• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FruitJuice

• Bazzas right boot

• davemclaren

• shaun.lawson

13 minutes ago, pointon said:

Fingers crossed 🤞 for this week 

Let's hope so. Failure to act over the next day or so would be a concern.

10 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Statement, I demand one of they statement thingies or mad Budge oot as well :yadayada:

Wont be difficult. She produces more statements than RBS.

I'm Hoping for a temp manager from the lists that have did the rounds on here to see the season till Christmas to gauge how things are, because we need a motivator now and it has to be someone who knows the place.

If she feels she has no reason to make a statement she is making a chronic error.  What about part 2 of the last statement?

Psychedelicropcircle

Not a chance! The terrace podcast lads were referring to him as the T100 terminator I.e unkillable 

Anybody thinking that Craig will be removed from his post or leave this week is miles of the mark . 

No chance of this happening, he will get to the quarter final as a bare minimum and if he pulls out a win there or the Derby that will buy him even more time . That's the reality I'm afraid . 

3 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

If he isn't gone either today, or tomorrow. He will be in the dug out for the Motherwell game. 

My opinion of course. 

That’s what I was thinking. Probably said after the game they would all sleep on the decision & talk it over at the start of the week. I wouldn’t be surprised if Craig would advise on the next coaching set up or temp coaches too so I was thinking if we go past Wednesday it won’t happen. 

Budgement day should have been renamed a while ago.  Clearly that day was all levein.

Budge has to act now though, fans have been as patient as possible but its looks like of we dont beat well fans will be gathered outside.

Leta hope she does the right thing and then fans can start appreciating and getting behind  her for all the good things happening at our club.  

8 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Time to :bolt: Mr Levein. 

Thanks for everything but go before you're hated by the fans. 

I’m feeling it a lot, but I will never ever use the word hate and Craig Levein in the same breath.  I’m bewildered by him, but could never hate a man who devoted his career to us as a player (often playing through the pain barrier) and has been instrumental in securing the long term future of this club (look at the quality coming through the various age groups and the quality of player we can sign now).  I just wish he managed the first team in the same way he played.

I’ve calmed down over the weekend and decided I’ll give him the Motherwell game.  Amazing what watching old Hearts clips can do to the soul.  Also increased my FOH subs to counter at least one eejit who cancelled theirs.

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I’m feeling it a lot, but I will never ever use the word hate and Craig Levein in the same breath.  I’m bewildered by him, but could never hate a man who devoted his career to us as a player (often playing through the pain barrier) and has been instrumental in securing the long term future of this club (look at the quality coming through the various age groups and the quality of player we can sign now).  I just wish he managed the first team in the same way he played.

I’ve calmed down over the weekend and decided I’ll give him the Motherwell game.  Amazing what watching old Hearts clips can do to the soul.  Also increased my FOH subs to counter at least one eejit who cancelled theirs.

Not for me. He needs to leave the club asap. 

Surely this would be Budgement Day 3?

It's coming. It's only a matter of time. Sadly, if he stays, I now think the Motherwell game's got away win written all over it. No way could he survive that. 

Doubt he'll be going anywhere yet.

Will need an utterly poisonous atmosphere like the Dumfy game with Cathro for her to act.

Why it takes so long to see the obvious **** knows.

I'm of the opinion she's a bit lost in the position.

She'll still be carrying out her thorough review of the football department, Levein is probably carrying that out on her behalf tbf 

Toxteth O'Grady

From her viewpoint she has invested a lot in Levein. She has let him sign a load of players in this transfer window and will be reluctant to sack him before giving him some time to make it work. Anybody new coming in will be stuck with Leviend signings and that’s not a great place to be. 

I still ill think she needs to pull the trigger because he won’t turn this round with his dyed in the wool safety first approach and negative ways. 

8 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Your choice completely but this is where I feel too many of our fans get lost.

if this was a head coach with no affiliation to our club he’d have been gone a long time ago but because of who he is it bought him extra time.

i fully get that I really do but imo he has had that goodwill and extra time for being the ex player/captain!! That extra time has expired now, we can’t keep extending it everything a fan goes home and watches back from the brink or 99 goals v Hibs.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Old Castle Rock said:

Can't see it will get more time to turn it around 

She might get him a good telling off

Grounded for a week.

The more I’ve thought about this the more I feel we need a total clear out of Levein. If Budge releases a statement today saying that Levein will go back to DoF and MacPhee or Daly will take temp charge, I don’t think that will change anything. We need a full new identity and direction. We have too many players and too many coaches not pulling their weight. Need a change of philosophy that will only come with a new management team. 

I don't think we will get a statement today but I reckon tomorrow we will. 

6 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Your choice completely but this is where I feel too many of our fans get lost.

if this was a head coach with no affiliation to our club he’d have been gone a long time ago but because of who he is it bought him extra time.

i fully get that I really do but imo he has had that goodwill and extra time for being the ex player/captain!! That extra time has expired now, we can’t keep extending it everything a fan goes home and watches back from the brink or 99 goals v Hibs.

I’m a hopeless optimist, can’t be helped.

A_A wehatethehibs

I get the feeling that Neilson back in, Levein back upstairs will be the move. Not sure why, just think it might happen. Both Budge and Levein have an immensely high opinion of him.

The “Neilson set to sign new DUFC contract” news from a few days ago seems like coincidental timing, maybe a come and get me, effectively letting the world know that he hasn’t actually signed a new contract yet. 

I just do not see Levein being emptied out completely

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I’m a hopeless optimist, can’t be helped.

