Budgement day 2

pointon

2 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

You’d have heard her if someone had called Brian rice a fat Hibby B******.

She'd not be happy at the way the club comes across on radio right now then. The BBC having to repeatedly apologise for the language of supporters after Hamilton's second goal and especially at the end of the game with the swearing and abuse being flung by some of our fans (fair enough perhaps). Clear as day over the airwaves. Ann you should tune in and hear what the rest of the country is hearing from the stands at Tynecastle. No amount of good off field work shelters us from the reality of an under-performing team and coaching staff and the environment in stadium is not welcoming to the families you are trying to attract. You are undoing a lot of your own good work through inaction. 

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FruitJuice

• Bazzas right boot

• davemclaren

• shaun.lawson

2 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

You’d have heard her if someone had called Brian rice a fat Hibby B******.

Somebody did! I was sitting adjacent to the away dugout and there was a an exchange of words, in reasonably good humour, between someone behind me and Rice. He claimed at one point he played for Hearts but the person called him a Hibby Barsteward to which everyone laughed including Rice.  

56 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

But how often does a club need to make a decision over someone who is the Head Coach, Director of Football AND Board Director? Those are huge gaps to be filled if he moves on and i suspect any discussions will surround the exact responsibilities of the new role (if, indeed, any such discussions are taking place).

Totally agreed on that, of course. There's this enormous irony in all of this: normally, football clubs follow the DoF model specifically to ensure that no one man is indispensable. We're in a situation where we've completely hobbled ourselves, to the point whereby it's harder for us to sack that man than more or less any other British club!

What I meant by "these things playing themselves out at many other clubs" merely referred to the timing of it all. So many clubs get themselves into situations where they end up playing chicken with the manager: sack them and you have to pay compo, wait for them to resign and things just get worse and worse in the interim.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

She'd not be happy at the way the club comes across on radio right now then. The BBC having to repeatedly apologise for the language of supporters after Hamilton's second goal and especially at the end of the game with the swearing and abuse being flung by some of our fans (fair enough perhaps). Clear as day over the airwaves. Ann you should tune in and hear what the rest of the country is hearing from the stands at Tynecastle. No amount of good off field work shelters us from the reality of an under-performing team and coaching staff and the environment in stadium is not welcoming to the families you are trying to attract. You are undoing a lot of your own good work through inaction. 

The amount of people that argue with one another though. 

Guarantee that there is no consensus on a new manager and the vast majority of people who shout at a football match are poorly informed,  not all, but most. 

Imagine if we let some punter from Kickback loose, or hired Michael Stewart. 

Ann Budge is therefore correct to ignore noise and listen only to trusted people. 

Her difficulty is that her first trusted source is struggling with the team. That was the error 2 years ago 

21 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What purpose would that serve? 

It leaves time for negotiations to take place,not uncommon in business.In  football you could use the Dempster and Lennon scenario,fair play

to Hibs, they handled that properly.

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

But but but it is all just bad luck.

To be fair there's been no shortage of bad luck and anyone can see that.To lose your two most important defenders within three weeks of the league season starting, especially after the many other injuries to key players we've had takes some believing, but we should still have had enough to beat Ross County and Hamilton.

FWIW, I've got a feeling that something will happen this week and it might be phrased round Ann's worries over CL's health given the pressure he's under and the heart attack he had this time last year. That would allow him to retire upstairs as head of the Academy operations  and allow her to bring in someone like Neil McCann or Austin MacPhee on a caretaker basis.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

The amount of people that argue with one another though. 

Guarantee that there is no consensus on a new manager and the vast majority of people who shout at a football match are poorly informed,  not all, but most. 

Imagine if we let some punter from Kickback loose, or hired Michael Stewart. 

Ann Budge is therefore correct to ignore noise and listen only to trusted people. 

Her difficulty is that her first trusted source is struggling with the team. That was the error 2 years ago 

🤣

Sorry, mate, she is not correct in listening to trusted people...well, person in this case. That’s why we’re in this shit now !

The whole system of management needs changing. It’s not working. 

I think you’re being a wee bit disrespectful to the many people who go to the game and let them know when it’s shite.

I’d wager they know a lot more about football than you’re giving them credit for.

5 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

To be fair there's been no shortage of bad luck and anyone can see that.To lose your two most important defenders within three weeks of the league season starting, especially after the many other injuries to key players we've had takes some believing, but we should still have had enough to beat Ross County and Hamilton.

FWIW, I've got a feeling that something will happen this week and it might be phrased round Ann's worries over CL's health given the pressure he's under and the heart attack he had this time last year. That would allow him to retire upstairs as head of the Academy operations  and allow her to bring in someone like Neil McCann or Austin MacPhee on a caretaker basis.

