*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****

Whatever

*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****  

1,302 members have voted

1. 1. Should craig Levein....

• Remain in position as head coach and director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as head coach but remain at the club as Director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as director of football but remain at the club as head coach
    • Leave/be removed from the club completely

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

• 1874robbo

• Jambo-Fox

Dusk_Till_Dawn
20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Why people want to keep McPhee in any capacity and even more weirdly,  keep CL as DoF is absolutely baffling.

It’s weird. The attitude of - he’s been hopeless at this job but let’s give him a different one.

Bizarre.

18 minutes ago, Mort said:

Can we do a new poll as of today? Once we have the results they should be passed on to FOH for them to present to the rest of the board.

Agreed. There should be a simple stay or leave now option. 

There is only one suitable person for caretaker manager if Levein goes now, and it’s Gary Locke. Next two games are huge and Locke has a track record of being able to beat both these teams. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

There is only one suitable person for caretaker manager if Levein goes now, and it’s Gary Locke. Next two games are huge and Locke has a track record of being able to beat both these teams. 

I wouldn’t object to that but under no circumstances can Locke be a full time option

3 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Locke's record in management is abysmal - I still get angry when I think back to the season we got relegated thinking a competent manager might have at least got us to the play off place.  Gary Naysmith is working for Hearts and did do better with teams in lower leagues, but hasn't got any SPL management record.

Edited by frankblack

39 minutes ago, Mort said:

Can we do a new poll as of today? Once we have the results they should be passed on to FOH for them to present to the rest of the board.

20 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Agreed. There should be a simple stay or leave now option. 

New poll started folks. As Jambo_Gaz says, only 2 options. 

I will put my hand up and say I was a  Levein lover excuse the pun but what I have seen in the three home games has been a disgrace and hope Anne sees sense and does the right thing before Craig pulls her down with him.

10 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I wouldn’t object to that but under no circumstances can Locke be a full time option

Completely agree. Put Locke in charge for Hibs and Aberdeen and get someone else in place full time for after these games.

11 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Locke's record in management is abysmal - I still get angry when I think back to the season we got relegated thinking a competent manager might have at least got us to the play off place.  Gary Naysmith is working for Hearts and did do better with teams in lower leagues, but hasn't got any SPL management record.

Locke’s management record v Hibs and Aberdeen is far from abysmal. He can get a Hearts team fired up for a big game. Can’t see that we have anyone else at the club better suited to leading us into these next two games. Get someone else in full time afterwards though. At least this would buy the board a little time to find someone.

Just now, amadjambo said:

Locke’s management record v Hibs and Aberdeen is far from abysmal. He can get a Hearts team fired up for a big game. Can’t see that we have anyone else at the club better suited to leading us into these next two games. Get someone else in full time afterwards though. At least this would buy the board a little time to find someone.

You are going way back.  He fell down the leagues until no club wanted him and he is doing a hospitality role now.  I hold him culpable for us getting relegated without a fight, and that isn't good enough for a caretaker manager.

Naysmith looks a better bet to me.

Just now, frankblack said:

You are going way back.  He fell down the leagues until no club wanted him and he is doing a hospitality role now.  I hold him culpable for us getting relegated without a fight, and that isn't good enough for a caretaker manager.

His record in that relegation is identical to Levein over the last 38 league games. 

Neither are good enough to manage Hearts. 

56 minutes ago, Mort said:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a19bb3abcef0b49a769

23 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Locke couldn’t beat an Inverness team with 9 men in 30 mins of extra time.

would he list a full bench of subs?

Pretty harsh on Locke. Had kris Boyd and David goodwille basically signed till the transfer embargo then had to play kids and got paid buttons. If it was for one two games max I wouldn’t mind. Hearts legend and hearts daft. And easily one the nicest blokes I’ve had the pleasure of meeting.

8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Naysmith’s mgmt record is pretty poor too, which is why he’s in his current role.

And apart from maybe Andy Kirk, I wouldn’t want anyone else at the club to take over in a caretaker capacity.

2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Locke couldn’t beat an Inverness team with 9 men in 30 mins of extra time.

would he list a full bench of subs?

Christ.  I had years of therapy to get over that one - thanks for reminding me.

:muggy:

Then there is always the league cup final that McGlynn set him up in.

:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Christ.  I had years of therapy to get over that one - thanks for reminding me.

:muggy:

Then there is always the league cup final that McGlynn set him up in.

:facepalm:

Correct!! Yet people seriously want him promoted from club ambassador to caretaker head coach!!

that defies belief for me.

1 hour ago, Swanny17 said:

Unfortunately CL will not be resigning any time soon. He’s far too arrogant for that. He will only go with a large pay-off as he does not give a **** about the club. 

Remember, this is the man who called Hearts a provincial club when he moved to Leicester. 😡

Where was he during the SOH era?

Where was he at the formation of FOH? 

Levein was fully behind the not fit for purpose nonsense and supported the proposed move to murrayfield. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/levein-helps-sell-murrayfield-move-to-sceptical-hearts-fans-73468.html

It's a tragedy that Craig Levein has earned legendary status at the club but now risks sacrificing that by his stubbornness, if he holds the club to ransom over a severance deal then that will be the final nail. His career was in the doldrums when AB called him in  so he owes her and us some respect if and when he decides to go.

45 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Correct!! Yet people seriously want him promoted from club ambassador to caretaker head coach!!

that defies belief for me.

Locke knew how to get a Hearts team fored up for a Derby, and he knew how to beat Aberdeen, home and away. For two games it seems like a reasonable proposition. Someone in the dressing room to fire up and motivate the team. Any longer than that and clearly it would be a terrible idea, and much more substance would be required. But right now our team has ability but zero passion. As a very short term solution it doesn’t seem like a terrible idea to me. Clearly there’s a few that disagree though.

3 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Locke knew how to get a Hearts team fored up for a Derby, and he knew how to beat Aberdeen, home and away. For two games it seems like a reasonable proposition. Someone in the dressing room to fire up and motivate the team. Any longer than that and clearly it would be a terrible idea, and much more substance would be required. But right now our team has ability but zero passion. As a very short term solution it doesn’t seem like a terrible idea to me. Clearly there’s a few that disagree though.

If any of our players need Gary Locke to get them up for a derby then we may as well put the lights out now!!!

1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

If any of our players need Gary Locke to get them up for a derby then we may as well put the lights out now!!!

Think you might well need to put the lights out then.