*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****

Whatever

*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****  

1,302 members have voted

1. 1. Should craig Levein....

• Remain in position as head coach and director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as head coach but remain at the club as Director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as director of football but remain at the club as head coach
    • Leave/be removed from the club completely

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

If we see no improvement by end of of October I will change my vote from 1st to 2nd option. We need to see real progress now that the deadwood has been cut and this is unequivocally CL's team.

God damn, this is what I’m talking about :Facepalm:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

• 1874robbo

• Jambo-Fox

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Managers do not get, and have never had, a clean slate in summer. It’s not year zero. Levein has a track record and it’s absolutely dismal. We’ve started this season poorly and much as you’d like to, you cannot just erase what’s gone before.

In the same way that you wouldn’t erase the cup final if he’d won it. Which he didn’t.

In this case I looked at how he did start last season and the injuries we had and the recruitment in summer and decided he deserves this season which, no matter how folk are trying to make it just a continuation of last season, is a completely new season with new players - not just in our team - and new managers and teams to play against. That said if things don't turn around the next few games I'll want a change, no different to when it became clear we weren't going to improve under Cathro.

43 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Well he didn't appoint himself so he probably won't fire himself. Whoever appointed him will do that. Personally I think it'll be a "mutual parting of the ways" if it comes to that and I think he will step back into a DoF type role at least for a transition period.

Will Levein go back and do the DOF role part time or full time? If it can be done part time just now, why the need to do it full time then?  

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, FruitJuice said:

Will Levein go back and do the DOF role part time or full time? If it can be done part time just now, why the need to do it full time then?  

Why not go to the next AGM and ask?

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

It seems he wont need to do it full time if it isn't necessary now. If it requires someone doing it full time, why isn't that happening now? What do you think? 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, FruitJuice said:

It seems he wont need to do it full time if it isn't necessary now. If it requires someone doing it full time, why isn't that happening now? What do you think? 

I think you're obsessed with Craig Levein!

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We'll all just go to the agm and ask nothing on here then.  You get really defensive if folk question anything that isn't the party line.  There was nothing wrong with what I asked.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

The usual response.  I'm asking about the DOF role.  You seem to be obsessed with being an irritating imbecile.  

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, FruitJuice said:

The usual response.  I'm asking about the DOF role.  You seem to be obsessed with being an irritating imbecile.  

How would I know if it'll be part time or full time? Depends on what Budge and/or he wants him to do next doesn't it? These things evolve. The club has different priorities from when he first took the DoF role.

How would I know if it'll be part time or full time? Depends on what Budge and/or he wants him to do next doesn't it? These things evolve. The club has different priorities from when he first took the DoF role.

Asking about the structure of the club isn't obsessed with Craig levein, I'm.obsessed with us doing well.

Where in my previous posts can you see my obsession with Levein?  

I think if it can be done part time now, it can be done part time then.  Different priorities? What are they? 

15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Oh the irony!!!  You’re over JKB like a rash when anybody questions Levein!! 😂😂😂😂😂

12 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Oh the irony!!!  You’re over JKB like a rash when anybody questions Levein!! 😂😂😂😂😂

12 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I.thought it was a decent question.  If he doesn't know, why say anything?  If fans do protest on Saturday,  I cant wait to see him on here...  are we waiting to see if Craig levein decides what he wants to do?  If that's the case, he really has got a free range at the the club without the success to have earned it.  

Craig Levein at the youth game vs Celtic last Tuesday at Lennoxtown was telling anyone who asked that he was going nowhere and that the fans singing for him to leave would be soon singing his name. I hope his team and tactics on Saturday are as bullish. 

2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Craig Levein at the youth game vs Celtic last Tuesday at Lennoxtown was telling anyone who asked that he was going nowhere and that the fans singing for him to leave would be soon singing his name. I hope his team and tactics on Saturday are as bullish. 

I hope he's right

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

What are you on about? You said the past season is an indicator of this one. Experience should tell you that's not how football works. I've been consistent in that I think injuries ruined last season and I think Levein deserves a chance to turn it around in his last year of his contract. I also think our recruitment has been outstanding this summer and again that's down to Levein. I'm not a big Levein fan - didn't want him to get the head coach job and didn't especially enjoy his previous time in charge - I just think he deserves a chance to turn things around as he was unlucky last season after the start we had. I don't have a time limit but I'll know if I want him out when I want him out. Haven't got there yet but am close. I'll let you know.

