*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****

Whatever

*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****  

1,302 members have voted

1. 1. Should craig Levein....

• Remain in position as head coach and director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as head coach but remain at the club as Director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as director of football but remain at the club as head coach
    • Leave/be removed from the club completely

It should have been ten
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

The was a poll on here just before Robbie left, had well in excess of 90% behind him.. 

we did have a small, extremely noisy minority who did not forgive the hibs game, the hibs comments and at the time were picking up on anything and everything g  to have a dig at the club becuase of supporter bans. Remember who was actually responsible for the airplane stunt

Yes, the boy is an utter cretin. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

• 1874robbo

• Jambo-Fox

I like Levein, and because of that I want to see him do well but there’s no chance in hell this season will come good we need change

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

10 years ago we’d have had the pitchforks out, were you even at the game yesterday - every time, and I mean every single time the team on the pitch gave the fans something to get behind they got a positive response and backing.. when they looked slow, lazy, uninterested or just plain shite they got stick.   Fans will tolerate a lot but laziness and lack of basic effort is unforgivable given WE pay the wages. 

we are the laziest team in the league.. utterly awful and it’s gone on for nearly a year. Nearly a year before there is any sort of notable show of annoyance..

how much longer do you suggest? 1 game? 5 ? another year.  

Do you have facts to back up your statement of laziest team in the league? 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

I totally 100% agree the players need to get the finger out, they are lazy and soft and ought to take a long hard look at themselves. We have a decent squad and should be doing far better than we are, will a change of manager dramatically fix that, I’m not so sure. We’ll need to wait and see eh. 

He has to take responsibility for it, just like he can take the credit for some of the great work behind the scenes.. it’s unacceptable

3 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

He may be a cretin but it seems he had the power to single-handedly force change at Hearts which is more than 1000 JKB members could ever manage 🤔

kingantti1874
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Obviously nothing other than my eyes, we don’t press, we don’t hustle, we don’t show any urgency, players who don’t have the ball don’t move into space, player who hardly ever drive into space  that’s why we are so easy to play against. 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

absolutley.. but the point is- there wasn’t a material move against Neilson from semi decent humans.. to suggest their was isn’t accurate

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Obviously nothing other than my eyes, we don’t press, we don’t hustle, we don’t show any urgency, players who don’t have the ball don’t move into space, player who hardly ever drive into space  that’s why we are so easy to play against. 

It's very hard to quantify 'laziness' with stats. I wouldn't waste your time trying; it's just deflecting tactics to undermine your point.

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He won’t have no but we have a league table that shows the fact at this present time we are the 2nd shittest team in the league.

Its toxic and past the point of no return re Levein and his influence at the Club....he has had a good run re the day he was appointed and the dire mess we find ourself in, all his doing, his DNA is right through the club, I include good bad and indifferent re all aspects of the club...

He needs to go for his wellbeing and the clubs....Budge is failing in her duties re the clubs best interest and from a welfare point of view, ensuring Craig doesnt suffer from further ill health....

Pull the trigger and do the right thing Miss Budge....

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

He won’t have no but we have a league table that shows the fact at this present time we are the 2nd shittest team in the league.

Yes, we are after 4 games. 

That's not what he said tho. 

26 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I actually honestly believe that the supporters were tolerant with Robbie and whilst the timing might have looked bad to an outsider seeing as we were near the top of the league, the truth is our performances had been honking for a good number of months.

Spot on. There was considerable dissatisfaction with the performances. But the crazies have their stab-in-the-back myth and will try to carry on convincing people that Robbie had so little backbone that he was “hounded out” by a nutter with a banner.

Edited by leginten

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I’ll put it another way. It’s no surprise that we are early season relegation candidates Given we don’t press, we don’t hustle, we don’t show any urgency, players who don’t have the ball don’t move into space, player who hardly ever drive into space.. lazy garbage

Edited by kingantti1874

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Whether we are the laziest or not factually I wouldn’t happen to know but I do agree with him that our players effort and commitment can be seriously lacking.

