Injury list - where does it end?

Clerry Jambo

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Super thanks for that. I do not really follow what is happening below the 1st team hence my ignorance on the matter.  

No problem.It was 5 nil and he was injured in that last few minutes. Why when he was carrying an injury was he still on that pitch, strange decision really. It was the 15th, two days after we got to the final.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/matchzone/41/matchreport/

Edited by Pasquale for King

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Robbo-Jambo

• JamboAl

• Beast Boy

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

No problem.It was 5 nil and he was injured in that last few minutes. Why when he was carrying an injury was he still on that pitch, strange decision really. It was the 15th, two days after we got to the final.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/matchzone/41/matchreport/

Calumn was carrying his injury for a good few weeks before that game at Rugby Park. Think they knew he needed an op but tried to carry it to end of season. Didn’t work. 

Michael Smith did not want to play against Celtic because of his hamstring being tight for a few days before the game. 

He played, lasted 20 mins? before going off with the injury made a lot worse and now is out for a longer period than he should have been. 

Why do we keep doing this, especially to an experienced player who knows his body best. 

Smith was not happy at all with the whole situation and this is straight from the horses mouth.. 

8 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Pereira and soapy will miss Motherwell game says gaffer

Soapy won’t be back anytime soon if he’s back in a boot 

9 minutes ago, theshed said:

Soapy won’t be back anytime soon if he’s back in a boot 

Aye doesn’t sound great, goalie seems to have a tear

The Treasurer
42 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Eh ?

Yesterday he was saying Pereira would almost certainly be back for the Well game.

I was  never one of those who was blaming our training/physios etc for the injury list, but I'm now starting to wonder just WTF is going on

10 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Eh ?

Yesterday he was saying Pereira would almost certainly be back for the Well game.

I was  never one of those who was blaming our training/physios etc for the injury list, but I'm now starting to wonder just WTF is going on

Goalie has low grade thigh tear which is normally 14 days recovery but not healing as quick as expected, still down in Manchester 

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Eh ?

The club are being economical with the truth as usual. 

Injuries updates are changed almost daily. 

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Goalie has low grade thigh tear which is normally 14 days recovery but not healing as quick as expected, still down in Manchester 

Yet Levein said he would be fine for the Motherwell game only yesterday. 

A bit like how he said Naismith would be fine for the Hamilton game last Friday after training all week. 

Chuck in the fact that he said Naismith and Souttar were touch and go for the Celtic game!!! 

Wee bit of a pattern emerging here 😏

3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Eh ?

My understanding is that Pereira is back at Man U for treatment so anything CL says will be 2nd hand originating from there.

Why would you want to blame our physios if he is in Manchester?

39 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

My understanding is that Pereira is back at Man U for treatment so anything CL says will be 2nd hand originating from there.

Below is from a post I put up on Wednesday night without the BBC link. It is on page 3 of this thread but I have modified the layout a bit

Interesting later in the article regarding Periera injury.

Suffered a slight thigh strain kicking the ball late in the game with Celtic.

I suppose it is all a bit new to him having to kick the ball 60+ yards all the time rather than throw/pass it to a defender within 20 yards.

“He’s gone from playing reserve football at Man United to being thrown into first-team training and matches in quick succession so he’s just got a little bit of a thigh strain from kicking so I’m hopeful that will settle down and he’ll be ready for Motherwell.

Pardon me for not believing CL with his assessment on his loan goalie.

Edited by 7628mm

12 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Michael Smith did not want to play against Celtic because of his hamstring being tight for a few days before the game. 

He played, lasted 20 mins? before going off with the injury made a lot worse and now is out for a longer period than he should have been. 

Why do we keep doing this, especially to an experienced player who knows his body best. 

Smith was not happy at all with the whole situation and this is straight from the horses mouth.. 

Levein said that Smith had mentioned a tight hamstring during the week, then declared himself fit for the match.  Felt it during the game, so signaled to come off. Levein does seem to be economical with the truth when it comes to injuries.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I was talking about our injury list in general.

We are supposed to have this state-of-the-art medical facility, yet no-one seems to know what the injuries are or what the recovery time will be.

