prudent of you to do some research before you play the keyboard warrior, there's a good boy.

Not a keyboard warrior, I very rarely get personal or abusive first but I take a lot of abuse, most of it for supporting Hearts and CL. 

However, as in life, if an arsehole starts and calls me a rat, I will give them it back. Be rude not too tbh. 

I don't like mud slinging but certain posters do seem to enjoy it. 

Anyway, off topic. 

If we beat Motherwell, God knows what the next move is. I actually think we'll beat Aberdeen as well, no matter how the Well game goes. 

6 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

If we beat Motherwell, God knows what the next move is. I actually think we'll beat Aberdeen as well, no matter how the Well game goes. 

Notice you've not mentioned the Hibs game inbetween those matches. Mixed allegiances?

Or rugby on that day?

😛

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Notice you've not mentioned the Hibs game inbetween those matches. Mixed allegiances?

Or rugby on that day?

😛

Got the rugby in Feb, already planned oot! 

For some reason I thought hibs and st mirren were after. 

Tbh I think we'll beat hibs and Aberdeen. 👍. Relatively confident given current form. 

Not sure of Motherwell and St mirren tho... 🤔

On 04/09/2019 at 16:21, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, if Motherwell beat us, he'll walk I think.

We'd be bottom and in pieces at the start of the season were he has been backed to the hilt.

The 5-0 pumping was shite but we were still around 5th or something, maybe even 4th.

We also had a man sent of, had several injuries and had had a good start to the season which no doubt bought him time ( deserved) and did the cup final run at the end of the season.

For comparison imagine we  had sacked Robbie after the 4-0 of them or Dodie after the 6-2 of St Mirren. We get the terrible  bad result, it happens, we've had worse even in recent seasons but it's not a problem if a one off, the problem is our form and if results continue. 

If we get beat of Motherwell that would mean no wins v bottom 6 sides in the league at home from 3 games. No wins in 5 leagues games into the new season.

The only good result would have been v them in the cup.

If he doesn't walk and Aberdeen beat us then imo he'll be sacked, if he did stay and we beat Aberdeen to get to another semi -I really don't know.

A certain Mr Muddle put it well , if he goes, we really could be up shit creak, if stays, we could be as well. 

Removing him now could give us more problems but results do need to improve, even if you did give him a clean slate from last season to this one , he's using up credit very quickly!

B B B B B But.......the five year plan......!!

StirlingJambo

Don’t think I’ll bother watching this one. Ever since going abroad to work I’ve watched most games on Hearts TV and I’ve yet to watch us win a game on it. 

20 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Its a smile, i liked his reply, hope that clears up any problem lol.

Simple things, i suppose.

Weakened Offender
On 04/09/2019 at 18:40, Smith's right boot said:

85% rangers/ 15% hibs

I compared it to choosing between a broken arm and broken leg, I chose hibs on the poll.

I dislike rangers more than hibs I think Rangers are more of a threat to Hearts, blah blah. been done to death.

I am not Simon Gray, I did not score the winner for them ( honestly),I did not celebrate hibs winning the cup in any way shape or form. It just didn't bother me that much.

I probably dislike The Rangers more than Hibs but I still wanted The Rangers to win the cup.

Having said that, I was over it pretty quickly. It didn't bother me that much at all. I found the antics of Hearts fans who'd lorded it over them for nearly 20 years pretty cringey when they eventually managed to tap players off Celtic to win it. Quite sad.

portobellojambo1

Can we beat Motherwell, of course we can we have already done so, when we used a style of play which worked for us. Will we beat them next Saturday, I really don't know. If we adopt the same style we used against them at Fir Park then my answer is yes, if we adopt the same style we have used against both Ross County and Hamilton at home then the answer is no. I didn't think I'd ever see us adopt the same approach against Ross County again as it failed miserably. But it was if when watching the Hamilton game that we had been lined up that way to try and prove something and it failed miserably. Managing and coaching involves learning from mistakes, not repeating those mistakes.

19 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Can we beat Motherwell, of course we can we have already done so, when we used a style of play which worked for us. Will we beat them next Saturday, I really don't know. If we adopt the same style we used against them at Fir Park then my answer is yes, if we adopt the same style we have used against both Ross County and Hamilton at home then the answer is no. I didn't think I'd ever see us adopt the same approach against Ross County again as it failed miserably. But it was if when watching the Hamilton game that we had been lined up that way to try and prove something and it failed miserably. Managing and coaching involves learning from mistakes, not repeating those mistakes.

Early goal is vital I feel. It goes without saying that there will be nerves all around Tynecastle on Saturday. A goal early will release some pressure and, hopefully, with the crowd behind them, can push them onto a good victory.

The alternative to that is unthinkable and will be the end for him for many. For the record, i’m already there but, obviously, will be behind them from the off.

On 05/09/2019 at 07:33, Smith's right boot said:

Got the rugby in Feb, already planned oot! 

For some reason I thought hibs and st mirren were after. 

Tbh I think we'll beat hibs and Aberdeen. 👍. Relatively confident given current form. 

Not sure of Motherwell and St mirren tho... 🤔

Did you actually want hibs to win the cup? You wanted them to break their 100 and odd year hoodoo? 

You dirty little sicko.  No Hearts fan would've wanted that.  Most of us despise Rangers, but wouldn't have wanted them to lose that day.

You can still justify this?

portobellojambo1
19 minutes ago, Boab said:

Early goal is vital I feel. It goes without saying that there will be nerves all around Tynecastle on Saturday. A goal early will release some pressure and, hopefully, with the crowd behind them, can push them onto a good victory.