1 minute ago, leginten said:

Spot on. There was considerable dissatisfaction with the performances. But the crazies have their stab-in-the-back legend and will try to carry on convincing people that Robbie had so little backbone that he was “hounded out” by a nutter with a banner.

Correct, Robbie was happy to go at the first team to flash its arse!! Pretty much same as Levein years ago.

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

Correct, Robbie was happy to go at the first team to flash its arse!! Pretty much same as Levein years ago.

Exactly!

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

So you've made that up. 

This us what annoys me, there us a debate to be had on why we are not getting results-

The manager? 

Confidence? 

New players 

Constant injuries? 

Coaching? 

Tactics? 

But then folk say we are laziest team in the league, like it's a fact. 

I see no truth in your statement at all tbh. 

I think we look disjointed at times and are very soft and brittle when the games goes against us, but lazy? Not at all. 

Smith, Hickey, Washington, Walker, Uche, Berra, Halkett over the season have tried  even Clare yesterday tried hard and run a lot. Even new guys like Whyte, Damour and Whelan run until Litterally they cramp up. 

Guys like Naismith wanting to play even although not 100%.

I think your comment about us being lazy is lazy tbh and holds no truth whatever. 

It's just easy to say and batter the team with. 

We have problems but work rate is not one of them. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

The winter break provides the perfect opportunity to bring in someone new but we need to be proactive in doing that. Levein needs to accept that he's had his chance. The start of this season was his opportunity to turn things round, not now. That moment has passed. 

New manager in ASAP. No ridiculously long recruitment process, contact the best guys we can find and see if they will take the job (Moyes). If not, contact Utd or ICT and see if we can get Neilson or Robbo back to fix this mess. 

Edited by OTT

kingantti1874
20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So you've made that up. 

This us what annoys me, there us a debate to be had on why we are not getting results-

The manager? 

Confidence? 

New players 

Constant injuries? 

Coaching? 

Tactics? 

But then folk say we are laziest team in the league, like it's a fact. 

I see no truth in your statement at all tbh. 

I think we look disjointed at times and are very soft and brittle when the games goes against us, but lazy? Not at all. 

Smith, Hickey, Washington, Walker, Uche, Berra, Halkett over the season have tried  even Clare yesterday tried hard and run a lot. Even new guys like Whyte, Damour and Whelan run until Litterally they cramp up. 

Guys like Naismith wanting to play even although not 100%.

I think your comment about us being lazy is lazy tbh and holds no truth whatever. 

It's just easy to say and batter the team with. 

We have problems but work rate is not one of them. 

Your entitled to your opinion but obviously I don’t agree. we don’t press, we don’t hustle, we don’t show any urgency - half the time it’s like watching a friendly.  I’m reasonably sure after watching that mess of a performance yesterday that as well as working us out, Hamilton out worked us - which is just inexcusable.

the one game in the last 6 months which has been the exception to that was the cup final.. and what a difference it was, pressing, harrying, moving into space whenever possible - unquestionable effort.. and guess what, even though we lost the support were behind the team and the manager to a man.

Edited by kingantti1874

Phil Parkinson

Gary Rowett

Chris Hughton

David Moyes

Chris Coleman

Nigel Pearson

Gary Monk

Michael Appleton

Neil McCann

Just a small sample of managers who as far as I'm aware are looking for work.

Your entitled to your opinion, we don’t press, we don’t hustle, we don’t show any urgency.  I’m reasonably sure after watching yet another mess of a performance that Hamilton out worked hearts yesterday.. which is just inexcusable.

the one game in the last 6 months which has been the exception to that was the cup final.. and what a difference it was, pressing, harrying, moving into space whenever possible - unquestionable effort.. and guess what, even though we lost the support were behind the team and the manager to a man.

Looking back now though it seems the cup final just papered over the cracks. In the weeks leading up to the final I wanted Levein gone. The cup final brought me back on side but the good faith the final bought has been eradicated by this start to the season. It’s made even worse by the fact we have the best squad of players we’ve had for a long long time.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Phil Parkinson

Gary Rowett

Chris Hughton

David Moyes

Chris Coleman

Nigel Pearson

Gary Monk

Michael Appleton

Neil McCann

gio van Bronckhorst is looking for work.. maybe he’d be keen to get into British football.. totally left field and hugely unlikely but you never know

42 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Looking back now though it seems the cup final just papered over the cracks. In the weeks leading up to the final I wanted Levein gone. The cup final brought me back on side but the good faith the final bought has been eradicated by this start to the season. It’s made even worse by the fact we have the best squad of players we’ve had for a long long time.

