Injury list - where does it end?

Clerry Jambo

The good news is we are top of the injuries league, and it doesn't look like we're gonna be caught any time soon. 

Barring any complete surprises, we should get another two this weekend, to add to that list. 

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Robbo-Jambo

• JamboAl

• Beast Boy

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Naisy again 🙄

cant see us getting more than a couple of games in a row followed by 8 weeks out . 

4 year deal not looking the best atm . 

If they keep risking him as they did in the County game then yes, hopefully they’ve learnt their lesson.

52 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Naisy again 🙄

cant see us getting more than a couple of games in a row followed by 8 weeks out . 

4 year deal not looking the best atm . 

It's a shame but the laddie's made of glass.

I hope he turns out to be a decent manager.

That's the only way we're going to get VFM from that deal. 

Just now, Cut The Crap said:

It's a shame but the laddie's made of glass.

I hope he turns out to be a decent manager.

That's the only way we're going to get VFM from that deal. 

Reminds me of Driver 

3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Reminds me of Driver 

Why? Both blond? Both going to have a trophy win with Hearts? Both talented? Both with incredible records v Hibs?

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Why? Both blond? Both going to have a trophy win with Hearts? Both talented? Both with incredible records v Hibs?

Both injured a lot  too 

1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

The good news is we are top of the injuries league, and it doesn't look like we're gonna be caught any time soon. 

Barring any complete surprises, we should get another two this weekend, to add to that list. 

We're definitely top of the moaners league and you're one of our top scorers

4 hours ago, sadj said:

Of course but to say Doyle should be fined for eating a bit of crap is ludicrous thats all. 

Doyle is Irish and so are most of the stuff he posted.  Could it maybe be him just posting what he misses from home,?  Doesn't excuse the cadburys or the Ferrero thingwys.  Was it bot just his equivalent of lafferty's club orange tweet without the flute playing connotations?

Might not be but, with most of the stuff being Irish, you never know.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Does anyone think we actually do keep an injury list?

And who is responsible for keeping it.

Is it on a flipchart,  maybe on Excel, or because we have a lot maybe we have purchased some software to make some reports 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Is it on a flipchart,  maybe on Excel, or because we have a lot maybe we have purchased some software to make some reports 

I think PfK does.

Levein says he is very confident of Naismith will be back next week. 

Why have I got this feeling of Deja Vu.😕

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Im not an expert in nutrition, probably one of the worst examples of not eating properly to be honest so I have experience in that 🥴. Having had a look at the menu I can’t see much healthy stuff but maybe it was a bad example. It’s not uncommon for younger players to put up videos of unhealthy meals and snacks on social media.

As you say it’s up to the individual, using Ronaldo as where the players should aspire to can’t be a bad thing. I haven’t criticised the club at all for their eating habits, I’ve no doubt they give them everything they need and then it’s up to them. 

Whats your take on the injury problems then. If you’re up there a lot are they doing too much of certain things in training?

I was probably being a bit picky, sorry about that! 

I do work up in Oriam a few hours a week, unfortunately it has nothing to do with Hearts, also doesn't allow anytime to watch training! 

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

If they keep risking him as they did in the County game then yes, hopefully they’ve learnt their lesson.

Given that we risked Michael Smith’s hamstring the following week at Parkhead, I’d say Levein has learned very little.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

I was probably being a bit picky, sorry about that! 

I do work up in Oriam a few hours a week, unfortunately it has nothing to do with Hearts, also doesn't allow anytime to watch training! 

No problem 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Given that we risked Michael Smith’s hamstring the following week at Parkhead, I’d say Levein has learned very little.

Fair point. 

WheatfieldWarrior
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I think it's just that list of first team players on the website.

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I think it's just that list of first team players on the website.

Probably a box on a whiteboard that’s got a tick in it, or not. 

WheatfieldWarrior
30 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Probably a box on a whiteboard that’s got a tick in it, or not. 

I was just jesting that it was all of them. 🙂

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I was just jesting that it was all of them. 🙂

It has been for the last two seasons, apart from the GKs (McLaughlin/Zlamal/Doyle/Hamilton). 42&36 players in total. We’ve moved on though, we’ve now managed to injure a GK that is used to passing or throwing the ball,  his injury is because of kicking the ball long so much in a game.

2 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

There's quite obviously a Goji Berry deficiency running right through the squad. 

The dietician is killing the club.

Few avocados with their Kettle Chips and they’ll be right as rain imo. Starve a flu, feed a broken leg avocados. 

6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Few avocados with their Kettle Chips and they’ll be right as rain imo. Starve a flu, feed a broken leg avocados. 

If Kettle Chips has been confirmed then I'm outraged. 

Explains the horrendous, embarrassing, Holocaustic performances.

Instead of Pitch forks, I'm bringing a knife and Fork to the protest.

Dietition oot. 

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It has been for the last two seasons, apart from the GKs (McLaughlin/Zlamal/Doyle/Hamilton). 42&36 players in total. We’ve moved on though, we’ve now managed to injure a GK that is used to passing or throwing the ball,  his injury is because of kicking the ball long so much in a game.

You don't half come out with some idiotic rubbish.

How did "we've managed to injure a goalie"?  Did he not just manage it himself and it's bad luck?

17 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

How did "we've managed to injure a goalie"?  Did he not just manage it himself and it's bad luck?

No, our style of football has caused him the injury. We require him to kick long all the time instead of rolling it out to the defender. His body isn’t built for long kicks, he is using muscles he’s never used before. Levein’s broken him with his direct route one football. :( 

14 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

As we know excel is the preferred method for maintaining lists for most experts...... 

Does our friend who was out sailing still exist? 

