*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****

Whatever

*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****  

1,302 members have voted

1. 1. Should craig Levein....

• Remain in position as head coach and director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as head coach but remain at the club as Director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as director of football but remain at the club as head coach
    • Leave/be removed from the club completely

Miller is a total shop front. Typical of the backward thinking halfwits we have to endure on bbc radio. Scottish sports journalism is in a terrible state defined by its fear of the old firm. Guys who had careers outwith the OF rarely challenge anything, instead preferring to help maintain the status quo making them part of the problem when they should be speaking out against the bias.

it’s tragic.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

• 1874robbo

• Jambo-Fox

30 minutes ago, Plank said:

Willie Miller, like Pat Bonner is a horrible pundit and an arse to go with it. I'll give it to him though. He was a brilliant defender. Faithful.to his club as well. Great servant to Scotland. 

For all I’ve said previously I’d agree.

A brilliant player.

The next interview for a manger should go like this

Just what is it that you want to do?
Well, we wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do
And we wanna get loaded and we wanna have a good time
And that's what we're gonna do (away baby, let's go)
We're gonna have a good time, we're gonna have a party

1 hour ago, Whatever said:

A brilliant player.

Best Scottish defender in my lifetime. Great player and to captain a Scottish team to European glory is no mean feat.

Central Belt 1874
5 hours ago, sadj said:

That shows how out of touch he is I guess. As everyone knows from my comments on here im not a Miller fan as a person nor a pundit side. Lots of clubs have DoFs. I think it was on here someone posted a quote from someone down south saying older British managers may not work with DoFs as its not how they see things but younger coaches and foreign coaches do because its the norm. Seems a fair comment as many clubs have them , the difference being many clubs don’t have someone as divisive or as known about as CL so it gets overlooked or forgotten.  

Miller actually said most of what you have just posted Sadj. 

I couldn't tell if he disagreed with the DOF role or if he was suggesting football has moved on from his (and Leveins) time and it is the norm for a DOF now, which an ambitious young coach/manager would be more comfortable with. 

Basically all pundits on Radio Scotland today thought we were in a complete mess in regards to our football management situation. 

39 minutes ago, Sagan said:

The Hearts are having a party, The Hearts are having a party

The Hibs are in their bed. 

Mind that?

Do you?

:rofl:

The Real Maroonblood
11 hours ago, Whatever said:

A brilliant player.

A good referee as well. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
16 hours ago, hueyview said:

Willie Millar saying many Managers will not work with a director of Football......

Does not know if Hibs or Hearts are in more trouble...

Most managers in football these days would specifically ask for a DOF.

4 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Most managers in football these days would specifically ask for a DOF.

How do you know that? 🤔

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

How do you know that? 🤔

If you follow football, particularly on the continent, it’s blindingly obvious 

34 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If you follow football, particularly on the continent, it’s blindingly obvious 

I follow football however there is no firm evidence that “most” managers specifically ask for a DoF as you suggested.

That is your opinion which is fine - mine is that any experienced manager worth his salt would not want a DoF staring over his shoulder.

11 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I follow football however there is no firm evidence that “most” managers specifically ask for a DoF as you suggested.

That is your opinion which is fine - mine is that any experienced manager worth his salt would not want a DoF staring over his shoulder.

If it’s a thing on the continent maybe we should look there for a DoF and manager.

i mean two different people obv 

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

If it’s a thing on the continent maybe we should look there for a DoF and manager.

i mean two different people obv 

I see the requirement for massive Clubs like Barca, Real, Bayern, etc, but does a Club like Hearts really need a DoF if we get an experienced manager backed up with good coaches and an Academy Manager???

8 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I see the requirement for massive Clubs like Barca, Real, Bayern, etc, but does a Club like Hearts really need a DoF if we get an experienced manager backed up with good coaches and an Academy Manager???

Not sure to be honest. Ann Budge certainly seems to think so. One thing that springs to mind, that I thought was a good idea,.was that all teams, from youth to first team, play the same system. Hearts apparently do that until the first team, which obviously makes it a waste of time but a proper DoF could oversee that kind of thing.

The other things a new DoF could oversee would be the scouting which could maybe be better. If we get a young manager in then a DoF may have better contacts for loans/transfers.etc.

i am not against it. I just want someone other than CL doing it.