I actually think it’s an indictment of where we are that so many of our fans were so happy with the cup

final performance. Yes we put in the effort but I can’t actually recall a single chance aside from the goal and Celtic were there for the taking.

if anything it just highlights how bad our other performances have been

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

I actually think it’s an indictment of where we are that so many of our fans were so happy with the cup

final performance. Yes we put in the effort but I can’t actually recall a single chance aside from the goal and Celtic were there for the taking.

if anything it just highlights how bad our other performances have been

we had a few, berra had a great chance.. Celtic, a far stronger side than us on paper had no opportunities of note until the pen.

1 hour ago, leginten said:

Spot on. There was considerable dissatisfaction with the performances. But the crazies have their stab-in-the-back myth and will try to carry on convincing people that Robbie had so little backbone that he was “hounded out” by a nutter with a banner.

I'd say he was hounded out by Levein.

Currently 54 seemingly want no change!

I expect that to increase as some founder members of the JKB LDL are still in hiding at present! 😉

See if Mr Levein dumps Berra in the Jobby bin. We're top 3.

If he doesn't then he's the idiot the tossers on here crave for.

It upsets me that Berra is finished, BUT...hes done. He's the weak link and if he costs Levein his job then so be it. 

Personally I hope Levein bins him, sucks up the pain and lives to fight another day. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Your entitled to your opinion but obviously I don’t agree. we don’t press, we don’t hustle, we don’t show any urgency - half the time it’s like watching a friendly.  I’m reasonably sure after watching that mess of a performance yesterday that as well as working us out, Hamilton out worked us - which is just inexcusable.

The cup final comparison really does it for me as well. 

We harried and pressed but that was because we allowed celtic the ball and generally they hold the ball and pass it. 

We can't do that to a team that hits it long. 

How can we press Hamilton or rc when they hit it long. There is nothing to press. 

The comparison makes no sense at all. 

Football doesn't work like that either. Tactics v celtic are completely different to one's v Hamilton and again nothing to do with work rate. 

We weren't quick enough with the second balls in the second halfand as well as being wasteful up front we are brittle at the back. 

If we go 2-0 or 3-1 the game is comfortable, the problem is for a variety of reasons we just don't have that in us atm. 

Nothing to do with work rate, and even if you think it is, making a statement that we are the laziest team in the league is just Hyperbole at best and a plan lie at worst without anything to back it up. 

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Phil Parkinson

Gary Rowett

Chris Hughton

David Moyes

Chris Coleman

Nigel Pearson

Gary Monk

Michael Appleton

Neil McCann

Phil Parkinson did a good job at Bradford for a few years, had his hands tied behind his back at Bolton though.  Appleton bumped Hibs did he not, so him coming in and getting us back on track would annoy them even more.

Adam_the_legend
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We harried and pressed but that was because we allowed celtic the ball and generally they hold the ball and pass it. 

How can we press Hamilton or rc when they hit it long. There is nothing to press. 

Football doesn't work like that either. Tactics v celtic are completely different to one's v Hamilton and again nothing to do with work rate. 

We weren't quick enough with the second balls in the second halfand as well as being wasteful up front we are brittle at the back. 

If we go 2-0 or 3-1 the game is comfortable, the problem is for a variety of reasons we just don't have that in us atm. 

Nothing to do with work rate, and even if you think it is, making a statement that we are the laziest team in the league is just Hyperbole at best and a plan lie at worst without anything to back it up. 

Watching Hearts under levein, and perfectly highlighted in yesterday’s game is how slow and ponderous our play is. It MUST be coached as it’s so painfully slow I’ve never seen a team play quite like that. New management team required. 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We get the least bang for buck that’s for ****ing sure

Bazzas right boot

We get the least bang for buck that’s for ****ing sure

We can agree that something needs fixed. 

