Budgement day 2

pointon

25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If you hate Levein you're a *****. 

I loved Levein the player. 

If this drags on for weeks or months then it will tarnish his legacy. No doubt. 

Hate was the wrong word but you get my drift. 

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FruitJuice

• Bazzas right boot

• davemclaren

• shaun.lawson

3 hours ago, glynnlondon said:

Doubt he'll be going anywhere yet.

Will need an utterly poisonous atmosphere like the Dumfy game with Cathro for her to act.

Why it takes so long to see the obvious **** knows.

I'm of the opinion she's a bit lost in the position.

Levein leaving is now inevitable but the longer Ann Budge takes to act this sore will fester and burst then we will see demonstrations and anger which nobody wants.

For the good of the club Levein should resign if he doesn't, and i think he won't, Ann Budge should sack him. The fans hope Ann will act to prevent the fans from showing their feelings in a way that could become unpleasant.

3 hours ago, busby1985 said:

The more I’ve thought about this the more I feel we need a total clear out of Levein. If Budge releases a statement today saying that Levein will go back to DoF and MacPhee or Daly will take temp charge, I don’t think that will change anything. We need a full new identity and direction. We have too many players and too many coaches not pulling their weight. Need a change of philosophy that will only come with a new management team. 

I don't think we will get a statement today but I reckon tomorrow we will. 

We can't clear everyone out immediately even if we wanted to

Somebody has to take the team until a permanent appointment is made.

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

You called?

:vrface:

Robbie Neilson (Prem only) P 53 W 25 D 16 L 12 F 88 A 57 Pts 91 Win% 47 Pts/game 1.72

Craig Levein P 76 W 26 D 20 L 30 F 83 A 91 Pts 98 Win% 34 Pts/game 1.29

It's all very well you considering yourself the voice of reason all the time. But not when it's the voice of complete unreason, as is the case here.

GF 83  GA 91 vs GF 88  GA 57 that is staggering. 

59 minutes ago, Coco said:

The Academy Director is just one of many people given jobs by Levein with no track record of performance in their job.  He looks to have spent most of his career as a Council sports coordinator and coaching children at Hearts.  Is this the person to bring through elite footballers?

Not sure? How’s he doing so far?

5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

If he goes upstairs and Daly gets the job it will be the final straw for me ☹️

There is no situation that Daly gets the job. If anyone from the back room staff is to get the job, it will be MacPhee. Daly and Fox will be away from Hearts at some point this season, no matter what happens. 

3 minutes ago, martoon said:

We've been shite for three years and didn't back Levein. 

Cheers, just saw it in EEN. 

Don't think he will get his knuckles rapped for that. 

Far too tame IMO

12 minutes ago, martoon said:

There's bound to have been dialogue since Saturday but not about what's good for HMFC. More likely they'll be desperately inventing a way for Levein to remain in control. 

Preference 1: No change and hope that the international break, therefore no damaging game, does the trick.

Pref 2: Levein back upstairs with one of his boot room Peps as head coach.

Pref 3: Levein remains head coach but with a crowd pleasing 2nd in command appointed from out with.

None of the above is acceptable to me but Levein's reach within the club is so widespread that anything else is unlikely, imo. 

Very depressing. 

I think it will be option one.Clubs pretty much always wait until it's too decking late in the day to do anything.

Just now, DarioHMFC said:

There is no situation that Daly gets the job. If anyone from the back room staff is to get the job, it will be MacPhee. Daly and Fox will be away from Hearts at some point this season, no matter what happens. 

Thank ***** for that then. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

If he goes upstairs and Daly gets the job it will be the final straw for me ☹️

It can't and won't be Daly or Fox, not rated by any other than Levein. 

Stated somewhere earlier if he does remain as DoF it certainly cannot work if he is choosing the coaching staff for a new manager. 

In which case he does need to leave entirely. 

But I really don't believe an acrimonious split is good. Not short term. Any new person coming in would suffer. 2 roles to fill here and that's the issue. 

MacPhee DoF? Could be an out for him whilst sweeping the coaching clean.

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

I think it will be option one.Clubs pretty much always wait until it's too decking late in the day to do anything.

My fear also. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Cheers, just saw it in EEN. 

Don't think he will get his knuckles rapped for that. 

Far too tame IMO

Wasn't aimed at Levein imo. Seemed to be talking about the players. Crossing the white line blah blah blah 

7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

We can't clear everyone out immediately even if we wanted to

Somebody has to take the team until a permanent appointment is made.

