Disappointing start to the season

MCJamTart

I have tried to be positive and give the team and management a chance. But 4 games in to the new SPL campaign and it has to be said it's been a disappointing start. I cannot see how team performance and results can change. My glass is half empty tonight but I can see Hearts fighting to stay in the SPL this season. Should we accept the bottom 6? Are we aiming too high? Maybe

Special Agent Dale Cooper
Just now, Famous 1874 said:

4th should be a bare minimum.

With this squad we should be at least third.

2 minutes ago, MCJamTart said:

Are we aiming too high? Maybe

No. We have a good squad just a god awful manager.

2 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Definitely mate. 3rd biggest club with the 3rd best squad on paper along with a loyal fan base and great facilities and are set to be fan owned in 2020.

Shame about the management team and the board letting the club down though

1 hour ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Last season, while unhappy, we had excuses. We had a a good first eleven but the squad wasn’t strong enough to deal with the injuries we had. This season, it is - there’s no excuses. We have the third best squad in the league. To say we’re significantly underperforming is an understatement. 

Its been an absolutely shambolic start to the season. 

Aberdeen: 3-2 - Individual errors from Hickey and Dikamona cost us the match - 3 points to player error

Ross County: 0-0 - A match at home we should be looking to take all 3 points - 2 points lost

Celtic : 3-1 - Expected to lose this tbh. Not too fussed.

Hamilton : 2-2 - 1 goal lost from individual error and another from the manager not changing things when Hamilton were clearly finding their way into the game

We've thrown away points at every opportunity this season. Levein should be livid, this is his name, his reputation that is being put into the mud, but he seems almost passive in his interviews. I don't know if it was the heart scare, the job security... honestly, whatever it is, its not good enough. If its the heart thing he needs to step down for medical reasons. If its the job security he needs to step down, since thats totally unacceptable. 

A certain part of me does give some leeway to Levein, Against the dons he lost Soapy first half to injury. Against Ross County he had to sub Naisy early because of injury. Against Motherwell he lost Walker to injury. Against Celtic he loses Smith. Against Hamilton he lost Henderson then White to injury. I can sympathise that effectively losing 1/2 optional subs a game makes things harder but this run isn't good enough. Its turning into a bad joke with the injuries. Soapys was an ankle injury, Naisy was a muscle injury, Walker freak accident, Smith muscle injury, Henderson looked like his hip? and then Whites another muscle injury. I can't be arsed going into last season but I dare say a good few were also muscle injuries. I really do think Levein needs to investigate this.

Honestly, no idea how much I want Levein to succeed but the ships sinking and he has no idea how to fix it. Getting someone in with who can is now the next step. He's not fixing this. I started the season with the expectation of qualifying for europe. As things stand finishing 6th (AGAIN) would be an achievement. Our expectations/ demands shouldn't be dropping. We're a big club that should be pushing the huns and for 2nd. 

We've brought in some really good high quality players, and there are some great youngsters too. All the tools are there to succeed and he's just not. Making a change now, before its too late is imperative. We cannot become a midtable side because our owner is too tied in with Levein. Budge has a call to make. 

What worries me about how long she's taking is that people are getting understandably pissed off and will be cancelling their DDs. Once that happens, you then need to convince them to resub their DDs. She shouldn't be treating the FOH subscribers as blind followers, eventually people will vote with their feet and stop supporting it. At which point the sustainability of fan ownership becomes a question we need to discuss. 

Our squad is good enough for top 3 (close to 2nd if not 2nd) and to get to the finals of cups if not win them.

The problem is our management and, as long as that remains unchanged, our owner only in this respect is also a problem.

On 31/08/2019 at 21:46, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

WE have to stop hyping up the squad

i don’t think they are all that good

Adam_the_legend
26 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

“On paper” - i don’t think I’ve seen this term used so often on JKB until recently. Let’s try “in reality” instead...

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

So WE have to stop hyping them up, because you don't rate them?

Sorry, I respectfully disagree.

On 31/08/2019 at 23:12, OTT said:

Its been an absolutely shambolic start to the season. 

Aberdeen: 3-2 - Individual errors from Hickey and Dikamona cost us the match - 3 points to player error

Ross County: 0-0 - A match at home we should be looking to take all 3 points - 2 points lost

Celtic : 3-1 - Expected to lose this tbh. Not too fussed.