The injuries we had last season were the worst I have ever seen in decades of watching Hearts.

This season seems to be going the same way and its actually beyond belief.

If it is down to bad luck surely on the law of averages it will stop soon !!!!!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Boab said:

🤣

Sorry, mate, she is not correct in listening to trusted people...well, person in this case. That’s why we’re in this shit now !

The whole system of management needs changing. It’s not working. 

I think you’re being a wee bit disrespectful to the many people who go to the game and let them know when it’s shite.

I’d wager they know a lot more about football than you’re giving them credit for.

She will be busy then taking 15000 different opinions. 

And I  am not being disrespectful. Loudest ones round my area are getting more stick than Levein. 

Get it up the park. 

Regular cry on Saturday. To a striker who was dominated in the air all afternoon. 

Yet we don't want hoofball?

Fans contradict themselves constantly. 

Just an example. 

4 people in our car on Saturday. 2 dead against any sacking 2 hovering but probably not against one if it happened. 

Too basic. 4 games in we are hardly in the shit, in 5 weeks you could be sitting 3rd and in a semi. I don't believe we will,  but the over playing of defcon 1 is not helpful either. 

In her shoes, I would be looking for a trusted person. I did mention the problem with her first trust but you chose to ignore it 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

She will be busy then taking 15000 different opinions. 

And I  am not being disrespectful. Loudest ones round my area are getting more stick than Levein. 

Get it up the park. 

Regular cry on Saturday. To a striker who was dominated in the air all afternoon. 

Yet we don't want hoofball?

Fans contradict themselves constantly. 

Just an example. 

4 people in our car on Saturday. 2 dead against any sacking 2 hovering but probably not against one if it happened. 

Too basic. 4 games in we are hardly in the shit, in 5 weeks you could be sitting 3rd and in a semi. I don't believe we will,  but the over playing of defcon 1 is not helpful either. 

In her shoes, I would be looking for a trusted person. I did mention the problem with her first trust but you chose to ignore it 

I agree about the loudest comment, mate.

As you and I we’ll know, the loudest are not often right, in fact are probably what you describe. That’s not a majority though, which is what I was responding to.

I never ignored your trusted person comment. I just don’t believe it would exclude CL in any circumstance. There’s the problem right there.

I really hope we are in the position you’ve said, a month from now. If we aren’t, I shudder to think what the atmosphere will be like.

Why do I keep reading Neil feckin McCanns name as a suggestion by various people on this forum? His Dundee team were shite, I know the players were pretty mince but they played shite football and seemed clueless. 

I like the idea of JJ in as a footballing advisor to Ann Budge and then invite applications from interested managers not head coaches, not Directors of Football, just a manager. 

29 minutes ago, ford donald said:

It leaves time for negotiations to take place,not uncommon in business.In  football you could use the Dempster and Lennon scenario,fair play

to Hibs, they handled that properly.

But they didn’t replace him until he was gone and that was a disciplinary issue apparently. 

39 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Totally agreed on that, of course. There's this enormous irony in all of this: normally, football clubs follow the DoF model specifically to ensure that no one man is indispensable. We're in a situation where we've completely hobbled ourselves, to the point whereby it's harder for us to sack that man than more or less any other British club!

What I meant by "these things playing themselves out at many other clubs" merely referred to the timing of it all. So many clubs get themselves into situations where they end up playing chicken with the manager: sack them and you have to pay compo, wait for them to resign and things just get worse and worse in the interim.

The timing is not great but I do feel the general consensus amongst the fans is that the squad is actually decent on the whole and that a new Head Coach can hit the ground running. 

As for what is heard on the radio and apologies etc,a couple of weeks ago Dumbarton were playing motherwell at boghead. Gordon was commentating with someone else and were commenting on the size of the motherwell support,of which they were sitting right in the middle of,anyway,the well young team came in and by the sound of them half gassed,swearing like troopers ,Gordon starts laughing and thinks it's dead funny,which to me it is,but Saturday because a jambo does it  it's frowned upon

50 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

She is so out of touch she probably never saw this day coming. Scratching her head oblivious to the fact that results are everything. For near 6 years she has had an entire fanbase so far up her arse but now people are starting to ask questions. Her 'go to man' is causing the questions and now she has no-one to answer them

I'll wager she's not as out of touch as people that don't actually bother to go to games though. 

She should look it like this when Levein was Dof only he was decisive enough to bin Cathro quick in the season when it was obvious despite giving him the chance it just wasn't working.Levein is now in the exact same position but is never going to punt himself so she needs to do it.Too much friendship here she needs to make the tough decision.