I agree. Was just more making the point thay shifting Levein up stairs and then promoting from within isn’t going to be enough. I think the coaches we have are part of the problem however I would retain Austin. 

Just now, i8hibsh said:

If Mcfluff gets the job we may as well give up.  He is as culpable for our failures as Levein.

Those set pieces, though. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Wasn't aimed at Levein imo. Seemed to be talking about the players. Crossing the white line blah blah blah 

I think it was a thinly veiled dig at the coaching.

12 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

You called?

:vrface:

Robbie Neilson (Prem only) P 53 W 25 D 16 L 12 F 88 A 57 Pts 91 Win% 47 Pts/game 1.72

Craig Levein P 76 W 26 D 20 L 30 F 83 A 91 Pts 98 Win% 34 Pts/game 1.29

It's all very well you considering yourself the voice of reason all the time. But not when it's the voice of complete unreason, as is the case here.

The whole percentage thing can be a nonsense.  

For a daft example, If Hearts won 19 league matches it’d be 50% won of their games. On paper looks like a decent return. 

But what if we lost 19?  57 points doesn’t get you above 5th in the last two seasons.  

Its about the scenarios in football.

We haven’t responded with fight or quality when lagging behind our rivals in the league. We haven’t matched or bettered their results when the situation was there in front of us.  

2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Says he can fix it

It's been broken since October last year

He has lost the plot completely,the arrogance of the man!

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Maybe we could punt Daly to Dundee United when we swoop for Neilson to avoid paying compo? Daly was a big player for them, also he was quite good, cup winner. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I think it was a thinly veiled dig at the coaching.

Will read again. Was early on :) 👍

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Will read again. Was early on :) 👍

Anytime a player comes out after a game where there have been calls for a manager to go by the fans they invariably get behind the manager etc.

Doesn’t mention Levein, not even to back him.

Just now, Debut 4 said:

The whole percentage thing can be a nonsense.  

For a daft example, If Hearts won 19 league matches it’d be 50% won of their games. On paper looks like a decent return. 

But what if we lost 19?  57 points doesn’t get you above 5th in the last two seasons.  

Its about the scenarios in football.

We haven’t responded with fight or quality when lagging behind our rivals in the league. We haven’t matched or bettered their results when the situation was there in front of us.  

Ah - but I don't normally care about win percentages. I agree they're mostly a nonsense. Points per game are what I always look at. In a 12-team top division, you're quite right: any decent manager should be taking more than 1.5 pts/game. Really, they ought to be up towards 1.75, as Robbie was. To be where Levein is despite his budget and the off-field situation is disgraceful.

This is the longest period of shite on the park in about 25 years. Even when we were in admin, we re-emerged rapidly and impressively. The last time we were this bad for this long, the club wasn't quite falling to bits, but Mercer had completely run out of ideas and was on his way out. In that sense, the failures on the park right now are inexplicable. The tolerance for them from the owner, even more so.

I keep checking the Hearts website to see if he's been removed from the managers role but they're too busy trying to sell hospitality packages!

It will show a disrespect to the fans if there is no action, or at the very least an announcement, today or tomorrow. 

40 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

your talking about Jon Daly            no thanks.

No, sorry, I meant ex players who's names have been mentioned on here, I would prefer a wholesale change of training regime, the one we have doesn't work.

2 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I keep checking the Hearts website to see if he's been removed from the managers role but they're too busy trying to sell hospitality packages!

It will show a disrespect to the fans if there is no action, or at the very least an announcement, today or tomorrow. 

There's nothing to announce in all likelihood. A slight tweak to the set up in a pathetic attempt to placate the fans is the most we'll get, imo. 

18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Should have a good look at himself as well. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Should have a good look at himself as well. 

There's 2 different Berra interviews. 

A bit meh. Standard chat when chips are down.

One of them is more critical of the public I would say

32 minutes ago, martoon said:

We've been shite for three years and didn't back Levein. 

I thought there was progress last season or so I read? 

Nelly Terraces

Maybe she's busy thinking of more ways to fund a womans football team on top of the annual 6 figure sum she's already decided to divert to it out of club funds?

12 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Would be some statement.