So he deserves longer because we had a good start to last season, but every season is different and is reset with no hangover from the last one? Which is it? That’s what I’m on about? You can’t have it both ways.

58 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

In this case I looked at how he did start last season and the injuries we had and the recruitment in summer and decided he deserves this season which, no matter how folk are trying to make it just a continuation of last season, is a completely new season with new players - not just in our team - and new managers and teams to play against. That said if things don't turn around the next few games I'll want a change, no different to when it became clear we weren't going to improve under Cathro.

you said you’d give him this season as he deserves it yet you’ve also said if things don’t turn around the next few games you’ll want change.

You are all over the place here!

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

What a delusional man.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

you said you’d give him this season as he deserves it yet you’ve also said if things don’t turn around the next few games you’ll want change.

You are all over the place here!

Yeah I said last season I'd keep him in charge for this season. Now I'm saying he needs to turn things around sharpish which I think he will.

Guest ToqueJambo
37 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I'm questioning his motivation myself on here. And before that I questioned why he allowed Cathro to overhaul the squad the way he did. Also questioned whether or not he tried hard enough to keep Neilson on board. Also question his approach to away games against the OF. Still think he can turn around our form with more luck with injuries this year. 

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm questioning his motivation myself on here. And before that I questioned why he allowed Cathro to overhaul the squad the way he did. Also questioned whether or not he tried hard enough to keep Neilson on board. Also question his approach to away games against the OF. Still think he can turn around our form with more luck with injuries this year. 

He won't, because he doesn't know how to. Watch this space......

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You’re questioning quite a lot of things in a head coach you want to keep.

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I am total agreement with the questions you have raised.

As a result I want him out of Hearts - you on the other hand defend him to the hilt!

Strange....🤔 

6 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

He’s all over the place! 😂

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I am total agreement with the questions you have raised.

As a result I want him out of Hearts - you on the other hand defend him to the hilt!

Strange....🤔 

No I defend him as someone who I think is capable of turning things around, because as an experienced manager he can. Put it this way, if he's sacked tomorrow McPhee and Daly would be in charge probably for quite a few weeks. I've been consistent that I'd rather we take our time finding the next manager during this, Levein's last season. We've not started well but I've seen Hearts not start well then turn things around many times. Obviously if we're bottom in a few weeks he'll be gone, as manager at least. Right now, still in the LC with a winnable home tie between us and Hampden and just 4 league games in, I think he can turn things around with the very good squad that he has built.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I don't want to sack him 4 games into the league season. There's a difference.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

But you do after 7?

I wanted Cathro to start the new season after he'd had a pre season etc, etc. Then I wanted him gone when it became very clear he wasn't up to the job. It'll be no different with Levein. The difference is Levein is an experienced manager who has been a good manager and could be again. Cathro wasn't. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

The ego has landed...hes really starting to annoy me now.

His interviews do my head in, hardly ever his fault and thinks he’s bombproof. He’s had an easy ride so far, I think that’s going to change from now on.

I wanted Cathro to start the new season after he'd had a pre season etc, etc. Then I wanted him gone when it became very clear he wasn't up to the job. It'll be no different to Levein.

Why do you persist in believing that everyone wants rid of Levein because of these first 4 games.

this  goes back to last season for most of the people I know myself included.

this isn’t a knee jerk reaction from me for this season.

9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

No I defend him as someone who I think is capable of turning things around, because as an experienced manager he can. Put it this way, if he's sacked tomorrow McPhee and Daly would be in charge probably for quite a few weeks. I've been consistent that I'd rather we take our time finding the next manager during this, Levein's last season. We've not started well but I've seen Hearts not start well then turn things around many times. Obviously if we're bottom in a few weeks he'll be gone, as manager at least. Right now, still in the LC with a winnable home tie between us and Hampden and just 4 league games in, I think he can turn things around with the very good squad that he has built.

Because he is an experienced manager? That should rule out McCann straight away then if he doesn't.  

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

His interviews do my head in, hardly ever his fault and thinks he’s bombproof. He’s had an easy ride so far, I think that’s going to change from now on.

He is bulletproof though.

most managers would have fell on their sword after Livingston. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Budge to blame for giving him too much control at the club...blind faith if you like.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

He is bulletproof though.

most managers would have fell on their sword after Livingston. 

So far anyway, I think the protests will move on this weekend.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Agentjambo said:

Budge to blame for giving him too much control at the club...blind faith if you like.

