Motherwell game

DB-14

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Not if we are winning and playing decent football

Not too sure about that. There are more, but, off the top of my head, we beat the sheep 2 zip at Tynecastle a season or two back. Played not too badly, took care of the sheep pretty easily. You could have heard a pin drop in the second half and that was at 2 up !

Enjoy away days far more these days.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• FruitJuice

• Beast Boy

• Boab

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Treasurer
43 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Not if we are winning and playing decent football

As Boab says, derbies aside, you can count on one hand the number of games you could say had an 'atmosphere'

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Naismith had something in his contract about him deciding ( within reason ) re his Scotland appearances. 

Very possible. 

Why are people assuming that if we are losing or struggling v Motherwell, it will result in Levein getting punted?

We'd only won 1 of 5 matches leaving up to the Livingston 5-0 pumping. And he kept his job.

He's here for the season. 

5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hates Levein more than he likes Hearts. 

But, aye it's not personal, eh? 

I don't like him but I want him sacked because of the abject failure that he has presided over for 3 years now. He holds an absurd amount of power at the club and has failed to deliver. That's a bit more credible than defending him just because he was a great player about 30 years ago,; not the only great player we have had over the years it's worth bearing in mind..

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I don't like him but I want him sacked because of the abject failure that he has presided over for 3 years now. He holds an absurd amount of power at the club and has failed to deliver. That's a bit more credible than defending him just because he was a great player about 30 years ago,; not the only great player we have had over the years it's worth bearing in mind..

So, it is personal. 

Least you've admited that. 

Probably feel OK now saying it, as a year ago it would have undermined everything you said on here, but now given the poor start it doesn't matter. 

Well played. 

Politics at it's finest. 

Pretend it's not personal, but when the tide turns in your favour just take the mask off and go for it. 

19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So, it is personal. 

Probably feel OK now saying it, as a year ago it would have undermined everything you said on here, but now given the poor start it doesn't matter. 

Well played. 

Politics at it's finest. 

Pretend it's not personal, but when the tide turns in your favour just take the mask off and go for it. 

I appreciate that you lead the LSD - Levein's Sycophant Division - but what part of "i want him sacked because of the abjrct failure that he has presided over for 3 years now" lleads you to the conclusion that it's "personal" rather than "results based"? The penny will eventually drop with you and your happy band.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I appreciate that you lead the LSD - Levein's Sycophant Division - but what part of "i want him sacked because of the abjrct failure that he has presided over for 3 years now" lleads you to the conclusion that it's "personal" rather than "results based"? The penny will eventually drop with you and your happy band.

You're opening line... 

"I don't like him but" 

Was a give away. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Stephen Muddie
3 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Why are people assuming that if we are losing or struggling v Motherwell, it will result in Levein getting punted?

We'd only won 1 of 5 matches leaving up to the Livingston 5-0 pumping. And he kept his job.

:muggy:

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You're opening line... 

"I don't like him but" 

Was a give away. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Not liking Levein is hardly a unique posirion either among our own supporters or indeed throughout Scottish football. I wasn't aware you had to like, wweeeellly wwweeelly like, the manager of our club. How csn Annie enforce this club policy? A personal interrogation from her before you can buy a ticket? Lie detectors at the turnstile? An interesting concept certainly but I really can't see it catching on. You're trying hard Smithie old son but probably best to stop digging.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not liking Levein is hardly a unique posirion either among our own supporters or indeed throughout Scottish football. I wasn't aware you had to like, wweeeellly wwweeelly like, the manager of our club. How csn Annie enforce this club policy? A personal interrogation from her before you can buy a ticket? Lie detectors at the turnstile? An interesting concept certainly but I really can't see it catching on. You're trying hard Smithie old son but probably best to stop digging.

You admitted it's personal and are now just making yourself look silly. 

You're a grown man who doesn't like another and after about 12 months or so of you berating him and trying to disguise it as just about the best for  club and football you let your mask slip. 

For over a year, many folk have said posters like yourself were making it personal, posters like yourself denied it. 

It's fine tho, be true to yourself and due to the results this season I now agree that he may need to be moved on. 

It being personal now is irrelevent, as results and performances are poor, however if you'd come out with that when you first went in a huff it would have seriously undermined your whole point for posting on here for the past 12 months or so. 

30 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You admitted it's personal and are now just making yourself look silly. 

You're a grown man who doesn't like another and after about 12 months or so of you berating him and trying to disguise it as just about the best for  club and football you let your mask slip. 