1 hour ago, 7628mm said:

Below is from a post I put up on Wednesday night without the BBC link. It is on page 3 of this thread but I have modified the layout a bit

Interesting later in the article regarding Periera injury.

Suffered a slight thigh strain kicking the ball late in the game with Celtic.

I suppose it is all a bit new to him having to kick the ball 60+ yards all the time rather than throw/pass it to a defender within 20 yards.

“He’s gone from playing reserve football at Man United to being thrown into first-team training and matches in quick succession so he’s just got a little bit of a thigh strain from kicking so I’m hopeful that will settle down and he’ll be ready for Motherwell.

Pardon me for not believing CL with his assessment on his loan goalie.

Yip, and now Souttar has got his big protective boot back on again. 

He was touch and go for the Celtic game we were told. 🙄

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

He said they would be fine, makes it up as he goes along.

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

We are supposed to have this state-of-the-art medical facility, yet no-one seems to know what the injuries are or what the recovery time will be.

We don’t have a state of the art medical facility, it would appear that bit was skimped on by the SFA when Oriam was built. Our medical department is as much a shambles as the first team, bound to be a link there somewhere.

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

The post I quoted was about Pereira and has nothing to do with our state-of-the-art medical facility.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

He said they would be fine, makes it up as he goes along.

So do you - all the time.

I don't know about Soapy but we are at the mercy of Man U re Pereira.

On the credit side, one day soon, surely, they will all be match fit and we'll start playing well with a full squad.

Surely!!

9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

So do you - all the time.

I don't know about Soapy but we are at the mercy of Man U re Pereira.

No he actually doesn't. 

It's Levein who can't tell the same story about injuries 2 days in a row. 

Players either come back to early and make it worse ie.. Berra or were told they will be back in 10 days or 2 weeks and they are out for weeks and weeks ie. Smith and Souttar. 

It's farcical tbh Levein grabbing at straws and being shall we say economical about the truth regarding players injuries. ☹️

8 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

No he actually doesn't. 

It's Levein who can't tell the same story about injuries 2 days in a row. 

Players either come back to early and make it worse ie.. Berra or were told they will be back in 10 days or 2 weeks and they are out for weeks and weeks ie. Smith and Souttar. 

It's farcical tbh Levein grabbing at straws and being shall we say economical about the truth regarding players injuries. ☹️

Whatever floats your boat.

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Is there any news on Naismith since he didn't make the bench for the Russia game, was that through injury or number of subs allowed? 

His injury.

15 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Naismith has been sent home from Scotland squad, apparently could have made it at a push but not being risked !!

He'll get 10 mins Vs Motherwell, start the Derby, and break down again.

If we weren't struggling as bad as we are I'd give him a month just to train consistently.

1 hour ago, aitcheeayartees said:

Spoke to Souttar in Portugal yesterday whilst flying home from Holiday..... said he was getting the boot off today.

Not a nice pet name, but good that he’s still able to perform.

Pasquale for King
On 05/09/2019 at 13:49, soonbe110 said:

Calumn was carrying his injury for a good few weeks before that game at Rugby Park. Think they knew he needed an op but tried to carry it to end of season. Didn’t work. 

Yes indeed, the question is with that knowledge why on Earth was he playing on that awful pitch and left on at 5 nil up late in the game. Crazy decision by whoever made it.

Pasquale for King
On 09/09/2019 at 07:09, Bunny Munro said:

He'll get 10 mins Vs Motherwell, start the Derby, and break down again.

If we weren't struggling as bad as we are I'd give him a month just to train consistently.

If he hadn’t been risked from the start against Ross County when clearly not fit enough he might actually be nearer full fitness by now a month later.

Pasquale for King
19 hours ago, aitcheeayartees said:

Spoke to Souttar in Portugal yesterday whilst flying home from Holiday..... said he was getting the boot off today.

I suppose it’s good he got a wee holiday as he didn’t have much time off in the summer. He’s probably still a few weeks away from fitness then if he’s getting the boot off today.

alicante jambo

In all the years of being a hearts supporter i have never seen anything like it regards injuries. Got me thinking when we won the league with robbie neilson in charge that season we got hammered with injuries too which made it even more remarkable we won that league so easy. We just need a wee break here. Once we get our players fit im sure we have enough good players to bring some success. Hope we smash motherwell for starters. Mon the jts.