And Pronto. 

👍

I find some of the toxicity towards Levein on here quite disgusting. Levein is a PHM. He's hurting when we dont do well. I think folk need to remember that.

That said.....

The team are underperforming. Levein isn't getting it right, the team dont look enthusiastic under him and we've not seen improvement for a considerable time. It pains me to say it but I do think we need to look for a new face in the dugout. 

Adam_the_legend
1 minute ago, Der Kaiser said:

I find some of the toxicity towards Levein on here quite disgusting. Levein is a PHM. He's hurting when we dont do well. I think folk need to remember that.

That said.....

The team are underperforming. Levein isn't getting it right, the team dont look enthusiastic under him and we've not seen improvement for a considerable time. It pains me to say it but I do think we need to look for a new face in the dugout. 

The other side of that coin, a PHM would know when it’s time to let someone else take over. CL loves Hearts but not as much as he loves CL

13 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

The other side of that coin, a PHM would know when it’s time to let someone else take over. CL loves Hearts but not as much as he loves CL

Correct, a few have fell for it as well and love CLFC.

2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Think some have voted in error. Some of those 48 have been very clear in wanting Levein out so think it is a false figure.

I read it wrong and made that error.

I want him to go back up stairs as long as the next manager has control of first team.

He had done well with the youth set up. 

We are a team void of ideas, void of real skill, void of tactics, and void of confidence. This is not because the players are poor, but because the manager and the coaching is poor.

27 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

See if Mr Levein dumps Berra in the Jobby bin. We're top 3.

If he doesn't then he's the idiot the tossers on here crave for.

It upsets me that Berra is finished, BUT...hes done. He's the weak link and if he costs Levein his job then so be it. 

Personally I hope Levein bins him, sucks up the pain and lives to fight another day. 

No chance.  Berra should be dropped but we look clueless all over the pitch.  We barely create any chances and make the opposition keeper work.  We might sneak 10th place if we drop Berra.

14 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

That said.....

I like your posts so I'll comment.

We played yesterday with a confident swagger in parts and to suggest the team aren't playing for the gaffer is garbage.

We chop and change, that's an issue I don't understand.

We have a centre half with the arm band that isn't fit for purpose unfortunately.

We are a decent side except for........

2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

No chance.  Berra should be dropped but we look clueless all over the pitch.  We barely create any chances and make the opposition keeper work.  We might sneak 10th place if we drop Berra.

You didn't watch the game yesterday.  

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

We are a team void of ideas, void of real skill, void of tactics, and void of confidence. This is not because the players are poor, but because the manager and the coaching is poor.

Devoid

Just now, Noah Claypole said:

I know mate.  I have stopped going.  Will be back for the cup match against Aberdeen when we have a new manager.:thumbsup:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

You haven’t been watching for the past 18 months

2 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

I like your posts so I'll comment.

We played yesterday with a confident swagger in parts and to suggest the team aren't playing for the gaffer is garbage.

We chop and change, that's an issue I don't understand.

We have a centre half with the arm band that isn't fit for purpose unfortunately.

We are a decent side except for........

Your desperation to pin this all on Berra is quite something.

White as culpable as Berra at the first, a midfield trio that completely went missing and Washington not taking chances all contributed to the result.

We played well enough first half. Nothing spectacular. No idea what happened at half time but the 2nd half was ridiculous and it wasn’t solely down to Berra (though I have already said he looks done. Played very well a fortnight ago at Motherwell mind)

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You haven’t been watching for the past 18 

1 minute ago, Whatever said:

Your desperation to pin this all on Berra is quite something.

White as culpable as Berra at the first, a midfield trio that completely went missing and Washington not taking chances all contributed to the result.

We played well enough first half. Nothing spectacular. No idea what happened at half time but the 2nd half was ridiculous and it wasn’t solely down to Berra (though I have already said he looks done. Played very well a fortnight ago at Motherwell mind)

When we have the ball, we're decent.

When we haven't, that's a different proposition and that's when your best most experienced defender steps up. He doesn't anymore.

Remember there's not just one team on the pitch.