Injury list - where does it end?

Clerry Jambo

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Why must anyone defend them?

I'll ask again, what are your qualifications for your incessant rants on medical matters?

I understand the player trained all week and at some point we need to see if he can cope with a run out to see if it stands up in a game.   I would have thought a meaningless reserve game would be the ideal type of game to test this.

HINDSIGHT now tells us that was maybe too soon but why are you always chasing the club with blame for this and blame for that.  Give it a rest man.

I said before don’t tell me what to do ok.

If they wanted to test him in a game fair enough, anyone with any sense would know not to do it on that pitch at Kilmarnock and not a whole game. If the coaching and medical staff don’t know this they’re not fit to have the job.

The reason I try to apportion blame is because mistakes are constantly made to the detriment of the club and someone should be held responsible for these. You think it’s just luck and seek to defend the club and we can just carry on doing the same things over and over. 

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Robbo-Jambo

• JamboAl

• Beast Boy

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Do they train on a plastic pitch?

Only in winter apparently, Levein said a few months ago they would only use two of the pitches at Riccarton to try and negate a problem if there is one. Hasn’t worked so far.

When will people understand that bad luck is the main reason for our injury list..simply bad luck

The vast majority of injuries have been caused in play from tackles and nothing could be done to avoid those

The tide will turn and lets hope its soon but to look at this as some kind of training issue is just nonsense

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

When will people understand that bad luck is the main reason for our injury list..simply bad luck

The vast majority of injuries have been caused in play from tackles and nothing could be done to avoid those

The tide will turn and lets hope its soon but to look at this as some kind of training issue is just nonsense

42 players missed games the season before last, 36 last season and at least 7 so far in 9 games this season. Bad luck may well be part of it. 

“To me it’s not actually CLs behaviour telling players to play through it a bit. No player will ever feel 100% injury free. If players are suffering non contact injuries a lot it’s likely to be poor diet and lack of sleep. However it’s not just one player it’s an entire squad who have pulled up at some point. That’s a training load problem. The length or intensity and repetitiveness of training is too high” the thoughts of an UEFA A Licence coach on our injuries.

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Even if it is just bad luck and I have my doubts on that, why do deal with them incorrectly as pointed out in the next 2 sentences. 

We play guys that are clearly not ready and are brought back to soon from injury. 

On the other hand we get told players will only be our for 2 weeks then they are out for a lot longer. 

There is faults there with the management bringing them back too quick or being economical with the truth about how long they will be out for. 

So whether the injuries are bad luck or not, the way they are dealt with is wrong because of the 2 points made in the above paragraphs.

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

42 players missed games the season before last, 36 last season and at least 7 so far in 9 games this season. Bad luck may well be part of it. 

“To me it’s not actually CLs behaviour telling players to play through it a bit. No player will ever feel 100% injury free. If players are suffering non contact injuries a lot it’s likely to be poor diet and lack of sleep. However it’s not just one player it’s an entire squad who have pulled up at some point. That’s a training load problem. The length or intensity and repetitiveness of training is too high” the thoughts of an UEFA A Licence coach on our injuries.

So you are qualified on these matters or are you just guessing?  Did you count Souttar's injury in that 36 last season - he was injured playing for Scotland.

Has your UEFA A Licence Coach actually been present at Hearts' sessions or is he has guessing too?

I assume he's not with a club if he's got spare time to analyse (?) us.  What is his name or is this fiction?

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

So you are qualified on these matters or are you just guessing?  Did you count Souttar's injury in that 36 last season - he was injured playing for Scotland.

Has your UEFA A Licence Coach actually been present at Hearts' sessions or is he has guessing too?

I assume he's not with a club if he's got spare time to analyse (?) us.  What is his name or is this fiction?

Your memory always lets you down I’m afraid, Souttar was injured at Celtic Park at the end of the season of season 17/18. He missed the June internationals and the medical staff said he could play on and that his hip injury would go at some point. It dud against Israel where he showed that he’s not quite ready for that level yet.

So yes he’s in the 36, because it’s about games missed for us as well as how they get the injury and how it’s treated.

He’s my nephew, he runs his own courses and worked for the last two seasons at St Johnstone. He was reserve coach at Edinburgh city. He did a little bit of coaching with the club when Sergio was here, Alan Carswell is a family friend and got him involved. He’s also a qualified sports scientist. Sorry if his expert opinion isn’t enough for you, after all you have no knowledge or qualifications in this area do you? Here’s the message.