19 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

As for what is heard on the radio and apologies etc,a couple of weeks ago Dumbarton were playing motherwell at boghead. Gordon was commentating with someone else and were commenting on the size of the motherwell support,of which they were sitting right in the middle of,anyway,the well young team came in and by the sound of them half gassed,swearing like troopers ,Gordon starts laughing and thinks it's dead funny,which to me it is,but Saturday because a jambo does it  it's frowned upon

🤔

Mid Calder Jambo

That is now 48 hours since Saturday's embarrasment and the end of the working day today and the silence from Tynecastle is deafening.  Come on AB there is no decision to make, just bin him and do it soon before you lose the goodwill of all.

Adam_the_legend
41 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

She should look it like this when Levein was Dof only he was decisive enough to bin Cathro quick in the season when it was obvious despite giving him the chance it just wasn't working.Levein is now in the exact same position but is never going to punt himself so she needs to do it.Too much friendship here she needs to make the tough decision.

Was the gossip not that he wanted to keep cathro but AB and the board forced his hand then forced him to clean up his mess by taking the job himself? It’s all worked out so well 🙄

Edited by Adam_the_legend

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

That is now 48 hours since Saturday's embarrasment and the end of the working day today and the silence from Tynecastle is deafening.  Come on AB there is no decision to make, just bin him and do it soon before you lose the goodwill of all.

Aye, every club puts out a statement after a draw.

Deafening………...

Maroon Sailor

Does anybody have any ideas as to how Craig Levein can fix it ?

He's always placed more importance on defence than attack. Now the team is leaking goals through stupid mistakes he can't get by on 1-0 or 2-1 wins anymore

Didn't want 19 goal Laff back as he couldn't handle him so we are left with strikers that can't score for toffee.

No wonder the defence is jittery despite bringing in DM's.

Mid Calder Jambo
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Deafening………...

You are pulling it???

Bazzas right boot
47 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

:what:

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Deafening………...

This entire situation runs much deeper than a disappointing draw, Tosh. You know it does. 

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

I think Neil McCann would be a decent shout, but this place would go into meltdown and this is probably the most tolerant of all the non club social sites.

Gordon Ramsay
4 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Few nasty chants and flares thrown = Budge statement. 

Years worth of dross under Levein = silence 

Hiding under her desk praying it will all blow over. 

6 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

If she says anything then she’s acknowledging there’s discontent.

4 minutes ago, sac said:

If she says anything then she’s acknowledging there’s discontent.

Mrs Budge, your silence only incriminates you further...

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, martoon said:

This entire situation runs much deeper than a disappointing draw, Tosh. You know it does. 

Deafening tho😂😂😂

26 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Same as most clubs.

58 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

A bit contradictory there weren’t you?  There’s no decision to be made it would seem. 

25 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Hiding under her desk praying it will all blow over. 

She was in the supporters bar after the game answering all questions.

Quite impressive tbh.

2 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Quite impressive tbh.

Did anyone take her to task about the manager? 

Hampden Demolition

I think we have confirmation, if we didn’t have before, that Craig Levein is bulletproof.

Edited by Hampden Demolition

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, iainmac said:

Did anyone take her to task about the manager? 

She probably went to the powder room if that question was asked.

8 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

I think we have confirmation, if we didn’t have before, that Craig Levein is bulletproof.

Why? Because a statement hasn't come out today? It's not going to be as simple as just sacking him, he has 2 positions within the club (I'm not including being a boardmember). If, big if, she is getting rid, the negotiations with regards to pay off, confidentiality agreements and probably a list of things we don't know about will take more a morning meeting to finalise. 

GorgieRules22
16 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Quite impressive tbh.

I’m not buying that one.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Since Neilson left we've been pish. Budge has been in control and overseen a disastrous management of our first team. From Cathro right through to Levein chucking in the towel last season.  The intellectuals on here thinking getting to the SC final was an achievement worthy of praise when it was the minimum expectation given the quality of opponent. The fact is it gave a false account of how we did last season. While I expect some to try and twist reality because they feel a connection to Levein I don't expect it from our owner. I just don't think she takes the footballing side all too seriously. It doesn't mirror her success.

Ultimately Budge is just as accountable as Levein for this mess. Any competently run football club would have seen a change way before now. 

maroonlegions
2 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Nothing from the club regarding the current situation is unacceptable, and shows a lack of respect towards the fans. 

Well Budge aint going to say, right chaps CL is shite  but ,but ,but..........., as she has been doing subconsciously lately.  

🙄