Definitely, she is going to have to find someone to advise her on a new DoF and let that person pick the new head/assistant coaches if we are to progress on the park.

Guest ToqueJambo
28 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What a delusional man.

The things is the eejits who have vocally wanted Levein out (and anyone appointed by him, eg Neilson) since he walked in the door mean that Levein can ignore a certain amount of the criticism he's getting now. They've actually harmed their case by banging on about Levein and jumping on anything he does wrong and blowing it up and largely ignoring the good things he's done for 5 years (I include Gary Mackay and Michael Stewart in that group).

There actually is a growing strong case for sacking Levein as head coach but a lot of the people calling for his sacking don't have any credibility because it's so obvious they hate the guy for some reason. When the bulk of the Heart support let Levein know they want him out he'll know it and he'll be off. 

The things is the eejits who have vocally wanted Levein out (and anyone appointed by him, eg Neilson) since he walked in the door mean that Levein can ignore a certain amount of the criticism he's getting now. They've actually harmed their case by banging on about Levein and jumping on anything he does wrong and blowing it up and largely ignoring the good things he's done for 5 years (I include Gary Mackay and Michael Stewart in that group).

There actually is a growing strong case for sacking Levein as head coach but a lot of the people calling for his sacking don't have any credibility because it's so obvious they hate the guy for some reason. When the bulk of the Heart support let Levein know they want him out he'll know it and he'll be off. 

What's that law called when a discussion gets to the stage that Hitler gets mentioned? The levein haters getting mentioned is the kickback equivalent.  

I am quite happy for him to cling on as long as possible before it becomes absolutely untenable. In those circumstances it becomes almost impossible to keep him in any capacity due to the toxicity. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

What's that law called when a discussion gets to the stage that Hitler gets mentioned? The levein haters getting mentioned is the kickback equivalent.  

I remember thinking under Romanov that more than a few Hibs fans became so obsessed with bashing Hearts they forgot to support their own team. I think quite a few Hearts fans have fallen down that hole.

14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

And yet he is still here.

90%+ on a pro Levein Forum want him gone.

Other social media outlets it is higher than that.

Wether you love/hate Levein there is no support for him to continue.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I am quite happy for him to cling on as long as possible before it becomes absolutely untenable. In those circumstances it becomes almost impossible to keep him in any capacity due to the toxicity. 

I honestly think Budge will kick him back upstairs or tell him to take a leave before it gets to that stage. There are really only two scenarios here. Either we'll get to the cup semi and climb up the league, even if it's a slow climb - Levein will stay. We'll lose the next few games, including a derby and the cup tie, meaning we're anchored to the bottom - Levein will walk or be pushed. It'll be interesting to see what happens if we win a couple and lose a couple and win the cup tie. I suspect unless we have a replacement lined up, Levein will stay rather than having McPhee and Daly in charge for a month or so.

I remember thinking under Romanov that more than a few Hibs fans became so obsessed with bashing Hearts they forgot to support their own team. I think quite a few Hearts fans have fallen down that hole.

Wtf are you on about  wanting Hearts to do well is bashing us?  How can you say that our fans haven't supported the team after what they've endured for nearly three years?  Is that another way of using the levein haters dig?  

There are protests planned for Saturday for no reason at all. Ungrateful swines! 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

And yet he is still here.

90%+ on a pro Levein Forum want him gone.

Other social media outlets it is higher than that.

Wether you love/hate Levein there is no support for him to continue.

The internet and especially social media isn't representative. Budge backed Levein a day or two ago although that could turn out to be the dreaded vote of confidence. Personally, I'd be surprised if we would back Levein as we have in the transfer market only to sack him after a few league games. After a complete round of fixtures, maybe.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

The internet and especially social media isn't representative. Budge backed Levein a day or two ago although that could turn out to be the dreaded vote of confidence. Personally, I'd be surprised if we would back Levein as we have in the transfer market only to sack him after a few league games. After a complete round of fixtures, maybe.

You're just a Hearts fan hater...

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, FruitJuice said:

Wtf are you on about  wanting Hearts to do well is bashing us?  How can you say that our fans haven't supported the team after what they've endured for nearly three years?  Is that another way of using the levein haters dig?  

There are protests planned for Saturday for no reason at all. Ungrateful swines! 

Let's see how well attended the protest is. Happy to be proven wrong if it's more than 50-100 or so (not including the UJ lot and the bunch we all know are very annoyed with Budge for not letting them do what they want). Hopefully we win well so there's no appetite for a protest. I'm sure you agree :)