Edited by GinRummy

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not sure to be honest. Ann Budge certainly seems to think so. One thing that springs to mind, that I thought was a good idea,.was that all teams, from youth to first team, play the same system. Hearts apparently do that until the first team, which obviously makes it a waste of time but a proper DoF could oversee that kind of thing.

The other things a new DoF could oversee would be the scouting which could maybe be better. If we get a young manager in then a DoF may have better contacts for loans/transfers.etc.

i am not against it. I just want someone other than CL doing it.

Budge certainly swallowed Levein’s grand plan hook line and sinker!

DoF in over all command of young coaches on an internal conveyor belt, all youth teams playing the same set up and tactics.........sounds great........pie in the sky!!!

8 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

DoF in over all command of young coaches on an internal conveyor belt, all youth teams playing the same set up and tactics.........sounds great........pie in the sky!!!

Yeah the whole promote from within thing is nonsense. A good DoF overseeing the football side of the club might not be. Budge herself seems to want a buffer between herself and the football side. If the right man got the job I think it could work.

On the youth sides playing the same system, I think that is a great idea but if the first team isn’t doing the same it’s just a waste of time. Sort of job half done scenario.

Edited by GinRummy

All roads lead to Gorgie
19 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Best Scottish defender in my lifetime. Great player and to captain a Scottish team to European glory is no mean feat.

Willie Miller was also Scotland's best referee in my lifetime. Always consulting the linesman as well as some other bloke dressed in black on the pitch. 

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Willie Miller was also Scotland's best referee in my lifetime. Always consulting the linesman as well as some other bloke dressed in black on the pitch. 

Yes, he was good at that too right enough. Never understood what role that guy in the black had during Aberdeen games in the 80s.

All roads lead to Gorgie
18 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, he was good at that too right enough. Never understood what role that guy in the black had during Aberdeen games in the 80s.

The SFA could have saved about ten quid a game by just leaving Willie to give all the decisions. No need for Fergie time either. 

4 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Fortunately nobody on JKB swallows your made up Shite. 

15 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

But it's not made up shite.  Levein was genuinely rude to poor Thomaso at some point in the past.  The poor souls fragile ego has never recovered, hence the repetitive, monotonous diatribes that we've got to endure on this forum.  God knows what Levein said to him but it must have been bad.

51 minutes ago, EH11 said:

But it's not made up shite.  Levein was genuinely rude to poor Thomaso at some point in the past.  The poor souls fragile ego has never recovered, hence the repetitive, monotonous diatribes that we've got to endure on this forum.  God knows what Levein said to him but it must have been bad.

He told me he likes to play attacking entertaining football...... I didn’t believe him.

1 hour ago, Noah Claypole said:

Now there’s a coincidence! 😂

11 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

He told me he likes to play attacking entertaining football...... I didn’t believe him.

Indeed, the voices in your head. 

1 minute ago, EH11 said:

Indeed, the voices in your head. 

Your right - Levein would NEVER ever say he likes to play attacking entertaining football.....

14 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Your right - Levein would NEVER ever say he likes to play attacking entertaining football.....

As he's retired then that's probably correct.

Weakened Offender
23 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

100%. A great player and even better captain.

He was despised by both OF sides too. Hard to believe it's the same guy who is so cosy with the status quo nowadays.

Weakened Offender
4 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Something Steven Naismith did brilliantly for us last season when fit.

On 07/09/2019 at 22:26, Central Belt 1874 said:

Miller actually said most of what you have just posted Sadj. 

I couldn't tell if he disagreed with the DOF role or if he was suggesting football has moved on from his (and Leveins) time and it is the norm for a DOF now, which an ambitious young coach/manager would be more comfortable with. 

Basically all pundits on Radio Scotland today thought we were in a complete mess in regards to our football management situation. 

I haven’t anytime for Miller as a person so if he did i’ll still say he didn’t 😉 Man is a grade A even Calderwood and Nicholls nightly sessions in Chicago Rock were less cringey than Millers personal behaviour and white suits.

The bit in bold i agree with however Levein’s thinking has always been more modern in terms of ideas and structure. Success with it is a different question though before anyone starts. 

13 minutes ago, farin said:

Yep, he was constantly in the refs face nipping his ear throughput games & barking out advice/ to commands to players during games too. A real winning attitude on the pitch. 

Yip, nothing wrong with that. Look at any captain worth his salt and he should be in about refs during a game. Miller wasn’t the only one, most great teams had guys like this. Use everything in your armoury.