47 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

No, our style of football has caused him the injury. We require him to kick long all the time instead of rolling it out to the defender. His body isn’t built for long kicks, he is using muscles he’s never used before. Levein’s broken him with his direct route one football. :( 

I would have thought the opposition would require him to kick long eg if they are close to the defenders he might otherwise pass to.  If no optionis available a goalie will normally take the high road.

14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I would have thought the opposition would require him to kick long eg if they are close to the defenders he might otherwise pass to.  If no optionis available a goalie will normally take the high road.

Nope. It’s our negative route one tactics. Joel has never kicked a ball in his life before coming to Hearts. Levein did this to him... probably on purpose. :mad:

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

We see it a lot on here - people go on and on and on about a situation until they start stretching it to ridiculous lengths, any decent points they may have had get lost, and people lose interest and see them as obsessed, completely unable to look at the situation clearly, and just a little bit mental.

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

We see it a lot on here - people go on and on and on about a situation until they start stretching it to ridiculous lengths, any decent points they may have had get lost, and people lose interest and see them as obsessed, completely unable to look at the situation clearly, and just a little bit mental.

Tbh though I think people have gradually been worn down by it all over a long period. 😕

18 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Tbh though I think people have gradually been worn down by it all over a long period. 😕

There is that too, but if I'd put any more commas in one post I'd get arrested. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

What part of the guy isn’t used to using these muscles is hard for you to understand, Levein said it himself but it’s just bad luck apparently AGAIN for the 85th time I’m two years 😃😆🤣😂🤪🙈.https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-boss-craig-levein-gives-injury-update-on-joel-pereira-and-makes-zlamal-claim-1-4997976

68AE059F-DCB1-418D-9698-F9D3B7B8FF2A.png

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Nope. It’s our negative route one tactics. Joel has never kicked a ball in his life before coming to Hearts. Levein did this to him... probably on purpose. :mad:

Well Mrs B should sack CL for that and maybe Man U will sue him as well.  Utterly ridiculous a  Hearts keeper kicking a long ball.  No other keeper in the league does that.

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Well Mrs B should sack CL for that and maybe Man U will sue him as well.  Utterly ridiculous a  Hearts keeper kicking a long ball.  No other keeper in the league does that.

Yep. That’s not even the worst of it. Pereira had never even heard of Pringles until he came up here. Now, he’s not only injured because Levein made him use his kicking muscles for the first time ever, he’s also taking far longer to recover because of his new found love of Paprika crisps and Mild Salsa dip. :( 

39 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What part of the guy isn’t used to using these muscles is hard for you to understand, Levein said it himself but it’s just bad luck apparently AGAIN for the 85th time I’m two years 😃😆🤣😂🤪🙈.https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-boss-craig-levein-gives-injury-update-on-joel-pereira-and-makes-zlamal-claim-1-4997976

68AE059F-DCB1-418D-9698-F9D3B7B8FF2A.png

You actually think that proves your point !

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Possible Hearts line up

Doyle; Smith, Halkett, Berra, Hickey; Clare, Irving, Whelan, Mulraney; MacLean Washington. Subs: Zlamal, Brandon, Dikamona, Bozanic, Henderson, Ikpeazu, Morrison

Joel Sked special, or is Meshino injured too? Apparently Joel prefers Henderson and Morrison ahead of Meshino

:levein_interesting:

5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yep. That’s not even the worst of it. Pereira had never even heard of Pringles until he came up here. Now, he’s not only injured because Levein made him use his kicking muscles for the first time ever, he’s also taking far longer to recover because of his new found love of Paprika crisps and Mild Salsa dip. :( 

But why did he need to go back to Man U when there is a highly qualified sports scientist and coach in the area?

He could also have got expert advice/coaching on how to kick a ball and avoid strains and other injuries.

See below.

He’s my nephew, he runs his own courses and worked for the last two seasons at St Johnstone. He was reserve coach at Edinburgh city. He did a little bit of coaching with the club when Sergio was here, Alan Carswell is a family friend and got him involved. He’s also a qualified sports scientist. Sorry if his expert opinion isn’t enough for you, after all you have no knowledge or qualifications in this area do you?

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

But why did he need to go back to Man U when there is a highly qualified sports scientist and coach in the area?

He could also have got expert advice/coaching on how to kick a ball and avoid strains and other injuries.

See below.

He’s my nephew, he runs his own courses and worked for the last two seasons at St Johnstone. He was reserve coach at Edinburgh city. He did a little bit of coaching with the club when Sergio was here, Alan Carswell is a family friend and got him involved. He’s also a qualified sports scientist. Sorry if his expert opinion isn’t enough for you, after all you have no knowledge or qualifications in this area do you?

Dunno... maybe the Pringles addiction is acute now. ☹️

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

You actually think that proves your point !

He’s got a strain from kicking, if you read between the lines he’s not used to kicking the ball hence the injury. Is that not clear, what’s your take on it? He’s still not fit, more disinformation from our manager.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

See below.

Why did he go back then if the sports scientist and medical department at Riccarton are so great? It’s nice that you feel so empowered to slate a fellow Hearts supporter who’s dedicated his working life to coaching kids and spent a fortune getting qualifications you could only dream of. Sorry if he makes you and your pals feel inadequate. Also you wouldn’t say that to his face I guarantee you that, or mine.

Edited by Pasquale for King

19 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

Doyle is Irish and so are most of the stuff he posted.  Could it maybe be him just posting what he misses from home,?  Doesn't excuse the cadburys or the Ferrero thingwys.  Was it bot just his equivalent of lafferty's club orange tweet without the flute playing connotations?

Might not be but, with most of the stuff being Irish, you never know.

Texts , social media , posts etc you can interpret any way you want really can’t they. I just think claiming someone should be fined for it is ludicrous.