For over a year, many folk have said posters like yourself were making it personal, posters like yourself denied it. 

It's fine tho, be true to yourself and due to the results this season I now agree that he may need to be moved on. 

It being personal now is irrelevent, as results and performances are poor, however if you'd come out with that when you first went in a huff it would have seriously undermined your whole point for posting on here for the past 12 months or so. 

I will try again . Which part of "I want him sacked because of the abject failure he has presided over for 3 years " leads you to conclude that it is personal??? If you think I have only admitted now that I don't like Levein then you quite simply having been paying attention.  An answer to my question would be appreciated. No more diversions please. I can't really be bothered asking you again.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I will try again . Which part of "I want him sacked because of the abject failure he has presided over for 3 years " leads you to conclude that it is personal??? If you think I have only admitted now that I don't like Levein then you quite simply having been paying attention.  An answer to my question would be appreciated. No more diversions please. I can't really be bothered asking you again.

You started that sentence of with

"I don't like the man but" ya water melon. 

You couldn't have used the 3 year reason - 12 months or so ago? That wouldn't make sense. 

"I don't like" is the summit of being personal  and not balanced or pragmatic in your outlook. 

You started your post with that phrase 

"I don't like the man, but".... 

Ffs. 

As I said it's irrelevant now as results this season will dictate what happens personal or not. 

It's not a diversion, it gets to the root of why you have been so against him for so long-"you don't like the man" . 

Fair enough. I think many others are in the same boat despite denying it for so long. 

You're in good company, Gary Mackay does not like him either. 

It looks like he will fail, he'll be removed and the man you don't like wil be removed from the club. 

You're a winner. 

His job seems to be safe until this game due to the international break which ironically was one of his worst spells as a manager. I remember the abuse he took at Hampden as manager and he still refused to resign which shows you how much. Tartan army never got over 4 6 0!

9 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Last season’s League Cup QF v Motherwell had a great atmosphere. Both my son and I remarked that, despite the attendance being lower than for league fixtures, it was more like the old Tynecastle. So why?

The game was fairly end-to-end first half, but Hearts came out after half time and absolutely battered them until Haring put us ahead. They scored an equaliser from a long range punt but we reacted by pounding them again until Lee scored with Naismith adding another near the end.

No need for drumming or singing sections. Just a ‘roll up the sleeves’ attitude from the team that got the crowd going.

That used to be common at Tynecastle, even when we didnt have the best of teams, but has been missing more recently.

NAILED IT!!!! 👍

12 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Last season’s League Cup QF v Motherwell had a great atmosphere. Both my son and I remarked that, despite the attendance being lower than for league fixtures, it was more like the old Tynecastle. So why?

The game was fairly end-to-end first half, but Hearts came out after half time and absolutely battered them until Haring put us ahead. They scored an equaliser from a long range punt but we reacted by pounding them again until Lee scored with Naismith adding another near the end.

No need for drumming or singing sections. Just a ‘roll up the sleeves’ attitude from the team that got the crowd going.

That used to be common at Tynecastle, even when we didnt have the best of teams, but has been missing more recently.

Spot on.

There was only 12k at the Zagreb 2nd leg at Tynecastle a few years back. No one gave us a sniff but the crowd were fantastic and if Zal could have poked away that third, we may well have done something special. 

Special place, Tynecastle, when all the ingredients are there. Oh for that back again. Seems a lifetime ago.

Edited by Boab

13 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Don't want to be cynical but he is on 49 caps one away from the hall of fame. 

It's still club before country Steven. 

No way he should be away with Scotland. 

Imagine he does get game time and tears his hamstring!!!. 

I really like him and he is a superb player but he and Hearts have made the wrong call on this IMO. 

Defo club before country , 

8 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Exactly " he going nowhere soon,, him and her with their extraordinary closeness,,,isnt going to break up any time soon,

Stephen Muddie
25 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Exactly " he going nowhere soon,, him and her with their extraordinary closeness,,,isnt going to break up any time soon,

Do you go to games? Trust me, if he loses to Motherwell, there's nothing that can stop him getting the boot. If there is, I give up.

5 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Do you go to games? Trust me, if he loses to Motherwell, there's nothing that can stop him getting the boot. If there is, I give up.

Every home game,and

Few away 

Stephen Muddie
5 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Every home game,and

Few away 

That's good. Have faith man. If we lose let's refuse to leave. That's my solution. If we want him out we need to DO something, not just say shit.