Hamilton : 2-2 - 1 goal lost from individual error and another from the manager not changing things when Hamilton were clearly finding their way into the game

We've thrown away points at every opportunity this season. Levein should be livid, this is his name, his reputation that is being put into the mud, but he seems almost passive in his interviews. I don't know if it was the heart scare, the job security... honestly, whatever it is, its not good enough. If its the heart thing he needs to step down for medical reasons. If its the job security he needs to step down, since thats totally unacceptable. 

A certain part of me does give some leeway to Levein, Against the dons he lost Soapy first half to injury. Against Ross County he had to sub Naisy early because of injury. Against Motherwell he lost Walker to injury. Against Celtic he loses Smith. Against Hamilton he lost Henderson then White to injury. I can sympathise that effectively losing 1/2 optional subs a game makes things harder but this run isn't good enough. Its turning into a bad joke with the injuries. Soapys was an ankle injury, Naisy was a muscle injury, Walker freak accident, Smith muscle injury, Henderson looked like his hip? and then Whites another muscle injury. I can't be arsed going into last season but I dare say a good few were also muscle injuries. I really do think Levein needs to investigate this.

Honestly, no idea how much I want Levein to succeed but the ships sinking and he has no idea how to fix it. Getting someone in with who can is now the next step. He's not fixing this. I started the season with the expectation of qualifying for europe. As things stand finishing 6th (AGAIN) would be an achievement. Our expectations/ demands shouldn't be dropping. We're a big club that should be pushing the huns and for 2nd. 

We've brought in some really good high quality players, and there are some great youngsters too. All the tools are there to succeed and he's just not. Making a change now, before its too late is imperative. We cannot become a midtable side because our owner is too tied in with Levein. Budge has a call to make. 

What worries me about how long she's taking is that people are getting understandably pissed off and will be cancelling their DDs. Once that happens, you then need to convince them to resub their DDs. She shouldn't be treating the FOH subscribers as blind followers, eventually people will vote with their feet and stop supporting it. At which point the sustainability of fan ownership becomes a question we need to discuss. 

But he says he can “fix it”. Thank Christ his name isn’t Jim, imagine the headlines!!

Captain Canada

Here's a positive spin on things for those looking for a crumb of comfort. (This is in jest, I definitely want CL to go).

We've only lost twice in 90 minutes this season

We're unbeaten at home 

We got clean sheets against Cowdenbeath and Ross County

We got Martin and Sammon off the wage bill

We're big in Japan now! 

3 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Correct ,think we are expecting too much,especially without a proven goalscorer ,and non too clever goalkeepers,thinks may change hopefully...

We are shite because as a club we have lost our focus. Instead of focusing 100% on the men's team we focus about 10% on it.

3 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Pish.

Nothing personal.

2 hours ago, sac said:

But he says he can “fix it”. Thank Christ his name isn’t Jim, imagine the headlines!!

:) 

Guest ToqueJambo
On 31/08/2019 at 13:45, MCJamTart said:

I have tried to be positive and give the team and management a chance. But 4 games in to the new SPL campaign and it has to be said it's been a disappointing start. I cannot see how team performance and results can change. My glass is half empty tonight but I can see Hearts fighting to stay in the SPL this season. Should we accept the bottom 6? Are we aiming too high? Maybe

We'll be top 6 and in another cup semi final by the end of the month.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We'll be top 6 and in another cup semi final by the end of the month.

Yip. 

The only concerning games were actually the two home games. 

They both ended up in draws. 

A narrow defeat at Aberdeen and a 3-1 reverse at celtic is hardly a disaster. 

On top of last seasons form tho, we need wins- now. 

9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Winston Wolf couldn't fix this mess.

Thank goodness.

Keitel is a shite actor and those adverts are chronic.

Winston Wolf couldn't fix this me

Edited by Special Agent Dale Cooper
Double post.

The Treasurer

We are shite because as a club we have lost our focus. Instead of focusing 100% on the men's team we focus about 10% on it.

By your own admission you don't go to watch the team, you've got an unhealthy chip on your shoulder about everything Ann Budge does.

I think I know the reason for the above.

Are you one of the silly wee arseholes that has been banned by AB for singing pathetic songs that have nothing to do with our club ?

It would certainly explain 99% of your slaverings

Jambof3tornado
On 31/08/2019 at 21:46, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Yup in a scrap for third is where we should be.