7072D003-9713-4CE1-9FC4-13F982394FCF.png

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Even if it is just bad luck and I have my doubts on that, why do deal with them incorrectly as pointed out in the next 2 sentences. 

We play guys that are clearly not ready and are brought back to soon from injury. 

On the other hand we get told players will only be our for 2 weeks then they are out for a lot longer. 

There is faults there with the management bringing them back too quick or being economical with the truth about how long they will be out for. 

So whether the injuries are bad luck or not, the way they are dealt with is wrong because of the 2 points made in the above paragraphs.

Good post, now let’s guess what small part he will highlight and question whilst ignoring all the facts he can’t dispute. I wish I hadn’t looked at his message, I’ve had him on ignore for years.

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Your memory always lets you down I’m afraid, Souttar was injured at Celtic Park at the end of the season of season 17/18. He missed the June internationals and the medical staff said he could play on and that his hip injury would go at some point. It dud against Israel where he showed that he’s not quite ready for that level yet.

So yes he’s in the 36, because it’s about games missed for us as well as how they get the injury and how it’s treated.

He’s my nephew, he runs his own courses and worked for the last two seasons at St Johnstone. He was reserve coach at Edinburgh city. He did a little bit of coaching with the club when Sergio was here, Alan Carswell is a family friend and got him involved. He’s also a qualified sports scientist. Sorry if his expert opinion isn’t enough for you, after all you have no knowledge or qualifications in this area do you? Here’s the message.

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Souttar got injured playing for Scotland - Amen.  He got a 2nd yellow and admitted he should have left the field earlier wth a hip injury.

Am I meant to be impressed by someone who is presumably not at Hearts to see what training takes place and therefore makes distant judgments or assumptions?  Does he also give you tips on how we should play?  Sorry, don't buy it.

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Souttar got injured playing for Scotland - Amen.  He got a 2nd yellow and admitted he should have left the field earlier wth a hip injury.

Am I meant to be impressed by someone who is presumably not at Hearts to see what training takes place and therefore makes distant judgments or assumptions?  Does he also give you tips on how we should play?  Sorry, don't buy it.

You asked him for his expertise and he provided evidence of someone else's.   Where's yours to back up what you're saying?  Not a dig, but you did ask for some.  

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

No he was injured playing for Hearts and he then aggravated it playing for Scotland. I don’t give a **** if you’re impressed. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-john-souttar-my-desire-to-play-through-pain-for-scotland-led-to-red-card-1-4852945

92B5EC1A-4481-4EBE-B08F-FEFB9F7840DD.png

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

You asked him for his expertise and he provided evidence of someone else's.   Where's yours to back up what you're saying?  Not a dig, but you did ask for some.  

He just ignores anything that doesn’t fit in with his point of view ,in the past even when I’ve given him the evidence he always requires he is never wrong. I usually don’t reply to his nonsense if I can help it, he stalks me all over the board. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He just ignores anything that doesn’t fit in with his point of view ,in the past even when I’ve given him the evidence he always requires he is never wrong. I usually don’t reply to his nonsense if I can help it, he stalks me all over the board. 

Also likes to say 'give it a rest' a lot. If him and one or two others dont like what posters are discussing, dont join in then.  I wish they would give us a list of what they dont want us to post about.  

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Also likes to say 'give it a rest' a lot. If him and one or two others dont like what posters are discussing, dont join in then.  I wish they would give us a list of what they dont want us to post about.  

Indeed, there’s plenty threads I look at it but don’t contribute to. They all agree Levein has to go but for some reason people are not allowed to criticise him 🤷🏾‍♂️?

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, there’s plenty threads I look at it but don’t contribute to. They all agree Levein has to go but for some reason people are not allowed to criticise him 🤷🏾‍♂️?

An example yesterday was a poster giving a decent detailed response to one of their posts and the reply was a picture of an animal. It's like earlier today when someone posted about the protest and they brought union Jack's and Tommy Robinson into it.  Because they saw some on Facebook.   Why not say that to them?  Probably because they would've had to use their real name.  There was no need for it on the post here.  

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I said before don’t tell me what to do ok.

If they wanted to test him in a game fair enough, anyone with any sense would know not to do it on that pitch at Kilmarnock and not a whole game. If the coaching and medical staff don’t know this they’re not fit to have the job.