He’s going nowhere

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17878790.craig-levein-plans-defensive-boot-camp-hearts-international-break/

3rd September

Craig Levein plans defensive boot camp for Hearts during international break

Hearts manager Craig Levein has come under pressure recently

UNDER-FIRE Hearts manager Craig Levein has vowed to use the international break to put his players through a crash-course in defending.

Levein was seething after watching his sloppy side play out a 2-2 draw against Hamilton on Saturday, with the hosts blowing a lead twice in woefully soft fashion.

The capital club have also shipped three goals against Aberdeen and Celtic this term.

However, Levein is adamant tightening up his backline is a far less difficult task than creating a potent attack – and he fully intends to use the next fortnight wisely.

He said: “There is some consolation there that the defensive side is easier to fix than the attacking side. I can do something about that and take my frustration out on the training ground.

“We’ll get time to do some work on the training ground and I feel good about that. Sometimes when you have a problem, having an easy solution to it makes you feel much better than scratching your head. We can do lots of work.

“Even when you’re under pressure, the defending is still the easier thing to do. Essentially it was our defending that let us down on Saturday – two goals at home should be enough to win the game. We just didn’t do the basics properly.

“We need to do more work on the training ground with regards to keeping the ball out of the net.

If we can defend better then the confidence will come, I’m sure of that.”

HeraldScotland:

READ MORE: Celtic sign Lee O'Connor from Manchester United

Hearts host Motherwell following the international hiatus as they bid to appease the increasingly restless natives at Tynecastle Park, with Levein conceding that their Gorgie home can be a daunting stage for his players when things are not going well.

He added: “To play here is not easy. When things are going well it’s fantastic but when things aren’t going well it’s very difficult to rise above and shine when other people are feeling a bit nervous.

“I sense that the supporters are just as frustrated, if not more so, than I am.”

Levein, however, was buoyed by the midfield contributions of Glenn Whelan, who claimed the sponsors’ man of the match award following a composed showing, and talented teenager Andy Irving.

He added: “On the plus side of things, I thought Andy Irving had another really good match, Glenn Whelan was good and we controlled the midfield in the first half in particular. We had some good moments of play.”

Meanwhile, Hearts expect Aaron Hickey and Aidy White to be fit for their home clash against Motherwell.

Hickey, who only turned 17 in June, dropped out of the Scotland under-19 squad to face Japan this week after it was decided that the youngster needed a period of rest after playing in seven senior games already this term.

White, meanwhile, was withdrawn in the second half of the Jambos’ draw against Accies after feeling a slight discomfort in his hamstring. However, it is understood that decision was precautionary and Hearts have no fears over his long-term fitness.

It concerns me that he thinks our problems are only defensive. 

We created next to nothing in the second half on Saturday. Starting with a lone striker at home against teams like Hamilton is also unacceptable in my opinion. 

The only people to be affected by a negative result in this game will be the fans. Levein and his pointless sidekicks will go on, the players will go home and sleep sound and Budge will go to some function at night and lap up the praise and adulation.

for god sake what a slaver levein is ,defensive bootcamps ha ha,where was the defensive bootcamp when we shipped 5 goals to livi.every time he opens his mouth I get more depressed

1 hour ago, flem said:

It concerns me that he thinks our problems are only defensive. 

We created next to nothing in the second half on Saturday. Starting with a lone striker at home against teams like Hamilton is also unacceptable in my opinion. 

Agreed.  Yes we have been sloppy defensively but we also lack creativity, confidence, shape, Plan B all of which sits with Manager\Coaches.  

Nelly Terraces
16 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

So, it is personal. 

Well played. 

Politics at it's finest. 

Are the the boy that wanted the vermin to win the Scottish cup?

Absolute stinking hobo rat. And never a Hearts supporter in a million years.

As for Enzo - he's been going week in & out with his Dad for as long as I can remember. Loves Hearts & us also a top bloke who is well liked by those who know him. Thought I'd just stick the record back in the right groove there.

Now, back to your slavering you social inadequate. And as per, DO NOT BOTHER replying to this message, I NEVER read responses from you, or anyone else I don't know out there in the real world.

Cheers.  

annushorribilis III
4 hours ago, Newton51 said:

He’s going nowhere

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17878790.craig-levein-plans-defensive-boot-camp-hearts-international-break/

3rd September

HeraldScotland:

He added: “To play here is not easy. When things are going well it’s fantastic but when things aren’t going well it’s very difficult to rise above and shine when other people are feeling a bit nervous.