Yes indeed, the question is with that knowledge why on Earth was he playing on that awful pitch and left on at 5 nil up late in the game. Crazy decision by whoever made it.

Probably Calumn himself. Likely he told the bench he was fine. That’s what young boys do. 

If he hadn’t been risked from the start against Ross County when clearly not fit enough he might actually be nearer full fitness by now a month later.

I'll bet CL and the medical staff all wish they were as clever as you.

Guest ToqueJambo

I notice Clarke getting an awfy lot of leeway from critics due to injuries denying him some of his best players, despite the fact he has a much bigger pool of players to pick from.

I suppose it’s good he got a wee holiday as he didn’t have much time off in the summer. He’s probably still a few weeks away from fitness then if he’s getting the boot off today.

At this rate he'll be with us for years.

That's what you get from signing injury prone players,   signing older players and making a james hunt of offering such  players 3 to four deals. The recruitment over the time  under mr teflon and his sidekick is fecking criminal .

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Probably Calumn himself. Likely he told the bench he was fine. That’s what young boys do. 

He probably shouldn’t have been playing, and if he was then 60 minutes at most. Coaches and managers should make these decisions before the game, just more poor choices that ended up giving us one less option in the final.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'll bet CL and the medical staff all wish they were as clever as you.

You can’t seriously defend them on this? They played an injured player on the worst pitch in our league in a meaningless reserve game, then kept him on for nearly 90 minutes when we were winning 5 nil. Just more mismanagement and bad planning from the current set up, who should really know better with their experience.

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

At this rate he'll be with us for years.

It’s one of the reasons he’s still here, injured every season he’s been a Hearts player.

A month later he is still unfit. 

Must have been nowhere near ready when he got lobbed in for the RC game. 

Baffles me why we continually take risks with our top players when they are clearly not fit and it backfires nearly every time. 

Berra,  Naismith, Uche and Morrison last year and Naismith (again) and Michael Smith this year. 

Plus Souttar has his protective boot on and off like a yo yo. 🙄

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

A month later he is still unfit. 

Must have been nowhere near ready when he got lobbed in for the RC game. 

Baffles me why we continually take risks with our top players when they are clearly not fit and it backfires nearly every time. 

Berra,  Naismith, Uche and Morrison last year and Naismith (again) and Michael Smith this year. 

Plus Souttar has his protective boot on and off like a yo yo. 🙄

Incompetence and desperation would be my guess.

chuck berrys hairline

Rita and her magic stick was more progressive than our medical team at present. Wouldn't surprise me if our jobs for the boys appointments are directly harming our players health and fitness. Any other line of work and the medic team would be hauled over hot coals for an explanation. It's not luck or bad luck it's bad management end of.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Rita and her magic stick was more progressive than our medical team at present. Wouldn't surprise me if our jobs for the boys appointments are directly harming our players health and fitness. Any other line of work and the medic team would be hauled over hot coals for an explanation. It's not luck or bad luck it's bad management end of.

Rita? No wonder everyone is in the physios room 😜

DF04E398-F65B-450A-ABB4-03F856AB41BF.jpeg

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Have a look around other clubs,  seems to be quite common in football at the moment. 

Perhaps too easy to sit back,  maybe training to higher levels and possibly a bit of both

You can’t seriously defend them on this? They played an injured player on the worst pitch in our league in a meaningless reserve game, then kept him on for nearly 90 minutes when we were winning 5 nil. Just more mismanagement and bad planning from the current set up, who should really know better with their experience.

Why must anyone defend them?

I'll ask again, what are your qualifications for your incessant rants on medical matters?

I understand the player trained all week and at some point we need to see if he can cope with a run out to see if it stands up in a game.   I would have thought a meaningless reserve game would be the ideal type of game to test this.

HINDSIGHT now tells us that was maybe too soon but why are you always chasing the club with blame for this and blame for that.  Give it a rest man.

Edited by JamboAl