The reason I try to apportion blame is because mistakes are constantly made to the detriment of the club and someone should be held responsible for these. You think it’s just luck and seek to defend the club and we can just carry on doing the same things over and over. 

How do Kilmarnock players ever get back from injury?

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

🤨

6 hours ago, JamboAl said:

No souttar got injured before playing for Scotland. His injured then increased while playing for Scotland because as the guy has said he isn’t physically ready for that level.    

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

If players are suffering non contact injuries a lot it’s likely to be poor diet and lack of sleep.

What a load of nonsense haha quote of the year so far. Fantastic stuff hahaha

7 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

Mine is my faith in Hearts medical team who are on the spot and not guessing/assuming from a distance.

Read today's EEN and see how much care is being taken with Naisy.

1 hour ago, hmfc2011 said:

No souttar got injured before playing for Scotland. His injured then increased while playing for Scotland because as the guy has said he isn’t physically ready for that level.    

Souttar's been injured several times but I asked you to take out of the equation these matches lost because of the Scotland injury.

Now be a good lad and tell us the respective stats for all the other teams in the Division.

That'll give you something constructive and useful to do instead of constantly whining about Hearts.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Mine is my faith in Hearts medical team who are on the spot and not guessing/assuming from a distance.

How does hearts medical team compare to the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen? I have no idea why we are getting more and more injuries but don’t believe it’s just bad luck. What is your faith in them based on?

13 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Is that why Souttar had been out for weeks  but was touch and go for the Celtic game apparently. 

3 days later we were told he was making slow progress with the injury and was sent down south for a scan. 

These are 2 contradictory statements made by the club/medical staff within 3 days of each other. 

This is not the first time things like the above have happened. 

Glad you have faith in them. 😏

We_are_the_Hearts
3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Is that why Souttar had been out for weeks  but was touch and go for the Celtic game apparently. 

3 days later we were told he was making slow progress with the injury and was sent down south for a scan. 

These are 2 contradictory statements made by the club/medical staff within 3 days of each other. 

This is not the first time things like the above have happened. 

Glad you have faith in them. 😏

Exactly, everything to do with the 1st team is a circus just now.

21 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Your point was asking him to provide evidence and he gave you something.  You might not agree but he did back up what he said.  His was less assumption than yours as he showed you something from someone who has experience.  You've got to give him credit for backing up his opinion.

First thing I thought when Berra caught his studs in the grass at Tynecastle, and when Walker took a skelp was ‘that’ll be from eating too many Wheat Crunchies and Wispas’.

13 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Your point was asking him to provide evidence and he gave you something.  You might not agree but he did back up what he said.  His was less assumption than yours as he showed you something from someone who has experience.  You've got to give him credit for backing up his opinion.

I think when you ask for evidence you normally mean credible evidence not the opinion of someone on the outside looking in.

Just now, JamboAl said:

I think when you ask for evidence you normally mean credible evidence not the opinion of someone on the outside looking in.

He even named his source who works in the game.  That's not someone only looking in.  He asked you for credible evidence and you never gave any.  He backed up his opinion more than you did.  

5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

First thing I thought when Berra caught his studs in the grass at Tynecastle, and when Walker took a skelp was ‘that’ll be from eating too many Wheat Crunchies and Wispas’.

I'm being told that Wheat Crunchies and Wispas are now banned because PfK's friend says so.  I hope they draw up a list of other banned foods and have someone posted in each player's house to see they get the right amount of sleep.  Oh and BTW unless they fall asleeo immediately it doesn't count.

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

"Expert"  :rofl: 

I'm sure this Edinburgh City reserve coach knows far better than our own coaching team right enough.

15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Yet you have no evidence whatsoever, only completely blind judgement.  You have no idea how our medical staff compare with other teams also.  You ask for this and that to anyone that questions anything yet you never back anything you say up with anything credible and still dismiss any evidence you get given to you.  

11 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I'm sure this Edinburgh City reserve coach knows far better than our own coaching team right enough.

His own coaching/fitness team have a squad of players constantly out injured though and it’s waffle to say it’s just bad luck.  

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Yet you have no evidence whatsoever, only completely blind judgement.  You have no idea how our medical staff compare with other teams also.  You ask for this and that to anyone that questions anything yet you never back anything you say up with anything credible and still dismiss any evidence you get given to you.  

What else could the poster have done? At least he provided something.  His faith has more value than someone who works in the game,  no matter what level, it surely has more validity than his faith?  