”We would like to announce that sadly, Craig Levein has stepped down as manager despite our best efforts to convince him otherwise”

”Craig Levein and the board will now start the process of bringing in a top level replacement” 

GorgieRules22
11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

There's 2 different Berra interviews. 

A bit meh. Standard chat when chips are down.

One of them is more critical of the public I would say

Berra would be better taking a look in the mirror and asking himself if he’s up to the job of captaining Hearts and being able to honestly say he’s fit enough. Culpable for three or four goals already, slower than me.

12 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Would be some statement.

”We would like to announce that sadly, Craig Levein has stepped down as manager despite our best efforts to convince him otherwise”

”Craig Levein and the board will now start the process of bringing in a top level replacement” 

***OFFICIAL CLUB STATEMENT***

I have now completed my comprehensive review of the footballing side of things at the club. I asked Craig how it was going. He told me it was going great. 

Craig also considered the current position of the first team manager. Craig asked Craig if Craig was the right man for the job. Craig answered in the affirmative, much to the reassurance of Craig.

Yours in sport,

Auntie Ann

Edited by shaun.lawson

6 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

***OFFICIAL CLUB STATEMENT***

I have now completed my comprehensive review of the footballing side of things at the club. I asked Craig how it was going. He told me it was going great. 

Craig also considered the current position of the first team manager. Craig asked Craig if Craig was the right man for the job. Craig answered in the affirmative, much to the reassurance of Craig.

Yours in sport,

Auntie Ann

That's funny. 

Maybe Ann should get tanked up and take to the mic at HT during the Motherwell game? 

"Where are ya.........." 

Just now, iainmac said:

That's funny. 

Maybe Ann should get tanked up and take to the mic at HT during the Motherwell game? 

"Where are ya.........." 

Sounds like a plan! :D 

Just now, iainmac said:

It's the only thing that's missing right now! 

They are actually scarily similar in all sorts of ways. If only I knew how to use Photoshop... :( 

Leveins Battalion
17 minutes ago, Satsumo said:

Get the feeling he’s not going anywhere, anytime soon.

What another waste of a season this will be. 

Yes,and next summer we will have to find 2 new goalkeepers because he failed to address this,

we will need to replace Berra,some decent wingers as we have failed to sort this,a striker who can score.

Groundhog day again.

34 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

No, sorry, I meant ex players who's names have been mentioned on here, I would prefer a wholesale change of training regime, the one we have doesn't work.

Good Lad

21 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Berra would be better taking a look in the mirror and asking himself if he’s up to the job of captaining Hearts and being able to honestly say he’s fit enough. Culpable for three or four goals already, slower than me.

Thought the close season might help a bit but he looks the same to me as he was last season after the injury. 

On a thread like this, you've got to be prepared to do a bit of wading. 

I find the barbs aimed in Ann Budge's direction just a bit stupid, tbh.  That's not the same as me saying she's free from any criticism, but when you have to revert to name-calling and punnery, you've probably already lost whatever argument you believed you had in the first place.

Ann Budge will know that she has an extremely difficult decision to make.  I'm sure she has a lot of admiration from Craig and doesn't want to have to sack him (though wouldn't that be a Board decision rather than that of an individual?), but at the same time she won't be blind and deaf to the growing feelings of the support - it's a bit of a rock and a hard place situation.

She's just backed him financially to sign what appears on paper to be a decent set of players.  I think she'll give him more than four league games.  However, a loss to Motherwell at home (hell, even a draw won't go down well, pardon the pun), failure to beat Hibs and going out of the League Cup at home to Aberdeen would present a 100% irretrievable situation.  I know a lot of fans are already there, but I think he will be given the chance to win the next three games.  The chances of a team that struggles to win a game at all, far less three on the bounce, seems a tad unlikely, granted.

Finally, if a change is to come, it needs to be a thorough change - job advertised, expectations clearly stated, etc.  Don't give the job to someone who doesn't apply for it.  

Edited by Haken

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Head still firmly planted in that sand then I see. 

This is going to get worse before it gets better. 

This.

Levein will be hoping the 2 week break that everything will be forgotten.

loveofthegame
14 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Head still firmly planted in that sand then I see. 

This is going to get worse before it gets better. 

I fear that will be the case. 

The only way we move forward is with a clean break from Levein. With Budge in charge and given his ridiculously conflicting roles, I cannot see how that happens. Therefore, even if he "resigns" or is sacked as manager, he moves back upstairs and appoints one of his unproven stooges to take over from where he left off.