“I sense that the supporters are just as frustrated, if not more so, than I am.”

Levein should be ashamed : deflection & blaming the fans for his shit show, his arrogance knows no limits. I was resigned to his seeing out the season but the sooner he is gone the better. 

Governor Tarkin
15 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

His inability to wrap his head around simple points is amusing.

1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

As for Enzo - he's been going week in & out with his Dad for as long as I can remember. Loves Hearts & us also a top bloke who is well liked by those who know him. Thought I'd just stick the record back in the right groove there.

Now, back to your slavering you social inadequate. And as per, DO NOT BOTHER replying to this message, I NEVER read responses from you, or anyone else I don't know out there in the real world.

Cheers.  

:jjyay:

oh ah grantona
On 03/09/2019 at 10:16, Robbo-Jambo said:

That crossed my mind too seeing him get interviewed last night with the Scotland gear on. 

We were told he would be OK for the Hamilton game and he only got 10 mins and we were struggling like hell. 

If he has an ongoing problem with his hamstring he should have pulled out of the squad to receive treatment at his club and not be risking any further damage if Scotland decide to use him. 

He wants that 50 caps tag and rightly so I'd imagine if he gets it this time you might see him play less for Scotland if not 100%

I could be wrong but surely that has to be the communication from the club

21 minutes ago, oh ah grantona said:

He wants that 50 caps tag and rightly so I'd imagine if he gets it this time you might see him play less for Scotland if not 100%

I could be wrong but surely that has to be the communication from the club

That could be the thoughts of him and the club but don't think they would ever admit to it. 

I would love him to get 50 caps but not to the detriment of us because he is so vital a player. 

If he does get game time with Scotland I think everybody will be looking through their fingers and hoping nothing happens. 

If they could just give him 30 seconds to get that 50th cap that would be ideal.😄😄

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Cheers.  

I'll respond in kind. 

I prefer hibs over Rangers, if you wanted rangers to win does that make you a dirty Govan, orange, bigoted, loyalist loving diet hun?  Or just a Hearts fan that hates hibs more than rangers. 

Pm me tho, it's off topic and unlike you and others I don't particularly like discussing hibs winning the sc. 

It's a bit shite. 

My St and FOH contributions say I'm a Hearts fan despite you're wee sad, emotional outburst. 

like some I back the team through good and bad times and don't go in the huff and turn on our own at the first sign of trouble, I also don't have anything personal against our manager, unlike some have admited to on here. 

If you don't read responses from folk on the Internet don't bother posting to others in the first place ya absolute roster then folk wouldn't need to reply to your hard man Internet type assaults. 

👍

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'll respond in kind. 

I prefer hibs over Rangers, if you wanted rangers to win does that make you a dirty Govan, orange, bigoted, loyalist loving diet hun?  Or just a Hearts fan that hates hibs more than rangers. 

Pm me tho, it's off topic and unlike you and others I don't particularly like discussing hibs winning the sc. 

It's a bit shite. 

My St and FOH contributions say I'm a Hearts fan despite you're wee sad, emotional outburst. 

like some I back the team through good and bad times and don't go in the huff and turn on our own at the first sign of trouble, I also don't have anything personal against our manager, unlike some have admited to on here. 

If you don't read responses from folk on the Internet don't bother posting to others in the first place ya absolute roster then folk wouldn't need to reply to your hard man Internet type assaults. 

👍

You really do behave like a complete "spangle" most of the time.

Oh and hearty congratulations for reaching over 30,000 posts it really is an achievement never seen before on JKB. An average of over 15 posts every day since you joined and 99% complete and utter trolling garbage.

Pasquale for King
18 hours ago, weehammy said:

Spot on.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Oh and hearty congratulations for reaching over 30,000 posts it really is an achievement never seen before on JKB. An average of over 15 posts every day since you joined and 99% complete and utter trolling garbage.

Do you every add to a thread? 

15 posts per day?I'm working too hard, really need to take more breaks and get those numbers up. 

You worked that out, just to make some kind of pointaa well. Well done. 

If only 1% of my posts aren't garbage, it's  still a higher % than yours👍

better_call_saul
4 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Cheers.  

Someone's got sand in their vagina.

Defensive boot camp?  What is needed is to boot Berra to the bench for a start.  It is not ideal that Smith and Souttar are injured but the squad is big enough to cover.

Shame it's a boring international weekend. 

Much prefer games coming thick and fast when your struggling. 

