Motherwell game

DB-14

6 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Motherwell is the last chance saloon for Levein. Hopefully we out on a good show and can go on a wee run of victories. A few weeks time we could (should) be in the top 6 and heading to Hampden. What then for the boycotters?

And if we fail to beat Motherwell, will it be...we can’t lose the derby ?

Also, boycotters ? When was this arranged ?

I never got the memo !

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• FruitJuice

• Beast Boy

• Boab

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Boab said:

I never got the memo !

Have no doubt he will still be here for the Hibs game no matter what. ☹️

16 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

That crossed my mind too seeing him get interviewed last night with the Scotland gear on. 

We were told he would be OK for the Hamilton game and he only got 10 mins and we were struggling like hell. 

If he has an ongoing problem with his hamstring he should have pulled out of the squad to receive treatment at his club and not be risking any further damage if Scotland decide to use him. 

Don't want to be cynical but he is on 49 caps one away from the hall of fame. 

It's still club before country Steven. 

No way he should be away with Scotland. 

Imagine he does get game time and tears his hamstring!!!. 

I really like him and he is a superb player but he and Hearts have made the wrong call on this IMO. 

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

PhoenixHearts
5 hours ago, Jodami said:

I suspect the home support will be slightly down on Saturday. To be fair the crowd at Tynecastle has been extremely supportive. We were right behind the team on Saturday and there was real excitement when Meshino came on. Some people only turned after the second equaliser when it became apparent that we couldn't even muster a final push to win the game. Levein has been treated extremely fairly given the appalling run of league results this year. 

The Tynecastle attendance will likely be zero on Saturday, although we can't discount one or two numpties showing up.

PhoenixHearts
3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Don't want to be cynical but he is on 49 caps one away from the hall of fame. 

It's still club before country Steven. 

No way he should be away with Scotland. 

Imagine he does get game time and tears his hamstring!!!. 

I really like him and he is a superb player but he and Hearts have made the wrong call on this IMO. 

To be fair, there's maybe a chance he tears his hamstring, but there's also a fair chance he comes on for the last 10 minutes, gets his 50th cap and scores a late game winner or equaliser. I wouldn't begrudge him that.

been here before
6 hours ago, graygo said:

On a slightly serious note (very slightly) I'm sure I read somewhere that there is almost an unwritten agreement that we shoot towards the Roseburn when at home regardless of toss win, at the time I thought Hamilton had changed that to try to disrupt our thought process, marginal gains and all that.

It is a fact that we normally shoot towards the Roseburn first half.

Totally twisted my mojo throughout the game

Kept thinking the first half was the 2nd. Then thought the 2nd half was extra time. Took me a good 15 minutes sitting alone in the ground to realise it hadnt gone to penalties.

I am going to a wedding so cant make the game thankfully. My seats will be empty.

I can see us struggling against Motherwell. They will be on a high after gubbing Hibs and will be out for revenge after us knocking them out of the cup.

Can see this one ending in carnage.

26 minutes ago, Boab said:

I never got the memo !

Did you read my first line?? 

1 hour ago, Boab said:

If it’s each to their own, then why have a sly wee dig at him.

At this moment, I would never have a go at anyone for swerving this shite. 

Well said.

1 hour ago, 7628mm said:

The ones that do not attend games at the moment are the lucky ones. 

they are indeed, the only reason i'm looking forward to the motherwell game is that with a combination of the fixture list and holiday's i'll not be at another game until near the end of october

MarkDevriesScores4

Naismith shouldn’t be away with the Scotland squad for 2 reasons.

1: he hasn’t really played any football in months so why does he justify a call-up?

2: Levein keeps telling us he’s not fit yet. If he’s not fit for club then he’s not fit for country.

Held back Hickey from travelling with the U19s to protect him, why not do the same for a player we are told is still getting back to fitness?

This club continues to bamboozle

Allowayjambo1874

Going against the grain here, Naismith might not have many more opportunities to win caps and he’s desperate to get to 50. That was always the case, the club would’ve known this pre giving him a 4 year contract and everyone on here would’ve accepted this if it meant him staying at Tynecastle. He may not get on for Scotland or just play for 10 minutes in one of the games but that’s the deal. 

This is is hardly an Aaron Hughes situation, when he is fully fit he’ll play 90 minutes for Hearts 

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

That crossed my mind too seeing him get interviewed last night with the Scotland gear on. 

We were told he would be OK for the Hamilton game and he only got 10 mins and we were struggling like hell. 

If he has an ongoing problem with his hamstring he should have pulled out of the squad to receive treatment at his club and not be risking any further damage if Scotland decide to use him. 

The published reason for not starting him Saturday was not his hamstring but that he felt tired after Friday’s training. Hopefully fit to start against Motherwell and some match practice might be of benefit to us. Fingers crossed.  