14 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

He never said he did have better judgement, he was asked to provide evidence.  Where was the other poster's? 

1 minute ago, FruitJuice said:

What else could the poster have done? At least he provided something.  His faith has more value than someone who works in the game,  no matter what level, it surely has more validity than his faith?  

Especially when the one with just blind faith was the one being over aggressive asking for “evidence” trying to be a smart arse dismissing stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Especially when the one with just blind faith was the one being over aggressive asking for “evidence” trying to be a smart arse dismissing stuff. 

The guy has worked at st johnstone for two years and his faith is more valid.  

The weird thing is that he doesn't see it

Lack of sleep and poor diet causes muscles to fatigue. Therefore if they don’t warm up properly, or over stretch for a ball there is a higher chance of getting injured.

21 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

He never said he did have better judgement, he was asked to provide evidence.  Where was the other poster's? 

I’m sure he’s away doing a bit of research. 

Nobody in their right mind would have faith in our medical staff without a reason. 

Injury after injury. Constant recurring injuries. 

I’m sure he’ll be back on soon with some solid evidence. 

29 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

His own coaching/fitness team have a squad of players constantly out injured though and it’s waffle to say it’s just bad luck.  

Are you Daniel or Robert?

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

An expert opinion from afar isn't an expert opinion!

I'm interested in how we didn't have these problems under robbie when we were working the players much harder with triple sessions, full days, less days off and the like?

Didn't you say last season that you had a relation currently employed by Hearts bu the way? I remember it because you didn't get the difference between sports science and medicine so it didn't sound right. 

24 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

The guy has worked at st johnstone for two years and his faith is more valid.  

The weird thing is that he doesn't see it

Like banging your head against a brick wall with him I am afraid. 😏

10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

If he is a qualified sports scientist he needs to go back and learn how diet works as if our sports scientists are to blame on diet it would be pretty obvious considering how sports science works and the amount of info we record in regards to players. The lack of sleep thing is pretty much ****ing bollox though. 

2 hours ago, J80MBO said:

If players are suffering non contact injuries a lot it’s likely to be poor diet and lack of sleep.

What a load of nonsense haha quote of the year so far. Fantastic stuff hahaha

Diet can have an effect but its due to such things as eating poor foods and putting the acidity of the body too high which causes inflammation which can cause the body to then be at risk of joint injuries. But its basically along the lines of the players stuffing their faces with such things as IoS mentioned below a lot (ie as their entire source of nutrition) the following article it will explain a bit about blood ph

https://www.healthline.com/health/ph-of-blood#causes-of-abnormalities

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

46 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Lack of sleep and poor diet causes muscles to fatigue. Therefore if they don’t warm up properly, or over stretch for a ball there is a higher chance of getting injured.

You can ram your science up your arse according to some posters.  The poster never said this was the case with the club, he just said that what can happen with poor diet and fatigue.  

1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Have you got scientific evidence of such claims or a degree in sports science at least?  Asking for a friend ;) 

39 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

You can ram your science up your arse according to some posters.  The poster never said this was the case with the club, he just said that what can happen with poor diet and fatigue.  

Come on now, the implication was blatant and received loud and clear by everyone.

46 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

still think it is a training / player lifestyle issue

You said it was down to the "warm ups and warm downs" a couple of weeks ago.

Just now, Smithee said:

Come on now, the implication was blatant and received loud and clear by everyone.

Rightly or wrongly he was asked for evidence of his 'expert's ' opinion and he gave that.  What he was implying is a different issue.  I'm not saying that the club are to blame for the injuries we have.  Why would the club want players out injured long term?  Even medical people make unintentional errors if that is the case.  I'm not sure it is.  

2 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Rightly or wrongly he was asked for evidence of his 'expert's ' opinion and he gave that.  What he was implying is a different issue.  I'm not saying that the club are to blame for the injuries we have.  Why would the club want players out injured long term?  Even medical people make unintentional errors if that is the case.  I'm not sure it is.  

PfK's problem is that he's hanging his hat on the opinion of a guy with a degree on the subject but zero first hand knowledge of the situation. Looking back I see he said he has a relative working in analysis for the club, but obviously he won't know the fine details of individual players' medical situations.

We all hate the injury situation but the idea that a guy employed by Edinburgh City can see hidden truths from afar that the club and university's sports scientists can't is laughable to be quite honest.