Why not be optimistic for a new manager coming in and turning it around.

more chance if that happening than our present one.

Especially after you read Berra’s article.

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I get the feeling that Neilson back in, Levein back upstairs will be the move. Not sure why, just think it might happen. Both Budge and Levein have an immensely high opinion of him.

The “Neilson set to sign new DUFC contract” news from a few days ago seems like coincidental timing, maybe a come and get me, effectively letting the world know that he hasn’t actually signed a new contract yet. 

He’d be better than Levein but I hope we don’t go after Robbie.

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

The more I’ve thought about this the more I feel we need a total clear out of Levein. If Budge releases a statement today saying that Levein will go back to DoF and MacPhee or Daly will take temp charge, I don’t think that will change anything. We need a full new identity and direction. We have too many players and too many coaches not pulling their weight. Need a change of philosophy that will only come with a new management team. 

Apart from doing the club a favour and leaving he would do himself a lot of good considering his health issues he has had to deal with.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, 1874robbo said:

He’d be better than Levein but I hope we don’t go after Robbie.

Just feels like the most realistic option for change. In a search for a new head coach, I fully believe Robbie Neilson would be Ann Budges #1 candidate, especially given how well United are doing. 

20 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Can't see it will get more time to turn it around 

She might get him a good telling off

Probably writing a strongly worded statement to him as we speak

I really hope not tbh!! I wouldn’t want to see him back with us as I felt the football under him for about the last 7-8 months of his time was boring hard to watch stuff!! Apart from the leaving game v rangers.

2 hours ago, pointon said:

Fingers crossed 🤞 for this week 

Any chance you could stop creating thread after thread saying the same thing?

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Anybody thinking that Craig will be removed from his post or leave this week is miles of the mark . 

No chance of this happening, he will get to the quarter final as a bare minimum and if he pulls out a win there or the Derby that will buy him even more time . That's the reality I'm afraid . 

I’m not sure why that’s such a bad thing.

If we beat Motherwell, Hibs and Aberdeen - he will unequivocally have turned things round.

If he doesn’t - he’ll be gone.

Hopefully all of MacPhee, Daly, Foxy and Gallacher follow Levein out the door.  MacPhee in particular gets a very easy ride on here despite his central role in both the Cathro and Levein mess. 

Garys Locke and Naysmith could take the team while the Board carry out a proper recruitment process for a manager and their team.

I don’t doubt they’ll have a meeting today.

CL will tell AB, we’re still in both cups, only 6 points off 3 place and we definitely won’t get beat this weekend... meeting finished!

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Yep. Might even get until the Aberdeen game.

Sigh.

Not so sure a defeat to an uninspired Hibs team would buy him time to the Aberdeen game.

A convincing victory on the other hand...

We_are_the_Hearts

The longer he gets the more money I will save. Every cloud n that...................Saturday was the final straw. Michael O'Neill stays in Edinburgh, surely him and MacPhee could do it between them?

For those who are advocating Robbie Nielsen for the job ,You would do well to remember his record is not quite startling after we were promoted , 5 wins in 25 Games , knocked out of europe by a bunch of taxi drivers (nothing against taxi drivers ) and the hibs game when we managed to draw from a winning position , He is not the answer , Did well to get promotion granted but we need to think big .

We are the 3rd biggest club in Scotland , With a great support and potential , we need to head hunt a top manager and pay whatever it takes to turn this round .. 

Horatio Caine
33 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Why would Neilson want to return after the disgraceful treatment he received while he was doing a decent job here?  This is fantasy land stuff.

My take?  No statement this week, nothing to say.  It's international break so a fortnight until the Motherwell game which will be another opportunity for us to get our act together.  If not, then the end of the month at the earliest.  I love Levein but would also love to be proved wrong about the above because it's crystal clear we need a new Head Coach.

1 minute ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

The longer he gets the more money I will save. Every cloud n that...................Saturday was the final straw. Michael O'Neill stays in Edinburgh, surely him and MacPhee could do it between them?

We cannot afford O'Neill, he is on a huge wage with NI!

10 minutes ago, eyes open said:

For those who are advocating Robbie Nielsen for the job ,You would do well to remember his record is not quite startling after we were promoted , 5 wins in 25 Games , knocked out of europe by a bunch of taxi drivers (nothing against taxi drivers ) and the hibs game when we managed to draw from a winning position , He is not the answer , Did well to get promotion granted but we need to think big .

We are the 3rd biggest club in Scotland , With a great support and potential , we need to head hunt a top manager and pay whatever it takes to turn this round .. 

People wanting Neilson are for the most part people who rely on stats in arguments 😉 naaa in all seriousness if you do look at the stats Robbie without the Championship Season is only a couple of percentage points above CL. RN’s football the last few months was not great to watch. Its boom or bust with it. Maybe he has learned a bit since then but I think its a backward step. 

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
51 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I agree with you, bet you any money though there will be idiots on here saying Austin should be the job due his "connections"

Levein upstairs again?then the inevitable note passing would start again and rumours of Levein bursting in to dressing rooms at half time etc.

not for me!! It needs to be emptying him from the whole club.

a fresh start in our coaching.

Austin MacGlee

I am so fed up I can barely bring myself to care anymore. Haven't even had the urge to post on here until now. The games have sucked the life out of me.

I want him gone but I have big concerns about Budge's capability in appointing someone else...she has leaned on and relied on Craig for her entire tenure so far. Who else at the club will be able to support her in the recruitment process?

51 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Apart from doing the club a favour and leaving he would do himself a lot of good considering his health issues he has had to deal with.

Agree.