We'll beat Motherwell comfortably and kick on now, plenty signs again on Saturday that little partnerships are forming and this group are better individually than we've had for a while. 

The next 2 months are going to be very good for us.

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, Noah Claypole said:

Shame it's a boring international weekend. 

Much prefer games coming thick and fast when your struggling. 

We'll beat Motherwell comfortably and kick on now, plenty signs again on Saturday that little partnerships are forming and this group are better individually than we've had for a while. 

The next 2 months are going to be very good for us.

😂😂

Nelly Terraces
3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

His inability to wrap his head around simple points is amusing.

:jjyay:

You can do one as well ya prick heh heh! :laugh: 

Genuinely though - log back in here & I've a notification from you, nice one... &  despite what I'd have thought was a pretty clear message to him not to waste his time or laughable anger,  another from the social inadequate that is SRB. Obviously haven't read it, but the wee lad just won't take a telling eh mate!😂

annushorribilis III
50 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

:clap:

9 hours ago, Newton51 said:

He’s going nowhere

3rd September

UNDER-FIRE Hearts manager Craig Levein has vowed to use the international break to put his players through a crash-course in defending.

Levein was seething after watching his sloppy side play out a 2-2 draw against Hamilton on Saturday, with the hosts blowing a lead twice in woefully soft fashion.

The capital club have also shipped three goals against Aberdeen and Celtic this term.

However, Levein is adamant tightening up his backline is a far less difficult task than creating a potent attack – and he fully intends to use the next fortnight wisely.

He said: “There is some consolation there that the defensive side is easier to fix than the attacking side. I can do something about that and take my frustration out on the training ground.

“We’ll get time to do some work on the training ground and I feel good about that. Sometimes when you have a problem, having an easy solution to it makes you feel much better than scratching your head. We can do lots of work.

“Even when you’re under pressure, the defending is still the easier thing to do. Essentially it was our defending that let us down on Saturday – two goals at home should be enough to win the game. We just didn’t do the basics properly.

“We need to do more work on the training ground with regards to keeping the ball out of the net.

If we can defend better then the confidence will come, I’m sure of that.”

HeraldScotland:

Hearts host Motherwell following the international hiatus as they bid to appease the increasingly restless natives at Tynecastle Park, with Levein conceding that their Gorgie home can be a daunting stage for his players when things are not going well.

Levein, however, was buoyed by the midfield contributions of Glenn Whelan, who claimed the sponsors’ man of the match award following a composed showing, and talented teenager Andy Irving.

He added: “On the plus side of things, I thought Andy Irving had another really good match, Glenn Whelan was good and we controlled the midfield in the first half in particular. We had some good moments of play.”

Meanwhile, Hearts expect Aaron Hickey and Aidy White to be fit for their home clash against Motherwell.

Hickey, who only turned 17 in June, dropped out of the Scotland under-19 squad to face Japan this week after it was decided that the youngster needed a period of rest after playing in seven senior games already this term.

White, meanwhile, was withdrawn in the second half of the Jambos’ draw against Accies after feeling a slight discomfort in his hamstring. However, it is understood that decision was precautionary and Hearts have no fears over his long-term fitness.

A crash course on defending? This is something Levein should be doing on a daily basis.

Defensive boot camp. Work on everyone defending better and start clinging on to those 1 goal leads for dear life. **** me the already pretty meager entertainment levels are about to plummet. Can't wait.

Governor Tarkin
24 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

You can do one as well ya prick heh heh! :laugh: 

Genuinely though - log back in here & I've a notification from you, nice one... &  despite what I'd have thought was a pretty clear message to him not to waste his time or laughable anger,  another from the social inadequate that is SRB. Obviously haven't read it, but the wee lad just won't take a telling eh mate!😂

Wouldn't waste your time with his reply, NT, it's just the usual word salad.

Some folk can't distinguish between Proper Hearts Men and Proper 'Club' Men.

5 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Cheers.  

What a pile of shite from someone who doesn't even go to our games. Bloody pathetic

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'll respond in kind. 

It's a bit shite. 

👍

Well said

On 03/09/2019 at 15:10, OmiyaHearts said:

No he is not

the fans won't allow it if this form continues under Craig Levein

Lose to Motherwell and they'll be protesting outside the main stand come 5pm 

Hampden Demolition
4 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

No he is not

the fans won't allow it if this form continues under Craig Levein

Lose to Motherwell and they'll be protesting outside the main stand come 5pm 

I think the protests outside the main stand will have started long before the first whistle to be honest.