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The published reason for not starting him Saturday was not his hamstring but that he felt tired after Friday’s training. Hopefully fit to start against Motherwell and some match practice might be of benefit to us. Fingers crossed.  

He said in the News he felt his hamstring. 

been here before
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

In the interview with Levein I heard on the way to the game he said Naismith had trained on the Friday, had felt his hamstring and as such was being replaced in the starting XI.

I’ll be there after missing Hamilton. Hope its as good as the cup game.

Sure there will be Hearts “fans” hoping we get beat in order to see the back of CL

Im not one of them

11 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Be a big crowd tho, loads coming back just to protest. 

Could be a sell oot! 

I'll wait for the first post Levein game if I can get a ticket. What an atmo it will be that day.

The Treasurer
56 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

1: he hasn’t really played any football in months so why does he justify a call-up?

2: Levein keeps telling us he’s not fit yet. If he’s not fit for club then he’s not fit for country.

Held back Hickey from travelling with the U19s to protect him, why not do the same for a player we are told is still getting back to fitness?

It's not just the club who are sending mixed messages.

Clarke left the thumb out of the squad as he "needs more time to get back to playing regularly". Yet he has had far more game time this season than Naismith

31 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Oh right didn't realise that was the reason.

Thought it would be the hamstring again. 

Suppose that puts a different spin on it. 

Still worry when Hearts players go with the national team nowadays. 

Our bad luck with injuries makes you a bit paranoid I think!!!!!. ☹️

Now people saying it was his hamstring. Bit confusing 🙄

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'll wait for the first post Levein game if I can get a ticket. What an atmo it will be that day.

Hates Levein more than he likes Hearts. 

But, aye it's not personal, eh? 

Stephen Muddie

6 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Oh right didn't realise that was the reason.

Thought it would be the hamstring again. 

Suppose that puts a different spin on it. 

Still worry when Hearts players go with the national team nowadays. 

Our bad luck with injuries makes you a bit paranoid I think!!!!!. ☹️

According to Craig Levein, it wasn't though.

1 hour ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

If it was his hamstring on Saturday that had him only getting 10 mins on the park, hard to disagree with the above tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

According to Craig Levein, it wasn't though.

Contrasting views coming in here!!! . If it was his injury he should have stayed here and not gone with the squad

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

30 minutes ago, been here before said:

In the interview with Levein I heard on the way to the game he said Naismith had trained on the Friday, had felt his hamstring and as such was being replaced in the starting XI.

Fair enough. My mistake. My fitness sentiment is still the same though. 

Stephen Muddie
1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Contrasting views coming in here. 

Felt his hamstring apparently. Couple other posters above agreeing with my recollection.

1 minute ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Felt his hamstring apparently. Couple other posters above agreeing with my recollection.

Yip, seems to be the case. 

1 minute ago, farin said:

If there’s not a massive change Motherwell will beat us. They’ve always been hard to break down at tynie & they’ll smell blood & try to turn the fans against the players early doors. Which won’t be hard now. 

Though we did beat them two weeks ago. 

1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

To be fair, there's maybe a chance he tears his hamstring, but there's also a fair chance he comes on for the last 10 minutes, gets his 50th cap and scores a late game winner or equaliser. I wouldn't begrudge him that.

Would you accept that if he was laid up for a few months in a game that he shouldn't really have played as he was not fit? 

We need him back desperately tbh. 

Seymour M Hersh
12 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Be a big crowd tho, loads coming back just to protest. 

Could be a sell oot! 

I hope you are wrong about that as it won't do our players any good. Motherwells on the other hand........

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Boab said:

If it’s each to their own, then why have a sly wee dig at him.

At this moment, I would never have a go at anyone for swerving this shite. 

One persons shite swerving is another persons not supporting the players on the pitch. 

Stephen Muddie
3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I hope you are wrong about that as it won't do our players any good. Motherwells on the other hand........

It's okay. Pretty sure he's referring to one or two "stay away" kickbackers who have stated they don't go to games any more but will turn up to make a commotion out the back.

10 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

In fairness to levein, he has had to cope with serious and niggling injuries to key players for months on end.  He has never been able to field what he would regard as his strongest line-up.  Were that not the case  we might just have had the Scottish Cup in the trophy cabinet.

No excuse though for so many abject performances such as the last one.

We simply have to play well and beat Motherwell.

Naismith was declared fit and only came on for the last 5 minutes against arguably the worst team in the f..king league. I've never boo-ed our team and never will but I can see an ugly situation coming up at the 'Well game. We're now entering a Cathro-esque period, and we all remember how that panned out after the Dunfermline game....!

Edited by Section Q

11 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

One persons shite swerving is another persons not supporting the players on the pitch. 

True.

Right now i’ve got more sympathy with the former.

PhoenixHearts
3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Would you accept that if he was laid up for a few months in a game that he shouldn't really have played as he was not fit? 

We need him back desperately tbh. 

Oh no, absolutely not. I would burn all my Scotland shirts. But what I'm saying is the chances of that happening are about the same as him getting injured; Slim.