33 minutes ago, Boab said:

Yip, nothing wrong with that. Look at any captain worth his salt and he should be in about refs during a game. Miller wasn’t the only one, most great teams had guys like this. Use everything in your armoury.

All of the Aberdeen players then and now are in the refs ear. Its the norm.

The Mercer Takeover
On ‎07‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 19:48, OTT said:

Thats absolutely fine. 

Don't bother giving them the job. Let them keep managing Montrose, St Mirren and other diddies.

I think the merits of a DOF in the modern game given the complete lack of loyalty from managers, coaches makes a lot of sense. Whether we have the right man is another question.

The DOF role should be viewed as an aid to the manager. A guy to help ensure success, this backward fear ****witts like Millar are trying to push is utterly ridiculous. 

We managed over 130 years without one and most other clubs in Scotland don't have one, so perhaps we should just save the salary and buy better players. We have been an absolute shambles under a DOF for a few years now, so the role is discredited here.

Levein must go.....

2 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

We managed over 130 years without one and most other clubs in Scotland don't have one, so perhaps we should just save the salary and buy better players. We have been an absolute shambles under a DOF for a few years now, so the role is discredited here.

Levein must go.....

The structure in the past isn’t that relevant. Times change.

i’m unsure whether a DoF is the way to go or not but getting Craig Levein and the first team coaches out of the club should be a priority. 

Guest ToqueJambo
On 09/09/2019 at 07:38, The Mercer Takeover said:

Levein must go.....

A shambles, really? Yeah the last 30/40 years or so without a DoF were plain sailing. 😂 A model football club

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Win, lose or draw?

16F6602C-6CC0-4B0D-B60D-3B1150F4C1FF.jpeg

I predict a few loonies as this guarantees we'll win on Saturday. Did they learn nothing from the plane stunt?

Guest ToqueJambo
On 08/09/2019 at 08:08, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Yeah, let's try nothing new, ever.

17 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yeah, let's try nothing new, ever.

It’s great being a forward thinking club and trying a different approach. The DoF role seems to offer some clubs a level ofconsistency over the long term that you don’t get with most managers these days. Which, tbh, makes the decision to give both jobs to the same person utterly baffling.

Edited by GinRummy

Guest ToqueJambo
15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s great being a forward thinking club and trying a different approach. The DoF role seems to offer some clubs a level ofconsistency over the long term that you don’t get with most managers these days. Which, tbh, makes the decision to give both jobs to the same person utterly baffling.

Yes it was a weird appointment although I can see the reasoning behind it. The fact is though most managers who don't have a DoF effectively do both jobs. That's the whole point. As far as I'm concerned we were better with a young coach and experienced DoF so I'd like to keep going with that model. The DoF role differs club to club anyhow. Some are mostly focused on recruitment, some on youth, some on style of play and some might have a remit for all of those things. Maybe we'll come out of this with a clearer idea of how it can work.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yes it was a weird appointment although I can see the reasoning behind it. The fact is though most managers who don't have a DoF effectively do both jobs. That's the whole point. As far as I'm concerned we were better with a young coach and experienced DoF so I'd like to keep going with that model. The DoF role differs club to club anyhow. Some are mostly focused on recruitment, some on youth, some on style of play and some might have a remit for all of those things. Maybe we'll come out of this with a clearer idea of how it can work.

I certainly hope we come out of it stronger. Seemed to work well with CL and RN for a while but I hope when we find the next DoF he never takes the managers job, even on an interim basis. Learn from our mistakes. 

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I predict a few loonies as this guarantees we'll win on Saturday. Did they learn nothing from the plane stunt?

There will be a few loonies, but mostly people absolutely scunnered by the direction Levein is taking us on the field. There are no guarantees we will win.

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

We are 50/50 with the DoF young head coach model, the new DoF and coach might be different.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

There will be a few loonies, but mostly people absolutely scunnered by the direction Levein is taking us on the field. There are no guarantees we will win.

A few seem to be hoping we won't. Imagine planning a protest after 4 games of a new season. Absolute lunatics.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

A few seem to be hoping we won't. Imagine planning a protest after 4 games of a new season. Absolute lunatics.

Dont think it's about the 1st 4 games tbh the record over the past year has been woeful. 

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Win, lose or draw?

16F6602C-6CC0-4B0D-B60D-3B1150F4C1FF.jpeg

5pm til 10pm? Not a chance people will stay for 5hours. Win lose or draw. There was about 10shouting after Ross County and Hamilton and they pretty much left with the rest of the crowd from what people said.