The alternative to that is unthinkable and will be the end for him for many. For the record, i’m already there but, obviously, will be behind them from the off.

The game at Fir Park proved we can play football Boab, and the players approached it without fear. And we used those who were in midfield positions, instead of bypassing them with long balls aimed at a sole player up front, as per both RC and Hamilton. Washington played really well at Fir Park, when the ball was played to him at his feet and players were running off him. Look at the difference with how he played against Hamilton, when the ball was launched up at him on his own, and like almost every forward we have used in that way he looked awful. We do have a good squad of players in my opinion, the Motherwell game proved they can play well together, why, in fact fecking why, did the manager and coaches not see that as well. Certainly if people aren't more concerned should we lose this game I think the shit will definitely hit the fan big style if we go down to Easter Road and lose there, with an important cup tie to then follow in the midweek.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, FruitJuice said:

Did you actually want hibs to win the cup? You wanted them to break their 100 and odd year hoodoo? 

You dirty little sicko.  No Hearts fan would've wanted that.  Most of us despise Rangers, but wouldn't have wanted them to lose that day.

**** off.

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

**** off.

I'm sure I've heard that 90% if anger comes from guilt.

A justified reply.

Edited by FruitJuice

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

I probably dislike The Rangers more than Hibs but I still wanted The Rangers to win the cup.

Having said that, I was over it pretty quickly. It didn't bother me that much at all. I found the antics of Hearts fans who'd lorded it over them for nearly 20 years pretty cringey when they eventually managed to tap players off Celtic to win it. Quite sad.

If ranger had won it I would have found it funny as hell. In a weird way it was almost win/ win. laugh at hibs or laugh at Rangers., nah actually it was lose/ lose although like you I moved on what hibs do doesn't generally concern me too much and the fact that Rangers mark2 has still won nothing is a small crumb of comfort.

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If ranger had won it I would have found it funny as hell. In a weird way it was almost win/ win. laugh at hibs or laugh at Rangers., nah actually it was lose/ lose although like you I moved on what hibs do doesn't generally concern me too much and the fact that Rangers mark2 has still won nothing is a small crumb of comfort.

A small crumb of comfort was your preference.

2 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

Superbly put 🤣

People that think you should prefer one of Rangers v Hibs, or Celtic v Hibs, or Rangers v Celtic are idiots.

It's as simple as that.

As far as I'm concerned, you should only worry about 1 club and it's not from Leith or Glasgow. 

5 hours ago, Boab said:

As the recent poll shows, 95% of fans have already had enough of him. Losing to motherwell will make no difference. We're stuck with him unfortunately for the rest of the season. Its ridiculous.

We're going into our third season of crap under him. There has been plenty occasions to get rid of him in the past (livi 5-0, after cup final, after ross co draw when we should have got beat, hamilton draw at home should have been the final straw) but he's still hanging on in there! 

On 04/09/2019 at 18:40, Smith's right boot said:

85% rangers/ 15% hibs

Well it bothered me!! 😖

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

People that think you should prefer one of Rangers v Hibs, or Celtic v Hibs, or Rangers v Celtic are idiots.

It's as simple as that.

As far as I'm concerned, you should only worry about 1 club and it's not from Leith or Glasgow. 

Arguing over the order is daft as well.

Id someone hates Celtic more than Rangers, or rangers more than celtic or celtic more than hibs, or hibs more than celtic…. who cares and why if someone for example dislikes rangers more than celtic or hibs does it wind so many folk up?

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Arguing over the order is daft as well.

Id someone hates Celtic more than Rangers, or rangers more than celtic or celtic more than hibs, or hibs more than celtic…. who cares and why if someone for example dislikes rangers more than celtic or hibs does it wind so many folk up?

Let it go...

You must admit that you would pounce if the was someone else.  I think you just have to ride this one out. 

Not sure what to make of Motherwell, were not good in the cup game but two thumping wins since. Will be coming to Tynie expecting a result for sure. 

9 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Well it bothered me!! 😖

It bothered me too as I had £1k on the rangers to win. Was absolutely seething the green vermin tramps won. I wanted to go my grave or at least through the next 25 years of my life never having seen (not in person) them win anything ever again. 

Cant believe any real Hearts fan would want them to beat the rangers.Surprised the poll showed 15% did. Must have been interlopers or mentally impaired jambos to want your most hated rivals to win the cup. 

On 03/09/2019 at 17:20, Enzo Chiefo said:

I don't like him but I want him sacked because of the abject failure that he has presided over for 3 years now. He holds an absurd amount of power at the club and has failed to deliver. That's a bit more credible than defending him just because he was a great player about 30 years ago,; not the only great player we have had over the years it's worth bearing in mind..

A justified and unbiased post if ever there was one. I concur wholeheartedly but I’d have started the sentence with.... I don’t dislike him but I want him sacked. I feel we are only papering over the cracks until the end of the season. Can still see him at the helm come the split. He won’t walk away and AB won’t ask him to step down. 

4 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

It bothered me too as I had £1k on the rangers to win. Was absolutely seething the green vermin tramps won. I wanted to go my grave or at least through the next 25 years of my life never having seen (not in person) them win anything ever again. 

Cant believe any real Hearts fan would want them to beat the rangers.Surprised the poll showed 15% did. Must have been interlopers or mentally impaired jambos to want your most hated rivals to win the cup. 

Any hearts fan that wanted hibs to win is not a hearts fan, pretty simple imho

21 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Any hearts fan that wanted hibs to win is not a hearts fan, pretty simple imho

The 15% claim?  Does he not think that they were probably interlopers and was he the only one to openly declare his love?  There's no justification for it ever.