He's a grown man and I'm sure he knows his body. He played a wee bit on Saturday and came out of it fine. I'm not exactly clamoring for him to play the full 90 here., but a harmless cameo would suit me, even if it's just for a reason to watch.

9 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Naismith was declared fit and only came on for the last 5 minutes against arguably the worst team in the f..king league. I've never boo-ed our team and never will but I can see an ugly situation coming up at the 'Well game. We're now entering a Cathro-esque period, and we all remember how that panned out after the Dunfermline game....!

I would say that apathy is a bigger danger than anger.

I remember just after Hibs bounced us out in the reply at ER in a performance which was as dis-jointed as you can get, we rolled up at Firhill that weekend. CL got it as tight as Cathro by a lot of people near the director’s box. This was a good while before they finally pulled the rug away.

I’ve not seen that level of seethe yet, which is worrying as apathy is a whole lot worse.

Should be an interesting afternoon !

1 minute ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Oh no, absolutely not. I would burn all my Scotland shirts. But what I'm saying is the chances of that happening are about the same as him getting injured; Slim.

He's a grown man and I'm sure he knows his body. He played a wee bit on Saturday and came out of it fine. I'm not exactly clamoring for him to play the full 90 here., but a harmless cameo would suit me, even if it's just for a reason to watch.

Don't know about the slim chance when he has already a problem with a hamstring. 

It's all about different opinions and i do see where you are coming from. 

Personally I wish he had stayed with us and taken no risks with our most important player. 

11 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Don't know about the slim chance when he has already a problem with a hamstring. 

It's all about different opinions and i do see where you are coming from. 

Personally I wish he had stayed with us and taken no risks with our most important player. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Naismith had something in his contract about him deciding ( within reason ) re his Scotland appearances. 

7 hours ago, Jodami said:

I suspect the home support will be slightly down on Saturday. To be fair the crowd at Tynecastle has been extremely supportive. We were right behind the team on Saturday and there was real excitement when Meshino came on. Some people only turned after the second equaliser when it became apparent that we couldn't even muster a final push to win the game. Levein has been treated extremely fairly given the appalling run of league results this year. 

This.

25 minutes ago, Boab said:

I remember just after Hibs bounced us out in the reply at ER in a performance which was as dis-jointed as you can get, we rolled up at Firhill that weekend. CL got it as tight as Cathro by a lot of people near the director’s box. This was a good while before they finally pulled the rug away.

I’ve not seen that level of seethe yet, which is worrying as apathy is a whole lot worse.

I remember that game. The fans turned big time. But despite this, the fans stood and applauded Sam Nicholson for being the one player that clearly bust a gut for the jersey that day. 

Regardless of what some say on here, our fans treat the players with respect when they earn it. Down tools and you will be treated accordingly.

23 minutes ago, Boab said:

The frustration that built up prior to the Dunfermline game resulted in huge levels of tension inside Tynecastle that day. You're right about the apathy though. That's how I felt during and immediately after the the last two home games. I think it's really important that Levin and Budge don't think the fans have accepted the present mediocrity.

3 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

I remember that game. The fans turned big time. But despite this, the fans stood and applauded Sam Nicholson for being the one player that clearly bust a gut for the jersey that day. 

Regardless of what some say on here, our fans treat the players with respect when they earn it. Down tools and you will be treated accordingly.

Spot on. Sam deserved applause that day.

1 minute ago, Section Q said:

The frustration that built up prior to the Dunfermline game resulted in huge levels of tension inside Tynecastle that day. You're right about the apathy though. That's how I felt during and immediately after the the last two home games. I think it's really important that Levin and Budge don't think the fans have accepted the present mediocrity.

Indeed. 

5 hours ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

He will start Naismith, even though he's not ready for 90 mins, hoping that, once again, he will bail him out. 

Off injured and out for months because he is rushed back..... Again. 

Naismith will be playing 90 minutes for scotland the week before no doubt 

11 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

In fairness to levein, he has had to cope with serious and niggling injuries to key players for months on end.  He has never been able to field what he would regard as his strongest line-up.  Were that not the case  we might just have had the Scottish Cup in the trophy cabinet.

No excuse though for so many abject performances such as the last one.

We simply have to play well and beat Motherwell.

Come off it he chops and changes from one game to the next injuries or not.

YouLetYourClubDie
17 minutes ago, Section Q said:

That would be a lot better than we are currently.

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Section Q said:

I think they believe we have, because we continue to back the club financially with season tickets sales only a few hundred down, and it’s only a minority booing or singing about Levein. The fact there was only 15k at both home games hasn’t seemed to have got through to them, protests at the game and afterwards is the only way I can see will get through to Ann without harming the club and withdrawing our financial backing.

6 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Nah.

The atmosphere will be the same as always, whether we're winning or losing, flat

Not if we are winning and playing decent football